Photo

BEWARE!!! Con-man in cosplay community

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Oh my goodness. O_O This is a first time I've heard of this. Good luck in searching out the culprits!
Posted ImageCheck out my cosplay pics at my Devart!http://deidarags.deviantart.com/

#2 mirage_cld

mirage_cld

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hi all,It is has been brought to my attention that someone has been using my name to con money out of people.The incident---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have manage to contact a victim who lives in Malaysia after visiting his blog by chance and the following is what he related to me:There is a group of people who claimed to be from Singapore Cosplay Club that have been approaching people in Comic Fiesta 2008 to attend a gathering in Sentosa, Singapore in December 2008. One of the person claimed himself to be me, Clive Lee, the Exia cosplayer. Around 20 people turned up for the gathering and the victim was persuaded into giving my imposter holiday in the victim's home country in exchange for my mecha costume making blue prints.The victim paid for lodging, games, spa, movies for the group of con-men(4 of them, 1 of them is my imposter) and he was given 2 pieces blue print which was ripped from the tutorial and translated into Chinese. The victim was cheated of around RM2000.Unfortunately, the imposter refused to have any photos taken. But from the victim's description:"- this "clive" that i meet have a tattoo of a women/maiden playing a harp on his left back side, i observe when he was changing cloth at one time- this "clive" person also have a "rabbit tooth"...his 2 front upper teeth have tendency to pop-out - one of this "clive" friend have newly sewn stitches on his left chest.- this person also look older than he claim....i estimated around 30-ish- this person cannot converse or write well in English"The victim contact the imposter through the following e-mail:mmclarks001@yahoo.com.au ,malikabiru0405@msn.com,prettyhalima@live.com---------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have reported this to the police but they told to get more evidence. Anyone who has gone to this gathering to Sentosa/heard about this gathering during your visit to Comic Fiesta 2008, pls do contact me with as much information as possible.As of now, I do not know if anyone else has been conned in my name. Please be warned of this imposter and help circulate this message to as many people as possible to prevent more victims from getting conned and me from becoming a criminal. Thanks.Clive Lee

#3 ashed_dreams

ashed_dreams

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:11 AM

Oh my gawd... 2k also need to con? =_=" crooks these days are getting cheaper and cheaper.
Posted ImageMonster Hunter Cosplay Adventure Group |http://forums.comicf...php?f=15&t=2973

#4 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

I find it a bit hard to believedue to someone actually willing to pay 2k for cosplay costume blue print.well, seeing how people are conned of big amount of real money in online games, I guess I'll buy this one too.
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden