• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

CLOSED!

CF2014 Booth Announcement v2.jpg

**Illustration is for promotional use only

CF2014 Art Booth Rules and Regulations

PLEASE READ the RULES and REGULATIONS

Please note that there is no longer a first come first serve basis.

Our priority list when it comes to picking artists are as follows:

a. Self made Comic/ Manga (original / fan arts)

b. Illustration/ printed book

c. Self made games / digital product 

d. Printed goods – poster, postcard, sticker, badges, keychain, T-shirt, bookmarks, calendars , etc

e. Craft – accessories, soap, handmade plushies, 

1. All fields in the following registration forms are mandatory:

Premium Artbooth

a. 1 booth (1 table + 2 chairs + 2 tags) = RM450 (Rental) + RM50 (Deposit)

b. 2 booths (2 tables + 4 chairs + 4 tags)= RM900 (Rental) + RM50 (Deposit)

(Premium Artbooth) Extra tag(s)** RM40 each

Basic Artbooth

a. 1 table + 2 chairs + 1 tag = RM200 (Rental) + RM 50 (Deposit)

b. 2 tables + 4 chairs + 2 tags = RM400(Rental) + RM 50 (Deposit)

Extra tag(s)** RM 40 each (Basic packages are restricted to 3 extra tags/table)

2. The registration period will last from 7th July 2014 to 31st August 2014

3. Interested artists are encouraged to register as soon as possible during the registration period.

4. There will be no first come first serve basis for CF2014.

5. A Booking Confirmation will be sent out to you to inform you of your status (Confirmed or Waiting List) on the 9th of September.

6. Payment information will be included in the booking confirmation email. Kindly reply with all information requested.

7. A confirmation reply via email will be sent once payment is received. Please allow 1 week of processing time before expecting the email.

8. A detailed information email will be sent out 2-4 weeks before CF 2014.

General Information:

1. Due to limited space available, for Basic booths, each group is only allowed to purchase a maximum of 2 booths. This is to allow ample space for the number of groups who have supported us for so many years as well as provide room for new groups to experience booth ownership.

2. Confirmed booking must be fully paid within 7 working days time.

a. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of booking.

Booth Details:

**Artist booth staff will not require any tickets to enter the event. Instead, each booth will come with 1 Tag that will allow you to skip the queue and enter the hall through non-public entrances.

Premium Booth

1. Area size: 2 meter x 2 meter (about 6.5 ft x 6.5 ft)

2. Table size: 2 feet x 4 feet

3. Chairs: 2 chairs

4. Tags provided: 2 Tags

5. Power socket : 1

6. Panel size : 2 meter wide and 2.5 meter tall

7. Booth name printed on booth panel (Registered name of artbooth only)

8. Table cloth not provided since table is covered on the outer side.

9. Logo placement on booklet (Tentative)

10. Allowed to decorate the boards of the artbooth using blu-tack or tape that doesn't leave any stain.

11. Additional furniture is allowed in the premium artbooth area as long as it is within the area size.

Basic Artbooth

1. Area size: 5 feet x 5 feet

2. Table size: 2 feet x 5 feet
3. Each table comes with 2 chairs (due to logistic constraints no extra chair will be provided)

4. Table cloth can be provided however advised to bring own for nicer table cloth

5. Tags provided per table: 1 Tag

6. Extra chair(s) or furniture is not allowed in the basic art booth area

7. Laptops are allowed but bring at your own risk. There are no plug points supplied.

Setup time:

a. Friday night : 5 pm –10.30pm

b. Day 1: 7 am - 9.30 am*

c. Day 2: 7 am - 9.30 am*

1. Only art booth owners with tags are allowed into the convention hall for setup.

2. Booth owners need to register their booth and collect their tags before entering the convention hall.

3. For more information to purchase extra tags, please read the booth order section

Extra information:

1. Art Booth Storage:

a. Booth owners are allowed to leave and store their merchandises overnight in their booth area in the convention hall.

b. *It is advisable NOT to leave any valuables overnight in the convention hall.

*Comic Fiesta is not responsible for any loss or damage of art booth owners’ belongings.

2. Art booth owners are encouraged to drop off one copy of their merchandise to Comic Fiesta during registration.

a. The sample merchandises will be compiled and shown to the creative industry that CF is connected with.

b. Please make sure that there is some form of contact on the merchandise(s).

3. Move in

a. Commercial trolleys are NOT ALLOWED through the hall foyer as it will damage the flooring. Kindly arrange to hand carry your merchandise or use small trolleys that are designed for personal use.

Art Booth Owners’ Merchandises:

1. All items on sale must be an ORIGINAL CREATION by the SIGNATORY.

2.*All products, whether fan-works or original ideas must have been drawn or made by the participating group.

