Photo

Create A Character A Day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dante3

dante3

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

Create A Character A Day, post your written character or concept characters here. Here is a few tips from the book "Manga Matrix by Hiroyoshi Tsukamoto". i dont own the book. so i read reviews about the book and concluded here: For example, one character (a "wind spirit") was created using a witch, a circus leader, a balloon and the sky as components. For example, you take a Dog and add a female and you'd have a humanoid dog. you take a female and then add the dog, you have a girl with a few dog features like ears, tail, nose etc. and of course you have an unlimited ammount of combinations like a Robot-Tiger-Female-Cactus combo. In the book there are tons of examples. there are some hideous creatures as well that look amazing, like an giraff-ostrish-carp(fish)-cactus creature that looks weird but you can clearly see that theres trillions of creatures that can be created as well as humans and humanoids.Animal + Human + Object + Elementals + Background = Character(Fox + Kid + Shuriken + Fire + Ninja = Naruto )( Man + Straw Hat + Rubber + Pirate = Luffy ONE PIECE)( Man+ Sword + + Death = BLEACH )(Cat + + magic pocket +Another World = Doraemon)Note: You can either write up a character or draw a character of your own design. please post it here. thanks

#2 dante3

dante3

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Create Your Own Superherohttp://marvel.com/cr...r_own_superhero

#3 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Seems interesting. The marvel character creation is fun, but the choices are kinda limited and the colors aren't that pretty IMO.Curious tho, is this challenge intended to allow people to continuously post new characters each day, or will you be providing random elements for people to try and test their skills? I'm personally kinda interested. =3

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#4 dante3

dante3

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

Seems interesting. The marvel character creation is fun, but the choices are kinda limited and the colors aren't that pretty IMO.Curious tho, is this challenge intended to allow people to continuously post new characters each day, or will you be providing random elements for people to try and test their skills? I'm personally kinda interested. =3

thx for ur feedback, my intention was initially the first statement. do u know any other forum filled with msian graphic designers?

#5 KimChiGirl

KimChiGirl

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Girl+vampire+synthe+memories=Yuuki Kuran
Posted ImageI will fight till' the end