1 reply to this topic

#1 FishyFantasy

FishyFantasy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hello, I wonder where can I find belt buckles (the metal thing) without the rubber/leather?

Also, can I make belts out of eva foam and cover them with pleather without buying the real plain belt? I wish to customize them.

#2 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

It's been a long time since I gone to Pertama... but this is from the list I made. Provided Pertama didn't relocate its shops and the shop didn't close, you should be able to find some buckles here. Hopefully.

Alat-alat Jahitan Kim Lai Sdn Bhd

- G-37

There's also a small tailoring shop at 3rd floor of SG Wang Plaza if I'm not mistaken... and I used to remember them selling buckles. The shop close at Mondays I think. But yeah... since these few years I seldom go material shopping so some of my info on shop locations might be outdated, but you can still try to check it out.

Yes, you can custom-make belts even without using an actual one. As long as you have a base form that's sturdy enough to use as belt and have the buckles attached. The shop at Sg Wang had something like that... forgot what name it was, kinda like a big strip of textile lined with plasic at one side. I used that for making my ZAFT belt long time ago. And I suppose you can also do that with eva foams as well.

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users