Photo

Earth Hour‏ 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 Aiko

Aiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Dear all,Vote Earth For Earth HourWith the goal of 1 billion people switching off their lights as part of a global vote, Vote Earth is a global call to action for every individual, every business and every community. A call to stand up and take control over the future of our planet Earth Hour, sponsored by World Wildlife Fund will be taking place on Saturday, 28th March 2009 at 8:30pm. Weâ??ll be joining tens of millions of concerned citizens and corporations in calling for action to save our planet for future generations. Make a statement about the fight against climate change, and sign up to participate. You can learn more about Earth Hour at www.EarthHour.org,or www.EarthHour.org.my (on Malaysian locations that will be voting for Earth), and you can sign up to participate at www.EarthHour.org/signup. Spread the word. All it takes is a flick of the switch for an hour in support of the environment.

anyone else here is joining this event? Me and my family totally support on this =D

#2 ame-chan

ame-chan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

Already sign up for it!!!!!! me n my whole family!MINNA!!!! PLEASE SIGN UP TOO!!!! SHOW THAT WE CARE BOUT OUR BELOVED MOTHER EARTH!!!

#3 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

are we preparing sum light show for the astronauts or sumthing living out there?
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#4 NKDF

NKDF

Otaku CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 1608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Registered!! XDDont forget to switch off lights on 28th March 2009 for one hour!! XDLet's cool down the earth and ourself.SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, SAVE THE WORLD :lol:

If you can't find me here, find me in these links instead:

FB : https://www.facebook.com/narukids

dA : http://narukids.deviantart.com/

#5 bakapiko

bakapiko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

I'm begging my mum to do so. :] She's giving in! YAYY! SAVE ENERGY, SAVE EARTH. :XIgnore that lame statement above. LOLs. 8DDD
Posted Image

#6 Junnie

Junnie

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Still begging my family to do so XXXD BUT I'M IN XXXD!
Pink is the new black yo >W<

#7 maru_sama8

maru_sama8

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

i dont F***ing care. LOLS.no lah, sign up already and try to make the world a better place!Now plan is to post the poster at the school!!!

#8 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

Whee~ Total support! =3But why must sign up? O_o Can't we just turn off the lights? XD

#9 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

me will just the light off~yami rules^^
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMode:Blur~too much thing @_@Yahoo:ONMSN:ON

#10 Ice_Kim

Ice_Kim

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Yeah. y must sign up? i will turn off d lite for more den 1 hour i think n,n" when i'm sleeping

#11 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Matsuo, Ice_Kim, the idea behind Earth Hour isn't just the act, but the registration to tell world leaders that we mean it. That's why they're aiming for registrations.

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#12 yayai

yayai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

Switch off the lights only rite? but I can turn on my TV, air-cond etc...XD
(__/)(='.'=) Bunny is currently amuse by your level of immaturity.(")_(")

#13 Naoko Kensaku

Naoko Kensaku

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Yayai, try to switch off as many as you can. I'm switching off my lights, but keeping my fan and my mini lappie on. I'll most likely switch off my PC too (if I switch off desktop sure use lappie)

geminianeyes.gif?w=1&c=1&bb=lwZV95ca5c54c4dc6878ac825e926e033ce4.jpg

#14 Ice_Kim

Ice_Kim

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Oh i.c. Hey but d website is too laggy. Approaching zero possibilities in managing to reach d website n sign up wif d damn slow internet in dis Matrix >,<" So i guess i'll juz turn off d lite for my whole dorm XD

#15 Cappy Phreakyfish

Cappy Phreakyfish

Gundam Meister Wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

Suggestions on what to do during Earth Hour:1. Organise an Earth Hour street party with your neighbours2. Gather family and friends for a night picnic in your local park and look at the stars3. Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight4. Organise a treasure hunt in the dark5. Take the dog for a night walk6. Have a candle-lit bath7. Sit in the dark and share stories8. Organise a family night playing board games9. Share a romantic night in with your loved one10. Upload your â??on the nightâ?? photos and videos to flickr and YouTube respectively, and then add them to the respective Earth Hour flickr group (http://www.flickr.co...hour2009global/) and the global YouTube Group (http://www.youtube.c...earthhourglobal).copy+pasted from urlSo what will you guys be doing? =) Anymore suggestions?

