Photo

CF 2010 Cosplay Competition! (SOLO IS UP!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

thx u ray ray for helping us answer questions. >_<

#2 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

[quote name='"Migryl"][quote="ChibiNeko"][quote="Migryl"]ChibiNeko>> Ano... may i ask for the preliminary round since u guys stated "each cosplayer is given TWO (2) minutes to perform ANYTHING they want"' date=' then mean we can provide our own skit audio/mp3(as background music) for our performance during the registration right?[/quote']Hi Migryl, yes you may perform anything you want but we'll be setting the music. We can't accept any audio files from contestants or else we'd have at least 60 tracks to sort out and that will cause lots of delays. Hope you understand the problem =3[/quote]O_0 Then mean we can't do any skit/performance that prepare by our own audio/music lo is that true? That mean we need to do our skit on-the-spot without audio (except CF PA-music) ka?[/quote]That's the gist of it :3 You'll have to go up there allll by yourself armed with a mic, a table and a chair(must request using the registration form I might add) to be abused for your performance.

#3 emololipop

emololipop

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

hey chibineko~sorry to bother u..can i know mostly the solo competition will be on day 1 or day 2?
Posted Image

#4 Rayray0211

Rayray0211

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

emo>if group is on day 1....solo is on day 2......
Finding my Tokito-neko...have anybody see him wandered around??Team Himitsu~~XD~BANZAI~~~~Posted ImagePosted Image>cosplay<>deviantArt<>blogspot<

#5 emololipop

emololipop

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

rayray--->alright~thank you =)
Posted Image

#6 Rokschan

Rokschan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

It's finally here!!! Sorry this is up so late, a few people were asking about it so I kicked myself and double kicked our dear President to have this up As soon as possible so that you peeps have sufficient time to prepare =D***IMPORTANT REMINDER***Take note that we won't be accepting any recording (.mp3) that's lower than 192kbps and please bring along a copy of your performance recording during the competition day itself.Registration form can be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire...askclhyr58yxqo6Any questions, you may comment here or email cf.cosplay@gmail.com

What does it mean that we have to bring along a copy of our performance recording during the competition day itself? Is it means that we have to video record our performance on stage that day itself and then burn into cd before give it to comittee member? Or did we have to video record somewhere else before the competition day itself?
If you can't beat them, join them...

#7 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

To Radical Dreamers, your phrase and item is up! =D

#8 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

Sorry for the late reply!

question here ^^1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.Does that mean the costumes and props are to be sewn by the cosplayers or is it possible to order from a tailor and still participate? Thanks

Dear idouji, yes you may prepare your costume in any way you wish.

SOrry >.< Just want to reconfirm as I asked two question in one. So, we can get our costume tailor-made and still be able to participate right?
Posted ImageSignature by iDouji. (RIPPERS BE HATED)

#9 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Wen>> There will be no OTP this year. The Solo Category details will be released in mid-October.

