Photo

Comic Fiesta 2014 Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Comic Fiesta 2014 Official Feedback Thread (98 member(s) have cast votes)

How was your Comic Fiesta 2014 experience?

1. Really great (20 votes [20.41%])

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

2. Great (52 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

3. Meh (23 votes [23.47%])

Percentage of vote: 23.47%

4. Really Meh (3 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

Heya

Comic Fiesta 2014 is over :D

First of all, thanks for attending Comic Fiesta 2014 and we hope you guys had a blast during the event. I hope it was a great experience. If you faced difficulties during the event, we humbly apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Now that it's over, we would love to hear feedbacks from you regarding the event so that we can make the experience better for you in the future. So, what did you think about the event? Was it good? Was it bad? Were there lots of areas to improve? 

The event is far from perfect and it is our passion to ensure our event gets better over the years. List out the things you like, love, dislike or hate about Comic Fiesta 2014.

Again, many thanks for attending Comic Fiesta 2014 and see you awesome people again next year ^_^

• Amirul Iman Shahrul Azlan likes this
You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#2 monk-ed

monk-ed

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

Once again, I only went on Sunday. It was underwhelming for me this time.
I could see the basis for certain actions, but a negative experience nonetheless.

• Stage was moved to ballroom. I understand it is (in one way or another) a part of better crowd control. However, the number of attendants are always increasing, so the ballroom is always full. I like the ambience of the stage last year, though it might not bode well with the volume.
  • No booklet for me as I was late. Well, in a way, it translates to more people this year! I have a hard time getting around though.
  • Because of the above, I am not sure if photography in doujin booth is now allowed (or not), but there are quite a number of them, resulting in bad traffic.

I guess that is it, Comic Fiesta-wise. As for the crowd...

• Cosplayers, please take care of whatever appendages you have that are poking out (katana, props, etc). Quite a number were oblivious to the fact that these could injure the crowd, or break their own props. Tercucuk salah kang...
  • People, manners and patience, please. This really pissed me off. I was endlessly shoved around. At least apologize. I understand that there is a lot of people in here, but no need to push and shove.
  • I don't have a clue about the layout of the place, and yet I know where to enter and exit. Poster terpampang besar kat atas tulis exit \(T ^ T) wad. Volunteers are forced to continuously yell "This is not the exit, this is not the exit" at the entrance.

Blue Pasta
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2 INT: 3 SPI: 2
HP: 20

#3 galena83

galena83

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

HI CF comm,

Thanks for all the hard work. Attending since 2009, have seen it grow since then. I just have one suggestion, hope you guys can consider having a big screen in the arrival/waiting/ticketing area that broadcasts live public events from the upstairs stage. Many of us had difficulty reaching the stage due to the crowd. For me it was my fragile costume....I'm sure attendees don't mind sitting on the floor in front of it, like they did for the LOL screen in hall 5 this year.

Here's wishing you all a good year ahead

• monk-ed and Idzrafil like this

#4 ernn_laties

ernn_laties

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

I can't critique because I was too tired and sleepy at day 1.

and at day 1 and day 2 I didn't dare to leave my booth due to some problems with my friend, that I can't let my items for her to handle, or she'll get overflood things to remember.

so I just stay at my booth.

to me, the event was good :D well since I'm at premium booth, the aircon was good, even though people are overflowing. yes, I hate hot in a full packed room.

but this is OK.

the only problem I saw is the human traffic. haw haw... soo many human, that made some kind of traffic jam here and there.

but it's a very big event. so I can't give any constructive ideas or critiques how to make it better.

I don't know why, some of my friends aren't able to get information of where is the meet and greet, and other events. which I think its at the ballroom. but I'm not sure, because I didn't check, because I don't planned to go there.

but to me, the event was good, I have fun in there :)

thankyou CF for this CF2014

• monk-ed likes this

#5 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

XD

As usual gonna give my feedbacks before I start to forget. Disclaimer here since speaking as one of the crew (Sales) as well as loyal supporter. Plus some other feedbacks people relay to me... just because I'm part of crew. ^^;;

1. First thing first.... I LOVE THE NEW FLOOR PLAN ON TICKETING HALL TO MANAGE THE QUEUE. It was marvelous. I wanna cry. Can we keep it? Please?
  2. Great idea to put stage in Ballroom area and from the vids, stage really looked nice. Pity didn't get to go in. And a suggestion, (thought about this during the event), perhaps next time we should implement some sort of traffic control system to allow many people to get a chance to see the stage. I mean, aside from contestants and performers; set a time limit for any visitors to stay at the stage area (before having to leave) to allow other people a chance to get in from the halls on level 1. Because how to allow other ppl to see the stage if the people already present at the stage area refused to leave/go elsewhere? I'm okay with the system to control the traffic to Level 3 yet if no one from upstairs go down, then those people waiting in line would have waited in vain.
  3. I been petitioning this for many years actually (haha), can we start planning something like a live telecast/feed of the stage area to allow people that can't go to stage area able to see things happening at the stage? But then have to also allocate some space to allow people to camp and watch the feed without blocking people. Yeah, I know logistically, trying to achieve that can be tricky. So alternatively, can CF at least arrange to have some of the stage events/special event slots (besides the concert) be recorded and uploaded online? Then probably people won't be so bitter for missing a lot of the slots.
  4. Lately been seeing complaints about people not liking the doujin booths. (The blasphemy!) In that line.... can we increase the doujin booths area? More the better, as well as giving more priority to doujin groups to get their slots, instead of booths selling button badges and keychains.
  5. That aside, can a rule be implemented to not allow NSFW artwork be put on display? I mean, if booth owners wanna sell they can... but if it's possible, don't allow them to show it openly? Or set an area in the Doujin booth area to group similar booths together? Like a NSFW corner?
  6. Oh! On the Changing Room area, can we have some Felynes standing guard for both the Male and Female dressing rooms? Because I had some people telling me after event saying that there are people entering the wrong gendered dressing rooms and using it for taking pictures/do photoshoot. And there was a time I even caught some people entering the changing rooms with their camera ready as if about to go on a photo-taking spree. I didn't stop them because I assumed they were just holding their cameras and needed to go change in the room, but then I hear these other stuff.
  7. I was curious about the St. John booth... particularly the one in Ticketing Hall. Do they have a set shift or something? Since the whole kiosk didn't have a window and only point of entry was that one door... it's hard to tell if there was anyone inside. And the whole thing was so claustrophobic. And often I had people coming to the Ticket booth saying that no one was inside, as there were some accidents/injuries.

That's all I have, off my head. 

That aside.... Kudos all CF crew! And take care of health cos I know post event we're all gonna start getting sick or sicker left right.