3. Any commercially produced item (of any type) will not be permitted to be sold during the event.

4. Strictly NO second-hand (buy and resale items), violent, socially offensive or adult materials.

5. Strictly NO hentai, yaoi or yuri materials.

6. A notice is mandatory for books containing content above PG-13.

7. Booth owners that are selling on behalf of an artist must attach a proof of consent from the original artist.

8. Proof of consent:

a. Any type of recognition such as a signature letter or an e-mail, that indicates that original artist approves of you selling in Comic Fiesta premises.

b. Art booth owner should directly represent the artist.

9. Any artbooth owners found to be in violation of the rules will be warned; if unwilling to follow instructions, artbooth owners will be blacklisted for future events.

10. Since CF 2014 is no longer having first come first serve basis, it is important for artbooth owners to send us links and sample of merchandises and works during the registration period along with the registration.

11. Artwork and merchandises will be sorted out by the Comic Fiesta Artbooth team mainly on the basis of type of works and quality of works.

12. Our priority list when it comes to picking artists are as follows:

a. Self made Comic/ Manga (original / fan arts)

b. Illustration/ printed book

c. Self made games / digital product 

d. Printed goods – poster, postcard, sticker, badges, keychain, T-shirt, bookmarks, calendars , etc

e. Craft – accessories, soap, handmade plushies, etc

*Registered company and brand with the artist are strongly encouraged to take premium booth  

Refundable Deposit:

1. Due to errant booth owners, a RM 50 refundable deposit will be enforced.

2. The deposit will be forfeited should the booths commit any of the following violations:

a. Absence

i. Booth owners are required to attend for the days their booths are rented for.

b. Arriving late without informing committee

i. Please SMS the person in charge if you will arrive later than 10am (number will be given along with booth location email)

c. Taking Early Leave

i. Booth owners are responsible to ensure that their booths are manned through the two days of the event (10am-6.00pm).

ii. The only exceptions to this are booths who have completely sold off their products whereby a member of the art booth organizing committee (at the registration booth) must be notified before leaving.

d. Damage to Facilities Provided

i. Rented booths and its surrounding areas are the responsibility of the booth owners. Any damage sustained, whether permanent or otherwise, that may result in the devaluation of the facilities provided will constitute as a violation to this rule.

ii. A checklist will be provided during registration of art booth to help booth owners ensure that everything is there before and after the event.

iii. Premium booth area will be checked during the return of the RM50 deposit

e. Loss of Facilities Provided

i. Any facilities provided (e.g. tables, chairs, table cloth) will be the responsibility of the booth owners themselves.

f. Forgetting to collect the deposit

1. Basic Art booth owner forgetting to collect the deposit on CF 2014 Day 2 before 6 pm will forfeit their RM 50 deposit

2. The forfeit of the RM 50 does not constitute for any penalty that result from compensation for the loss/damages, which will be the added responsibility of the booth owners themselves.

3. The refundable deposit can be claimed from the registration booth from Sunday, 4 pm onwards.

g. Failure to follow merchandise rules

Please refer to Art Booth Owners’ Merchandises section.

Booth Order:

1. Orders are for 2 days only.

2. You may unofficially share your booth with another group but the official listing of artist booths involved would be under the name you have registered with us.

3. Booth Pricing:

A. Basic Artbooth (Max 2 tables per booth owner)

a. 1 table + 2 chairs + 1 tag = RM200 (Rental) + RM 50 (Deposit)

b. 2 tables + 4 chairs + 2 tags = RM400(Rental) + RM 50 (Deposit)

B. Premium Artbooth

a. 1 booth (1 table + 2 chairs + 2 tags) = RM450 (Rental) + RM50 (Deposit)

b. 2 booths (2 tables + 4 chairs + 4 tags)= RM900 (Rental) + RM50 (Deposit)

4. Extra tag(s)** RM 40 each (Basic packages are restricted to 3 extra tags/table)

We're also starting a Doujin Database for all doujin groups. Head on over and create your own thread and link it in your registration so it's easy for us to find all your works! You can check our sample here.

*Comic Fiesta reserves the right to change the R&R without prior notice.

Any additional requests from artbooth owner must be done 1 month before the event (26 November 2014)

Frequently asked questions:

Spoiler

Basic Artbooth Payment Confirmation

Spoiler

Basic Artbooth Waiting list

Spoiler

Premium Artbooth Booking Confirmation

Spoiler

15/9/2014

Basic Artbooth:

The booking confirmation email is sent. (If you are in the confirmed list and did not receive it, please email us)

(somehow some email rebounded so please do contact us if your artbooth is in the basic confirmed booking however you did not receive the booking confirmation email)

IMPORTANT: Some of you may have made payments using a different name and email address, please kindly contact us if

you did so we can confirm your payments.

