Photo

DURARARA!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 mioka

mioka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

I ABSOLUTE ADORE THIS ANIME!!! OP N ED is srsly nice. :3Uzaya Izaya is so adorable in his own maniacal psychotic ways. But still adorable :3AND LOLOLOL YES 3 MINS MAX FOR SHIZU HAHAHAHAHA Very amazed at how awesome his bones are ._. He can never die can he? I bet his bones are like steel now. HM. : |

A car rammed into him and I think he broke the bottom section of his spine... I don't think he can die XD Speaking of Shizuo, Kasuka is so cute 8DTo DRRR Fanatics: http://ikebukuro-dollars.com/ Quite awesome thing, too bad my connection is a bit bad ): I can't hear the cute sound effect when someone does post ><
Posted Image

#2 Firnheledien

Firnheledien

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

WOW, so many replies! :D It's nice to know there are fans of DRRR!! in Malaysia.I first got into the series after seeing lots of fanart/cosplay of it on DA.Where can I read the translated novel?

#3 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

i believe tsu passed me the link.....but i couldn't access livejournal in my office...i'll pm you the link in a sec ya....(i think it's somewhere in my email..LOL)

#4 Firnheledien

Firnheledien

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:12 AM

Yea, I don't know if I'm a fan of it. It's quite a difficult show to like but it's very interesting to watch. :P

#5 Firnheledien

Firnheledien

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

I can't believe there isn't a topic for this yet.I was a bit skeptical at the first few episodes because they introduced so many characters and plot threads that it was hard for me to feel anything for this series at first.It's really grown on me though. :D And Shizuo reminds me of a stronger angrier Sanzo (Saiyuki).Anyone else a fan of this? I really like the OP & ED themes too. :lol: They match the urbane feel of the series.

#6 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Watching it, and there's just a strange, appealing aura which insists me to look at the show as something which is very unique in its own way. Even though my opinion of this show is like... "Eh? Durarara? Mmm... yeah, okay..." and it still stands till now.I'm interested to see Selty reunited with her head, Mikado hooking up with Anri, Anri's... uh, "dark side" revealed and that's just to name a few.

#7 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

lol....for the word 'SANZO' mentioned in the first post, i'll watch this anime....haha...^^

#8 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Er....more like Shizuo is more violent than Sanzo. Shizuo snaps after like...3 minutes? LOL! I just love how Izaya and Shizuo goes. Besides, I am really surprised Shizuo never die from all the bone breaking he had! O8Shit, why is Kida not out for the past few epis lately ;w;
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

lol...i read the manga yesterday and SHIZUO IS SUCH A CUTIE...(ok..a violent cutie)just got 4 epis in my machine now....tsu>> 3 minutes is too much...i think he snaps after 3 secs...LOL

#10 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

hito>> read the novel then you'll understand why I say he will snap in just 3 minutes LOL! Opps forgotten to say MAX is 3 mins.watch the anime. the manga is slower.

#11 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

yeah, currently downloaded till epi 4 only..coz my laptop no more space...haha..BUT SHIZUO IS SO ADORABLE.!!! i read the manga, but it ends at chapter 9 only..(WTF?! my avatar turned into mudkips? WTF?! and WOOT..!! 666th post!!!)

#12 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

probably havent scanlated finish yet....and if you wan i can give till epi 12~(Mudkips...erm...why Mudkips??)

#13 KroduZ

KroduZ

Idiotic fagget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

I'm going to turn gay and love Mikado~xDD joking

Signature? Ask for my autograph the next time you see me.

#14 mioka

mioka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

I simply adore Durarara (xI merely found out this series by a fluke of luck- I was looking for something else and happened to stumble upon a picture of Shizuo. Like every normal girl, how can you resist someone as mysterious as Shizuo :o? Found the series on MU, downloaded up to the latest chapter and BAM. I love it :DUnfortunately for me, I read the manga first before watching the anime, so I sort of spoiled myself as the manga has certain details not yet told in the anime at that time (vice versa for manga). Though, manga is somewhat more detailed - I especially loved the part where Erika and Walker tried to RP Kuroshitsuji on the poor guy in the van 8DI should stop rambling (I tend to do that with series I really love~) >< Two favourite character so far is none other than ORIHARA and Shizuo <3Favourite pairing is Shizuo x Orihara :( <<<<- Don't I just scream fujoshi?
Posted Image

#15 Xan

Xan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I ABSOLUTE ADORE THIS ANIME!!! OP N ED is srsly nice. :3Uzaya Izaya is so adorable in his own maniacal psychotic ways. But still adorable :3AND LOLOLOL YES 3 MINS MAX FOR SHIZU HAHAHAHAHA Very amazed at how awesome his bones are ._. He can never die can he? I bet his bones are like steel now. HM. : |
I totally just wasted 3 seconds of your life >D

#16 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

Two favourite character so far is none other than ORIHARA and Shizuo <3Favourite pairing is Shizuo x Orihara <<<<- Don't I just scream fujoshi?

*screams along*somehow the anime tends to get a li'l bit confusing....because they spread out their focus..like, if i didn't read the manga, i wouldn't understand the issue with harima mika....oh...Shizuo is much <3.....try throwing a fridge at your younger sibling...LOL...

#17 kaoru_himura

kaoru_himura

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

watch a few episodes...yeah its unique and very "new" to me...very interesting to watch. and the black rider is damn nice...~!XD
~Music is magic, so let it be heard~
Please click here and comment on my song cover~!

