Photo

Cosplayer Gathering~

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
312 replies to this topic

#31 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

i had nvr been to Shogun b4, can anyone let me know how much is per person? =)i'm quite free end of sept and early october. =) weekdays/weekends are ok too. =)

#32 ilupanime

ilupanime

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Damn otoha~ let's choose the place with better food man, stuff our bellies just like that day in sg.wang. *-*Anyone have the recent price comparison between TGIF & Shogun?Friday's RM30-ishhttp://www.fridays.c.../html/menu.htmlShogun RM50++ ~ RM69 back in 2006/2008http://www.hot-scree... ... t-1-utama/http://www.foodpromo... ... -menu.htmlObviously i'm going to pick Shogun :D
Posted Image

#33 shawn_kazu

shawn_kazu

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

Wani > If I not mistaken, for weekends and public holidays, it's about RM60 per person(adult)... That's what I asked at 1 Utama branch at last 2 weeks ago... I think other branch might same as that price...Weekdays is quite lower than weekends prices, just forgot what price already... If deduct the 30-35% discount, that quite cheap price, you know!! XDD

#34 WeN

WeN

Old Spammer of CF Forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12410 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

well....vivi goes tis gathering.....my body n soul will b there for sure....xPPPP

Touhou_Mix.jpgTouhou is mai lover/waifu ^^

Cosplay Plan:Sig1.pnghttp://wen4896.blogspot.com / www.facebook.com/helperwen 

#35 Kitsu

Kitsu

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

UPDATE:Special Birthday Guests!-vivian (30 oct)-mamoru (22 oct)-masahiro (22 oct)IT WILL TAKE PLACe...31st Oct 2009 at NOON at Sunway Shogun-------------------So so~ Otoha47 had an idea to make a cosplay gathering~ The point of the gathering would be to cosplay, and meet as many cosplayer members as possible, and have FUN of course! \o/Would anyone be interested in this? •3•/)But nene...Malaysia's a pretty big place, so we were wondering where you guys would want the gathering to take place if you wanna take part? Please vote in the poll, onegaishimasu! >3

#36 Otoha47

Otoha47

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

The attendees list names:so the confirmed for now areBeatboxOtoha47Space-chanmechakuchakimi yukitoilupanimeevilkuro_yuki Vivian (unconfirmed n in dilemma)any others?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Junnie

Junnie

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

Sungei Wang will be good for those who can't drive XD (LRT banzai XD)While Sunway Pyramid has more to play with~~^^ (HEY ICE RINK COSPLAYERS GATHERING XD) When will it be~^^?
Pink is the new black yo >W<

#38 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

shit... why you guys STILL doing this??The main point of NOT degrading cosplay is to NOT do stupid things. And to cosplay and parade around shopping mall, THATS a stupid thing.not only you are degrading yourselves as a cosplayer, you are degrading OTHER cosplayers.We want to be COSplayers. not CISplayers.why cant you guys just make a gathering of cosplayers instead?Do you not know that other people who look at 'crazy people' cosplaying and making a havoc/scene will give us impressions for their rest of their lives that these cosplayers that came out are just meh and when they see other cosplayers that didnt go out like you guys we are also a MEH like YOU guys?pleasestop degrading OTHER cosplayers
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#39 ZhangZhang83

ZhangZhang83

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

Man, next 2 weeks will be Anicom events, why dont just do it during Anicom? We can also support others for competition. Anyway, i'd vote for Sungai Wang, but i suggest do this at 6th Sep. OK?

#40 LittleYuki

LittleYuki

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

junjun>>i think this is a great idea of making friends,if u feel tat this gathering is degrading urself as a cosplayer u need not to attend n.n this is just an idea for all of the ppl.we can make cosplay like a fashion like lolitaHow would u felt if we sees a lolita gathering going on wearing puffy skirt and closed minds adults and ppl pointing on us the lolitas girls and say we are crazy to wear those outlolita to me is a fashion,cosplay to me is a hobby and going to be a fashion soon.In sungai wang and TS u can see lots of ppl dressing in weird clothes such as visual kei and loli could i say tat as a degrading for a loli girl and visual kei dresser?i dont think so .Diff ppl have diff opinion,if u felt like this outing is degrading urself as a cosplayer ,dont attend n.n peace over and out

#41 uepu

uepu

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2170 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

LittleYuki >> i dont think cosplay is smthg that can be called as a fashion though you said "is a hobby and going to be a fashion soon"... lolita still considered as a fashion but not to cosplay..as zhangzhang said, better going to sg wang during anicom...and secondly agree with junnie, easy transportation to going there...XD

*+*+*+KONYANYACHIWA+*+*+*

banner-002-360.jpg

+ DA : http://uepu.deviantart.com

#42 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

wow, yuki. VERY GOOOD response. Or maybe was it you or your boyfriend that replied. Who cares.anyway

