Photo

How to OWN BJD/BE GOOD OWNER/TAKING CARE BJD? etc...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hera

Hera

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hello there ...Where can I buy a BJD in Malaysia ?The price is about how much ??I had been searching for a long long long time ==Even when I went to Japan I also hardly find these kind of shop..Some Japanese ppl dont even know what is it ><

You can't buy them in a physical shop as far as I can remember ^^. You'll have to go to the BJD seller's website to pre-order the sculpt you desire. You can easily find the list of doll makers here:http://www.denofange... ... DollmakersI hope this helps. ^^

#2 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

So here I am gonna share my 5 years experience to all new BJD owners here. You may posted your very own opinion and new discovery as well on how to take care of our this beloved "babies" as we all called them. I will post some tutorials here as well so let you all understand more on how to look after them. I received some PMs from forum members here asking me about owning dolls, like how to own and all. I will write what I know about it over here then we all could share our very own experience.Questions;What and when is ABJD a.k.a Asian Ball Jointed Jointed Dolls started?~ Ball jointed dolls are first started from Japan back in 1996 where Volks first created the SD10 4 sister. Later not long, the trends spread to the whole world and now almost affordable countries joined into this line. Country such as Korea, USA, China, Hong Kong and Singapore. Slowly now the trend spread to the entire Asia and some other countries that people would know about this beautiful hobbies and start to own them. Ball jointed dolls as we all know they are fully jointed with awesome posing ability to be like human. They usually base on human structure to be created and pose. They are totally customizable on their style, eyes, wigs, face, hands, legs, body etc... or even different make ups. They look more lively and more durable then porcelien. They are breakable items but for sure their material is harder then porcelien. they won't break into pieces but if you drop your dolls you might either find some scratches or chip. Ball Jointed made of what?~ They are made of Resin which make them much tougher and better quality then PVC figurines. How to own them?~ Order them through online either using your Credit Cards/Bank Transfer/Paypal. Or you can ask your friend to help you to order as well. Since MAlaysia here don't really have a true agent shop or legal dealer, we usually asked friend to help or choose bank trasnfer. Bank will require you to pay extra USD15 to 20 for the service charge, but if you are lucky, some bank they don't.How to take care of them?~ We usually clean our dolls once a month to ensure they are clean. We will un strung our dolls in to pieces and put the head piece on a safe side then rinse all the body parts into a warm water for some time with soap then scrub with a magic sponge. I will post a tutorial on washing here later along how to restrung them back.~ Some cloth might stain them as well. So don't be worry when you fine the clothes they are wearing stain them, just use the sponge and clean them off. If the stains kinda being stubborn to be removed, you may wet the sponge a little and wipe it.~ Make sure you don't drop your dolls that much, Cause if you drop them too much, they might crack or logically, they will break a part. Keep sweaty hands away from dolls as sometime our sweat can stain the dolls. If you find a stains on the dolls rub off with a magic sponge. Try to avoid touching the face if you had the custom make up done by the company so the make up won't be ruin and can be maintain for many years. My Shinku till now still having her default make up from DOD. :D~ Don't put them under the sun for sun bathing cause this will yellow the doll way much faster. Sun light will cause the resin turn yellow very fast, so avoid that. There was once I read a post in DOA, someone mention they kept their dolls inside the car boot for some hours and end up the dolls had some part melting. Since they are made of resin, try to keep them away from hot stuff or hot area. I mean don't put your dolls inside the car for few hours. Bag will be good for them cause you can always put them in your bag and carry them inside your bag. I always do that when I bring my kids to work or dollmeet. 8DIf you have more question about them do write it down here then we all can solve together.
Posted Image
Home: Shinku|ShinHwa|Adora|Shuya|Miya|Jung Hee|Kaito|Elios|Heiyi|Candy|Shimeji|Violet|Jung Min|Shiemi|Shieru|Xiao Yu|Miju|Tae Hyun|Raeka(coming soon)