• monk-ed likes this

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#6 Domo ★

Domo ★

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

i think we need a bigger venue that's all (especially the stage) and uh... osu or wangan midnight tournament (」゚ロ゚)」

• monk-ed and shoualis like this

Facebook: fb.com/mikuorzx
Twitter & Instagram: @leethengxian
Steam & Skype: SpartanKilljoy
MFC: Kaitodesu
Culture Japan: Kaito_Curry_Raisu
WMMT4:LTX

#7 zed

zed

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I don't really mind the Comic Fiesta event itself, it was great! But can I just complained about KLCC food? its costy and terrible. YES I SAID IT, THE FOOD TERRIBLE WITH EXPENSIVE PRICE! They (KLCC management) wont allowed outside food and ask to buy from the inside instead which is terrible and expensive. My brother told me that the kitchen so big that you can do 100m sprint exercise inside it and THEY CANT EVEN DO A DECENT FOOD?! I mean c'mon, what is the chef doing? why this terrible food exist inside KLCC management? Im ok if its expensive, at least make it a decent food. The sandwich is slimy as like its was yesterday sandwich, the meehun goreng is like RM1 meehun goreng from pasar malam even meehun pasar malam was better LOL. The drink is understandable if they pricey.

That's all I want to say. Everything in Comic Fiesta is great and i kinda enjoy it.

https://www.facebook...bpDesign?ref=hl Selling anime t-shirt!

#8 nexvik

nexvik

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Please do keep an open mind and forgive me if it is too harsh.

Can't remember most of my critiques since the admin deleted my post but here's the summary that should be improved in the next event if there's any:

1. Better crowd control would be helpful since everyone in there felt like they're a pack of sardines in a can.

2. Putting the LoL event stage towards the end instead of the entrance. Why focus visitors only at the entrance when the other booths are near the end? Wouldn't that be better for visitors to view ALL the booths better this way?)

3. Honest staffs or volunteers. Most of them during my experience were not helpful by saying that the passageway towards the ballroom area is full whereas it wasn't. I don't find it helpful that the moment I came down to buy some drinks only to return that the passageway or entrance is then prohibited. Who would know that the entrance is going to be blocked 10 minutes later? The least they could do is to announce anyone who are within the area that it is going to be blocked.

4. Ensuring a better pathway for cosplayers. With the assumption that CF committee has more experience in ACG management, wouldn't it be weird that there isn't a safe passageway for cosplayers to carry around their props? Its well known that the waiting area is where most photographers will be located so with the limited amount of exits, cosplayers are FORCED to push their way out through the only exit which is located right towards the end.

So far those are the important critiques that I could think off from the tip of the tongue and hopefully with their expertise in ACG management there should be some improvements in the next event.

Thank you.

• monk-ed and Dragontail like this
Doesn't matter how far apart we are... The bonds we made will remain strong. Everyones' heart is connected to the people they know and trust. As long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it... Right?

#9 monk-ed

monk-ed

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

...we should implement some sort of traffic control system to allow many people to get a chance to see the stage. ... set a time limit for any visitors to stay at the stage area (before having to leave) to allow other people a chance to get in from the halls on level 1.

Seconded, but unless staff actually do something, I doubt people would leave voluntarily.
Time limit is not exactly a good yardstick. Some may come in early or late.
If you go by, say, batches, some might complain that they got in for Stage Show 1, but had wanted to stay for Stage Show 2 as well.

...Firstly, there were not many booths available, and most of them are only selling small souvenirs such as badges and keychains. Previous CF were big and have loads of other goodies for sale such as katanas and figurines.

Sorry, I have a differing opinion. There was Good Smile and Culture Japan. Katanas are aplenty.
DVDs buy 1 free 4, mousepads, pillows, cups, posters, figurines. Doujin booth had a lot, lot more doujin manga.
You can't expect simple doujin booths to sell "heavy" stuff like katana and figurine,
but that is what the larger booths are doing. I see all this in 5+ hours, on Sunday alone.

...They (KLCC management) wont allowed outside food and ask to buy from the inside instead which is terrible and expensive.

You know Malaysia is famous for littering :D
Even after banning outside food and providing proper trash bins, people still throw papers on floor. Imagine it with food.
Props to all the cleaners that day for patrolling and keeping the area clean.

Blue Pasta

#10 Oat Mil

Oat Mil

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

personally the only part that could be improve is having a one way traffic zone (Example: the sides of the hall must always be one way only and the middle is to go to the opposite direction maybe that way people can get to the places they want more comfortably and those who are shopping at the stores wont be pushed around by the people walking behind them

As for the concert hall i was really happy with this years sound system as compared to 2013. Yet it would be nice if the audio console area would be place at the back of the ballroom instead of at the middle and furthermore maybe get a separate room to those who would like to participate in the game competition. well just my opinion

#11 scratchcat

scratchcat

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Massive crowd this year but really appreciate that we dont have to wait long under the sun/rain as the ticket flow was directed through hall 5 to 6. Suggestions i would like to offer:

1. Move LoL to end of hall 1.
2. Have a screen to project activities in ballroom since not everyone could enter. I missed the cosplay invitational cz i couldnt enter :(
3. Coffytiam signing sessions could go to the opposite side of the hall (instead of near the hall 1 exit.) It was blocking traffic especially during signings of famous guests.
4. Have at least one more exit+entry point. Having to walk the entire length upon exiting is really tiring esp for cosplayers in armours/uncomfortable shoes @_@. Also, being unable to reenter hall 1 from the ballroom is inconvenient.

Overall, enjoyed myself a lot despite the crowd at CF this year. Big thanks for inviting Hachiouji-P, please invite him back again next year!

P.S. i know of some people (non-volunteers/committees) who took a few 'Moderator' passes without permission (it was lying around and nobody claimed it) and misused it to skip queues+go to restricted areas. Perhaps having a simple name sticker on the passes in the future might help counter this matter?
  • Dragontail likes this
Cosplay plans for 2012:
Iwasawa Masami (Angel Beats!)
Tainaka Ritsu (K-On!!)
Hatsune Miku (Love is War, Haruma High Drop)

#12 RawRicco

RawRicco

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi,
I'm not sure who to feedback about this so i decide to write it in here, hope some one can read this...

