Photo

It's About Time--Comic Fiesta 2010: Date and Venue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
427 replies to this topic

#31 Sakurai_Innocent

Sakurai_Innocent

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Here some pictures for the hall ....actually it is a nice place ...Toilet big...many place can shoot ...just convenience food and others...problem [spoiler=]Posted Imageat the right hand side is the hall Posted Image outside the hallPosted Image[/spoiler]
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Orange

Orange

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Evil troll D:The ballroom is rather nice. We'd just have to cover up the best that we can to avoid strange stares when going on food hunts. Or go in a group XD
Cosplay PlansAlice in WonderlandMint BlancmancheAnise AzeatHarleLirinChenMiku Zatsune~Default - COMPLETEDLing Xiaoyu - Bunny Tracksuit ver.VietnamAncient EgyptMeiko SakineBlogshop Facebook

#33 xAoiSora

xAoiSora

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Cool, looks good. But yeah 14 floors up and down...It's already been mentioned that they cannot afford to use Sunway again so yeah, do be grateful. Unless you can sponsor some cash.

#34 dorkodile

dorkodile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Any recommendations of bus companies for trips from Singapore?
COMIC FIESTA 2010: Vocaloid // Gackpo [Poetaster&SingingDolls]Absolute Obedience // Louis Hardwich

#35 Lavena

Lavena

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

No offence but I think most would agree that Sunway is a much better choice. Times Square is too cramped and considering it's on the 14th floor, we would have to face much more stuff than just lala and seafood people. at least if you want it to be at Times Square, please consider resting areas, food and storage areas...

I'm basing on what I heard on FB Comic Fiesta discussion thread. I think A LOT of people would love Sunway because it's the best choice. BUT It's too expensive, a non-profit organization to fork out money and waiting for sponsors it's really difficult. If I'm not mistaken Sunway Pyramid raised the rental fee? CF cannot afford it again.I'm sure they've all taken in accounts about all those factors. I'm just glad that it's in a ballroom and the location seems good and as long as it's NOT that cramp up place. Suggestion : Maybe a Maid Cafe or a buffet (but not free la, you have to consider CF is a non-profit organization) and a small counter for refreshments to avoid the long journey to times square mall (and avoiding lalas)

#36 mieko

mieko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

idouji : memang la you bagi opinion. but yea, suggesting time is over. now, be grateful at least cf committee manage to get a venue with limited budget and stuffs. if you want Sunway Pyramid for CF, CONTRIBUTE/get sponsors for RM180k so that they could get to book the venue. no money no talk. this is a fan by fan based event. tak ada untung for organizer. get it?
also known as, the ice witch. i can be mean when i can't tolerate with you and your stupidness. bitch.

#37 ice-cream

ice-cream

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

iDouji: Why are you getting so butthurt when I never said I directed my comment at you? ==;M-m-maaiidddd cafe....? *sparkly eyes*
http://www.kawaiiism.comClick here for my 2010 cosplay list! :)

#38 Hinata_Cher

Hinata_Cher

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

idouji:nah,i am not that sure when will spm over,but should be end that time^^
+=2010 plan=+[spoiler=]Kagamine RinRima TouyaDrocell Cainzmake it ROCK!!![/spoiler]

#39 Cappy Phreakyfish

Cappy Phreakyfish

Gundam Meister Wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Glad the venue is the hotel ballroom and not the Times Square hall of 2007~ ^^ I just Googled images of the ballroom and it looks pretty spacious, which is good~

Even if the event hall is at a ballroom, we still need to go down to the Time Square's foodcourt and that will get ugleh with all the lala lili lulu of TS tat is not so opened with the idea of seeing someone whose different from them eventhou some of them dressed up much more worst compared to a cosplayer.A buffet and a resting place is a good idea and we'll appreciate it if you guys could at least bring the food upstairs so we don't have to face those lala lili lulu that is surely going to abuse/harassing cosplayer verbally or possibility physically as well.

While having the event catered for would really be nice, let's not be unreasonable and demand for it ... catering is expensive, and it's already trouble enough organizing the event in the first place. If you really don't want to move out of the hall to eat, you can always bring your own packed lunches/bento (unless there's a 'no eating in the hall' rule). =)

#40 shawn2death

shawn2death

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Gosh...! All the way 14th floor up LOL!Good thing my cosplay is light X_XBut surrounding... ballroom... any good lighting? >_

#41 xAoiSora

xAoiSora

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:05 PM

I'm pretty sure SPM safely ends a few days before CF. ;D

#42 yarvessa

yarvessa

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

[quote name='"Hinata_Cher"]idouji:nah' date='i am not that sure when will spm over,but should be end that time^^[/quote']Lolz, if I'm not mistaken, SPM ends on 15th December, just like last year, I think. ^^But I think the committee members have already taken that into consideration since there's a lot of forumers taking SPM each year.Lavena's suggestion on a maid cafe or something is nice~

#43 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Here some pictures for the hall ....actually it is a nice place ...Toilet big...many place can shoot ...just convenience food and others...problem [spoiler=]Posted Imageat the right hand side is the hall Posted Image outside the hallPosted Image[/spoiler]

hurhur...good job sakurai~can get d picture 8D will definitely come both days

facebook

#44 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

== Okay then, Well, please consider guys.. I am not finding trouble == Just stating a suggestion as was the free buffet and etc So..yeah.. Now I understand but please also understand I was just stating an opinion.... I did not demand it to be at Sunway or anything. Wasn't a must == And I also suggested storage area, resting place.. Not only venue... That's allI guess a small cafe at the venue would be really helpful. Hopefull ballroom got good lighting for uber good photos :lol: And yea, agree with Joanne.. I am sure SPM ends before SPM T.TAlso,Joanne erm where did they state it?? I can't see it in the front page >.< Can link?? Thnx ^^
Posted ImageSignature by iDouji. (RIPPERS BE HATED)