#3 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:25 AM

NOTE NO SPOLIER!!!!Tutorial on how to wash....Posted ImageThe heads and bodies being separated Posted ImageSoak all the parts into a bucket that contain a little dish wash soap+warm water. Then scrub the parts with some magic sponges to remove the stubborn stains.Posted ImageAfter finish scrubbing, rinse them inside a bucket of cold waters to wash away the soap water and clean.Posted ImageArrange all the parts nicely on a carpet or a piece of cloth to let the parts dry. For faster way, you may use the fan to blow. DO NOT PUT THEM UNDER THE HOT SUN!!!! SUN LIGHT DAMAGE THE DOLLS!!!Now for re stringing partPosted ImagePRepare all the tools you need to put them back in piece. Tools:~ screw driver - to support and hold the stringing (never use pen cause might broke if the stringing is too hard)~ wire/re stringing tools/ribbons - to help you pull the string in the joints.~ A plier to help you pull the S hook~ of course the dolls string to join the doll backcontinue next post
Posted Image
Home: Shinku|ShinHwa|Adora|Shuya|Miya|Jung Hee|Kaito|Elios|Heiyi|Candy|Shimeji|Violet|Jung Min|Shiemi|Shieru|Xiao Yu|Miju|Tae Hyun|Raeka(coming soon)

#4 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

Posted ImageWe always start to join the hand first cause if you start with the body, you might had trouble joining the hands cause the body is blocking.Posted ImageThis is what the screwdriver do. To support on each side when you pull so the string won't head back inside the body.Posted Imagethere the hand part completePosted ImageFor body, tie a knot on the string that the stringing just long enough for the entire doll. (usually how u remove the string will be the exact way to put back :D) and use the big S hook that the doll had support on the neck there.Following the steps below!!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageLAst is to put the feet back.the dolls I had there are DOD old body. Most of the dolls restringing style are the same.Hope that helps you all...
Posted Image

#5 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

Question about doll size:!IF there's anything I stated wasn't correct, do let me know and I will make a change!For the doll size, here we had 80cm till the tinies around 10cm or even smaller. For basic size usually we all own or choose to have was SD17, SD13, SD10, MSD, YOSD or puki puki. SD17 - 70cmSD13 - 65cmSD10 - 55cmMSD - 45 or down to 41cmYOSD - 26cmPukiPuki - 11cmThere are dolls had in between sizes of MSD and YOSD which are 30cm. Hound sizes is 70cm and Dollmore sell their Dahlia is 80cm. The word of SD17, SD13,SD10, MSD or YOSD usually being used for Volks dolls. Their dolls product are being called as Super Dollfie. For in short for their dolls name is called SD or Mini Super Dollfie as in MSD. I forgot what's the full name of YOSD... >_
Posted Image

#6 Merrinette

Merrinette

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

yay for the tutorial!

#7 Fishii

Fishii

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hello there ...Where can I buy a BJD in Malaysia ?The price is about how much ??I had been searching for a long long long time ==Even when I went to Japan I also hardly find these kind of shop..Some Japanese ppl dont even know what is it ><

#8 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Heya,Well like Hera said, in Malaysia, there aren't a shop that sell BJDs for now. Mostly in country like Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, USA, China and some other countries will have. I think even in Thailand they have agents there too and they had 3 shops that sells BJDs items. In Japan, the shop that sells BJD is actually called Volks. Its located in a few location, like Hokaido, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and a few states in there. Their shops called Tenshi No Sato or you can look for Tenshi No Sumika. For us, we all actually ordered through internet from the company. You may check on the forums(Den of Angels) and search for the link. Depends which type of dolls you wanted to get, I can provide you a few links that I know and mostly people will go for it.For other owners, you may check on the BJD sites that I had here. Is not all the sites but a few sites that mostly people would purchase!Online BJD list;www.dreamofdoll.comwww.leekeworld.comwww.dollmore.comwww.eluts.comhttp://www.ibgdoll.com/en/http://dollsoom.com/soom/www.ainai.com/enwww.iplehouse.nethttp://dollfairyland.com/http://bluefairyint.com/index.phphttp://crobidolls.com/http://www.littlemonica.com/http://www.edendoll....roduct/DL004306http://ddollshop.com/http://www.ndoll.net...ist&cate_uid=56http://peakswoods.net/http://www.limhwa.com/index.htmlWell that's the list I had save down for now. For more you may ask question here or share more information you know.Thank you
Posted Image

#9 Fishii

Fishii

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Thanks alot~~~

#10 neko-alice

neko-alice

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

This is perfect! Thanks for the tip, saintaya-san. Eto,I want to ask. Where can I get face protection mask?
Self proclaimed title, Neko Queen. =w= Bow before meh.