Feedback for both or maybe the first day

• The re-entry long queue problem<Consider fixed at 2nd day, so is OK>
  • In event hall got quite some volunteers, i'm not sure they do what as your priority request or not.Now the problem is, some people need to take rest after they have a few hours walk or stand,so some are sitting beside the corridor between Hall 3 and Hall 2, and i heard some volunteers tell them to move along can stay there...in that case, where shall we take rest? At the park while raining? Even if we go to a crowded place Suria KLCC, there is no guarantee we can have a place to rest. I'm sorry i have no idea the solution is, cause i'm no manager, but i am one of the guest in there...
  • Cause of the place tooooooo damn crowded, is it possible to have some volunteer to do some traffic at some spot? Of course, in this case i agreed some coser and photographer are blocking the way.
  • Waiting hall has become Cosplay Photo shooting places... i don't mind the location however i do mind about, too small, how do we suppose to get a better photo-shooting at that crowded place? While the one who take photos are away the COSER about... 0.5m away?
  • Your STAGES are too freaking small for fitting in the huge amount of people....the stage is full while we want to get in...For this i have an idea, you can take reference, however i'm not sure others can accept this way or not. EVENT ENTERING TICKET and STAGE ENTERING TICKET are sold separately, or maybe COMBO ticket, but still i do hope the grand ballroom can be bigger than this time.
  • IF possible, rather is exhibitors or CF provide a line for a queue of Coffytiam's special guest event...
  • In some cases, you all can use the hall facility to tell us when is the event start...
  • On the first day, a speaker try to tell us that the CF event is going to start, however, a bunch of people can't heard it, i know that guy is very loud, but guest at the back still can't heard clearly...

I didn't go to the HajiOuji live on stage that day, cause of the stage is full, no worry, i didn't frustrated cause i am tired of the way to get out and get in with crowded....
So i hope next time you can manage the event better, aim to get better score than AFA.

• nexvik likes this

#13 Dragontail

Dragontail

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

comic fiesta was awesome at the first day. but the second day was horrible, like in a chaos! :wacko: 1. i dont mind congested lines as it is always the middle lanes only so i can use the other lanes but i think you guys should space out the booths in an area a little bit. 2. Can you guys add more usable elevators (or stairs, etc..) so that more people can enter the ballroom(stage)? because on the second day i couldnt go up eventhough i've been lining up in front for 45 minutes! or maybe you guys should utilize the escalators. escalators are really better. 3. and whats up with the super long "cow barn"- like entrance queue?? i mean yeah its a good way for the queues to not get the rain and sun outside but why must you guys still use it when there are no queues. a lot of us have been walking for hours and cannot even want to go out because the people at the exit dont allow us to come back in! even if you wanted to avoid congestion at the exit there are so many ways to let people in! the hall has so many doors so just make another exit. if people just came out and want to come in back from the exit is because like what i said about the "cow barn" -like entrance, ITS TOO LONG! 4. people have been tired and just want to go up to the stage but seen the long queue so they are forced to enter back. i mean seriously.WHY IS the STAGE CONSIDERED OUT OF THE BUILDING? THEN IS THE STAGE EVENTS NOT FOR COMIC FIESTA? WHY CANT WE JUST ENTER IN THE BUILDING?? WHY IS THE EXIT IN THE BUILDING??  5. Lastly, why are the signings done in the crowd? this is just minor but cant you guys like put the upstairs like where the line creators market was done? it just crowds the place worse! (and can the events be more punctual? waiting around not doing anything is boring)  6. can you guys put the LOL event at the back because its quite noisy and making too much jam in the front(basically everything that makes a lot of noise and crowd should be at the back or away from the walking lanes) 

so im sorry that im complaining too much but its because i love comic fiesta and the event this year was awesome and i just think that everyone deserves to enjoy their time here in Comic fiesta. i just want to say this for the good of comic fiesta so that we could even be equally good like the other ACG conventions. there were ways you guys were funny, cool and awesome the whole time i've been here and i know this year you guys improved a lot from what i've heard from the people who've been going for the previous years :) Improve more and you guys can do it, im sure ;D btw, I WANT GLOWSTICKS TOO!! love you comic fiesta!!  :heart:

#14 hellcove

hellcove

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Okay, where do I begin? Let's me just say it was meh if experience for me this year.
Let's start with the good part:
- Content was good. A lot of good doujins this year plus the stage activity was fun and entertaining.
- I like the idea of the stage area being separated. Didn't like the placement but only like the idea.
- You invite another VocaloidP DJ for your closing day. I might be biased, but let just say... GJ!

Now the bad part :
- Crowd control. Jesus,you guys getting worser every year.I get the intent of the system but I don't get why early bird ticket holder and those who already bought them need to went through that long March just to get in back. This is not Comiket. You guys don't have that valuable of a content for us to line up for. And on first day exit. If people want to exit, don't force them to walk all the way to the stage area. Thanks KLCC management for common sense. Yes, I saw it. While a volunteer CF keep on saying please exit at the end of the hallway, a KLCC staff opened the exit door after Hall 1for shortcut.
- LoL stage. I believe LoL fan appreciate this event but I believe it one of the main cause of the human traffic as it was placed in the middle of the hall, which make people stop to see. Furthermore,I think they are holding Their OWN event there. A big stage somemore. Somehow felt a bit like they are competing against you, in your own event. I guess they are your major sponsor huh?
- signing session. GOD, which bright mind think put signing session in the middle of a crowded hall is a good idea? You going to make things worse. Haven't you learnt anything from last year? Oh and the voucher thing? I understand the intent but most of us were not informed beforehand. Which brought me to the fourth complaint
- Information were not related efficiently to the attendees. Saying that you already put it up on FB, which usually a day before event is not good. I understand you want to be secret secret, but you not politician lah. People pay to go your event okay, be clear of what your content is and what has changed. Volunteers and crews and Felynes need to be proactive in relaying info in professional manner, not sarcastically. Oh and as an early bird who came a bit late, I didn't get any bag or booklet. So was in at fault despite already bought early bird because I don't want to queue early in the morning? Then tell me that early so I wouldn't buy it.
- early bird tix is useless. Despite the fact that you don't have to queue to buy tix, you are treated the same in term if queuing.
- the ticketing hall is a waste of space. Maybe it could serve as cosplay exhibit place rather than the Hall 5.
- Stage schedule. Can't help but notice your schedules are tightly packed even with subsequent different activities. I suggest there should be breaktime after each activities so both the audience and you can prepare beforehand.
-Security. Yes I know. You should not be liable to the carelessness of your audience. But the responsibility will fall under your management to make the place safe and secure for your audience. If you can't do it, outsource.

I think that is all for now. On a happy note, congrats on getting more audience this year. Hope with the increase in number will make.you.motivated to work better next year.
Have a good rest and Happy New Year in advance.
  • Hexlord and nexvik like this
Posted Image

Calling all Vocaloid Fan! Join the M.V.P
Malaysia Vocaloid Party http://www.facebook....196013283770644

Spoiler

#15 Mitsukai

Mitsukai

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

I think the LoL "booth" was totally at the wrong spot. When people come into the hall they can hardly move forwards because a lot of people are looking at the game/advertisements and block the hallway. This makes the hallway insanely crowded and really hard to walk through.

I would suggest putting them at either ends of the halls so people don't have to wade through a huge crowd to go to another hall.

Also, maybe you can put a "One way only" sign above the "doors" so the volunteers don't have to keep on chasing people and telling them you can't go this way.

