Photo

CF2010 Stage Performance Registration [CLOSED]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

Akane Chiaki: Not necessarily, but it would be great if the song fits in with the event's ACG theme :DSakurazuka: Will reply in a short bit!
Posted Image#emina @ irc.rizon.net - Enter at your own peril.

#2 sakuradesune

sakuradesune

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

i guess it is confirmed that none band performance for this year cf?
sakuradesune.jpg

#3 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

Right. I know that there are some of you guys who have been waiting for this for a pretty long while. Apologies for putting this up kinda late, but the only explanation I can offer you is that I've been pretty swamped with work as of late and only managed to get this finalized over the weekend. It is imperative that you fully read this post first before downloading and submitting the form to us to avoid any confusion. The FAQ section is in particular will have very useful information in regards to the process of registering and what you need to do during the event day itself, when you're supposed to perform. And so, without further ado;COMIC FIESTA 2010 STAGE REGISTRATIONRULES AND REGULATIONS Please submit any audio or video clips that you wish to use for your performance at least 1 week before the event. This is to ensure that we can play your clips during Comic Fiesta 2010. Clips and registration forms should be emailed to cf.stage@gmail.com Please bring a copy of the audio or video clips on the day of your performance, as a precautionary measure. Video clips submitted to us should be in .flv, .wmv, .mpeg, .avi, .mkv and .mp4 formats ONLY. Accepted audio clips include .mp3 and .wma formats ONLY. Performers must be at the stage 30 minutes before performance for sound checks. Failure to comply with this rule may cause your group's performance to be delayed or cancelled altogether. For group performers, it is the responsibility of the group leader to gather his/her group members at the appointed place at the appointed time. While we won't limit the number of members in a group performance, please try to keep the member count below 10 if possible. Props brought in for performance must be checked by the security helpers before entering the venue. Please check with the Comic Fiesta 2010 General Rules and Regulations for props that are allowed to be brought into the event venue. Each group/person will be allocated 15 minutes to perform. Each group/person is only allowed to perform once throughout the entire event, in order to be fair to everyone who wishes to perform. Performers will not be given free tickets to enter event venue. Tickets will need to be purchased at the ticketing counter located just outside the venue. The organisers of Comic Fiesta 2010 will not be liable for any injuries or loss of items that may occur throughout the course of this event.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSQ1. Who do we email the registration form to?Answer: Stage performance registration forms are to be e-mailed to cf.stage@gmail.comQ2. How will I know if I get a spot?Answer: You will be given a confirmation e-mail from cf.stage@gmail.com after we receive your e-mail with the form. Confirmation e-mails that come from anyone other than the given address will be considered null and void. So look closely at the sender of the e-mail!Q3. How many groups will be performing on stage this year?Answer: We're targetting more or less around 13 to 15 groups this year due to constraints in time (we do have quite a few activities in store!) and logistical reasons. We will extend this number if we find that we still have any more slots to fill in, so stay tuned!Q4. How will we know if there are already more than enough groups/people who are performing at the event?Answer: We will put update this post saying that the registration is closed, and no further registrations will be accepted. If you still send in e-mails for registration, we will again inform you that all the slots are filled and that registration is already closed.Q5. Will there be a deadline for registration for stage performance registration?Answer: No. Registration will only be closed once all the stage performance slots are filled up.Q6. Do we have to pay to perform at Comic Fiesta 2010?Answer: The only payment you will have to make is the payment for the tickets to enter the event venue. it wouldn't really make any sense for us to ask you to pay to perform on stage now would it?Q7. Can I or my group perform on both days of Comic Fiesta 2010?Answer: To encourage more people who want to perform on stage to do so, this year we're enforcing a rule that a person or group may only be allowed to perform once throughout the event. There have been incidents in the past where the performers were also participants in Cosplay competitions. So pick your slot wisely so that you don't end up running around like a headless chicken trying to do many things at once.Q8. Will there be band performances at Comic Fiesta 2010? If yes, may I or my band apply?Answer: As of now, we're still in discussions as to whether or not we will have any band performances at Comic Fiesta, but if we do decide to have it, don't worry. We will be looking for you.Q9. When do we submit our video/audio clips for our performances?Answer: Any video or audio clips should be submitted at least a week before the event to cf.stage@gmail.com. Also remember to bring a copy during the event day itself as a precaution!Q10. If we're in a group, does the whole group need to go to the DJ area to finalize our performance?Answer: No. That task will fall onto the hands of your group leader. The rest of the team members need only stand by and make sure all the group members are there so that there is no delay in your performance.Right. That's basically the FAQ in a nutshell. I'll add on as you ask more questions to things that might not be covered above, so don't be shy to ask if you have any inquiries.That said, here's a zip file of the form in three different formats. You only need to choose one (whichever's the easiest for you) to fill up and submit an e-mail to cf.stage@gmail.com. Cheers![attachment=0]