#11 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

[quote name='"neko-alice"]This is perfect! Thanks for the tip' date=' saintaya-san. Eto,I want to ask. Where can I get face protection mask?[/quote']For face protection mask, I guess you had no choice but to order from the BJD sites. Luts got sell or even dollmore all... most sit will sell em.
Posted Image

#12 neko-alice

neko-alice

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

really? Thanks for the advice. ^w^

#13 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

New Updates for the tips... Quite some of you asked me what kind of materials suitable to do doll face up. For me, I pick p some stuff where we can find local here.Here's the item I used for my doll face upPosted ImageMr Super Clear Sealer UV cut flat, Varnish gloss, Mingyo soft pastel(non oil), lotsa brushes with different sizes, eraser, cotton bud, Watercolor pencil(faber castle/Derwent), My Color, Mr thinner, Mr Thinner leveling, magic sponge,, glitter and a gloves.Do prepare a face mask when you try to seal your doll make up as MSC is not really good for your health. Don't be like me. xD You may prepare human eyelashes to put on them. Please use PVA glue to stick it on. PVA won't damage doll and next time you wanna change the face up, it easily to be remove.Hope this help!
Posted Image

#14 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

Here's some sample I did for my friends and my own dolls...Clowx's boyPosted ImageMiyaPosted ImageVioletPosted ImageShimejiPosted ImageSnowangell88's boyPosted ImageThese are few latest samples.
Posted Image

#15 neko-alice

neko-alice

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Aya-san~ I want to ask, how to attach the head? I mean, do we attach the head and continue with the body first?Or we strung the body first and attach the head later?

#16 DeathByChocolate

DeathByChocolate

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

New Updates for the tips... Quite some of you asked me what kind of materials suitable to do doll face up. For me, I pick p some stuff where we can find local here.Here's the item I used for my doll face upPosted ImageMr Super Clear Sealer UV cut flat, Varnish gloss, Mingyo soft pastel(non oil), lotsa brushes with different sizes, eraser, cotton bud, Watercolor pencil(faber castle/Derwent), My Color, Mr thinner, Mr Thinner leveling, magic sponge,, glitter and a gloves.Do prepare a face mask when you try to seal your doll make up as MSC is not really good for your health. Don't be like me. xD You may prepare human eyelashes to put on them. Please use PVA glue to stick it on. PVA won't damage doll and next time you wanna change the face up, it easily to be remove.Hope this help!

where to buy Mr Super Clear Sealer UV cut flat, Varnish gloss, My Color, Mr thinner, Mr Thinner leveling, magic sponge? @,@ i dunno where to buy in KL >.<" is it must buy from website?

#17 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Neko Alice- Depends on which body you had. Mostly now, for your boy, you can always strung the body first then only attach the head last cause new body system. For old body like my DOC, I actually need to attach the head to the body then only can continue assemble other parts ok. For now all the new doll body really to easy to attach the head back. Don't worry for that... xDDeathbychocolate: For the materials you mentionMr Super Clear UV cut flat, Mr color, Mr Thinner, and My thinner leveling, all this can get from Time MAchine in Time Square. You can ask the lady boss there about it. For MAgic Sponge, I got all my sponges from Mr DIY, or Jusco Supermarket(sponge area). For Varnish, you can purchase on bookshops like vision art in Sunway, or Venus Art in KL? I forgot the name of the shop! XD
Posted Image

#18 neko-alice

neko-alice

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Reviving this thread? Aya-san~ Well, I need advice on how to maintain the wig. My boy's Leeke wig seems to be a bit fluffy looking, it looks like he has a mushroom hair. Is there anything I can use to make it less fluffy looking? Human use hair gel, does wig also have hair gel for styling? I manage to make it less fluffier than before by restyling it, but it's still fluffy looking. Help? I don't cosplay so I don't know anything about wig.

#19 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

[quote name='"neko-alice"]Reviving this thread? Aya-san~ Well' date=' I need advice on how to maintain the wig. My boy's Leeke wig seems to be a bit fluffy looking, it looks like he has a mushroom hair. Is there anything I can use to make it less fluffy looking? Human use hair gel, does wig also have hair gel for styling? I manage to make it less fluffier than before by restyling it, but it's still fluffy looking. Help? I don't cosplay so I don't know anything about wig.[/quote']U can try to use those soft gel that human use. I usually style my kids hair using this water gel soft type. Since their wig was made from nylon string so this gel won't really damage the wig.
Posted Image

#20 smalltao

smalltao

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I just bought a wig from this site and a really beautiful shoe, but i don't know if i need to custom the clothing for my takara girl? Should i hand the size to that site? Help!! I'm hurry!!http://www.smalltao.com/product/8653685405/The%20BB%20Danjin%20short%20hair

#21 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

ho..aya..i want you to do my ai-ruen (new girl) face up.can ah? i tried on the spare head...epic fail. T.T

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#22 saintaya

saintaya

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

snowangell88 : no problem... :) U pass the head to Angel they all when you can.
Posted Image