#18 varinius

varinius

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:40 AM

Seriously love this anime too. I stumble upon it accidentally while looking for something to watch to alleviate my boredom. XD This is gonna be one of my top fav anime. The op & ed is really cool. The storyline is captivating from the start which make me read the novel version which is more detail. ^^ For me the introduction of soo many characters in the 1st ep make it fun and unique as well as make u anticipate how the story gonna continue next which such interesting intro of each characters. ^^

#19 mioka

mioka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

somehow the anime tends to get a li'l bit confusing....because they spread out their focus..like, if i didn't read the manga, i wouldn't understand the issue with harima mika....

I thought the biggest spoiler was regarding Harima Mika >__< Though, the end of the first 'arc' was a whole new twist! [spoiler=o-o]She wasn't Celty's head after all! I was so sure that she was- considering the fact she had scars on her neck. Also, I never thought Mikado was sniffing around Dollars, already knowing he was the 'founder' XD Damn it, this is so awesome QQ[/spoiler][spoiler=Epic 13]New OP and ED! Honestly, it isn't as upbeat as the first ones, but it's still quite nice. Though, I prefer when On/Off did VK's first OP >< Spoiler recap epi13- Celty is getting hunted by the police (whut?!), Shinra's dad is home (what's with the gas mask?), Kida is revealed to be the ex-head of Yellow Scarves (No wonder he has so many connections) and the slasher comes to Anri's rescue?Nothing much to fangirl for me since I didn't get to see Shizuo AND Izaya interact D8 WE NEED MORE SHIZAYA![/spoiler]
Posted Image

#20 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Me ish BIG BIG Drrr!! fanzu~! ><(lol...friday night will camp infront of com waiting for the epi to release)and yeah their op is really nice~the new OP and ED starting epi 13 also not bad...Can't wait for more!!!mioka >> SHIZAYA <3 !!Shinra's papa is a funny man XD

#21 inreality

inreality

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

i fell in love with the new OP! X3i like shizuo's routine of stepping on a cigarette but/ice-cream stick before picking something up to throw 8D[spoiler=]who knew izaya could speak russian?![/spoiler]

#22 mioka

mioka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

i fell in love with the new OP! X3i like shizuo's routine of stepping on a cigarette but/ice-cream stick before picking something up to throw 8D[spoiler=]who knew izaya could speak russian?![/spoiler]

Me too! I find it so funnyly-cute when he steps and twists on something XD[spoiler=]I wasn't too surprised (he is some whacky character after all). Though, can anyone confirm if they speak real russian o_o? It somehow just sounds like gibberish to me Q.Q[/spoiler]

Shinra's papa is a funny man XD

+1
Posted Image

#23 Firnheledien

Firnheledien

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

I find the new OP isn't as catchy though.Yea, that episode featuring Shizuo where he snaps something in half before committing a random act of violence is hilarious. XD

#24 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

agrees wif firnheledien on the op...but I like the pv though...I like how they use the not-so-famous but great bands to perform the OP and ED ![spoiler=]I soo wanna know the story behind Anri and the slasher now...My guess is Anri is the slasher but then again...we never know what to expect母, 母 母 母 母 母 母 母 母 母 母 母 母[/spoiler]

#25 doublelynn

doublelynn

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Onii-san, ohisashiburi~ /unlurksOh fffff, Durarara!! Thread~ \o/ Been keeping up with this series since a few months ago. Prolly the most interesting anime/novel/manga I've read in quite a while.Being an Izaya/Shizuo (in that order, haha |D) shipper myself, and as much as I like Izaya, I still think he deserves to be kicked/thrown to Osaka by Shizu-chan. lol effing troll who wears too many fur-trimmed coats.kuro > [spoiler=in reply to your guessing]That's Saika. And yes Saika IS related to Anri.[/spoiler]PS; I really love how they finally put in Tom and Kasuka into the 2nd OP; Minor character love, get. <3 And how the new OP finally dwell into the darker plot. :D PSS; VAN GANG TAKES THE CAKE. <3 Dotachiiiiin! + Erika + Walker + Togusa the driver FTW./lurks
Full-time lurker, Part-time binge-poster.

#26 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

lynn>>all i can say is...HOWDY FELLOW WORSHIPPER..!!!*waves Izaya/Shizuo (yes, in that order TOO/ONLY) flag*p/s...somehow, izaya....has the face of hibari, but the personality of byakuran...

#27 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

hito>> lol! have you passed the link to firn?firn>> if hito hasn't pass the link to you, I guess I should share it here?Any IzaKida fan? *looks around with sparkly eyes*

#28 mioka

mioka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Nu~ there are more Izaya/Shizuo fans QQ Shizaya will prevail~ (somehow)

Any IzaKida fan? *looks around with sparkly eyes*

I'm not a huge fan, but I support any possible pairings XD (Izaya/Masaomi is kind of kinky compared to Izaya/Mikado XD)
Posted Image

#29 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

lynn >> [spoiler=]yeah I know Anri is Saika...I just wanna know is Anri the slasher now XD sounds like it could be here from Saika's chat log[/spoiler]tsubasa >> sharing is caring :D Izakida X3Speaking of Izaya... whats up with Namie? She's his secretary now O_O?I think Simon needs more love <3russian sushi ftw!

#30 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

lol...saw this on LYN, and well..sharing is caring..LOL....[spoiler=localized version of DOLLARS]Posted Image[/spoiler]