Photo

Gempak is losing its Gempak-ness?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#1 Amex_Yohko

Amex_Yohko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

When I saw the latest issue of Gempak, I just shake my head seeing most of its comics. I also think "what will happen to these guys anyway?" It is undeniably lose its popularity but I can say that comic is better if compared its 2001-2002 issues when that time Gempak was full of one-shot comics that made by some losers or emo kids who don't have anything like they made comics about the fall of humanity. "Nobody cares about me and I'm going to kill you all...In my comics anyway!" I'm tired of these idiots. Thankfully the recent issues no longer have comics like that and more serial ones. I knew these guys are manga and anime fans but they should not overusing that styles. Just look at Gila-Gila and Ujang and look to their success for many years. They have their own syles. Maybe Gempak need some improvement if it want its Gempak-ness.

#2 gundam_sniper

gundam_sniper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

yeah thought so.i once fan of the GEMPAK magazines.but since 2004,Gempak feel downed a bit.its true nowadays mny stupid-ass kids sent their tasteless comics to b published in gempak.and its rly2 annoy me!i dont wht happened to the publishers but im not the one tht blame them all.juz dissapointed wif it quality.i rly2 hope gempak will last forever bcoz it was the only magz brings all bout animes,comics n games scene in mainstream arena successful.im oso anime n manga fans but try not overusing the styles.
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

#3 vivian

vivian

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9926 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

gempak a bit boring ady compared to last time. the comics in there are not quite interesting..

#4 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

I kinda stopped buying Gempak since a year ago because somehow I feel like the information they give are not really that informative and the comics there are...kind monotonous and predictable already, so I got bored. I agree that they lack the GEMPAKNESS already.
My DeviantartPanpurin ProductionLife would be much cooler if they let me start life at noon..

#5 gundam_sniper

gundam_sniper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

to b honest,me oso hv stopped buying Gempak 4 2 years already.thrs no point 4 me buying gempak if the info given is not as GEMPAK as i predict.why they become like this??

#6 destructorv1

destructorv1

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

i knew it is starting to suck, mostly its showing ghost-like stories, yup, they can censor boobs cleavage, smoking and ass revealing, but they wont censor their art of a monster ripping someone's head off. i also dunno if their doing it with passion.i last time quiz someone, 1. do you read gempak? yes2. do you like a certain story/comic? erm...3. how bout your favourite character? ...... thats the response, i'm not kidding, they gotta find out what is lacking. Ohh and as i mentioned above, i'm sorry to say, really i'm sorry to say... but... drop the censor, it looks pathetic to censor something when they already are showing a lot more worst situation in the comic

#7 vrempire

vrempire

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I still buy Gempak. If not, what other alternative that I have?anyway, some of the comic is worthwhile to read many times such as from Nizam Bachok.Where is Mat Gempak anyway (that bald yellow like Digi guy)?

#8 miyavi honey

miyavi honey

The Low Profile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

well of course most of us stop buying gempak already cause we're getting older, but still kids and teens buy it, cause you know why? they need the information cause most kids/teens dont have internets at home like most us (college/uni students/adults) have which we can just surf it up. and another thing is our taste had change, we've seen better so we switch, but kids/teens havent yet. so not all faults go to gempak ya know, cause their targets are kids/teens of course! so gempak are following what they like, and not really US...

#9 destructorv1

destructorv1

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

heres a bright side.i usually go to singapore to check out their local comic industry, and you know... its.... kinda not existing there, reallymany people will think that they are stronger, but thats only when they see strong opponents like artgerm or something, we're talking bout local comic magazines, something like Gempak. There were some, and then they just vanish, never to be seen, i bought those mags just to keep them, hoping for some to succeed, but time after time i go back there, its extinct, another one comes in, extinct, then another. then i never heard of one.So heres a bright side for Us Malaysians, at least Gempak is something. Comparing to the negative reply on the post previously.

#10 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

what happened to C2V and Apoh anyway? I miss their comics D:
Posted ImageCheck out my cosplay pics at my Devart!http://deidarags.deviantart.com/

#11 gundam_sniper

gundam_sniper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

yeah me too...

