Photo

*am really a noob*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

Seriously when I see arts like this, it made me curious. How do cg such amazing style? Please teach this newbie 8) Art credits to Hakuku of Da
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 neu

neu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Copy a drawing from an awesome artist... and you got the skill... Simple...

#3 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

copy?! these type of arts are not easy to be copied! I mean, the art itself doesn't have the outlines! Well, its not very visible but its not easy! And to copy these arts, the chances are close to zero. I just want to know how to cg such style....

#4 iwashi-kun

iwashi-kun

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

tsubasafan>> hrmm, maybe by experimenting and using braver colours and braver strokes? XD im oso a newbie lol. refer the colours from the drawing to practice, i guess xD

#5 Firnheledien

Firnheledien

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

It looks like the artist built up strokes from just quickly laying down colour blobs to define the composition. Then he refined it by erasing, adding highlights and bringing out the details.Some artists work directly with colour. But this piece looks like it might have been done in B&W first (to block out form and contrast), then the colours added at the end.

#6 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

firn>> o.O!! wow! i didnt knew it @@ thanks for the info!

#7 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

If you really want to be like that...1. Do Not Get Too Satisfied At Your Current Work, it kills your chance to improve.2. Listen To Critiques, you kill your chance to improve if you want to play blind and deaf.3. Have Pride In What You Are Doing, have quality control4. Don't Give Up, everything ends with itthen, it's down to meeting a good teacher and your style preference, not to mention lots of experiencing.heck, giving out ways to do it is pointless if you are not going to go as far as that. Equivalent to tell you how to beat the final boss of a video game but you don't have the patience to sit through the required part for the final boss.
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#8 polychaete

polychaete

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

I had the same question when I first started drawing. Unlike you I was too stupid to ask on a forum, so I had to find the answer the hard way: through hours and hours of research. The reason why there is no outline is because the artist used Tone instead of Line to define form. Illustrators use line to show the shape of something, painters have to rely on tone. Notice the face and the neck are two different tones? That's how they look separate even though there are no lines between them.In my opinion Tone is difficult to master, I've been working on it for months and I'm still not very good at it. So my only advice is don't give up. Here's a tutorial I found on how it's done:http://www.itchstudi...psg/art_tut.htmHere's something that covers most of the basics of shading (and other stuff):http://www.alexhays....th a Pencil.pdf
ADVANCED LIQUID METAL REACTOR!!!

#9 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

For stuffs like this, I suppose observation really helps a lot, eh? :roll:When you observe, do not forget to try doing it as well. You might not end up as good as what you observe, but at least you learned some new stuff - as in where to put what in your work.I started with this and am really thankful I did.

#10 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

honoo> ah! I see! but sometimes I dun get by observing so I would ask na? thanks for telling me that! will try to learn to observe carefully!poly>> omg, you're not stupid if you managed to learn on your own! I am more stupid as I don't really really know how. but still, thanks for telling! after seeing carefully, i noticed there's really two different tones even if its just a 'line'. and thanks for the link! will try with the tut!

#11 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

ah that kind of artwork.i've done something like that before (but did not complete) as practice. most of them are halfway done, and from that practice I can predict that the style in the artwork u show can be achieved by using SOFT CG. go look for tutorials (the one polychaete gave is useful as well).u may not see the outline on that one, but in that soft CG method, you do need an outline to make the tones. don't rely on select tool (i don't have to tell u to just erase the colours that goes out of the line). Outline is in another layer, while the colours are all in one layer (risky ne?)u just need the patience to achieve the style u wanted to copy. experiment with soft CG techniques and you'll discover many ways to control it.

#12 porkchop

porkchop

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

great teachings.....i am learning too

#13 LaMarionette33

LaMarionette33

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

we;ll i really wished i could be like that somehow.. i aslo have my own DA

#14 CSKok

CSKok

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

another hand, try... ermmm.. think lots n lots n lots~~~!! >.<" that's wad i did now n then~~ haha'sCREATIVITY & IMAGINATION too play significantly important roles in drawing~~
>.<"._.">~<"T^T"^-^"

#15 CSKok

CSKok

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

lols.. though i've been drawing for three years since.. *excluding my childhood.. XD * well.. i DID learn myself with much guidance from mother nature.. yes, mum nature herself.. by doing observations often~~ if u have doubt in anything u wanna draw, Google it up.. den see de image n try copy it at 1st.. slowly, u try to re-angle it, thus, making it originally from u.. haha..
>.<"._.">~<"T^T"^-^"

#16 sakura0104

sakura0104

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Well, usually looking through tutorials would help other than observing / learning from other people > w <

#17 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

vulpine>> I see. I've always thought they're not soft cg @@ and having all colours in one layer are VERY risky...but I can try it out 8Dpork>> let's learn together-gether~ 8Dcskok>> i see. will try to draw more of my surroundings to learn 8Dsakura>> will look for the tutorials! 8D thanks for the suggestion~

#18 dante3

dante3

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

[quote="tsubasafan"]vulpine>> I see. I've always thought they're not soft cg @@ and having all colours in one layer are VERY risky...but I can try it out 8Dthats why this kind of art takes alot of time, patience and pratice. experiment with the photoshop's history tool. and snapshot tool. snapshot is like a save point. a save game.