• Hexlord likes this

#16 monk-ed

monk-ed

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

To those who propose multiple entrances and exits, allow me to present an argument to the idea.

1. CF has to check if you have the ticket when you enter. Having a point working as both exit and entrance is not likely. There is only so many volunteers that could observe the hundreds and thousands, and verify who actually has the ticket.

2. Multiple dedicated entrances and exits is nice, only if people actually understand that an entrance is an entrance, vice versa.

Don't let people trying to go in the opposite direction? The same complains we have here again.
    Let people trying to go in the opposite direction? Others would start doing the same, back to point 1.

3. Its hard to point out where would make "a great point for another entrance/exit". What's convenient on hall 1, might not be for people in hall 4.

Pretty slippery slope. Implementing the system is easy, getting people to follow it is not. :)

• Izumi Ishtar likes this
Blue Pasta

#17 P3aNutZ

P3aNutZ

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Been to Comic Fiesta since 2012  - 2014 (both days for all 3 years) 

I can see the gradual improvement regarding traffic control  

2012 : Used about 2 halls just for queue to get the ticket.  
2013 : Started utilizing the big "car park" like area to get the ticket.
2014 : Similar to last year, but a clearer cut between the "early - bird ticket holder" and the "non - ticket holder" is made.  (the line for 2013 was quite messy)

Kudos for the improvement on this aspect of the event ! 

Aspect well done for CF 2014
- Awesome guest list this year (I especially liked Hachioji - p, it was AWESOME)

- The MC is awesome and hilarious (It has always been awesome, KEEP IT UP !! )
- Volunteers and staffs seems more well informed this year ~ (Last year ... they were confused on where the "early bird" queue should be)

- Stage and Sound system this year is amazing !  (Can be further improved, see below) 

Aspect that can be improved 

- Food ....

I feel the cafe' is always like a wasted potential space where passionate fans could use the place to serve something awesome like "ghibli inspired food" or "pokemon inspired food" ~~ but i guess this is up to the KLCC management. (Just want to voice my opinion) 

- Control the promoting event of booths.  

For example, there was this booth for some app and they require you to stand there and download the app to complete the assignment, this could potentially make the attendee wait there for 5 ~ 10 mins just to download the app. This will cause the place to be jam packed with people just standing around. Besides that, the maple story booth mascot is wearing HUGE costume .... I understand that this is for promotional purpose, but there were too many huge mushroom walking around making human flow even worse. 
Booths that require you to register an account or like some page on facebook is okay, since it doesn't require much time. 

- Booth

There was this one exhibitor/ booth which is surrounded by 4 walls and always accompanied by a long queue with people holding a basket ..... I had no idea what was even inside ~~  
Maybe next year can set a ground rule where the exhibitor/ booth aren't allowed to set up walls to surround the premise so people can at least see what is inside the booth ? 

- Entrance / Exit 
Maybe set up more than 1 entrance / exit  ~~ It is quite a pain to walk all the way out to meet a friend and walk all the way back in to find friends or re-enter the halls. 

- Bootleg products

Perhaps this has only bothered the minority of us ....

But I honestly think we should do away with all of the bootleg products ~ especially the CDs, DVDs and Figurines. This event should be about supporting the industry and all of these bootleg animes and stuff aren't helping the industry at all, I understand that it is almost impossible to have access to authentic anime CDs / DVDs in malaysia, but that doesn't mean we should support the bootleg ...... This will only get worse if it is not dealt with soon.  

There are a lot of people who think that buying a "Kill la Kill" anime box set with the "Original" sticker means they are supporting the studio responsible for the anime when in actuality ..... the money goes into a totally unrelated company. 

- Security / lost & found 

I heard and felt that the people who fell victim to pickpockets and theft of property is the highest this year. This isn't a totally new issue, but with the amount of guest increasing, these cases will increase as well.  

Maybe next year, can set up a lost and found section? (If it already exist this year .... I'm sorry, but I never noticed it at all) Besides that, please use the prepared "beware of pickpocket announcement sound" instead of having someone yelling it out ..... It made me nervous when there is someone yelling at the top of their voice saying "BE CAREFUL OF YOUR PROPERTY" (In a pretty angry manner as well)  

- Stage

As i said, the stage this year is amazing, it is in a very comfortable environment, many people can sit down and relax (Assuming nothing big is going on). However, please let us utilize the escalator to get into the stage ..... and the space could be further increased if the DJ of the stage is moved towards the back instead of the center. And the game competition ... maybe it can be organized at some other place?

- Signing session 

Whats up with the coupon to get a signature? I'll be more accepting of this fact if it was informed early on instead of during the signing session. I understand the point of this system but i think a first come first serve basis would have worked better ... it would have been more worth it to wait one hour in line for the autograph compared to "buying" the autograph  

Suggestions for stuff that can be added in Comic Fiesta. 

- Create a line or twitter account or anything of that sort, so people can get real time update on what is going on before / during / after the event. This could double as a place to announce lost and found, emergency announcement, or general announcement such as " The queue of meet and greet with XXXX has started, please proceed to hall X now. " 

- Create a locker room or storage area 

Use a particular store room or something as a storage area for attendees to store their belongings for a price. ( RM 5 for 2 hour) or something like that. This can reduce incident of theft and reduce burden of cosplayers.

- Open up areas such as the ticketing queue area as the day proceeds on to allow more content 

I understand this could be a pain but it serves many function

For example, the event such as taking pics with cosplayers and signing session could be held at the ticketing queue area, since at that time, that place is empty anyways. This can shift some of the crowd towards that area and improve human flow. 

-Confusion .... 

As an early bird ticket holder for two years, I always fail to get the handbook on day 1 .... Maybe a "Newbie section" can be added to allow people to get started there to get the handbook and stuff and doubles as a place for first time con go-ers to understand how things work around the place. 

As the event gets bigger and bigger, it gets more overwhelming for the new comers ~~ 

As always ~~ STAY AWESOME COMIC FIESTA ! 
GOOD WORK FOR ALL THOSE WHO WORKED HARD TO ACCOMPLISH THIS !! =D

• PhantomX006 likes this

#18 Michiyo-san

Michiyo-san

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

This is my first year to CF and I don't think it's really great but not too bad either .

The exit and entrance are really too far and some crews are really bad manners,one of the guy who is a crew took a megaphone and yelled infront of my ears few times,no joke,and my ears are not really those good ears which means I can't bear with those loud voice or else I'll get really stressed sometimes or I've once not sure what happened but ear was bleeded(that was a long time ago).And I think I'm kinda cheated by Coffy Tiam(I know it's not your fault),I would not mine to queue up few times to get few autograph but I didn't know and I bought over RM100+ just got an autograph and the security guards re really rude too,they push you away meanwhile you're walking outside abit slower beause you're handling your phone /w\

Some crews are funny enough,when we are out of the ballroom,they asked us to ONLY use lift,after few minutes they said DO NOT use th lift,use escalators /w\

I think they need to be bit by bit improvement o it ,that's just my opinion of course,what I'm most unhappy is the guy with megaphone

#19 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Things that i like bout CF2014

- doujin booths well positioned and lined. I can browse with ease

- ticketing had improved but mistakes bound to happen as the crowd grows like wild daisies 

- believe it or not. Crowd control had improved compared to previous years

- positioning of most booths and commercial booths

- ballroom for stage events. Neat!

- elevators and escalators limited which means less unwanted trespassers.

- stage is well equipped with advanced lost technology of the future. A great improvement compared to previous years.

Things that i don't like about CF2014

- Ballroom too small imho.

- LOL can gtfo to a further place where it is not your main entrance. Traffic went stuck.

- this major big anime merchandise booth annoys me as their layout take up space and sells bootleg. Though CF can't control what they sell but its annoying imho that it takes way too much space. Then again they are rich so they can take up the space. ngeh, i still dont like you lulz

- I AM LOST. Like serious. Though i have a tag but im still lost lol. need tad more signage to guide people like me.

suggestions 

- provide more signage.

- try to hire more volunteers. Though this is hard but you guys really need it.

- provide big big signage for cosplayers to remind them of their etiquette. ie STOP LITTERING. PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES or YOUR BELONGINGS ARE AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY etc etc because seems that cosplayers these days are getting very spoiled and self entitled.

- provide big big signage for PHOTOGRAPHERS/CON GOERS to DO NOT take pictures of cosplayers without their permission or when they are not read. etc etc and no upskirts you friggin perverts. I've seen a number of con goers doing that.

- maybe get some security help like balai bergerak or something that may help.

PERSONAL OPINIONS.

- i have many things that i want to say that would directly or indirectly spark arguments. Espeically cosplayers today that are either being rude, self entitled and spoiled to the max.

- cosplayers you DO NOT cut and style your wig at the event hall or toilets and not pick up after yourselves. be a responsible adult or child or teenager whatever you are. You parents did not raise you to be pigs.

- many of you are complaining nobody to check on your own belongings. You are the owner of your stuff you should be responsible with your stuff. You have no one else to blame if it goes missing if you leave it at one corner unattended and go shoot etc etc.

- CF is making money. Maybe. I don't know but that doesn't mean that they are earning themselves. Without the money you don't get your special guests or the event hall booked even. The event hall is NOT CHEAP. Especially with lightings, man power, systems etc etc. So stop thinking that CF officials are kaya raya ok. I'm not in the comm but organizing an event THAT size isn't easy.

end of rant and post event feedback.

maybe/

may add more when things come to mind 

• Izumi Ishtar, monk-ed, nexvik and 1 other like this
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#20 nexvik

nexvik

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Things that i like bout CF2014

- doujin booths well positioned and lined. I can browse with ease

- ticketing had improved but mistakes bound to happen as the crowd grows like wild daisies 

- believe it or not. Crowd control had improved compared to previous years

- positioning of most booths and commercial booths

- ballroom for stage events. Neat!

- elevators and escalators limited which means less unwanted trespassers.

- stage is well equipped with advanced lost technology of the future. A great improvement compared to previous years.

Things that i don't like about CF2014

- Ballroom too small imho.

- LOL can gtfo to a further place where it is not your main entrance. Traffic went stuck.

- this major big anime merchandise booth annoys me as their layout take up space and sells bootleg. Though CF can't control what they sell but its annoying imho that it takes way too much space. Then again they are rich so they can take up the space. ngeh, i still dont like you lulz

- I AM LOST. Like serious. Though i have a tag but im still lost lol. need tad more signage to guide people like me.

suggestions 

- provide more signage.

- try to hire more volunteers. Though this is hard but you guys really need it.

- provide big big signage for cosplayers to remind them of their etiquette. ie STOP LITTERING. PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES or YOUR BELONGINGS ARE AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY etc etc because seems that cosplayers these days are getting very spoiled and self entitled.

- provide big big signage for PHOTOGRAPHERS/CON GOERS to DO NOT take pictures of cosplayers without their permission or when they are not read. etc etc and no upskirts you friggin perverts. I've seen a number of con goers doing that.

- maybe get some security help like balai bergerak or something that may help.

PERSONAL OPINIONS.

- i have many things that i want to say that would directly or indirectly spark arguments. Espeically cosplayers today that are either being rude, self entitled and spoiled to the max.

- cosplayers you DO NOT cut and style your wig at the event hall or toilets and not pick up after yourselves. be a responsible adult or child or teenager whatever you are. You parents did not raise you to be pigs.

- many of you are complaining nobody to check on your own belongings. You are the owner of your stuff you should be responsible with your stuff. You have no one else to blame if it goes missing if you leave it at one corner unattended and go shoot etc etc.

- CF is making money. Maybe. I don't know but that doesn't mean that they are earning themselves. Without the money you don't get your special guests or the event hall booked even. The event hall is NOT CHEAP. Especially with lightings, man power, systems etc etc. So stop thinking that CF officials are kaya raya ok. I'm not in the comm but organizing an event THAT size isn't easy.

end of rant and post event feedback.

maybe/

may add more when things come to mind 

I like your style bro

• FripSide likes this
Doesn't matter how far apart we are... The bonds we made will remain strong. Everyones' heart is connected to the people they know and trust. As long as it's a purpose you believe in, there will always be someone who can help you fulfill it... Right?

#21 FripSide

FripSide

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've to say this year CF was a blast and has some improvement BUT!there are something that are not meant to be changed so it's not a really good idea to change it and also i think this year CF visitors should be a alot more but as i see it some of the people rather give up going on CF this year just because theres not many nice event going on there for example Anime Song Artist like May'n etc etc.Now here's my little opinion and suggestion plus a little complain about CF.

1.It may good idea for moving the stage to the ballroom BUT! some people might be lazy to go up hence theres not really much people going to the stage area at ballroom while it does reduce crowds but in my opinion u guys should not move to stage to the ballroom but instead move the LoL Tournament stage to the ballroom cuz putting LoL stage at the Hall 3 will result great traffic jam as the entrance are near at the LoL stage and people comes from that entrance

2.Why bother set up the Creative Factor at the Panel Room? As i see it most of the people are having hard time standing around as there are not places to sit and some of them can't enter cuz the room is full, I suggest that Creative Factor should be held at the stage so that way more people can enjoy it and theres more places to sit around and ofcourse that could result another great traffic jam so to prevent that make a space that are far abit from the booths section like example: Hall 1 all booths <---(space)--->Stage

3.Now this is about games,it has been the same as the last few years like Marvel vs Capcom,Pokemon Tournament and again more Street Fighter basically it's just a same event activities over and over again but actually u guys can do better like changing the whole thing to Online games tournament like SD Gundam Online,Getamped 2,Rumble Fighter,Dragon Nest Online,Phantasy Star Online 2,Avatar Star online,S4 League or games like Call of Duty etc etc either way just 1 or 2 Online or Shooting games are better than nothing so that way the event activities will be less boring and will be more enjoyable

4.Ok next is about Booth with free games to play activities like Love Live Booth i suggest if theres any booth with free games to play activities on the next CF event, They should move it to the Ballroom oh btw make the Ballroom as a room with Game activities or mix with some activities but most importantly make that room as Games activities room cuz putting the free games to play activities near at the booth will result a great traffic jam again as people standing around that the booth watching and others might find it hard to walk around cuz theres traffic jam at there.