#4 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the reminder dude :D
Posted ImageCheck out my cosplay pics at my Devart!http://deidarags.deviantart.com/

#5 sakuradesune

sakuradesune

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

if already decide on the band performance, do tell~ my friends most probably want to apply =3
sakuradesune.jpg

#6 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

I forgot to mention one small detail.Please submit all the forms in either .doc or .docx or .pdf formats ONLY. Due to formatting reasons and general hate for open source document formats, only forms submitted in these three formats will be accepted.

#7 satan666

satan666

KNS Student

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3386 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Q6. Do we have to pay to perform at Comic Fiesta 2010?Answer: The only payment you will have to make is the payment for the tickets to enter the event venue. it wouldn't really make any sense for us to ask you to pay to perform on stage now would it?

Q6b. Do you pay us to perform at Comic Fiesta 2010?Answer: No idea but worth the ask lol...anyway, just to inform that I've sent application :D *kedush*

 While we won't limit the number of members in a group performance, please try to keep the member count below 10 if possible.

Q11. What if we have more than 10? What is the maximum number the stage can hold?

The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create. Leonard I. Sweet

Am I dreamin? Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

satan666: I'd pay if your group's performance has hot girls on stage >:D. Got your email and replied, btw.As for your question, I'd hazard a guess that it can hold around 15 people give or take, but if you're gonna do a dance performance or something I'd be REALLY REALLY careful with that many people. Will get back to you once I get exact measurements of the stage.

#9 afiqdharma

afiqdharma

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

yeah. pretty hoping there would be band performance.do tell me if it's confirmed.but i wouldn't mind having busking sessions again, like last year.we (desu!) busked all over the hallways last CF. =)
meet my band:

desu!

http://www.facebook.com/akibapunk
http://www.youtube.com/akibapunk
http://www.twitter.com/desuofficial

#10 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

can we choose which day and which slot we want for our performance? say, day one and around... afternoon...? :lol: (what a question, bwahahahhhh~ *kena kick*)and will we be informed?sorry for the Qs, but since this is my first time performing for CF, so just wanna ask to make sure~
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#11 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Yes, you can choose which time slots you want to perform. However, it will be subject to availability. We'll inform you through e-mail if the slot that you requested for is available or otherwise.Specific timeslots will be revealed later once we finalize our event schedule and details.

#12 Chiaki Chan

Chiaki Chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

umm.. is it compulsory to only sing japanese songs for (singing) performances?

#13 sakurazuka

sakurazuka

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hi, have emailed the form and waiting for your reply :D..Any problems pls email me.

#14 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:57 PM

Yes, you can choose which time slots you want to perform. However, it will be subject to availability. We'll inform you through e-mail if the slot that you requested for is available or otherwise.Specific timeslots will be revealed later once we finalize our event schedule and details.

okay, thanx a lot!! ^w^
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#15 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

To all of you guys who sent in e-mails and haven't heard from me, I apologize, but replies will be sent out tonight after I get back from work. It's been a (somewhat) hectic week from me, and I hope that you guys will be patient for just a little while longer m(_ _)m

#16 Sayurichan

Sayurichan

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

Email sent :)
Deviantart: sayurichan-4eva.deviantart.comDon't find love. Let love find you.That's why it's called falling in love,because you don't force yourself to fall.You just fall.

#17 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

Both mails sent!
Posted ImageCheck out my cosplay pics at my Devart!http://deidarags.deviantart.com/

#18 zed

zed

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

Wow nice, and I hope there will be band performance....PM me if there any.. :)

https://www.facebook...bpDesign?ref=hl Selling anime t-shirt!

