Photo

Bon-Odori 2010 *Re-updated!!*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#1 Migryl

Migryl

[Crimson FlameHaze] - Committee of LGCC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:28 AM

*Updated for Selangor BO*Hi minna-san~ since I just got the news about this year Bon-Odori so here's the informations & announcement na...About Bon-Odori...[spoiler=]Obon (ã?ç??) or just Bon (ç??) is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the departed (deceased) spirits of one's ancestors. This Buddhist custom has evolved into a family reunion holiday during which people return to ancestral family places and visit and clean their ancestors' graves, and when the spirits of ancestors are supposed to revisit the household altars. It has been celebrated in Japan for more than 500 years and traditionally includes a dance, known as Bon-Odori.Bon Odori (ç??è¸?ã??, meaning simply Bon dance) is an event held during Obon. It is celebrated as a reminder of the gratefulness one should feel toward one's ancestors.As Obon occurs in the heat of the summer, participants traditionally wear yukata, or light cotton kimonos. Many Obon celebrations include a huge carnival with rides, games, and summer festival food like watermelon.Original article from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia....Odori#Bon_Odori[/spoiler]Every year, Malaysia Bon Odori Festivals also celebrated in Penang and at the Matsushita Corp Stadium in Shah Alam, Selangor. This celebration, which is a major attraction for the state of Selangor, is the brain child of the Japanese Expatriate & Immigrant's Society in Malaysia. In comparison to the celebrations in Japan, the festival is celebrated on a much smaller scale in Penang and Selangor, and is less associated with Buddhism and more with Japanese culture. Held mainly to expose locals to a part of Japanese culture, the festival provides the experience of a variety of Japanese food & drinks, art and dance. ***It also states certain rules for people to participate in such as...~ NO HIGH-HEELS in the dancing field~ Strictly NO SMOKING for designated areas~ Wear nothing impolite or offensive and also NO COSPLAYING.***

Bon-Odori 2010 (Penang)Date: 17th July 2010Time: 5:00pm - 12:00pmOrganizer: The Consulate of Japan, Penang State Tourism Development & Culture and Bon Odori CommitteeVenue: Esplanade, PenangTicket: Free AdmissionContact: 04-2263030Bon-Odori 2010 (Selangor)Date: 17th July 2010Time: 5:00pm - 10:00pmOrganizer: Embassy of Japan, The Japan Club of Kuala Lumpur & The Japanese School of Kuala LumpurVenue: Panasonic Sports Complex (formerly Matsushita Centre), Lot No 4, Persiaran Perkilangan Seksyen 21, 40300 Shah Alam, SelangorTicket: Free AdmissionContact: 03-22742274Map: http://1.bp.blogspot... ... -h/map.jpgProgramme:

17:00 Gates open19:00 Opening - Drum Performance19:15 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 119:45 Dance by Guest Performers20:00 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 220:30 Dance by Guest Performers20:45 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 321:45 Closing Address

[spoiler=]Informations taken fromPenang's Bon-Odori - http://www.visitpena... ... h=7&day=17Selangor's Bon-Odori - http://www.my.emb-ja.../JIS/event.html[/spoiler]

Well... I only got the info's from Penang side there, so any news from Selangor side one please just notice me la. ^^" (but it should be the same like last year kua...) Last year, the tourism Selangor has a website dedicated to inform the public on the updates of the upcoming Bon Odori (but it's invalid now...)*So, I'll update the info's & map once I got any news there... Thanks!*

*Love Is The Most Powerful MIracle Spell*

[Migryl 2013 -2014 Cosplay Plan]

*2013*

~ Asuna, CUL, Arcueid, Corti, Rukia, Asuna Kagurazaka
*2014*

~ Aoko, Yumemi, Yukina

Spoiler

#2 kikuzakura

kikuzakura

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

oooooh~ ^^ thanks!
Love the Lord your God, and love others as you love yourself! Together, lets make this world a better place! ^w^GAMP is finally over! Now can finally sleep in peace!!! XXXD THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!!!! XXD

#3 KroduZ

KroduZ

Idiotic fagget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hey wait, 17th July, wasn't that same date as C2AGE?

Signature? Ask for my autograph the next time you see me.

#4 Migryl

Migryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

KroduZ>> Ya~ I've told them already... so maybe they might change date tho... ^^"

*2013*

*2014*

~ Aoko, Yumemi, Yukina

Spoiler

#5 wanteddog

wanteddog

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hey, can you like highlight(or change the colour like red) and make the font bigger for ''no cosplaying'' because some people just don't get it. I heard from my friends that they saw some people were cosplaying there last year swt. Thanks.

#6 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

wanteddog>>its uselessi think last year also already got one....but talking to airhead people~ nothing we get~only can if spot them at event place~just kick thme ass out ~that all
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMode:Blur~too much thing @_@Yahoo:ONMSN:ON

#7 Konakona

Konakona

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Oooh! Selangor! I'm glad that they're having one there! Hopefully the info will be out soon.Though I don't get why people are desperate to go there in their cosplay...sigh. Ruins the whole atmosphere...

#8 Cappy Phreakyfish

Cappy Phreakyfish

Gundam Meister Wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! =D Am probably going for the Penang one! ^^

#9 Alexen

Alexen

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Yaho~!! Hope I can go~ :)
COSPLAY PLAN FOR CF2011=>Nyotalia Prussia(Default ver.)!!My Blog~http://kiponto.wordpress.com/

#10 xyndit

xyndit

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

Prolly to show off their latest outfits. Could the event planner do something about the food stalls area? I've been there last year and I witnessed many people especially little kids breathing in all the sand and dust.
I'm EVIL! Fear ME!!!!

