Photo

Sketches for Self Publish Comic Project

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

After 4 years without drawing. This is the design sketch I done for my coming original comic.The main character's name is Anka. A very common and un-interesting main character though.The storyline will be about school girls, magical, battles, some cute mechas. (sounds common huh?)So far, I've done the 80% dialogues for the story in Chinese. Now squeezing my brain to write the ending.70% Character design done on sketches. Will start to draw the story beginning of March.will be around 12 chapters, 500~700 pages. Hopefully can be done b4 CF09.I'm an amateur. Still considering wanna print it or not. If the finishing artwork's quality is good, I might search for sponsors to print it out with higher quality.Hope to see more constructive C&C here. Thanks! :mrgreen: [spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]

#2 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

I'm cutting all the side talks and straight into the point, so if I sound rude, excuse meI would suggest you to concentrate your strength into 3 or less chapters unless you are now a very free NEET(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET) or have a proper manga team on standby. 12 chapters around 500-700 pages is a very reckless task for a one-person production. Can you still promise the quality like what you posted now, within such short time and such large quantity?anyway, if you insist, you got 9 months time minus time you spend on other things to finish everything, tick tok tick tok, get going, time is ticking
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#3 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hmm... come to think about it. Yeah, you do have the point. Thanks for your reply. It's really helpful to me. I really can't cram up 3 pages a day (which is the minimum pages needed to finish up b4 CF09). Seems like i need to restructuring my plan... ;)

#4 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

Added some sketches. Written some dialogues. I can't really sketch more than 2 pages per day... TT_TTWill ink it and shade it using photoshop. Still saving money to buy a tablet. Sorry for the scan quality, somehow I've tried to increase the contrast. I sketch it light so that it'll be easier to ink them.hmmm... seems like I can't display larger image.[spoiler=General Plot]The title will be <>Story about a young White Technical Magician (Anka), being selected to transfer to the best White Magician school at The Heart of Sacret Fountain [Place name].[/spoiler]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Looks good! Though I do agree that 700 pages is so stretching it. Even full professional manga teams churns out 19 pages/week, which ends up about 3 pages per day. Will it be inked?

#6 Fishie-chan

Fishie-chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

Thats reli nice! I like the way u draw the gears in the clock and the setting (last page) Cant wait o see the inking one^^ Good luck to you too!

#7 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Ezel-sama> Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I've changed my plan... TT_TT I'm not a pro, unable to even finish 3 pages per week. Yes, this will be inked and toned in photoshop. Though, my inking quality still very amateur.Fishie-chan> Thanks! Good luck to you too.Here's the inked 1st page... after 4 years without touching my tablet... TT_TT. C&C really needed. May be I can put the dialogs bubbles to cover up the "not so good looking" parts... :PI only ink the outlines by hand, all the toning done using photoshop.Posted Image

#8 Fishie-chan

Fishie-chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

OAO After inking, it looks way better naa. And not to mention neater too^^ *falls in love with the gear* XXD

#9 takayukiryuu689

takayukiryuu689

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

lookin forward for the manga ^^
FAte Stay Night Group Updated For ComiCFIesta10! List to cosplay 2010;Alter SaberKaitolist of cosplay 2011;Angel Beat-TKAr Tonelico 2-Croix BratelTTGL-KaminaVocaloid-KaitoKaichou wa maid-sama-Usui TakumiD.Grayman-Labi ver3

#10 -riCe-

-riCe-

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

nice work~! keep it up..me looking forward too ^-^

#11 chiaki_saint girl

chiaki_saint girl

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

looks good. keep up. looking forward to this.
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay 2010]Posted ImageHinamori Amu (casual ver.)[/spoiler]http://chiakiichiyusai.deviantart.com/

#12 heyjean

heyjean

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

you know what, your sketches are fantastic~
Posted Imagehttp://www.cosplayshow.com/god helps men,men help themselves/