#45 sakuradesune

sakuradesune

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

yay! confirmed date! now can plan! xD want to take leave a day earlier =3~bts is fine with me. nearer and its not like a place that hard to go also. people who want to come also easier edy. public transport is easy to get! no need long wait bus or so xD
sakuradesune.jpg

#46 xXYuuki_ChanXx

xXYuuki_ChanXx

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Finaleh clarified ! Was getting worried..@_@14 floor...hope the elevator can hold alot of ppl in it. xDNow can start planning again~ =D
Posted ImageMy shoppu~My Buying List~Selling Costumes2011[spoiler=]OpastGeneral ClassBloody RoseGeassBL gameMarshmallowEggplantOniBlack Hawks[/spoiler]

#47 Mayotan

Mayotan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

I like it. At least it is still in a hotel, comfortable and looks spacious. Of course previous venue was convenient for many reasons (able to avoid human traffic jams and car traffic jams especially), but gotta make do can't have everything everytime :D Would like to know about rules for bringing in food too, not just in the ballroom but the hotel lobby/hall itself.

#48 yatashi_suzuki

yatashi_suzuki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

maybe i can go , the traffic is too 'awesome' there , but is 14flr too high up ? And lots of complaint at facebook about the malaysian-punk ( malaysia lala or malaysian-visual kei ) .

--------------------------------------------------
WELCOME ON-BOARD ! 

SGTWCVer2.gif 

#49 yatashi_suzuki

yatashi_suzuki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

TS that side for sure no problem . I love there but only my parents dunno want me to go there or not ( i want to work at ticketing department )

--------------------------------------------------
WELCOME ON-BOARD ! 

SGTWCVer2.gif 

#50 xAoiSora

xAoiSora

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Also,Joanne erm where did they state it?? I can't see it in the front page >.< Can link?? Thnx ^^

Here: http://www.moe.gov.my/?id=20&lang=en

#51 Ayikot

Ayikot

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Any recommendations of bus companies for trips from Singapore?

Hi! here's few of my personal recommendations:-Aeroline - stops at Sunway Pyramid or The Mines or Corus Hotel Kuala LumpurStarMart Express Air Asia Liner - Stops Berjaya Times Squareand their pretty comfortable!
removed due to inappropriate use of obscene languages, yet no harm having you know that i heard she bought 50 chocolate cane candy from ebay and engulf them all

#52 BVRX1411

BVRX1411

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

Imagining self carrying a bag of cosplay related stuff and bentos and stuff in a Lrt Sardine CanHmmm...YOSH!!!! Sounds like school trip to me~ :D LET'S GO....
Living in an imaginary world~2011 cosplay plans~- Sora-confirmed-Neku-confirmedDO YOU LOVE THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU? JOIN US FOR 2011!-http://forums.comicf...ad.php?tid=1134-

#53 k-mero

k-mero

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

oh my... it'll be a hard time for my parents to find their way to the place. never been anywhere near there before. ._. gahh. >< but the hall looks really nice.. so elegant(?) XD

#54 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Oh erm Joanne I meant the money problem XDYeah hopefully food will be brought but there is a risk of food getting on others costume T.T

#55 celyn_kong

celyn_kong

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

Also,Joanne erm where did they state it?? I can't see it in the front page >.< Can link?? Thnx ^^

Here: http://www.moe.gov.my/?id=20&lang=en

http://apps2.moe.gov... ... pm2010.pdfhere is the link for the time table~~actually itz kinda gud place *pointing at the pic by sakurai*bt the lightning is kinda dim ?? *from the pic*the venue is mayb a trouble for those who is driving to ts~~itz jaming all the time~~i noe we can juz take public transport~~bt by public transport, juz imagine those who are bring the props n sumbat into that small little monorail ~~~

#56 xAoiSora

xAoiSora

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

Money problem? o_o You mean about not being able to afford Sunway? That's in the CF Facebook page, under Discussions.

#57 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

I see Time to check it out.. Never aded them yet XD

#58 sakuradesune

sakuradesune

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

those open booth, cosplayer or bring lots of stuff just come early la xD for sure not jam ba early morning. if come late of coz jam. then visitors just park somewhere else then continue take public transport. shouldnt be a problem. =3
sakuradesune.jpg

#59 WeN

WeN

Old Spammer of CF Forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12410 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

UWAAA !!!! SOOOOO NICCCEEEE !!!!!!NE NE NE !!! TOOOOOKKIIIIIIIYAAAAA-SAAAANNNN~~~~can volunteer stay there for 1 day ?? i mean can treat the stay at the hotel as a free gift to volunteer ? let's say...the volunteer come from some where far...like JB for example....so why not jz giv the volunteer a day stay at the hotel....easy rite ??n FREEE FOOD BUFFFFEEEETTTT~~~~~ *soli i m in my hyper mode**jz my duno cost how much punya comment*

Touhou_Mix.jpgTouhou is mai lover/waifu ^^

Cosplay Plan:Sig1.pnghttp://wen4896.blogspot.com / www.facebook.com/helperwen 

#60 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

well, at least now I know that going to CF this year will be easier...going all the way to Sunway is a little hard for me... T^Tand since the date and venue is finally out, i can finally start planning properly~ yayy~~
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+