Photo

Hotel Room Bookings at Comic Fiesta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Victor

Victor

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

Howdy all! After months of negotiations and waiting, the Comic Fiesta 2009 Organising Committee proudly introduces, for the first time, a hotel booking form for all its attendees! Please download the form here: [attachment=0].Download them, fill it up and fax it back to Sunway. CF is just providing a service, so do not send it back to us. Instead, send it straight to Sunway yeah. Email or fax will do.Special instructions: If you can, please add "For Comic Fiesta 2009" onto the form as well, so the Sunway management can keep track and easily allocate the rooms closer to each other. Do send it as soon as possible if you want to avoid a full house. Peak periods are a pain.Have fun!

#2 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

eh, seriously?RM290++ for a single roomRM320++ for a twin room?!btw, tax not included (10% service and 5% governement) and i haven't state the Premium rooms priceare you seriously out of your mind?!!Posted Image
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#3 Victor

Victor

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

Dude...if you don't want it, you're welcome to not take it...please don't make a nuisance of yourself here. There are some who want it and it's really obvious you're not one of them.

#4 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

maybe you should take into account that not all of us are richunless you only want to service the riches and be a jackassI thought u are more considerate when making your decision, not like "duh huh huh, u dun wan dun wan lorh"I'm so happy with CF community's service motto

if you don't want it, you're welcome to not take it

[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#5 Kyrill

Kyrill

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

though i do not need the hotel reservations, i think the committee are doing a great job at this. at least, they did something for our sake. :]lol, next time, ask if we can get discounts XD *gets shot*^you know... you could always just be more polite even when criticizing someone :/ no one is forcing you to stay in the hotel, really... so it is expensive... suggest them to get a cheaper nicely... what is with the attitude O.oso instead of calling victor (or the committee) a jackass, just leave the thread alone and enjoy your time somewhere else :3

#6 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

i am intimidated by the prices... are you guys sure that this info is actually doing some good to us?IMHO, a better one is where its much more affordable. I was interested actually. Wow.. im scared of the price. I fleeeeee.EDIT: Kyrill... you fed the troll. You fail. Yes there are cheaper hotels. Sunway Inn next to Sunway Lagoon. Yeah its low cost but its not the 'one night stand' type of place.I mean... you know that sunway hotel is expensive and YOU KNOW not all CF guests that are from outstation are working and most of us are students. Sunway Hotel is actually... killing us. Not damaging but KILL.but reading back. I dont think that Hell Angel was being at any wrong side. Its just criticism. At a very unwanted way.

maybe you should take into account that not all of us are richunless you only want to service the riches and be a jackassI thought u are more considerate when making your decision, not like "duh huh huh, u dun wan dun wan lorh"

I lol-ed. Bolded text.. misleading.anyway. thanks for the info Victor but i'd really suggest you to find an affordable hotel please...
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#7 sakurawong

sakurawong

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

Although it is a good hotel,but i still think it is a bit expensive, especially most of the guest are students. As freelancer937 mention above, there is a budget hotel located just opposit to sunway pyramid, and the price is much more cheaper. I appreciate that the committee provide this service to the CF guest, hopefully next time can consider those who are less affordable.
[spoiler=]GACCDay 1 - Shishiwakamaru (Yu Yu Hakusho)CF 2010Okazaki Shinich - NANA Group - in progress 85%othersRyotaros - human form(Kamen Raider Den-O) - 55%Temari - shippuden version (Naruto)- Done[/spoiler]

#8 Aoshi_88

Aoshi_88

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:08 AM

Shut off the flamethrowers and Ronson burners guys.There are ways to give critique without being so high-handed. The name-calling could also be done without.All you have to do is say, "I think it's too expensive for students, can we get a better rate?" or "I can't afford it, maybe a cheaper rate could be negotiated?" or similar.Keep it civil, yea?
Posted Image

#9 Vauxism

Vauxism

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:42 AM

It's an option, it's up to whoever want it. Yeah, the price is quite inappropriate unless you stuffed 5 - 6 people in a room rather then going for 2 person per room. That option only open to those who come in large number of friends, I stress friends in this. Even I don't want to be in the same room with peoples I just meet on the net and sharing for a night, god knows what would happen.Even the intention was good, the line was a bit overboard. Yeah, there's few sharp tongue around and some that can't take the heat as well. Service provided is not taking account for other various details, well again it's up for grab for those who want and can afford it. No one pushing you to take and no one is preventing. Just keep in mind for those who can't afford but in need next time yeah.I'm painting a big bulleyes behind my back for both side with this post, pfft.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.

#10 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hey, i agree with Vauxism...A group of friends(maybe 5-7 people..might get a bit crampy, but hey, you want to reduce the fees, right??) can share the amount of the hotel fees of one room and can sleep in together. But of course, a group of friends as in close friends. I too would feel slightly ackward if sharing with people who I just met online.A question, what does it mean by "Single" and "Double"?? I've gone to hotels but usually with my family for special occasions...
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#11 chiaki_saint girl

chiaki_saint girl

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

well, i do not need one. cuz i'm just staying nearby!!! well, the cf committee did really help the cosplayers who came from far places to enter the cf.i'm really proud of that!
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay 2010]Posted ImageHinamori Amu (casual ver.)[/spoiler]http://chiakiichiyusai.deviantart.com/

#12 Key

Key

Senior CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

@SweepingButler92: Basically, it means single room and double room. It's actually a single bed and double bed, although they use the term "room" or "bedroom", instead of "bed".Likewise, people who're from outside Malaysia would find it cheaper to stay in the hotel, since our currency rate is quite cheap compare to other countries. But, I'm not sure if there's any Singaporeans looking in this thread. Hmm.... *wonders*
Posted Image
Also known as KeyEternal
Ask me if you dunno any html-ing/css. I'm free to help ^^

#13 Victor

Victor

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

To all: This is just a service for those who want it really. I know it's a lil' pricey for most but like all events, we try to make it convenient to those who want such services. Would you believe it if I said the prices are the same as the Net rates but are given priority just because it came from CF? Walk-in rates are higher if you must know...you can check it out if you don't take my words at face value.I ain't being proud or non-friendly, but that's how it is. As much as we want to offer other hotels, we can only go so far in offering what we can get. This is just the beginning of course. I'm more than happy to receive comments and criticism that is well-constructed and not made to just flame-bait/troll.To those who critic but don't appreciate it, I am more than happy to have you post on this thread a list hotels nearby that offer lower rates and to also get in touch with them to get even more lower rates. It is only right that if you do not comment/critic fairly that you should also do something about it to show how it can be done. Of course, it'd be of great assistance to me and all.------------Now back to the original thread: to those who want the rooms, do the needful. Not only do you get complementary buffet breakfast (which you can pass on or sell to your friends who want it) but it's a 5 minute walk away from the CF venue - great location, great convenience for storage or last minute changes. What more do you want beyond great convenience? Also hint, it's big enough to squeeze 4 people at most...you know what that means. You know, I know lar.Cheers!

#14 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

Guys, we're trying to give you options for accommodations. As many have said, it's an option, not compulsory. Thanks to all who defended the committee, as one of them I'm grateful that you guys came to our defense.On another note, if you guys have contacts and can help us arrange sponsorship/partnership deals with other hotels, do let us know! We'd be more than happy to work out some kind of arrangement with them. :) Please PM Victor if you do!

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#15 e-jump

e-jump

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

For the price, that is why Sunway Hotel is rated 5star.Unfortunately for those who stay far away, all reputable hotels nearby are ranged at that price (see Saujana, Holiday Villa, etc)I've help few SG friends to look for a spot, but Sunway Hotel is the best bet because:- you dont need taxi to get to the venue- abundant of food supplies/shop/restaurant/cart- you get comfy bed- if you complaint about anything, they care.- near the FireFly airstripHeck, theres not much backpackers hostel nearby too
e-jump's weblog (☞゚◡◡゚)☞Posted Image

#16 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

I've been waiting for this to come along~!since i'm staying really really FAR from Sunway...(consider Jalan Ipoh/Sentul...gosh, that's far...)anyways, i'll try to negociate with my friends and see...i can't afford travelling back and forth from my house to Sunway for two days......*dies*
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#17 chiaki_saint girl

chiaki_saint girl

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

I've been waiting for this to come along~!since i'm staying really really FAR from Sunway...(consider Jalan Ipoh/Sentul...gosh, that's far...)anyways, i'll try to negociate with my friends and see...i can't afford travelling back and forth from my house to Sunway for two days......*dies*

wow... that's far... (i feel i appreciate on staying beside bandar sunway...)
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay 2010]Posted ImageHinamori Amu (casual ver.)[/spoiler]http://chiakiichiyusai.deviantart.com/