5.Ok it seems that many nice artist are at the Highlights event but really is that all?some hoping for atleast a 1 anime song artist to appear at CF like last 3 years 2011 Ceui and Shimokawa Mikuni,2012 Bless4 and 2013 LOVERIN TAMBURIN but no and not even a single 1 anime song artist appear at CF hence some people rather give up going to the event cuz it's abit of a let down,Not to be rude but is it because of money problem? from the way i see it u guys have good budget since many people going to the event and u guys should get a lot of money to get atleast 1 anime song artist if not is it because hard to get 1 anime song artist? if that's it then ok nvm then.Anyway u guys should get atleast 1 anime song artist so CF will have more visitors and more Hype at the same time.

6.Also why bother changing the queue place? it's not like it'll be any difference? last year queue entrance are better than this year queue entrance.

Posted Image

#22 juzadude

juzadude

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

Suggestions:
-Introduce a live footage for the people down at the halls who couldn't get into the main stage, should you continue with the main stage being in the ballroom. I missed quite a few events going on in there.

-Place the LoL stage at the end of Hall 1( where the Main Stage was last year). And introduce a separate lane for entering the LoL stage (which is still accessible to people from the other halls). OR place it in one of the ballrooms as well ( I do know a number of people who bought CF tix JUST to see LoL event, so they don't actually bother with the attractions much). It's a real bottleneck this year.

-On nearly the end of Day 2, it was raining AND there were a lot of people queuing up outside to enter the lifts. Please prepare a contingency plan in case it rains. I saw a lot of complains, especially from the cosplayers. Might I suggest, canopies?

-The place for the DJ's in the ballroom could be placed further to the back of the hall. That way, less people will be blocked by it.

-More volunteers controlling the traffic in the hall. Too damn packed + get shoved around all the time. Pimp them with megaphones.

-Make 2 entry+exits so that people don't have to walk a long way.

-Update your page with real-time news. That way, people will know where to go and what to do.

-Space your main stage events schedule a bit. Hardly any time for breaks during Day 2. I don't suppose you expect the fans to start choosing and crossing off the events that they can attend, huh?

That's all for now. Will update if I happen to think of anything else.

#23 michin

michin

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

First of all, thank you for making this awesome event this year!

I had a lot of fun going to CF every year so does this year. Still, in my opinion, there are still a lot of things that aren't quite good enough and I hope that you can change it or improve it next year.

Things that you should change or improve:

• The entrance - I bought the early bid ticket, hoping that I could go in earlier, but the reality is a big NO. The queue is so long and it isn't moving fast at all.
  • The LOL booth and Premium booths - The LOL booths shouldn't be put right after the people went into the hall. It is causing a traffic jam! Also, I hardly can move while I try to buy things at corner premium booths or even walk past by.
  • The exit - This has been a problem since the last few years and it was still a problem this year. People are tired from being squeezing around by the traffic just to get to the end of the halls!

Suggestion:

• The entrance - Make more lines for early bid ticket holders.
  • The LOL booth - Put at the end of the halls or at the exhibitors section.
  • The premium booths - Please make a way for people who wants to pass by only.
  • The exit - PLEASE add more exits!

Lastly, thank you for the volunteers that work hard trying make the event a sucess!

I am looking forward to next year and hope to see improvements! :)

#24 Belson0425

Belson0425

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

This was copied from my facebook post earlier today:

I've been reading a lot of complaints and criticisms on this page, and I have decided to provide some constructive feedback and some clarifications on some criticisms. Please note that I am not working for CF, I only present my comments from a guest perspective, and the feasibility of my suggestions may not be workable as it is subject to safety and contingency concerns.

First the pros:
The content and events are very exciting and quite unexpected for a local event. We get Hachiouji-P, Final Fantasy XV and many more great contents. Good work on providing the best content we can all enjoy since AFAMY. After AFAMY and knowing it was cancelled in Malaysia really drowned my hopes of meeting Japanese singers and events. But you guys have done a great job of providing a similar experience that brings us real Japanese ACG content all the way from Japan. Kudos on that.

Also, having stage events in another ballroom away from the traffic in the Halls are also great. It does separate the events from the noise and chaos that is happening downstairs. We visitors can truly enjoy the performance and immerse ourselves in the acts on stage.

With pros, there are certainly cons:
One of the main cons is the traffic control. There is a huge jam in almost everywhere, inside and outside the hall. I believe that the placement of booths and the LoL competition can be redesigned for better flow. I did notice that the LoL event was placed right smack in front of the entrance. This really obstructs the traffic and inflow of guests as the booth is huge and bottlenecks the entrance. I'd suggest that LoL competition to be placed in its own ballroom, or at the end of the hall, where the basic booths were placed so that that bulk can be placed right at the corner and not obstruct traffic inflow and outflow. The fans can also watch in peace without worrying about obstructing traffic while watching the live telecast at the sides of the stage. Also, having coffytiam and booths with celebrities signing activities right on the main paths almost paralyzed the traffic in that area. I'd suggest placing the Premium Artbooths, and coffytiam at the location where LoL was. Coffytiam can set up queue lines so that people can queue up in an orderly fashion (hopefully so) when they want to buy stuff or getting signatures. Aza Miyuko's and 0_0 booths should also be done in a similar fashion, and these booths should be placed at the corner, so that the middle and side area is clear. I do have an idea on how to improve the movement of traffic by setting the 3 main paths into one way lanes. 2 heading forward, and one lane going backwards. This can ease the flow of traffic as people won't have to squeeze through each other to get to where they want.

Also, the waiting area was filled with cosplayers and photogs with heavy equipment to the brim. I think that this was due to bad weather outside where photogs cant do shots anymore. But I think there should be a designated area that togs and cosers can do their job in peace and not obstruct traffic at the same time. But still, it was due to the weather, so its not expected that this would happen.