#11 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

KroduZ>> Ya~ I've told them already... so maybe they might change date tho... ^^"

Wanted to change but couldn't, sorry,C2AGE's date is stuck with 17 july 2010.

#12 sosotpeople

sosotpeople

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

there is last year info here~viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2120^~^

#13 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

*sigh* pity I can't follow you guys... =__=Will experience it here then XDDDD Ano....do take alot of pictures, eh?? ^^Maybe I will take some from this end too. AND will tell you guys if there are any "idiots" who try to cosplay during Bon Odori here XDDD
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#14 Yumizo

Yumizo

Candy yumi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Okay Sankyuu~-I dun even have any high heels xDDLike this then /Maybe/ I will attend this

kyo1-b.png

Be a kind soul and drop by my site --> candy-yumi.com

#15 Yumizo

Yumizo

Candy yumi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Eeeeks~why must clash with C2AGE one TT^TTBon Odori not 100% needs to wear Yukata right?Wear shirt & jeans can?? (shirt of course is the ones I wear to shopping complex de xDD)Panasonic sports complex orh...I need to go see if its far from my place.

kyo1-b.png

Be a kind soul and drop by my site --> candy-yumi.com

#16 Chikoness

Chikoness

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Eeeeks~why must clash with C2AGE one TT^TTBon Odori not 100% needs to wear Yukata right?Wear shirt & jeans can?? (shirt of course is the ones I wear to shopping complex de xDD)Panasonic sports complex orh...I need to go see if its far from my place.

Of course can! >w< As long as u wear casual or traditional yukata. Anything like cosplay/vk/lolita/gothic will then be disrespectful. Think wearing a blingbling shining red cheongsam at someone's funeral @ Ching Ming. XDOh, and no high heels allowed too. >w<
Posted ImageNow visit me on my blog!GIRLS ARE NOW FOCUSING...Embodiment of Scarlet DevilKoumajou Densetsu Scarlet SymphonyHellsingFairy Tail

#17 kikuzakura

kikuzakura

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

you'll be thankful for the no high heel rule *imagine trekking around in uncomfortable footwear!!!! Ow!*
Love the Lord your God, and love others as you love yourself! Together, lets make this world a better place! ^w^GAMP is finally over! Now can finally sleep in peace!!! XXXD THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!!!! XXD

#18 Chikoness

Chikoness

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

you'll be thankful for the no high heel rule *imagine trekking around in uncomfortable footwear!!!! Ow!*

That too. XDDDDDDD And with shoes/flats you can run away faster with S-S-S-SANDSTOOORM!
Posted ImageNow visit me on my blog!GIRLS ARE NOW FOCUSING...Embodiment of Scarlet DevilKoumajou Densetsu Scarlet SymphonyHellsingFairy Tail

#19 kikuzakura

kikuzakura

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

XD XD XD OH LOOK FOOD!!! *rush ahead with flat shoes* I heard they sell out pretty quickly, so speed is of essence! QUICK ATTACK!

#20 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

[quote name='"kikuzakura"]XD XD XD OH LOOK FOOD!!! *rush ahead with flat shoes* I heard they sell out pretty quickly' date=' so speed is of essence! QUICK ATTACK![/quote']This I agree to. You guys better bring some water bottles for your own sake IF you CAN'T buy anything at the food stalls OR your having a hard time buying.
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#21 crazilili

crazilili

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

Haiz...I hope the Selangor date'll be confirmed soon.T^T

#22 Powdered Marshmellow

Powdered Marshmellow

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

is the selangor date confirmed???i dont eat when i go to bon odori. i can barely find myself in all the sand and dust last year. @_@i think no matter how many times they've been told no cosplay and VK and yiddy yiddy yadda on Bon Odori there will still be idiots parading proudly with cosplay and VK and stuff. the organizers shouldnt even let those people dressed like that in in the first place.and i lost count of how many butt silts i saw last year at Bon Odori. gosh my eyes hurt man...

#23 olliey

olliey

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

haiz.... why clash wif C2AGE? Life is an invisible CAGE!

#24 Kimiko

Kimiko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

Anyone interested to visit Penang Bon Adori??

#25 xyndit

xyndit

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Is it as big as Selangor's Bon odori?
I'm EVIL! Fear ME!!!!

#26 Migryl

Migryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

xyndit>> Naa... it's way Bigger & Crowder than Selangor BO every year~ X33 (come Penang BO u'll know la~XDD)

*2013*

*2014*

~ Aoko, Yumemi, Yukina

Spoiler

#27 taki_yuki7

taki_yuki7

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

wow..I might come this year ^___^!

#28 shusuke61

shusuke61

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Yay~!! Me going Selangor one~ but going with my school XDXD Maybe doing traditional dances there XDXD
Posted Image2011 Cosplays =D[spoiler=]~ Shiki (Togainu no Chi)~ Leaks (Lamento)~ Akira (Togainu no Chi)~ Tsuna (KHR)[/spoiler]

#29 xyndit

xyndit

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

I can't travel down Penang T^T
I'm EVIL! Fear ME!!!!

#30 HeartLockMisa

HeartLockMisa

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

GAHHHHHHCLASHES WITH C2AGE D:< I hope I'm able to go for both of them. . . :/
I'm what I choose to show and hide, but never losing the inner child within me. Cosplay plans of 11' and 12': [spoiler=]Hatsune Miku (Magnet version) from Vocaloid -100%Hatsune Miku (Acute version) from Vocaloid -100%Hatsune Miku (Halloween version) from Vocaloid -100%Amane Misa (Movie version) from Death Note -100%Akiyama Mio (Don't Say Lazy verison) from K-On -80%Yuna from Final Fantasy X -0%Lockhart Tifa from Final Fantasy VII -0%Taiwan from Hetalia Axis Powers -0%[/spoiler]