#16 NKDF

NKDF

Otaku CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 1608 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

1. Test ur bravery, i forgot the name in japanese, but japanese ppl usually play it to test if they brave enuf 2 walk alone in the middle of cemetery, eto...yakidamoshi...? argh!!! forgot!!2. If got telescope, then go peeking on the stars find which is ur zodiac shape ^^3. will update when i suddenly got new ideas ^^

If you can't find me here, find me in these links instead:

FB : https://www.facebook.com/narukids

dA : http://narukids.deviantart.com/

#17 VIS91

VIS91

Hannibal Lecter's secretary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

i ish in 2.... WEE!!!! XD but i'm only turning off d lites, coz i need d fan...o_____0

#18 na-nani-ni

na-nani-ni

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

gonna stock up on the candles >83prolly imma go do sum voodoo when lights out moahahahahhaahahah

#19 Fishie-chan

Fishie-chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights *plays the Natalie Furtado song* xDD

#20 YuanCross

YuanCross

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 632 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm turning off the light as well.... Planning 2 play Utada Hikaru-sama's music 4 the whole hour while doing so~~~~XD
:+:Some people believed that the future has been written since the begining of time:+::+: Others believed that we have the power to change our destiny:+::+:How about you...?:+:JOIN NOW: .hack//G.U. group for year 2011!!!!!!!!!

#21 Alan Chin The Sniper

Alan Chin The Sniper

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

The day getting closer and closer...When the light and electricity down...It is time for a music session at the dark!
Weapon : EOS 1D, EOS 400D, 580EXII, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 , 70-200mm f/4L USM, 50mm f/1.8 II , Phottix Strato flash trigger, Battery pack for 580EXII

CLICK MY BLOG! --- ALANCWL.COM , I share everything here

#22 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Naoko > Ohhhh~ Thanks for the explaination~ =DWheeeee~ Can't wait for Saturday night! X3I'll probably bump into walls!!! YaY!!!! =D

#23 mE_

mE_

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

bought the tshirt to show support! >.< planning to take a stroll outside here with friends during earth hour xD
I need a new siggy orz[Help mE clear out my stuff and earn mE some desperately needed cash .:here:.] Q_Q I'll love you forever <3 (Currently selling various drama/anime DVD/VCD.comics.novel. and a vest.dress atm. more stuff to be added up soon o/

#24 Alan Chin The Sniper

Alan Chin The Sniper

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

I planning go to KL Tower and shot with my DSLR to see the whole KL in completely darkness...
Weapon : EOS 1D, EOS 400D, 580EXII, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 , 70-200mm f/4L USM, 50mm f/1.8 II , Phottix Strato flash trigger, Battery pack for 580EXII

CLICK MY BLOG! --- ALANCWL.COM , I share everything here

#25 yensheng

yensheng

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

Just did Earth Hour Publicity Booth setting this morning.Going to switch off all electricity and stop watching anime for an hour, hehebtw, the T-shirt sold out dAlanChin>> i was planning to do so, since malaysia 1st time participation. Do you know any nice place to shoot? I thought KL tower is also going to shut its electricity.

#26 Key

Key

Senior CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

Why don't you go to the place call Lookout Point in Ampang? You can shoot panorama, the whole KL town. Though I doubt you can, cus it'll be completely dark.Hmm...you gonna pitched up higher ISO lower shutter speed to shoot?I don't know near where, my friend went there once and told me the place. I was not with him at that time.
Posted Image
Also known as KeyEternal
Ask me if you dunno any html-ing/css. I'm free to help ^^

#27 -xHainex-

-xHainex-

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Our school teachers hope us to sign up. So I play the role by signing up and turn off the lights.Besides, My school selected my class and few other Science classes to join in the campaign by wearing green. ^^We can wear emblems of earth, T-shirts with 'I love Earth' font or even just wear green.So give our support in saving the earth, everyone!! ^^
Posted ImageCant you hear I said please wait for me?

#28 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

hehe ^^me and my family is gonna participate in the event XDalso...there's suppose to be a taekwondo practice tonite...so we'r gonna do it in the dark XPcool ehh... Pxlets join thhis event guys!! support earth!!^^
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#29 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

i signed up last week~donno what to do tonight thou, plan to go for a violin session with my teacher~will off everything except for the light, if not how am i gonna read the note? lol~but i'm off my room so i will switch off everything also well yea~butler, better dont kicked ur friend's face in the dark. xD

#30 daigotiga92

daigotiga92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2292 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Juz done sign-up ~
Posted Image