Lastly, and I guess this was a bummer, is the ballroom is too full and kind of ruins the expectations of many fans. But still, the first come first serve rule applies and by common sense we should be queueing early to get a spot. However, I think that the CF commitee can do a live telecast of the shows like how mamaks set up projectors of football matches somewhere in the hall so that everyone gets to enjoy. However, implementing this kind of telecasting will definitely cause a traffic jam in that particular area.

And now responding to criticisms:

1) My stuff got stolen and CF did not do anything to help!!! 
I believe common sense applies to this scenario. YOU are responsible for YOUR OWN ITEMS. Keep your valuables safe with you at all times. Thieves can appear in any location and who knows who they are? Nuff said.

2) CF 2014 is money greedy, let in so many people when there is no space. 
Now common sense can also apply here. If CF limits the number of attendees, how do you expect growth and expansion? Yes, the location is too packed but that was what we have right here in KL. Unless you go build a larger hall, this bottleneck will still ensue. All CF can do is expand to more ballrooms upstairs. But KLCC is not cheap to rent. And adding ballrooms will incur more costs to what was already expensive. Lighting, exhibition booths, tables, chairs, sound systems they all need money.

3) Felynes are not helpful and they know nothing. 
They are volunteers that did not take a single cent from the committee. And most of the were working day and night weeks before the event. They were already tired and still committed to provide the best events CF can offer to the ACG community in Malaysia. There is a booklet with every events, rules, and maps to help yourselves. So please study them before you end up asking stupid questions.

4) CF did not respond to my criticisms, they are cowards.
If you did not provide constructive feedback or just flakking for the sake of flakking, no one is obligated to respond. And with so many posts going around every single minute, I doubt that CF can track so many comments.

In conclusion:
Yes they need to improve. But looking back to past CFs, this is by far the best in terms of content and excitement. It is quite unprecedented that the crowd can be this much at one time. And it does make me feel a lot more at home when there are so many ACG lovers in our country. Everyone strives for lifelong improvement and I do hope CF can get better and better. However, change does not come from the organiser's side only, our attitude also need to change.

We need to obey the rules, and learn to be more considerate to the needs of other attendees. Try not to obstruct traffic on your own instance is way better to have felynes conducting the traffic. Keep you things safe. To make a great event it is everybody's responsibility. At least make the event more enjoyable for others by being more considerate on your own behalf.

Overall its an enjoyable experience. Thank you Comm and Felynes for working as hard as u can to provide the best ACG experience. However, I do hope that the problems of piracy can be curbed as we do not want to kill the industry when GSC is exhibiting with original goods, while 2 booths away someone is selling bootlegs at Nxzxmi and VXG

• Tenseisha, monk-ed and faizdanyal like this

#25 miku003

miku003

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Hi there are some problems I think that should be improve for next year:
- Entrance and Exit is too far away the location are very incovenient. Everyone has to walk through all the halls with crowds to exit. You should have make a one way in and one way out at every door.
- Cafe food is a totally NONO. Since the rule that says outside food is not allowed came out, is it that cafe site can take this opportunity to kill us with such high price by serving horrible food? If you come up with the statement such as go outside the hall and have your meal at other buildings foodcourt, imagine how far could it be and we cosplayers with big costume, how can we move to other place so easily and it as well causes some 'problem/issue' to public.
- Activities location is a good but bad at the same time. Some events like concert held in the ballroom is a YES(+1 to organiser) but LoL tournament is a big NO :( . How can you place such big tournament at the entrance hall? Sure you know that LoL is a high rate popularity game, definitely it will attract crowd. Eventually everyone is standing like trees or gathering up like mountains on the pathway, it causes serious traffic jam. No matter how much the tournament organiser sponsor so much or it is a popular game, it is still not suitable to be place at the entrance hall. I hope you will understand this.

For me that's all the problems I faced. I hope the problems stated above can be improved next year. Btw thanks for this great event ^^

#26 kimyen

kimyen

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

I am really happy because i attend CF for the first time . This event is very organized and neat . The only thing i want to complain is when i took photo with the guest cosplayer . Since there's a long queue waiting to take photo , i know you crews also are in rush state . BUT at least when you're about to snap , give us a signal . The crew that was taking my photo didn't give any signal . She just snap the photo and them call for the next person . The photo is blur and I am not ready yet . My eyes is still closing . I'm really furious at that time . Please , i know there's many people waiting , but at least give us a signal like 1 , 2 , cheese . I just wasted your 3-5 seconds . Please do take note because when next year CF come , i want to have a nice photo , not blur photo . This is the only thing i want to say . Thank you

#27 Raincloud

Raincloud

Veteran CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 901 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Comic Fiesta was great this year. I was stuck at the doujin booth most of the two days so I wont comment about the massive crowd some people had to battle to get in.

before that... I see alot of people complaining about making a second exit for 'convenience' but if they did that a large majority of the crowd would not even enter the doujin booth area WHICH IN CASE EVERYONE FORGOT HAPPENS TO BE THE MAIN POINT OF COMIC FIESTA.

Pros

- Pre-Event (Friday night) staff knew what they were doing and booth registration + setting up was pretty smooth. Previous years they keep directing me to the wrong counter to pick up my tags. The people handling doujin booth registration were also really polite and professional. +10 points to them and thanks for the hardwork.
- Space between the basic artbooths was wonderful. Most of the doujinkas had a lot of luggage but even so i believe everyone was able to get in and out of the booth quite easily.
- Stage away from booth area. At first I was a bit bitter about this because i wont be able to see anything thats going on on stage, but it turned out i really like this system. It made it easier to communicated with customers and i felt it improved the atmosphere around the doujin booth area.
- The 'no photography rule' at the doujin area was enforced quite well this year. Not only did (most) people stop taking close up images of the artists products and prints without buying them...but a few CF volunteers did try to usher away some photogs/cosplayers who were blocking the traffic flow at the booth area.
-Significantly less booths selling ONLY BADGES at this years event. \o/ . And the variety + quality of goods sold this year improved a lot.

Cons
- Why was the basic art booth so far away from the Premium art booths?T_T
- Bootleg products in large quantities. <__< .Why were there people selling pirated Nendroids 30 metres away from the Good Smile Company booth? And that one particular booth that sell various fanarts printed on badges , i assume without permission from the original artist.

- Seems a lot of people were lost and didn't receive the event map/booklet. My booth partly ended up becoming a make shift Info counter, loaning our copy of the event booklet to lost parents/visitors to check their location and the schedule and direct them to their destination.

Suggestions
- The cafe (??) was situated really far from the booths. Some doujinkas didnt have helpers with them so they could not leave their booths to get food and water. Its not necessary but if one day you guys are able to send someone to the doujin area to sell light snacks and mineral water..the doujinkas will appreciate it a lot.
- Dont put the exit BEFORE the doujin booth area. <__<
- A screen somwhere in the main hall showing the activities happening on stage would be nice. At least those who didnt manage to make it into the ballroom can still see something from outside

• monk-ed likes this
I'll be nicer if you'll be smarter. ^________^

#28 Oori

Oori

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Alright let's see what I have in mind. Since I'm working at an Exhibitor booth this year, so I can't relate to a lot of the complains/ feedbacks that's stated above.