#10 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

It's finally here!!! Sorry this is up so late, a few people were asking about it so I kicked myself and double kicked our dear President to have this up As soon as possible so that you peeps have sufficient time to prepare =DGeneral Rules & Regulations [spoiler=Part I: General Rules & Regulations]Part I: General Rules & Regulations1. The cosplay competition is open to everyone, regardless of nationality.2. Please ensure that the information that you have provided is clear and concise The Committee holds the prerogative to disqualify any participant who does not present proper reference character names (eg spelling or terms) for our qualifying round.3. Please do not show up only partially clothed and/or nude. Anyone who does so will not be allowed access into the event hall. Contact the committee member shall you have any inquiries regarding the state of exposure of your costume.4. Please do not use any obscenities, foul languages and rude hand signs in the event hall. Remember, rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength. Poses that require extreme bodily contacts that suggest sexual behaviors is a strictly not allowed, including any kind of sexual fetishes related poses.5. Prizes will be forfeited should the winner not present him/herself at the time of presentation, performance and/or prize giving. No appeals will be entertained.6. The Comic Fiesta Committee's decision is final, no appeals will be entertained.7. Photographers are not allowed to stalk or take unethical shots of any cosplayers. Photo shooting is strictly not allowed in the washrooms/changing rooms. Kindly, ask permission from cosplayers before taking their pictures.8. Cosplayers have the right to refuse any photo shoot request made by photographers. If a photographer insists on taking your picture without permission, please shove him/her away politely or head towards to any working CF Committee nearby. Cosplayers are free to leave the scene after their picture has been taken.9. Comic Fiesta may tape or photograph cosplayers at its discretion. Entry into Comic Fiesta event hall is an agreement by the contestants to allow Comic Fiesta to use their likeness/image, etc in any current/future advertisement, promotion or product.10. Photography of any sort is prohibited at the Artist Booth area.If you wish to photograph a cosplayer who happens to be in the artist area, kindly ask them to step outside to the corridor before taking their picture.11. Cosplayers and other visitors are not allowed to use the stage without permission even when there are no activities taking place on the stage. The Comic Fiesta committee holds the right to remove anyone from the stage and event hall if they should not follow this rule.12. Cosplay at your own risk. Comic Fiesta will not be responsible for any loss or damage that happens outside the event area.13. Cosplayers agree by entrance into event hall, have read and understand all contents of rules & regulations set by Comic Fiesta Committee. All cosplayers will be subjected to all the rules & regulations and thereby liable for any action taken against cosplayers if they decide not to adhere to the rules & regulations.[/spoiler][spoiler=Part II: Cosplay Props Regulations]Part II: Cosplay Props RegulationsDisclaimer: The Comic Fiesta Committee holds no responsibility towards the preparation and/or actions made by the cosplayers throughout the competition.1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.2. Comic Fiesta will not discourage the use of any materials for the crafting of props. However, cosplayers are reminded that the handling of props must be done responsibly with the utmost caution.3. No volatile/explosive/toxic/radioactive/reactive/corrosive/easily flammable substances are allowed. Our attendees are not to be experimented on.4. The usage of non-solid props (e.g. Fake blood) and other mess-inducing objects (e.g. confetti) are highly unadvisable. The Comic Fiesta Committee reserves the right to make the cosplayers clean up after their act (literally).5. The responsibility of all replicas/props and anything done with it is to be held by the owner(s) themselves. The Comic Fiesta Committee will not be held responsibile towards anything as a result of individual carelessness.6. Any replicas/props found to be handled irresponsibly and/or deemed dangerous by our security personel will be confiscated. Ignorance is no excuse. Items which are confiscated will be returned after the event.7. The Comic Fiesta Committee reserves the right to withdraw the rights of participation should anyone be found to break any of the aforementioned rules & regulations.[/spoiler][spoiler=Part III: Changing Rooms & Washrooms]Part III: Changing Rooms & Washrooms1.Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to enter the changing room or washrooms of the opposite gender.2. Please clean up after using the washrooms. Please keep the changing rooms/washrooms clean by not leaving behind any make-ups, wig parts, accessories, food wrappers/packages, water bottles and props in the changing rooms/washrooms.3. Vandalism, messing up the changing rooms/washrooms is highly intolerable, those who are responsible will have to clean/repair the washrooms/changing rooms.4. Be a considerate person, please do not hog the washrooms unless if you are needed for assistance by other cosplayers.5. There are mirrors provided for cosplayers and the changing rooms. Please use it with caution and be careful of your own safety. Kindly share and take turn using them. You may bring your own mirror but please ensure that your mirror is kept properly.6. Do not leave your properties in the changing rooms/washrooms. Comic Fiesta Committee will not be responsible for any loss of items. You are advice to guard your own properties or have your trusted friends to look over your properties shall there be a need for you to leave it behind.7. Any lost/found items may be reported to Comic Fiesta Committee during or after the event. Comic Fiesta Committee will help post the list of lost/found items in the forum to help retrieve/return such items. However, please be noted that Comic Fiesta Committee is not responsible for your lost items and only does so in goodwill and may not be held responsible for your loss.[/spoiler]----------Cosplay Competition Rules & Regulations (Group Category) CLOSED[spoiler=]1) Comic Fiesta group cosplay competition will he held on Day 1 of the event. Groups are required to fill up the registration forms with the details of their group members and register online by emailing the forms and reference pictures to cf.cosplay@gmail.com2) The competition is limited to the first 10 groups who send in their group details to us via email. Each group must consist of not less than 2 cosplayers and not more than 10 cosplayers.3) Upon registration, each group will be assigned with an item and a phrase which will form the main theme for their performance.4) Each performance must not exceed 5 minutes.5) Closing date for Group Cosplay Competition Registration is on the 21st of November 2010 or when the quota of 10 groups is reached. Each group is required to prerecord their performance in MP3 format and email it to cf.cosplay@gmail.com before the deadline 5th of December 2010.6) A representative of each group is required to register at the cosplay registration booth on Day 1 of Comic Fiesta to confirm attendance. Group contestants are also required to burn a CD containing the audio file for the performance and submit it to the cosplay registration personnel when they register.7) Please label the CD with the groupâ??s name, series name and also name and contact number of the group leader.Judging criteria for group cosplay competition:Character portrayal = 40 %Costumes = 30%Staying faithful to the original series = 20%Creativity and teamwork = 10 %Time of the competition to be confirmed soon =)***IMPORTANT REMINDER***Take note that we won't be accepting any recording (.mp3) that's lower than 192kbps and please bring along a copy of your performance recording during the competition day itself.[/spoiler][spoiler=Team List]List of teams Slot 01. Spanks & Whips Phrase: "I have Spider-Pig hidden in the basement!" Item: Tin CanSlot 02. POFFIN Phrase: "I can has cheeseburger?" Item: Fruits BasketSlot 03. Kuroba Phrase: "You're doing it wrong!!" Item: BananaSlot 04. The Dinasti pahlawan Phrase: "This sword is now DIAMONDS!!!!!" Item: Toilet paperSlot 05. Final Fantasy Phrase: "Best spoiler ever, EVERYBODY DIES!!" Item: Frog (can be in any form except the real thing XP eg: plushie or cut out cardboard)Slot 06. Mariodes Phrase: "The pipe's leaking!" Item: Gold StarSlot 07. Team Mercenaries Phrase: "They're after my tortillas!" Item: Garbage bagSlot 08. Team Checkmate Phrase: "Today I met a chicken name Nugget" Item: HandphoneSlot 09. Radical Dreamers Phrase: I'm the master of Latin dance! Item: Blue braceletSlot 10. Blade & Soul Phrase: I'm a peacock, man. You gotta let me fly!!! Item: Newspaper[/spoiler]----------Cosplay Competition Rules & Regulations (Solo Category)[spoiler=]Cosplay Competition Solo DetailsRULES AND REGULATIONS+ The solo cosplay competition will take place on Sunday, 19th Dec 2010 and is opened to the first sixty (60) first come first serve basis.+ Registration is ON-SPOT ONLY. Any forms sent before the aforementioned date will be promptly deleted.+ General cosplay rules & regulations apply. If you don't know what there are *points up*+ Cosplayers are required to be in full costume upon registration. Cosplayers are not allowed to send a representative to register on their behalves. Registration ends at 12.00pm.+ Participants are also required to attach a clear coloured reference picture of your character (front and back,full view if possible) along with the registration form. Failure to provide a clear coloured reference picture of your character will result in a deduction of points.+ Requests for equipment (including microphones, chairs/tables) must be indicated in the registration form.+ Each cosplayer will be given a tag upon registration. Please make sure the tag can clearly be seen at all times. Cosplayers who lose their tags are automatically disqualified from the competition.+ Contestants may not enlist extra help from helpers for the solo competition (We call it "solo" for a reason =P).+ Contestants may not interact with the emcees/judges during their time on stage.Preliminary roundFormat: For the preliminary round, each cosplayer is given TWO (2) minutes to perform ANYTHING they want.*Judging criteria for solo cosplay competition:Accuracy and Quality of Costume = 20%Character portrayal = 20%Creativity = 10%--- TEN (10) finalists will then be chosen to proceed in the finals ---Forms can be downloaded from: HERE!Update: forms have been adjusted. In the Misc area, you may circle, underline or bold the items that you need.[/spoiler]Any questions, you may comment here or email cf.cosplay@gmail.com

