Photo

What is wrong with her face?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 SunAndClouds

SunAndClouds

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

Yes something is efinetly wrong with her face... but what??? Help? >__<Posted Imagewhat should i do to fix her?? or mayb its her hair?? @__@

#2 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

I would say the most noticeable problem is the philtrum, the shading there is too dark which reminds me the laughable Adolf Hitler mustache.the hair is too stiff and unnatural, it looks like she use a lot of gel to style her hair.her face looks flat and the smile is dull, you should study more of human's face feature and put more thoughts into the picture.like:- why is she smiling?- who is she smiling at?- what is she thinking?- what are you trying to tell with this picture.
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#3 SunAndClouds

SunAndClouds

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Yea... wel is there anythign i can do to fix the flatness of her face?

#4 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:44 AM

the basic highlight and shading, use more layers of shading to bring out the shape of the cheeks, eye sockets, nose and chin.highlight and shading is not only used to show the position of the light source, it is also used to show depth and shape.get a clear photo reference to study how the lighting and shading works.
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#5 porkchop

porkchop

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:10 PM

nice drawing...i think add more puff to the cheeks should help

#6 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Actually, I think it's more of the face's perspective.The face is facing a bit off from the rest of the head.Try drawing the right eye smaller and extend the bridge and nose and mouth further left.Also, the neck... make it reach to the cheek at lest, not til the chin.Hope it turns out ok.
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#7 choyuki

choyuki

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1505 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

great drawing~^_^ i think is cos the eyes aren't similarthe right eye[her left] shouldn't have that much white below the pupil :)and the eyebrow try do longer and maintain same arch as the left eye [her right]since she faces a bit to her right, [our left]the sizes of eye also must adjust accordingly ^.^
Posted Image
click for my DA
i offer art commissions, and i sell
handmade hats, plushies, craft etc

cosplay plans:
Kirakishou- Rozen Maiden true 7th doll [done]
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Namine-Kingdom Hearts 2
Tohsaka Rin -Fate Stay Night

#8 chiaki_saint girl

chiaki_saint girl

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

the angle of the eyes a bit wrong..... try to edit.
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay 2010]Posted ImageHinamori Amu (casual ver.)[/spoiler]http://chiakiichiyusai.deviantart.com/

#9 yoko-chan

yoko-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1669 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

Wow. Is this supposed to be a potrait of yourself? XDMaybe you should highlight the cheeks.... and the hair. Do it like your display pic. =3When you finished editing, you should post it here. We all wanna see how your pic improved ok?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

A very good job... :Dnot much to say...most have been mentioned ^^;;just wanna say the nose looks a bit flat...and her head seems to come out of her shirt which is w/out any collar(whoa O-o?!! a ghost maybe... XD j/k XP)add shirt details if you thinks its appropriate...just my opinion :)I agree with yoko~chan. Do post your pic here when it is finished edited ^^
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#11 TeddyTales

TeddyTales

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

Well the right eye looks a little bigger while her hair is kinda stiff and one of them is "tied up" looks as though it's gonna break...
Posted ImageInterested in: Anime♥Manga♥Cosplay♥EGL♥Miniature Collectibles♥Gundam♥[spoiler=Cosplay Plan]- Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji)- Madam Red (Kuroshitsuji)[/spoiler]

#12 ShinKaiZen

ShinKaiZen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

- Eye sizes are not balanced. The right is a little big.- No skin tones & shadows on the face. Even if you have (I noticed it), it is too transparent. You need this to show the skin's depth.- The cheek obviously looks flat.- The hair... Looks great but you need to consider the lighting direction.Overall, it is a great work!

#13 pursuerofdarkness

pursuerofdarkness

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

I would say the most noticeable problem is the philtrum, the shading there is too dark which reminds me the laughable Adolf Hitler mustache.the hair is too stiff and unnatural, it looks like she use a lot of gel to style her hair.her face looks flat and the smile is dull, you should study more of human's face feature and put more thoughts into the picture.like:- why is she smiling?- who is she smiling at?- what is she thinking?- what are you trying to tell with this picture.

I thought I might add to this, you need to identify your light source so that you can plan the shades accordingly.

#14 yukimi90

yukimi90

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

streshimashhh~~~in this case, do u by any chance, draw this based on pic or something? bacause if thats so, then do refer to that pic, the answer is all in there ^^if not then i'll consider this as portrait, realism (errr not manganime) so, i must say realism is hard! XD so ah, im not that pro, so this is only from my point of view k ^^-try play with lots n lots of colours, green, blue, orange etc, color is good ngeh ngeh-about the haiir, i think u can make it more detail... a bit more realism... perhaps several hair went out (wth am i saying! sori! im so godamnit bad in eng, hope ya understand ahhahaaaa)-same goes to lips, play with colour more ^^ here's an easy tut for semi-real lips http://cgart4u.devia... ... orial&qo=3n this one, see the colour she use for lips... so damn many hahahaa http://atramina.devi... ... orial&qo=4 n this one who luv bright color! very eye-catching to me http://lavah.deviant... ... orial&qo=4ermmm hope this is useful for ya ^^ lets work hard!!! yoshhhh!!! but im not into the realism style XD

#15 Nadiah

Nadiah

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

eyes and nose and definitely angle probs
Posted Image