Photo

Project Harapan//Hope: Malaysian Artists for Japan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

i'd love to join this. Hope I have free time.anyways, please forgive me but I'd like to promote this as well http://blog.rekatee.... ... -in-japan/ :P

#2 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

Sry for late reply, been busy with the project these few days.

is there a limit to how many we can submit?

Is there a limit to how many artwork we can produce? o.o I hope you don't mind seeing DBZ artwork from me yeah!

Nope, but we prefer you give your best in 1 piece instead of serveral rush ones.

How many pages in one doujin?

I not sure what do you mean by that, but we're not calling for doujin entries.

Must we do a doujin or can an illustration do?

So illustration can do?? right??

Yes, Illustration(s). =)

Manga/anime character is preferable but not a must right? Because I just came across this: http://artgerm.devia... ... -201276812though I can't do something as cool as that ^^;

Yes, it's not a must. Maybe you might not achieve that coolness, but it's the thoughts of a helping heart that matters. =) And it's cool enough~

Since it is such a BIG project, I wonder... does it required some "quality" of "level" appoint the submissions? Like, you see, not all of US here is mature in arts. Is there any "rejection" over the submission or not? <-- Okeylah, I just terus-terang jer, I don't know how to pronounce in beautiful English... OTLAnd seeing the first (*) there, does it means acceptance of Fan arts, or only about the drawing "Style" of original illustration, some how the quotation is a bit confusing people to understand....

Just do your best, we won't reject the works, ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE PUBLISHED on our FB GALLERY. While artbook wise, that'll be very depending on our sponsorship and the amount of submissions. If the sponsored amount too little or the amount of submissions are too many, then we have to do some filtering. Sorry for making you confused^^||, as we mentioned above, "preferably of manga and anime characters" in your style, not requesting for manga/anime drawing styles. And it's just preference, you may use any character of your choice.

#3 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Posted ImageCalling all artists who want to do their part in aiding Japan through their post-earthquake crisis! Part of the Pray for Japan Charity Sale (details to be announced later), Harapan//Hope is a manga-influenced artbook and exhibition project planned to raise funds for Japan. We want you and your artwork to be a part of this operation!Submissions will be compiled into a doujin-style, A5-sized book for sale, as well as displayed in an exhibition where visitors can donate towards the relief efforts. All proceeds from the project will go to a charitable organization (to be confirmed) in order to help buy food, water, shelter and other necessities for the thousands of lives affected by the devastating earthquake. We’re also planning to send a number of the artbook to Japan and the Japan Cartoonist Society as a symbol of our support.At the moment, well-known artists such as C2V (Gengkey, Ah Beng etc.) and Tan Eng Huat (Thor, Batman, etc.) have already signed up to be part of this project, with many more to come! What’re you waiting for? Take up your pen (or pencil or stylus) and draw, for Japan!More details will be announced as time pass—we’re confirming the venue of the exhibition and looking for a charitable foundation to channel the funds to. Details* Artworks submitted are preferably of manga and anime characters to show support for Japan* Black/White only. No colour.* Canvas size must be 2480px X 3508px // 21cm X 29.7cm in 300 dpi in either landscape or portrait.* Comments/words can be placed within artwork.* Keep in mind your artwork will be sold publicly, so respect your art and yourself.* In return, please provide us details regarding your art site or online contacts. All credits goes to the artist.* Send all submissions to cf.illustration@gmail.comSubmission Deadline: 26-3-2011

#4 dunk_6

dunk_6

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

I just find out about this...Very interested in Project harapan but dateline aso near...so i can just thanks n support everyone for this!! Gambare Minna!!I can draw too but i dont know the PROPER way to draw for for submitting your artwork...can CF or anyone made a easy understandable discussion or direct me on how to draw from scratch to digital...so that person like me can have chance to submit my artwork in the future..thanks (^0^)V

#5 Senl

Senl

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hi i would like to submit an art work also if i can.Hope to help a bit.Tq

#6 TachiTaka

TachiTaka

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

So illustration can do?? right??

#7 TachiTaka

TachiTaka

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:47 AM

How many pages in one doujin?

#8 Natsu-Pi

Natsu-Pi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

if i'm correct, it'll will all be illustrations compiled in doujin-style, isn't it?oh, i hope i can make it in time..>.<

Yogiicon7-2.gif

Deviantart

Curecos: 184069

Blog

#9 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Is there a limit to how many artwork we can produce? o.o I hope you don't mind seeing DBZ artwork from me yeah!

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~

#10 Kyrill

Kyrill

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

is there a limit to how many we can submit?

#11 yarvessa

yarvessa

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Must we do a doujin or can an illustration do?

#12 yaoichia

yaoichia

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Manga/anime character is preferable but not a must right? Because I just came across this: http://artgerm.devia...murai-201276812though I can't do something as cool as that ^^;

#13 lynling

lynling

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

Erm... just wondering...* Artworks submitted are preferably of manga and anime characters to show support for Japan* Black/White only. No colour.* Keep in mind your artwork will be sold publicly, so respect your art and yourself.Since it is such a BIG project, I wonder... does it required some "quality" of "level" appoint the submissions? Like, you see, not all of US here is mature in arts. Is there any "rejection" over the submission or not? <-- Okeylah, I just terus-terang jer, I don't know how to pronounce in beautiful English... OTLAnd seeing the first (*) there, does it means acceptance of Fan arts, or only about the drawing "Style" of original illustration, some how the quotation is a bit confusing people to understand.... :shock:
Posted Image ╮(﹀_﹀")╭ =3 总之吾已经OUT,燃烧不起来。

#14 Zero92

Zero92

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

wow..deadline next sat...Ive done mine..but hey can I submit more than one? And btw is it ok to submit an edited pic?

#15 kayapao

kayapao

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

* Canvas size must be 2480px X 3508px // 21cm X 29.7cm in 300 dpi in either landscape or portrait.^What does 300 dot per inch means by the way? xD Sorry, don't work with printers etc, just pencil. Dx /ishstupidAnd pencil on paper with chinese ink is ok right? xD

#16 flame13th

flame13th

Time Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

No plans on doing Hope for Libya?

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful."

tmurd8ii4.png

#17 Zend

Zend

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

yes, hopes for other suffering countries, lets not be biased shall we?
-If you wanna have a go, Have it Epic-

#18 KurotsuneDesu

KurotsuneDesu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

I have an artwork of Totoro... i drew it, but I'm not sure it counts as original : PI can mimic images from pictures or other art and put it onto paper...cuz i kinda have problems when drawing my own character... but I'm still practicing to find my own style...So i did the artwork with a pic i found on the web image search... does that count as an original art?My question is... do i have to do my own work or can take the image from other pics and redraw it myself onto paper with pencils and ink?...I really wanna help Japan... the culture there is rich, the people there are nice and humorous XD... so i HOPE i can help them by submitting my work for their recovery, i don't really want credit... i just wanna help :D So can you help me out to do this... It'll be much appreciated : DHere's the original pic... I'll post mine on the FB page once this is sorted out... Thanks http://wallpapergrav.../654/654843.jpg

#19 devilz kid

devilz kid

Pokémon Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

OMG tomorrow's the deadline and I haven't decide what to draw yet TwT

-TheDollyEye contact lens (RM15~RM30) *ready stock*

-2nd hand/new items to be sold!! (Uchiha Sasuke wig, etc..)

Cosplay List:

Spoiler

#20 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

[quote name='"Zend"]yes' date=' hopes for other suffering countries, lets not be biased shall we?[/quote']....let's not bash people just because they pay more attention to Japan than to Libya, shall we?It's the thought that counts in the end.

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~