Photo

Some pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImageSome pics that I'm not too happy with, but maybe it's salvagable. ^^; Comments and crits are welcome.P.s: It looks cropped in the preview. ^^;; But if I make it smaller it'll be a bit hard to see.

#2 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

ohohohooo......nice~~ :3why i say nice? coz i can never draw like that~~ >w<
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#3 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

Lol thanks for being nice ^^;; D= But don't look down on yourself, everyone has their own progress. :OO

#4 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

thanx~~ :3
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#5 Ryeain

Ryeain

Veteran CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

Love the colors .. But may improve more on different strokes technique neh ~1st pic.. seems blury .. add more details on the monster .. sharpen it .. and I like the man top part but the bottom part especially the legs is very out of proportion.. try practice more on human perspective ~ ^_^2nd pic sammurai's leg kinda off too..
BRAND NEW READY STOCK COSPLAY WIGS !!
http://www.facebook.com/KumoCos

#6 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hm, didn't realise the monster is kinda blurry, lol. Thanks for that, I always forget to make things sharp enough.Yeah I have so much trouble with the legs, mainly because it was really hard to find good ref in that perspective. X__x Thanks so much for your help, I now know what I should be practicing more. :D Esp those human figures on 3-point perspective.I'm not too sure how to fix the legs, despite many restructurings. XD I guess I have to find someone who is willing to pose for me, and some place with stairs. :PNot sure how to improve my strokes technique, your comment made me realized how immature my strokes techniques are. OMGZ. I will take it into account when I'm doing my next work. XDThanks for taking time to analyze my work, I really appreciate it. :D Yay.

#7 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Posted ImageCover art for a comic I'm working on, not sure what to call it yet. XD (I don't know how people come up with cool names). Empty space above is for the title...All I think of is 'green boy' and 'the strange child'. Haha!

#8 phanatix

phanatix

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think to make it cooler, like those cool ppl's character, they only speak a few words... lolol.So, instead of 'green boy' call it 'green'. Instead of 'the strange child', call it 'strange'... hope helping. XD

#9 Arejai

Arejai

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

awesome .. great job!!!!just a hand work or... what?
dON't F0RGET YouR nAMe : @ -

#10 heyjean

heyjean

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

awesome ..well done~
Posted Imagehttp://www.cosplayshow.com/god helps men,men help themselves/

#11 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Arejai: Erm... well I did use my hand to draw all these. XDDD All are done digitally, except for the comic cover's lineart, which I used my calligraphy pen.Phanatix: Thanks for your suggestions. I named my comic Quefolia instead. 8BPosted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us[spoiler=WARNING: Half nude. I'm not sure whether I can post this here cuz it just says no sensitive pics. Erm, does it include nudity?]Posted Image[/spoiler]More immature works from me. Whhoooo. 8BI am looking for a style. I can't seem to find one.I ish posting finished pics here, cuz I already have a thread here. 8B

#12 Ryeain

Ryeain

Veteran CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Woo nude pic ..XDActually I like the nude pic more *drools ..First pic :Very colourful ne~ The colours are pretty but it's quite stiff ..no? or mayb thts your colouring style? ^^Again.. the girl is kinda out of proportion and the palm is small.. and right foot too..The 'staff' is cool but the stick is kinda thick in diameter .. mayb u can make the diameter smaller ?Second pic:*claps* I have no comment .. nice one!~
BRAND NEW READY STOCK COSPLAY WIGS !!
http://www.facebook.com/KumoCos

#13 Nadiah

Nadiah

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

woah, I love your colouring skill! Do you do this traditionally or digitally?
Posted Image

#14 yoko-chan

yoko-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1669 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

wow... your colouring very nice!!! i agree with Nadiah! keep up the good work ah!. =D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

A mummies alive fan art I just completed. Wanted to put it into the finished section, but since I have a thread here so..Posted ImageAck such neglected posts.@Ryeain: Haha thanks for the comment. I don't think I have a style yet though, but I was trying to create some kind of style there. Probably didn't turn out so well. I find it hard to fix old pics though, I'll keep your corrections in mind for similar pics in future.@Nadiah: All these are coloured digitally.@heyjean, yoko-chan: Thanks :)

#16 charlikl

charlikl

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi ! Emmer. You have done such a great work. I really like it very much. Your second image is superb. You have filled such a nice color. I have saved it in my computer and i have it on my desktop wallpaper. Keep sharing !