#18 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

chiaki>> yea....*sobs* i wanna migrate near Sunway to make it easier for me....haizz....
-+*~:.COSPLAY PLANS!!!.:~*+-Comic Fiesta 2011:[spoiler=(Warning: Secret Contents)]~Miku Hatsune, "Himitsu Keisatsu" ver. ~OC Hiroyuki Sayuta~OC Iratella Catena[/spoiler]+::TO LOVE IS TO TRUST+~+TO HATE IS TO FORGET::+

#19 sakurawong

sakurawong

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

for those who are looking for cheaper hotel,may be you can consider the the Sun Inn Hotelhttp://www.suninnhot...goon/index.html
[spoiler=]GACCDay 1 - Shishiwakamaru (Yu Yu Hakusho)CF 2010Okazaki Shinich - NANA Group - in progress 85%othersRyotaros - human form(Kamen Raider Den-O) - 55%Temari - shippuden version (Naruto)- Done[/spoiler]

#20 yukino_VKfanatic

yukino_VKfanatic

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

for those who are looking for cheaper hotel,may be you can consider the the Sun Inn Hotelhttp://www.suninnhot...goon/index.html

I stayed in this hotel in 2006...pricing is quite affordable....thanx for sharing the link!! ^^

#21 Vauxism

Vauxism

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

I've been waiting for this to come along~!since i'm staying really really FAR from Sunway...(consider Jalan Ipoh/Sentul...gosh, that's far...)

I've waited for this as well. Take Malacca for instance, much more overkill to traveled back and forth for both days even if it's possible. Fuel, OTW expense, Toll .. cheaper to go by bus but wonder who will.I've looked into SakuraWong's post, the Sun Inns and it look reasonable. I'm not from Sunway so I have no idea of the actual condition/situation/location of that place, more info would be nice .. I mean, from the locals not the website since some info can be far-fetched, no? I want a cheap price but a 5 star hotel services/condition !! Like that would work in reality .. pfft.I'm just going solo so still have no idea on the lodging, I guess I'll just go with the flow.
You just wasted 3 seconds of your life reading this.

#22 sakurawong

sakurawong

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

vausism>>i never stay in that hotel before, so i cant tell you how is the room condition like. The location is just next to sunway pyramid shopping mall, just walk across the road and cross a car park will reach pyramid 2 main entrance.

#23 Ayikot

Ayikot

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

For those who often stays in Hotel would know that :-- The Price is cheap.- December is an Peak season not to say Comic Fiesta is one week before Holiday season.- As mentioned, Sunway Resort is a 5 Star Hotel.We are here to offer conveniences, not to hard sell Sunway Resort.Here's other alternative:-Sun Inn Motel (03-5638 0993)3K Motelthose are about 15-20mins from Sunway Pyramid =) Good luck! and See u at the event soon!
removed due to inappropriate use of obscene languages, yet no harm having you know that i heard she bought 50 chocolate cane candy from ebay and engulf them all

#24 willybudds

willybudds

Junior CG artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

is this offer still on?if yes im interested...my first time making a reservation haha...so i just fill up the form and fax it back and im done ya?thanks for the help guys

#25 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

Bring an extra RM50 if you stay at Sun Inns. Last year my friends and me kena, RM50 extra charge cause it was holidays' period but they never inform us beforehand, either when I call or on their website.Sun Inns rooms are also extremely tiny. If you take the double bed, the bed takes up most of the room, the space is enough for about 2 large bags, so you can fit max 3 ppl in there, not counting your baggage (esp for cosplayers). The family room, which I've been told is already fully booked, would be better cause they have bigger space.Facilities wise they are quite ok for the price they charge. <-- Been there with friends too many times.

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#26 kurochan-hikari

kurochan-hikari

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

I will stay in Sunway like last year~e-jump is right.Although it is too expensive for students,but it offered a lot of convenience to cosplayers.No need to rush because you just need to take a lift then you will reach CF>ww

#27 mkdeniel

mkdeniel

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

According to me, this is very good thread. And also have the great facilities on this site. Although it is a good hotel, but I still think it is expensive, especially when the guests are mostly students. freelancer937 mentioned above, there is a budget hotel, located just opposit Sunway Pyramid, cheaper.

#28 Kosmo

Kosmo

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

According to me, this is very good thread. And also have the great facilities on this site. Although it is a good hotel, but I still think it is expensive, especially when the guests are mostly students. freelancer937 mentioned above, there is a budget hotel, located just opposit Sunway Pyramid, cheaper.

You do realise Comic Fiesta this year isn't held at Sunway Pyramid right :D It's 20+km away from the KLCC which is the venue for this year~

Member of Section 8 (Cosplay, Props, Performance).

Visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook...ction8Singapore to follow our cosplay performances and prop-making!