Photo

CF 2010 Cosplay Competition! (SOLO IS UP!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#31 Mika-chan

Mika-chan

Treasurer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 1071 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Sorry for the late reply!

question here ^^1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be prepared by the cosplayers themselves.Does that mean the costumes and props are to be sewn by the cosplayers or is it possible to order from a tailor and still participate? Thanks

Dear idouji, yes you may prepare your costume in any way you wish.

SOrry >.< Just want to reconfirm as I asked two question in one. So, we can get our costume tailor-made and still be able to participate right?

Yes, it means that you can:-a) Sew the costume yourselfb) Get a tailor to do itc) Order it onlined) Sew 1/3 of the costume on your own, get the tailor to sew another 1/3, get your relative to sew the last 1/3.And ANY OTHER way you may want to.I hope this makes it clear now. When ChibiNeko means 'you may prepare your costume whatever way you want', she means it. Prepare it ANYWAY you wish.There has not been any problems with other events with the same cosplay competition rules and regulations. I cannot understand why these questions are appearing now.

#32 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

troll detected
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#33 WeN

WeN

Old Spammer of CF Forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12410 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

erm..i hate to say this but i agree on freelancer over there >.

Touhou_Mix.jpgTouhou is mai lover/waifu ^^

Cosplay Plan:Sig1.pnghttp://wen4896.blogspot.com / www.facebook.com/helperwen 

#34 WeN

WeN

Old Spammer of CF Forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12410 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

chibineko>> ohh i see. Thanks i will wait for solo to come out ^^

Touhou_Mix.jpgTouhou is mai lover/waifu ^^

Cosplay Plan:Sig1.pnghttp://wen4896.blogspot.com / www.facebook.com/helperwen 

#35 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

It's finally here!!! Sorry this is up so late, a few people were asking about it so I kicked myself and double kicked our dear President to have this up As soon as possible so that you peeps have sufficient time to prepare =D***IMPORTANT REMINDER***Take note that we won't be accepting any recording (.mp3) that's lower than 192kbps and please bring along a copy of your performance recording during the competition day itself.Registration form can be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire...askclhyr58yxqo6Any questions, you may comment here or email cf.cosplay@gmail.com

What does it mean that we have to bring along a copy of our performance recording during the competition day itself? Is it means that we have to video record our performance on stage that day itself and then burn into cd before give it to comittee member? Or did we have to video record somewhere else before the competition day itself?

Hi Rokschan, actually we meant the audio recording that you will be using on the competition day. You can choose to pre-record the audio or use the mics for the competition.

#36 herbdonald

herbdonald

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hello ChibiNeko,I already contacted Naoko regarding it, she will come back to me once preparations are complete. Keep me and us informed regarding this.Thank you.

#37 Fishii

Fishii

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

No singing contest this year ?

#38 flame13th

flame13th

Time Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yay! Supposedly people that don't have time to sew or made the things can't join.Wait, having your mother sew the costume for you is still consider as tailor made? Or yourself being a tailor sew the costume is considered as tailor made?Thank you for clearing that up.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful."

tmurd8ii4.png

#39 altintop

altintop

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Yay! Supposedly people that don't have time to sew or made the things can't join.Wait, having your mother sew the costume for you is still consider as tailor made? Or yourself being a tailor sew the costume is considered as tailor made?

HAHAHAHA~!Btw, the rules seems to be weird in some ways, I bet this is a troll. >_<''
Ore wa GUNDAM!

#40 Sukina Toriyama

Sukina Toriyama

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

... Altin, no, it's not a troll, it's just flame13 not reading. I think the mods meant that you have to prepare everything for your PERFORMANCE on your own. Wanna tailor, make your own, buy your costume from somewhere else DOESN'T matter la. You just need to make sure that everything has been prepared that's all. Sheesh even after Mika posted also you cannot read. -_-"

#41 thefifthletter

thefifthletter

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

Kids nowadays really lurrvvveeee spoonfeed eh? ;) Why don't all of you open your eyes "big big" before posting some random question. Do your own reasoning first before bluntly post. :| I know you liek to gain post count, but do in healthy way pl0x. :mrgreen: PS: Pardon my engrish.
Scour your fucked up brain, srsly.