#17 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

cuuum. keep up the great work!

#18 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

@charlikl: Thanks!@Openlor: Thanks for the encouragement! :)Arr why are these in the sketch section.. On hindsight I should've posted them on the finished section.I think I improved over the year, so I am generally quite pleased with that. Hopefully I can improve more yes. (You would probably be noticing the weird proportions and my fiddly perspective.. Feel free to point them out anyways)Posted ImageAnother Mummies Alive fan art, did it right after the Nefer-Tina one. Or more like I drew it before the Nefer-Tina one, had super problems with it, did the Nefer-Tina drawing and went back to tackle this one. I'm glad I managed to do it.Posted ImageA picture of a clumsy waitress named Wendy.... I did it on a friend's request (PLEASE NO MORE REQUESTS TT__TT NO TIME OMG) and I ended up getting alot of requests that I didn't want to turn down...Posted ImageLol a continuation of my major flaw.. the huge heads... which my friend thought it was a style so he didn't tell me the head was pretty huge till I finished it. oTL This was the first request I got from a stranger (no more requests please ;__; )Posted ImageHmm wasn't too sure about this style. It was traditional pencil lineart on paper and coloured over in the computer. Maybe the style was so weird that the person who requested it ran away without giving me any feedback lol (yes please no more requests ;__; )Posted ImagePatrako from Cleopatra's Fortune, an old retro game (which I didn't play because it's someone's request and I haven't got my hands on it).Posted ImageYeah I have a deviantArt account (emmer.deviantart.com). Trying out a different style... I'm always having trouble with 'style'.. so fiddly for me. This wasn't a request though, it is the mascot of a deviantART club I'm in (The club name is an ArtFullOfColours, and the mascot is a magical girl that brings colours to life or something of that sort). I wanted to try something different which I didn't really feel that daring to experiment on someone else's request.Posted ImageAnother request of someone else's OC, Iriselle. This was my second attempt at it, since my boyfriend thought my work wasn't up to par. It's always good to be around people who are critical and honest, I think it really does me get out of my comfort zone and draw better. (It's alot of work and tears though, at least for me ;___; )Posted ImageFina from Skies of Arcadia. :heart: My fave character. Lol only my recent pictures have my website or signature on it since my mom told me to start signing them.

#19 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

wow very nice!! O.o Looking forward to see more ^^

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#20 dragonreine

dragonreine

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Interesting to see the difference between what you have done in 2010 and what you've done now :D I advise you to be careful of soft edges, especially when painting. Your Nefer-Tina art has great promise, but the over-blended colours makes the whole image rather... blurry. The result is very two-dimensional, which MAY be what you're trying to go for. Generally you'll need to use sharp edges to separate the foreground/object-of-interest from the background. I'll use a humbnail of one of my own pieces as an example, since there's a similarly strong lighting scheme:Posted ImageYou'll see that I'd kept the edge of her face very sharp in contrast to the blurry background, so your eyes are drawn to her face first, and you can see that she is separate from the background. Which helps when zoomed in [can be seen here], so your eyes naturally move from left to right, over the painting, with the main focus being the contours of her cheek and chin (which is the point of the painting, to show her strong bone structure).For the lineart work, I'll suggest that you try experimenting with line weights (i.e how thick/thin a line is), again to separate the elements in your drawing, as well as directing focus (the same way that the sharp/soft edge trick does).
Posted Image

#21 emmer

emmer

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Lunn1986, Thanks!Dragonreine, that's some great advice thanks. :D It might have been the picture quality that I uploaded (replaced it now with a slightly better resolution one) that made it look pretty blurry. But yeah it's no where as sharp as yours, I can see what you mean. :) I will keep that in mind next time. Love the details on your painting, I probably will be looking to push myself a bit more with details too. Thanks I'll definately pay more attention to the line weights. :) Very helpful thanks!!