#11 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

question here ^^1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.Does that mean the costumes and props are to be sewn by the cosplayers or is it possible to order from a tailor and still participate? Thanks :)

#12 thefifthletter

thefifthletter

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

question here ^^1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.Does that mean the costumes and props are to be sewn by the cosplayers or is it possible to order from a tailor and still participate? Thanks :)

No you can't participate if you order from tailor. You need to sew it yourself, everything yourself. Homemade props and costume only allowed.
Scour your fucked up brain, srsly.

#13 Kaz-Kazuaki

Kaz-Kazuaki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

Can i still cosplay without participating any competition?
harem....http://kaz-kazuaki.deviantart.com/

#14 silvennia

silvennia

The Lurking Daydreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

Yes, why not? There's a lot of cosplayers who cosplay without participating in competitions :) It's just your choice if you want to participate or not in the first place as a cosplayer

*~*~Always believe in yourself~*~*

[T] @silvennia [IG] @silvennia [B] www.silvennia.com 

#15 AkikoWolf

AkikoWolf

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

[quote name='"ChibiNeko"]3) Upon registration' date=' each group will be assigned with an item and a phrase which will form the main theme for their performance.[/quote']if i register under group category on (example) 30sept, does "upon registeration" means 30sept onwards, and not 18dec (the event day itself)? so would the procedure be something like the below?1. submit group form and photos [before 21nov]2. receive assigned item and phrase [before 21nov]3. submit prerecord performance mp3 [before 5dec]4. register group attendance on event day [on 18dec]

#16 herbdonald

herbdonald

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hi there ChibiNeko,This will be our 1st Comic Fiesta event and reading this competition thing, is this the only event you have or is there going to be a performance form or can a group perform. I am asking this because, i am team leader for FightSaber and are a performing arts group doing Star Wars lightsaber and martial arts, we were formerly known as SEJA group in Singapore and i was just wondering, do we need to sign up for this?Before i go into more details, what i want to know is, can we perform on stage with our own music instead of joining this "Competition" and just do a performance instead of signing up for this. We do not want to dance around or sew our own uniform just for this when we already spend more than 5k ordering our movie prop costume overseas.Revert back, thank you.

#17 orderoftheblackeagle

orderoftheblackeagle

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

OH NOES. We have to create our own line of makeup, false eyelashes and contact lenses?! This is a catastrophe!
I AM DISAPPOINT.

#18 emololipop

emololipop

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

wait..i still dont get it..sorry to botherabout idouji's question and answer about everything must be our handmade..is this REALLY TRUE?!
Posted Image

#19 thefifthletter

thefifthletter

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

wait..i still dont get it..sorry to botherabout idouji's question and answer about everything must be our handmade..is this REALLY TRUE?!

Yeap. It's true. But, you're not going for competition are you? So why bother? :? Still, if you wanna join the comp, you MUST, I repeat MUST do all your cosplay stuff by yourself. ;)

#20 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

[quote name='"herbdonald"]Before i go into more details' date=' what i want to know is, can we perform on stage with our own music instead of joining this "Competition" and just do a performance instead of signing up for this. [/quote']Hi herbdonaldYou're looking at Stage Performance rather than Cosplay Competition. That's separate from the competition. I'll pm you further about this. RegardsNaoko

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#21 orderoftheblackeagle

orderoftheblackeagle

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Yeap. It's true. But, you're not going for competition are you? So why bother? :? Still, if you wanna join the comp, you MUST, I repeat MUST do all your cosplay stuff by yourself. ;)

SACRILEGE. Even boots?! And wigs?! But I have absolutely no idea how to fabricate a wig, what trouble I'm in!
I AM DISAPPOINT.

#22 emololipop

emololipop

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

thefifthletter--->i AM going to join~ =) but i would like to have more detail about this since is my first time~really sorry about that..so~do u mind~telling~ can we at least where platform boots and other wigs that is not hand made = =lll because i dont make them =A=lllps.i know is a stupid question..but i really dont get it = =
Posted Image

#23 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

SACRILEGE. Even boots?! And wigs?! But I have absolutely no idea how to fabricate a wig, what trouble I'm in!