Premium Artbooth: Booking confirmation is sent. (If you did not received it yet, please email us so we can resend you the booking confirmation along with the payment details, sorry for the delay)

Good job to those who made payments so swiftly~

Now we'll have to process them one by one so please be patient :)

Thank you for your kind patience.

For more information on Comic Fiesta, visit our website.

• NaviX, MatsuoAmon, crazilili and 2 others like this

#2 MatsuoAmon

MatsuoAmon

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi, how come we need permission to access the registration form?

#3 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi, how come we need permission to access the registration form?

Sorry as we made a mistake with the form permission. It should work as intended now. XD

• crazilili likes this
You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#4 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

AKABUMI already registered for Basic Booth.

Plus link to images of what I'll be selling.

So total price for booth is RM250 (200 + 50 deposit) then?

I hope I can get a booth. Because I want to sell my comics. Just got issue #02 of my original comic printed in April. Now getting prepared for CF. ^^

#5 ix3Rukia

ix3Rukia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hey , just wondering , i want to sell plushies of pokemon  ( original product from japan ) and some handmade plushies . But rule number #3. Any commercially produced item (of any type) will not be permitted to be sold during the event.

So does that means i cant qualify to register for a booth?

Posted Image
Click to visit my youtube for animations :)
Cosplay Plans 2012
1. Nurse akali - League of legend
2. Serge - Chrono Cross
3. Riven - League of legend
4. Ezreal - League of legend

#6 augustus

augustus

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Sorry, I register doble time as the first time link got problem. Am I still qualified for the registration?

#7 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

For AKABUMI, I've asked for 1 extra tag. So can I get 1 more?

And that would be a booth + 2 extra tags.

#8 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hey , just wondering , i want to sell plushies of pokemon  ( original product from japan ) and some handmade plushies . But rule number #3. Any commercially produced item (of any type) will not be permitted to be sold during the event.

So does that means i cant qualify to register for a booth?

Hi,

only your handmade plushies would be allowed to be on sale in Comic Fiesta.

The original product from Japan (plushies) would be accounted as commercially produced item.

Sorry, I register doble time as the first time link got problem. Am I still qualified for the registration?

Hi, 

Do not worry, we're processing everything that is registered.

If there are any double, we'll cross it out.

For AKABUMI, I've asked for 1 extra tag. So can I get 1 more?

And that would be a booth + 2 extra tags.

Hi,

It would be more convenient if you re-register and mention the change in the remarks sections since we are still in the product checking stage of registration for CF.

Thank you :)

#9 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Already re-registered AKABUMI. With the remarks to the changes or additions.

Just want to say sorry for the double submit just now. It was an accident due to slow internet.

And once again, thank you.

#10 SakuraVocal

SakuraVocal

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hi, I wanna ask about selling small edible products. Is it not allowed? Even though it'll be wrapped in plastic and sealed?

And is there any age restrictions?

Sorry for all the questions orz

#11 tanakaryuuji89

tanakaryuuji89

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

Hello my name is Tanaka Ryuuji. I am still new to this booth registration thing...a friend of mine would to open a booth to sell harajuku items and bags.....but she is only only able to sell it on Day 2 of Comic Fiesta...Is it possible to do for one day?

#12 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Already re-registered AKABUMI. With the remarks to the changes or additions.

Just want to say sorry for the double submit just now. It was an accident due to slow internet.

And once again, thank you.

Hi Akabumi,

Thanks for the clarification, the team will note about it.

Hi, I wanna ask about selling small edible products. Is it not allowed? Even though it'll be wrapped in plastic and sealed?

And is there any age restrictions?

Sorry for all the questions orz

Hi Sakura,

Last year we had rules where we allowed edible products which are artistic however it was somewhat abused and thus no more food will be allowed to be sold hence forth.

Age restrictions for entry of hall? purchase of artbooth? goods?

Thanks for asking as, it's better to clarify now than for it to be an issue later.

Hello my name is Tanaka Ryuuji. I am still new to this booth registration thing...a friend of mine would to open a booth to sell harajuku items and bags.....but she is only only able to sell it on Day 2 of Comic Fiesta...Is it possible to do for one day?

Hi Tanaka,

First question is are the harajuku items and bags self designed or produced (your friend's own design or products)?

No one day artbooth are being rented, however you may unofficially share with another person, where the other person could sell his/her goods one day and you yours the other.

I hope this clarifies.

#13 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Just want to ask.