#42 princelingcat

princelingcat

ʘ‿ʘ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

[quote name='"Sukina Toriyama"]... Altin' date=' no, it's not a troll, it's just flame13 not reading. [/quote']more like flame13 is being sarcastic.

syn @ facebook | tumblr | dA
warning: unexpected use of sarcasm may occur.

#43 Mika-chan

Mika-chan

Treasurer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 1071 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

This is an announcement thread. Troll further and your posts will be deleted.Yes you trolls have a pretty lame way of increasing your own post counts too ^^

#44 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Updated the thread with the team list. ONLY 4 MORE SLOTS LEFT PEOPLE!!!! =D

#45 Nightress

Nightress

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:57 AM

Dear Committee,i'm dropping by to inform that i did a submission of reg form & character infos of my group to your email on Saturday. i really hope it went through. Thank you so much in advance. i really hope we'll make it as one of the final four groups available~ =D
+ The Duchess is here + Facebook +Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Nightress> received your form =DUpdate: announced the phrases and themes for some of the groups!!

#47 Vinca

Vinca

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hello there~! I've registered the form on behalf of my Final Fantasy group last Tuesday. Any news about it? Where can I check it?

#48 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hi Vinca, please check the main page under the spoiler list

#49 Zend

Zend

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hey Cheebs, so the item must bring ourselves? or will be provided?
-If you wanna have a go, Have it Epic-

#50 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

the item must be prepared by cosplayers. =D

#51 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Yeap as Waninoko has mentioned, the items has to be prepared by the contestants which is why we're giving simple items =)

#52 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Wow such great response for the group competition this year. thank you guys \*o*/THERE'S ONE LAST SLOT LEFT! =D*starts polishing and adding more blings to the trophy*

#53 ix3Rukia

ix3Rukia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Dear committee,I'm going ar Erza scarlet from fairy tail . So can I wear this costume? Hope its not too revealing.http://images1.wikia... ... karuga.png
Posted Image
Click to visit my youtube for animations :)
Cosplay Plans 2012
1. Nurse akali - League of legend
2. Serge - Chrono Cross
3. Riven - League of legend
4. Ezreal - League of legend

#54 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Are you gonna cosplay that particular outfit? Because Erza's Ex-quip armor has a lot of variations.
Posted Image#emina @ irc.rizon.net - Enter at your own peril.

#55 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

We have reached the maximum of 10 groups! Thank you all for joining *O* keep stalking the thread for your phrases and themes kays! =Dix3Rukia>> Yes you may :3 Cosplay at your own risk though. Our security department can only deal with harassment that happens in the event hall. Don't forget to bring a jacket in case you get cold! =D

#56 ix3Rukia

ix3Rukia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

Yeah i'm gonna cosplay as that outfit.Because i read the rules stating no nudity , or if my costume 'shows skin' i should ask.Thanks a bunch :3
Posted Image
Click to visit my youtube for animations :)
Cosplay Plans 2012
1. Nurse akali - League of legend
2. Serge - Chrono Cross
3. Riven - League of legend
4. Ezreal - League of legend

#57 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

To Team Mercenaries and Team Checkmate, your phrases and item is up! -_- *flees*

#58 Fishii

Fishii

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

May I know how to sign in for the competition ?Where to get register form =w= ? New fish for cosplay~~~

#59 Rayray0211

Rayray0211

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

Fishi>for wat i see the group category for the competition is edi closed...and for the solo category not yet been released out...so u might need to wait for the committee to announce it and u'll know how to join the competition by then~
Finding my Tokito-neko...have anybody see him wandered around??Team Himitsu~~XD~BANZAI~~~~Posted ImagePosted Image>cosplay<>deviantArt<>blogspot<

#60 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Ok teams! All the phrases and items are up!Please note that your recording must be submitted by 5TH DECEMBER 2010. We won't be accepting any .mp3 that is lower than 192kbps.For those who have yet to submit their reference pictures and short description of their characters, please do it as soon as possible as there will be marks deducted for submissions without character description.