Photo

READ FIRST:Marketplace R&R

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi allWe've noticed an increase of users using the Marketplace recently. Welcome to all new users and to all our returning users. To protect our community, we've drafted some rules and guidelines on what you can and cannot do in this forum. These rules will go into immediate effect: Rules: For Sellers1.The use of thread tags are compulsory. Please use the appropriate [WTS]/[WTB]/[WTA] tags.* 2. No lingerie and other NC-17 stuff, especially adult toys. 3. No funny symbols in your title. This applies to all threads created AFTER this rule has been published (existing threads are exempt temporarily). 4. You may only BUMP your thread once every 7 days. This includes bumps made by other people in your thread. 4A: If you are selling more than one kind of item ie makeup and clothes, do NOT create a separate thread for them. You're allowed only one thread per seller, so everything should go into the same thread. 5. Sellers are required to provide the following information in their threads: - Contact info (COMPULSORY)- Product Info (COMPULSORY)- Price (COMPULSORY except pre-order threads)- Item condition- Picture6. Threads should be in either BM or English. Any other languages will be deleted immediately. For Buyers1. Buy at your own risk. Please note that the Comic Fiesta Committee and Forum Moderators cannot and will not be responsible for any transactions completed/taking place in the forums. 2. Please be responsible and search through the Marketplace before opening a [WTB] thread. 3. Mods and Committee Members will NOT step in if there are any disputes. Any action taken will be at the discretion of the mods.4. Please note that we are unable to initiate any legal proceedings against the seller. The most we can do is to ban the seller if we've discovered they have been abusing this facility.* WTB = Want to Buy* WTS = Want to Sell* WTA = Want to AskIf you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. RegardsNaokoEdited: 19 January 2010 as per Key's suggestion.

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#2 AkikoWolf

AkikoWolf

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hello~ thanks to Naoko for the marketplace R&R!i have a few questions to clarify as a....SELLER:1. "No funny symbols in your title... Threads should be in either BM or English..." Does this include ALL the following examples?

[Pre-order]â??â?ºâ?ºâ?ºBEAUTYâ?¢â??â??â??â??(Stock Clearance)[WTS] Ready Stocks â??GEO lensâ?? from RM25!! *Limited stocks!![WTS] Bodyline.co.jp & Fanplusfriend.com â?¥ GROUP ORDER OPEN![WTS] *2nd-hand Costume/Cosplay Props/Accessories* [UPDATED]COStume Toshokan ( Cosæ?å?¾ä¹¦é¦? )

EXPLANATION: some sellers are using these symbols to make their threads easier to be spotted and easier to separate the texts, since we cannot use any BBCode in the title anyway. are asterisks forbidden too? i hope the use of symbols are allowed with minimal-use rule.2. "You may only BUMP your thread once every 7 days." may i suggest that you inform the forum users that they may use the automatic "BUMP TOPIC" button at the bottom of the page (beside Bookmark Topic) on topics not active for more than 14days?EXPLANATION: i have used the button a few times in the past and its quite convenient without having to increase post count, neither by seller nor other people.* on a side note, i think it would be better to make everyone use the bump button only. it would give everyone a better chance to appear on page 1. but of course, 14days is TOO long a wait. could you please lower it to 7days as you have stated in the rules above?3. "You're allowed only one thread per seller, so everything should go into the same thread." but what if i have a few different categories of items to sell? my example is this: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2460#p166287 (my sales threads). since we are allowed a maximum of 5 URL links in our signature, may i suggest each user be allowed a maximum of 5 active threads in the marketplace, instead of 1?EXPLANATION: 1 for [WTB] inquiries/questions/requests, 1 for used/second-hand items, 1 for brand new items, 2 for pre-orders? this is just my reasonable suggestion to why we should have more than just one thread to cram different types of sales together.finally, thanks again for reading my opinion about the new marketplace R&R! i really do appreciate your time and understanding. (i also understand that too many threads opened in marketplace will flood the server space and harder for moderators to monitor so many threads, so i hope we can compromise for everyone ne~) ^__^

#3 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi AkikoI'll talk to my fellow mods regarding the revisions, but here's my explanation on the reason why we worded the rules thus: 1. By funny symbols I meant special characters. The symbols you can find/see on your keyboard may be used. Special ones not. >< The last two shops in your example are alright, but the ones with the heart shapes, random arrows etc can be quite an eyesore. 2. I'll double check with Edo. I thought the bump button was for 7 days, not 14. Thanks for letting us know. 3. With regards to this, clutter is the main reason why we only allowed 1 thread per seller. I believe (personal opinion warning) that it's easier to reserve posts and contact/refer to the seller in one thread instead of having to run all over the place looking for Used/New/Preorder stuff from the same person. I hope my answers satisfies you. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :D

#4 Junnie

Junnie

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

I have a few questions to ask~~^^[spoiler=]4A: If you are selling more than one kind of item ie makeup and clothes, do NOT create a separate thread for them. You're allowed only one thread per seller, so everything should go into the same thread.[/spoiler]Do you mean by 'only one active thread per seller'?If our current thread is closed, can we open a new one next time?What about [WTA/WTB] thread? How many thread is allowed for one user? Thank you & have a nice day \(=^.^)/
Pink is the new black yo >W<

#5 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hi JunnnieYes, if your previous thread is closed, then you can create a new one. That's completely fine. Preferably we'd like you if you open only one [WTA/WTB] thread for your needs. You can update the first post as needed. :D

#6 Key

Key

Senior CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

Add one more tag, WTA = Want To Ask.
Posted Image
Also known as KeyEternal
Ask me if you dunno any html-ing/css. I'm free to help ^^

#7 eLLe

eLLe

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

Erm...what's the difference between WTA and WTB? :oops:
~One rule to be normal is not to be normal~

"Let Me tell You something, Bastard. Never forget what YOU are, the rest of the World will NOT. WEAR it like Armor and it can NEVER be used to HURT You"
-Tyrion Lannister

#8 AkikoWolf

AkikoWolf

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:47 AM

eLLe> WTA is want to ask, like for surveying the market (with intention to sell). WTB is want to buy, like for requesting for a product/service (with intention to buy).these are from my understanding; i hope it helps. ^____^

#9 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

Pardon me for suddenly posting because there was something I noticed on some of the market threads. And then I look up the rules.

- Contact info (COMPULSORY)

Yeah I know it's important et al, but may I suggest to have the sellers format how they posted their contacts? Esp emails and phone numbers. Unless of course the market threads are only visible to members. At least to avoid the emails from getting picked up by bots or the numbers used by irresponsible people.And um... I'm not sure if it's prevalent in many other seller... but do posting back account numbers really is necessary as well? Because I personally felt that is divulging too much information and could also be used by irresponsible people to make scams.

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#10 winifred

winifred

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

May I know where is the BUMP button? I can't seem to find it.....