Can we also sell manga paintings on flat canvas? Since it's considered illustration.

[EDIT]

Can we also sell Digital Comics on CDs/DVDs?

#14 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Just want to ask.

Can we also sell manga paintings on flat canvas? Since it's considered illustration.

[EDIT]

Can we also sell Digital Comics on CDs/DVDs?

Hi,

You can sell manga paintings on flat canvas as long as the art is self created where either you are the artist or you directly represent the artist.

Digital comics on CDs/DvDs are also allowed as long as you are the creator of the comic or directly represent the creator.

Hope this explains.

#15 benlow07

benlow07

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hi, i am considering on selling some figurines which i sculpted. They are mainly characters from anime so i guess they can be considered fanmade but am curious if there are any guidelines/ restrictions etc etc. This is my first time so i am a bi confused.

#16 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

Hi, i am considering on selling some figurines which i sculpted. They are mainly characters from anime so i guess they can be considered fanmade but am curious if there are any guidelines/ restrictions etc etc. This is my first time so i am a bi confused.

Hi,

Fan made items are fine, as long as it is not bought and sold and not copied from someone else online and resold.

If there are any more inquiries, please feel free to ask :)

#17 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

hey guys, is there a way that we can double check our application? or any way to reaffirm that our application is submitted.

I know I should've double checked before applying but still I just need to know if I have keyed in everything correctly.

#18 benlow07

benlow07

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

Fan made items are fine, as long as it is not bought and sold and not copied from someone else online and resold.

If there are any more inquiries, please feel free to ask :)

So characters of animes are fine? Thanks for the help.

#19 Deathmark1999

Deathmark1999

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Are we allowed to know the people who are going to be appearing in the Fiesta? 

#20 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Are we allowed to know the people who are going to be appearing in the Fiesta? 

It will be announced later who are coming to Comic Fiesta as artbooth owners :)

#21 ix3Rukia

ix3Rukia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hello , are there large booths available like for selling merchandise instead , like being a sponser or something , since i cant use a normal booth to sell items. If there is , is there anybody i can contact regarding this?

Thanks

Posted Image
Click to visit my youtube for animations :)
Cosplay Plans 2012
1. Nurse akali - League of legend
2. Serge - Chrono Cross
3. Riven - League of legend
4. Ezreal - League of legend

#22 JoouChiyanmon

JoouChiyanmon

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

I would like to know whether the chosen artbooth owner will be published on website or through e-mailing to the owner, as I have not receive any email from Comic Fiesta committee.

#23 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I would like to know whether the chosen artbooth owner will be published on website or through e-mailing to the owner, as I have not receive any email from Comic Fiesta committee.

It'll be published tonight.

Sorry for the delay on the email.

Hello , are there large booths available like for selling merchandise instead , like being a sponser or something , since i cant use a normal booth to sell items. If there is , is there anybody i can contact regarding this?

Thanks

You can email them to inquire: http://comicfiesta.org/contact/

#24 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Just in case there was a typo when I've registered...

My booth is AKABUMI.

My email is kuroikai_tmk@hotmail.com

Sorry. Just a bit nervous. I was checking my inbox a few minutes ago. And then I stopped by here to see whats going on. So the email sending time is delayed. But it is confirmed that the booth list will be published tonight.

#25 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

My booth is AKABUMI.

Sorry. Just a bit nervous. I was checking my inbox a few minutes ago. And then I stopped by here to see whats going on. So the email sending time is delayed. But it is confirmed that the booth list will be published tonight.

Hi,

The confirmed list will be announced in badges. The first badge will be up soon.

#26 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

My booth is AKABUMI.

Hi,

The confirmed list will be announced in badges. The first badge will be up soon.

You're still processing the list right?

#27 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone,

We will be making our announcements later in the night. Due to overwhelming response we're still working on the list. Just check your emails in the morning and you should have a reply.

Hope that helps.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#28 krystlekmy

krystlekmy

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

Okay, take your time ^_^ We can wait for the result.

My Basic Booth is Wolf Brothers, btw. And here's my products looks like: http://community.com...-wolf-brothers/  

DeviantART: http://krystlekmy.deviantart.com

Wolf Brothers -Products- Facebook: https://www.facebook...480988852149275

#29 Stachy Wolf

Stachy Wolf

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

So did anyone receive the mail? :(

#30 krystlekmy

krystlekmy

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

So did anyone receive the mail? :(

We will get email from them by morning and It's already post confirmation now (looked at above) =D

• crazilili likes this

DeviantART: http://krystlekmy.deviantart.com

Wolf Brothers -Products- Facebook: https://www.facebook...480988852149275

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comic Fiesta 2014, Artbooth, Registration, Form

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users