#19 YenniAce

YenniAce

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place for inquiries... Well... If it's wrong, please delete this message and tell me PXErm, my friend and I are going to do some voice-acting skit (if possible) and we'll be doing it in Japanese, but since there's people out there doesn't totally understand/master Japanese, we would like to provide a subtitle (kinda) to them. We planned to use something like a slide show (using Microsoft PowerPoint lol), but there's none stated in the rules/laws that we can use that: Only video or audio clips. So if I'm going to provide a sub, do I really need to submit a video clip instead?And I wonder if we can do multiple performance during that 15 minutes PX (Like, a skit and a singing or something like that)Thanks for your time =3
~AKA Rei

#20 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hey there!That's a very good question that I have absolutely no answer to...Well not really, and to answer your question, while powerpoint slides are er..usable, we would prefer if you used video instead. Problem with Powerpoint slides is that there is a chance that something bad might happen like the presentation going out of fullscreen mode and totally ruining your performance.There's also the issue of audio (like your voiceovers) not being properly synchronized with the subtitles. Now this, even with video may be a very big issue, unless you guys are going to pre-record the voice, and even then, there's still the issue of your skit being synchronized with the voice AND subtitles.But these are just my thoughts, and it would be great if you guys manage to pull it off. Your best bet would be to create a video with voice and subtitles sync'd together, and to coordinate your performance around the video. Good luck with your plans, and I do look forward to your participation! (that is, if the slots haven't been filled in yet. 8D)

#21 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

GOOOOOOOOODDDDDD DAAAAAAAYYYY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!Good to see that you guys are all gung ho about wanting to performing at Comic Fiesta this year, but I have some bad news for those who have yet to submit their registration forms.We have reached our quota of performers, and with the power vested in me by cups of tea in the morning (geddit?), I am sad to announce that we have now CLOSED registrations for stage performances this year.To those who have yet to receive a reply from me (probably just one or two of you guys), expect a confirmation e-mail from me tonight, but otherwise, if you have yet to submit your forms, I'm sorry to say but you guys have missed out. Don't worry however, as there is still next year to look forward to!Detailed slots will be e-mailed to all participants once we have confirmed the general timetable of the event. Which should be...oh I don't know..later this month or early next month hopefully.Anyhow, thanks again for participating, and we look forward to seeing your performances at Comic Fiesta this year. :)

#22 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

Alrighty, will be waiting for your mail :)

#23 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Posted ImageYou are now updated on why there is a slight delay in the release of the schedule. (Don't worry, it'll be out sometime this weekend.)I sure hope so.And before I forget;Satan666: Yes, I got your name change request, and it's fine, better than the previous request, as I'd probably need time shifting capabilities to fit you in for that.KameYuki: Schedule will be out when it's out, which (I hope) shouldn't be too long away. If it makes you guys feel any better, the schedule for Saturday is almost more or less done, and all that's left is to sort out the ones on Sunday, so yeah.

#24 KameYuki

KameYuki

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

o.o, LOLS! Okay :) Thanks yuecchi for your hard work :D xD
かめゆき♥おんがく       

#25 satan666

satan666

KNS Student

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3386 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

lol...thanks yuecchi for the hard work...i know i am being a pest >.> but since i don't really understand what u say there, i am in Sunday. time TBA. correct me if i am wrong.but just to know another important thing...how big is the stage? can i assume it is the same as CF09?

The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create. Leonard I. Sweet

#26 keroron

keroron

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

hi, i sent you another email, just checking if you got it? afraid it's gone into your spam folder again like the last one haha.

#27 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Sent out an e-mail to all the performers. Please understand that if your forms came in later than the closing date, we weren't able to afford you a slot as we're already maxed out as it is. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but with the wealth of activities we have in store for you, we're sure that you would enjoy the event all the same.Those who have yet to submit their audio clips would be advised to do so by next week latest.

#28 satan666

satan666

KNS Student

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3386 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

hi yuecchi, thanks so much for the email. i liek. can i give u a kiss?anyway, just to confirm another thing. how big is the stage? can i assume it be like CF09? or bigger? or smaller? i wanna estimate the no. of people being on stage at a time ^^b

#29 sakurazuka

sakurazuka

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:24 AM

Yuecchi, I have sent two emails containing my 3 audio tracks, pls check them, if there's anything pls email me. If you receive my email, inform me as well ya~

#30 KameYuki

KameYuki

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Yuecchi, I've sent my audio already, have you received it?
かめゆき♥おんがく