How would u felt if we sees a lolita gathering going on wearing puffy skirt and closed minds adults and ppl pointing on us the lolitas girls and say we are crazy to wear those out

and you are trying to point what? How ouchie you guys get? Lolita is now a fashion that is widely practiced. to be honest, i've gone thru those insults and to me getting into the shoes of the ones throwing insults, i understand now WHY they point. Because;wrong time, wrong move, and most of the people who are in the unprofessional gathering are overhyped and making scenes.How can cosplay be a fashion? I think you didnt get the concept on what is cosplaying.Cosplay is means Costume play. A small summary. You love the character, you be the character, you are in character and you wear like the character. So lets say you love this character out of the sudden you love the other character and that's a fashion?ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplayand nobody said im attending.You look at Aiko's Lolita gatherings. they are more humble because they have their etiquette. Depending on their own social behaving and stuff. Anyway, we cant mix cosplay and lolita/VK fashion together with cosplay. Its two whole different thing to begin with. I have loads of friends that are VK fans and wore VK like everyday. One day you will snap out of it and regret for being so foolish thinking that you actually look cool walking around in costumes/elaborate fashion. And no, you don't look cool in cosplay parading in malls even if you are in a group. Deny it all you want. Its the truth. You guys look ridiculous parading in malls in costume when you are in character. [EDIT] Because there's no reason for you to be in character no matter how much you love your character when there's no convention going on. Coz you will make yourselves look like a retard.And when one group lets a non ACG person sees that a group of cosplayers are retards.. the other groups that are not in the same group will be judged by the non ACGs that we are all retards. hope you get this equation.And when i mean one non ACG fan will influence to a group of non ACG fans that cosplayers are retards. Its a domino effect.There's a fine line between reality and fantasy.We tend to try to make cosplay as a healthy community for everyone. Not some group of crazy kids dressing like a super hero for no reason. Its like a case of a man not letting go of his childhood superhero; SUPERMAN and dressing up in blue with red briefs walking around the mall with Batman.[EDIT] you find my words harsh or offending. I will not apologize if you terasa because it IS the fact. And taking a 'retard' as an example in my sentence, if you find it offending with this, uh.. i aint pointing at you.
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#43 blood angel

blood angel

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

hm....i am pretty noob in this so pls forgive XDperhaps u guys should reli knw what is the obj of this gathering,i mean...meeting cosplayers n ppl dun hav to cosplay rite.so y nt make it easy for everyone n wear normal casual instead.u avoid ppl staring,u avoid the difficulties of movement in costume,u even save time cauz putting on costume n make up takes time too.u all can still be genki n hype even without costume nt to mention stuffy.hope my advice countsother than i dun find a point of cosplaying in a gathering unless it's for photoshoot,even that u dun reli wan to do it in crowded area as alot of disturbance will occur during photoshooting

#44 Rayray0211

Rayray0211

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

i'm gonna agree with Freelancer here....cuz for me personally i only will cosplay if there is convention going on...if like wanna do some cosplayer outing...sure can...but i prefer casual lah...not in costume...is not tat i cannot tahan public weird looks....cuz most of my friend know i'm kinda crazy person too...but cosplay in mall that dun hv any convention running nearby...tats a nono for me though....plus....cosplay and gothic/loli is a different things...cosplay is cosplay~is playing the role of the character we like...gothic/loli is gothic/loli~is a fashion for teenage nowadays~sometime i will wear punks out to shopping~cosplay on ice??...tats a nono too...y?...i lazy to explain cuz this issues hd been brought up dunno how many times....since there is Anicom next month...y dun juz do the gathering on that time??....well...after the competition and every1 get changed then going to have dinner together~tat is wat we all do every year anicom~and if~if u guys still wanna do cosplay gathering with the costume on...plz do it at own house or friend house~for me i did had a cosplayer private gathering with costume on at Deidara's hse last year and not in public~well~we all change at his hse~so if really wanna do juz do it private~or~juz do it as an casual outing with cosplayer friend...
Finding my Tokito-neko...have anybody see him wandered around??Team Himitsu~~XD~BANZAI~~~~Posted ImagePosted Image>cosplay<>deviantArt<>blogspot<

#45 Key

Key

Senior CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

I would say the same thing. Seconded Freelancer, and of course Rayray:

plus....cosplay and gothic/loli is a different things...cosplay is cosplay~is playing the role of the character we like...gothic/loli is gothic/loli~is a fashion for teenage nowadays~sometime i will wear punks out to shopping~

This is a fact and it cannot be changed. Unless you wanna be the first person to change, then be my guest. Either you're a noob or you're just too smartypants who doesn't know how to differentiate.Anyway, stop flaming and get on to the poll. I vote for Sunway, since it's nearer to my place.Seconded blood angel for casual clothing. You don't wanna look idiot when going out wearing costumes.End of the crap.
Posted Image
Also known as KeyEternal
Ask me if you dunno any html-ing/css. I'm free to help ^^