1. I too agree that the photographers are making the entrance jam. I'm a photographer myself during other events, but it's really not a good idea to let us shoot, you know directly 10 meters after you enter the hall? Maybe letting them setup further away from the immediate entrance would help a little. 
  2. And yes, I agree that the LoL area is clogging up the area. You might want to make a absolute corridor for going through the halls (put up walls so there's no distraction), with another one that leads to the Lol area. Put a big road sign before the divider.

I think that's all that I find worth mentioning from me.

But aside from that, there are things that I liked.

1. Thanks to-whatever-that-can-replace-the-word-"god" you guys filtered the artist booths. I'm seeing more original comics/ books other than just badges and print. I can see there is a fairly balanced variety of products from the ranges of the booths.
  2. I like the one way entrance and exit, too bad it didn't work as well I thought too.

http://fb.com/ooriandacg/

Retired figure hunter.

#29 Gemini Hime

Gemini Hime

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Guys! Kudos to you for able to make a better queue with second day. I don't know what happened every year, the first day always messy. Especially for those that have early birds ticket. They paid for it early so can get a bit of an advantage but the result just poor!(not everyone is lucky enough to get those special passes okay). So why not next year just stick with it instead of making experiment which you know not gonna end well? Like people said "if it's not broken, don't bother fix it"

Now the flow inside, it amazed me when you guys can make people standing in line outside for more than 2km but to have a bad flow walkway inside? WE ALL DAMN KNOW that you guys gonna use any available space for booths and doujins. So it doesn't matter if the space is bigger or not next year, cos eventually you guys gonna use that extra space for something else. So my point here, why not conduct a better plan in that small walkway from hall 5 to hall 1? For the moment you guys make it 2 way so people can return back and forth which gonna make the traffic stuck in the middle of walkway. Organize a 1 way trip from hall 5-1 but with 2 or more exits.

Please be strict with so call pro protographers. They took huge amount of space inside the hall to get their pictures by those light wall reflectors. If they want to create a mini studio like that kindly ask for a booth at event. The same case for cosers bags and items. Cosplaying means you gonna bring a lot of bag for their item. So kindly make your staff work out with that so it won't disturb the walkway and people didn't accidentally step on it and get glare from someone who didn't know how to take a fucking care of their shits by laying it around the walkway.

Since the stage was upstairs with limitation, I would love it if you guys can put some big screen so the visitor that can't go in can watch what happened on the stage area. I was lucky that managed to enter staged area early. But due to that I unable to go out to enjoy other thing cos I'm not gonna be able to enter anymore if I left for awhile.

That all I can say, my trip dis year mainly for stage area cos I can't stand to be include in the group of sardine inside the hall.

#30 Mishh

Mishh

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

a lot of these has been noted by a lot of other replies but i wonder if another will help or not

i've been to CF every year on both days since 2011 and comic fiesta is a must-go event (its like the one main-est event in malaysia)

and the past years have a lot of cons but they always had their pros. like during 2013, the line is shit like i mean its worse than wanting to go home during 5pm on monorail it's that bad but you guys solved the problem. thumbs up for the improvement! i'm really really glad that the line problem was solved this year! spared my legs (this is the only year i don't have sprained ankles on the end of the day!!)

but, again, this year's CF had its unchanged cons, and i want to point them out.

-the crowd

it's suffocating. i enter one hall and had to go to the sidelines to situate out migraines its very very bad i mean rEALLY bad. it's caused by so many things and i'll spell every single one of them

-rich booths

sponsored ones like KDU and Dasein and VBG etc. those take a lot of space. i know they're a big income and they need the commercial space but screw commercials when rows of sardines are squeezing their way through. you guys should emphasize on the DJ booths more imo 

speaking of DJ booths why are the premium ones so far away from the normal ones? the premium to normal booths are cut off by the mini shopping center stores in the middle as i mentioned before ._. why? why???

-LoL event

really why is this even in the first freaking hall i don't even know if i can curse here but jesus christ what the hell are you guys thinking 

the LoL stage doesn't only stop the crowd from trying to proceed. it leaves only two narrow lines for people to cross. and that's not even the worse part people are yelling and stopping in the middle of the road when a highlight happens in the event. let's just say some people might have bumped into a crowd of hooting fans and said crowd wouldn't move until the highlight is over.

-utilize the barren 'hall 6'

which is the ticketing hall. other than the mornings when people are fighting over tickets the hall is practically empty. one thing for sure it's great for cosplayers because no one's there. why not move off the fences after peak hours are over and lend space for the crowd in the waiting hall in? the photo shooting in the waiting hall is ridiculous. ridiculous isn't even the right word. i wanted to see the artworks for the countdown but all of these photoshooting shit is blocking me 

why put them there in the first place then

jesus

-one entrance and one exit

iS IT SO FREAKING HARD TO OPEN UP A FEW MORE EXITS. IS IT? if it is i'm sorry but COME ON PEOPLE ARE SUFFOCATING DUE TO SARDINE FACTORY 

i think using a system where a 'doujin area' and 'merchandise area' exit/entrance would help but this is just a thought the planning i'm not v sure still

because people with 'omg i want to buy doujins only this event' has to go through a barrage of people queuing and fighting in hall  3 i think for the massive merchandise booths with the buy 1 free 4 CDs and crap

this results in broken ribs and broken legs

figuratively

-stage

i was looking forward to the stage performances. although moving the stage to level 3 ballroom is one of the greatest ideas ever but the thing is the complex situation of the escalator and the lift what don't let people use the lift? don't? just dont. please. that lift is going to crash and burn. just use the escalator. this situation (resulting in another hell line) is bullcrap which is why i didn't get to go to the stage at all and just went 'screw this' when i saw the line. iwasreallylookingforwardtoityouknow? sadtears

also a lot of friends were complaining about the small ballroom so there

-the story of the waiting hall and the changing rooms

ok first of all how dare you guys block the entrance to changing rooms. what the hell. i'm talking to all photographers and cosplayers responsible what the hell 

second of all changing rooms have genders painted on them respect pls dont take photos there i mean i was there changing my pants and boom people taking pictures with half naked people as cameos. u sure u want to share those pictures? half naked men/women in the background? i think not (unless you are a pervert. shame on you)

-day one 

day one had a messy line and i'm so glad day 2 wasn't as bad thank you

all the complaints are up there so far i can think of. kudos to the workers though. i was there really early and one of them offered candy to the others. great job. really funny too ;) i hope these people had a good time as well

CF peeps u guys did good this year and i hope u guys do better than this year's!! looking forward to CF2015!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users