...I will take this as sarcasm. but I'll reply for the sake of playing along. Not. It may be misphrase. What he/she meant was your costume and prop must be fully self-made. Not store-bought or tailored.

#24 thefifthletter

thefifthletter

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

thefifthletter--->i AM going to join~ =) but i would like to have more detail about this since is my first time~really sorry about that..so~do u mind~telling~ can we at least where platform boots and other wigs that is not hand made = =lll because i dont make them =A=lllps.i know is a stupid question..but i really dont get it = =

As what stated by orderoftheblackeagle, certain part of the costume, which you can't make it, you can buy/order it. If you can make it, like costume and props, you have to make it yourself. It has to be handmade. As for the boots and wigs, unless you're rich enough to own a factory, you can make it yourself then. 8-) I don't think CF Committee itself can actually make it themselves. ;)

#25 emololipop

emololipop

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

fifthletter--->alright~got it ^^ and thank you very much =) lolz~i cant even order any costume from the internet..low fund~i only can sew them myself~ =D anyway~dear CF com..= =lllthe forms..is it..only for group?
Posted Image

#26 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

MOD HAT + COMM HAT: OFFThefifthletter: Actually, I do know of people who didn't just make their own costume and props from scratch, but their boots too. It's definitely doable. :3

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#27 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

Boots cover I presume?*OOT*Back to topic : seconding emololipop's question. groups only?

#28 Sukina Toriyama

Sukina Toriyama

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

I think they mean instead of them having to spoonfeed you guys, you should prepare everything in advance la. Like get your props ready, get your makeup ready, do everything on your own! Don't last minute go to the cosplay dept and ask, "OMG I FORGOT MY EYELASH GLUE, CAN I BORROW YOURS PLEASE?"-_-" Really spoonfeeding you kids.

#29 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:49 AM

Sorry for the late reply!

question here ^^1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.Does that mean the costumes and props are to be sewn by the cosplayers or is it possible to order from a tailor and still participate? Thanks

Dear idouji, yes you may prepare your costume in any way you wish.

Dear Kaz-Kazuaki, yes you may just like how any other Cosplay competition works.

if i register under group category on (example) 30sept, does "upon registeration" means 30sept onwards, and not 18dec (the event day itself)? so would the procedure be something like the below?1. submit group form and photos [before 21nov]2. receive assigned item and phrase [before 21nov]3. submit prerecord performance mp3 [before 5dec]4. register group attendance on event day [on 18dec]

Dear akiko.wolf, the whole procedure is basically correct except that you'll receive the theme one week after your form submission (through email). So the faster you submit, the earlier you'll receive your challenge and you'll have more time to prepare you skit! =D

Hi there ChibiNeko,This will be our 1st Comic Fiesta event and reading this competition thing, is this the only event you have or is there going to be a performance form or can a group perform. I am asking this because, i am team leader for FightSaber and are a performing arts group doing Star Wars lightsaber and martial arts, we were formerly known as SEJA group in Singapore and i was just wondering, do we need to sign up for this?Before i go into more details, what i want to know is, can we perform on stage with our own music instead of joining this "Competition" and just do a performance instead of signing up for this. We do not want to dance around or sew our own uniform just for this when we already spend more than 5k ordering our movie prop costume overseas.Revert back, thank you.

Hi Herdonald! As Naoko has mentioned, you would want to contact the Stage Department instead on this matter.

Boots cover I presume?*OOT*Back to topic : seconding emololipop's question. groups only?

Hi idouji, as mentioned in the headline and the form, it is for groups only. The solo format will be out in the next 1-2 weeks. Thanks!

#30 Rayray0211

Rayray0211

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

*waiting for the solo cosplay competition R&R and form to be release*
Finding my Tokito-neko...have anybody see him wandered around??Team Himitsu~~XD~BANZAI~~~~Posted ImagePosted Image>cosplay<>deviantArt<>blogspot<