#46 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

i wont say much but i would like we change it to gathering for cosplayer~at some point i can agree with freelancer and rayray say~also regarding the place~i vote for sunway~even thou that place its too far from my placeand i dun think really want do at klcc or pavilion~but sungei wang~dun really like it there for personally~
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMode:Blur~too much thing @_@Yahoo:ONMSN:ON

#47 Zend

Zend

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

lol, this is rather amusing.. well.. like they all said, lets just make it a gathering for cosplayers and not cosplay gathering.. i mean.. if u cosplay without a reason, then cosplay would be something normal and u'd take the fun out of it >< beeeh, i'm not really making sense but yea, totally agree with Freelancer on this one. And also agree with zhangzhang, go gather at anicom la XD since it's so close already and if u really wanna cosplay and gather, do it there where there is a purpose! =)
-If you wanna have a go, Have it Epic-

#48 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

voted for Sunway. More 'friendlier' lolSg Wang... there's nothing to see there anymore unless you wanna go shopping to me

#49 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Chill guys chill. No arguing each other here k? =)I'll go if this is just a casual gathering. XD I Sunway Pyramid, cause other 3 places doesnt have as much fun as Sunway LOL. ^^;PS: kitsu arent you suppose to be at another country? lol

#50 LittleYuki

LittleYuki

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

my appologies ~voted sunway near my house -v-

#51 Rayray0211

Rayray0211

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

i'm oso vote for Sunway too...
Finding my Tokito-neko...have anybody see him wandered around??Team Himitsu~~XD~BANZAI~~~~Posted ImagePosted Image>cosplay<>deviantArt<>blogspot<

#52 Otoha47

Otoha47

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Ara ara.....guys n gals...it's suppose to be gathering for cosplayers....kitsu mistaken and didnt type it as cosplayers gatheringThis gathering are for cosplayers to get to know each others,But those who wanna bring along their costumes it's up to them,as long as u guys DON'T walk around in ur costumes but to stay in one place taking pix and all.so whoever feels like wanna take photos with their costumes on...feel free to change into the costumes,my frens are goin to provide the changing room there so u wont have to parade or watsoever,It's a portable changing room...ahahahah n_n;;so...dont start to get angry at each other n then start to flame about the topic,..chill, we're frens here,so...Group Hugs!!!~ (hugs everyone)ah...i also voted for sunway pyramid.teh First one~~was thinking of doin it next mth or anytime u guys r free,was thinking of meeting all the cosplayers or soon-to-be cosplayers in here who never shown their face in camwhore thread,so wat u guys think?kitsu kitsu...edit the title later ne~ah yea wani...she's in the states but thinking of putting our ideas here. n_n
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 Kuroi Aki

Kuroi Aki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Sunway Pyramid~~ ;DNot a cosplayer yet~ But will be XD sometime in the future~

#54 Otoha47

Otoha47

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Kuroi Aki>> Kuroi~~ Be a cosplayer this year~~~
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 Yukito

Yukito

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

boku mou cosplayer ja nai ~_~Voted for Sunway Pyramid. IMHO, gatherings are fun :)

Kafra.jpg"
Am I What You See? Or Am I what I Am Trying To Be?"

#56 Sachiko

Sachiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1260 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

voted for sunway pyramid :) Nearer and more funn~ :) I am a cosplayer and I showed my face once in the camwhore thread... XD

1538904_636977553029364_299880901_n.jpg

Hello, from Jane of ElevenTsuki.

#57 Kuroi Aki

Kuroi Aki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Kuroi Aki>> Kuroi~~ Be a cosplayer this year~~~

Ehehe.. Going for lolita 1st :);;

#58 RajRize.J

RajRize.J

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

now since u guys have voted sunway , do organize the gathering . ^_^Anyway , let's not make a fuss about minor matters , and have more reason to have fun . =) . So if u guys do want to make in sunway , why not list down the best possible place to gather , the time or day convenience for everyone . if it's in sunway pyramid . . McD / KFC / Pizza hut is big enough for 10-20 people to fit . and of course , dining =D . Best Cheap Entertainment ! the arcades !! XDDD . Cinema Movies Isn't a bad idea too .There's Snooker centre / Bowling / Archery area to have fun . and justtttttttt forrrrrrrr fun , Someone Sponsorrrr J.co Donuts ! 8DDDD . more reason people to join . hahaha . this is just opinion idea . =)

#59 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

i dun get the hype for donuts =A=lets do it at Pasta De Gohan or Pasta Zanmai!!!Movies is just.. nah. 100% we will be making noise.PIZZA PLEASE! LET'S MAKE ANOTHER CF 2006 AFTERMATH EPICNESS

#60 chabuchabu

chabuchabu

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

could update the 1st post with list of people which going ? so can easily manage the gathering , i guess ?
Posted ImageChabu's Selling Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3481