#12 flame13th

flame13th

Time Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

Stopped buying any Gempak related stuffs years ago.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful."

tmurd8ii4.png

#13 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

i think me already stop about 2 year ago...since they much give some info which is sometimes a false info~
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMode:Blur~too much thing @_@Yahoo:ONMSN:ON

#14 Ay_Ike_Jay

Ay_Ike_Jay

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

huh.. i wish the old school gempak ppl come back like apoh n c2v.. their story line is da bomb!like what miyavihoney said.. gempak is more for thge kids... so just go with utopia(?) still.. i do think they are lacking with the manga from their artist.. it's just that almost everyone had the same stroke ady.. so boring lar.~~~~~ that's y now im more with kreko.. lolz...
...orz..really? OwO...-troller in training-

#15 azuremeia

azuremeia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

None of the comics there interest me anymore...Except for the information given in there...I only buy when there's something new in there... like games or stuffs. That's all..I also think Gempak has lost its Gempak-ness.
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans for 2010]Sango (confirmed) - 0%Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken) 2P ver. (confirmed) - 0%[/spoiler].:facebook:.|.:deviantart:.|.:friendster:.|.:blog:.

#16 afiqdharma

afiqdharma

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

i second this
meet my band:

desu!

http://www.facebook.com/akibapunk
http://www.youtube.com/akibapunk
http://www.twitter.com/desuofficial

#17 takayukiryuu689

takayukiryuu689

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

i've stop buying it since...3 year's ^^but i really wish to read C2v comic *me alway's read it ^^ *
FAte Stay Night Group Updated For ComiCFIesta10! List to cosplay 2010;Alter SaberKaitolist of cosplay 2011;Angel Beat-TKAr Tonelico 2-Croix BratelTTGL-KaminaVocaloid-KaitoKaichou wa maid-sama-Usui TakumiD.Grayman-Labi ver3

#18 OneWinged

OneWinged

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

i seldom buy gempak nowadays.. no money & due I can finish the whole mag less than 30 minutes
my sephy got objected by Edgey~~~Posted ImageDeviantart- DreamTeam - LifeJournal

#19 vivian

vivian

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9926 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

i bought graphic novels better than gempak...easier...apoh and c2v really great, both of them brought up the gempak-ness..unlike now

#20 Ching

Ching

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Well to be honest, I used to read Gempak magazine before & I used to like it due that it's the one of the legendary Malaysian Comic ever in the history. But untill now, I no longer found it interesting anymore since there's no more nicer art to read....What happened to the legend anyway?
REACHING YOUR TRUE GOAL & HAVE FAITH WHITHIN' YOU.My Galleryhttp://chingsruna.deviantart.com

#21 destructorv1

destructorv1

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

nicer art isnt something for me, its the story, and this is seriously a big issue to Gempak, its the same freaking story, and gross jokes are not funny if made too much, yet their recycling it again and again. this always reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog, he was awesome at the start of the sega age, and then comes now, they start making crap, putting him in an olympic game, juggling him around, turning him to a slow were-hog. the magic isnt there anymore.

#22 Ching

Ching

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

Gesh, the only thing that I do know 'bout is Gempak is givin' more details 'bout further terms of anime & manga. I would give a credit 'bout Gempak accurate information so the Malaysian would understand the whole term. Hopefully the magic & tricks of Gempak shall return to impress everyone...I just can't keep reading a common comic with too much of humor or even boring stories.(Except Kaoru, Oga & wish to expect Clay ones.)
REACHING YOUR TRUE GOAL & HAVE FAITH WHITHIN' YOU.My Galleryhttp://chingsruna.deviantart.com

#23 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

are u sure about that =_=i dont thing so....there have tiime GEMPAK give some wrong information

#24 uzukinokaze

uzukinokaze

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

hmmmm.. i used to buy them every fortnight too... i loved xansievera (or something like that.. sorry T_T) and kaoru and ben...i agree with an earlier post about the changes in taste.. anyways now i keep seeing sponsored comics by a certain telco company popping up in gempak.. ^_^ (and usually they are very dissapointing and IMO a waste of space and an insult to the artists talents...now i buy kaoru's comics directly (kaoru's cake house etc) and ben's (le gardenie etc).. saves me money plus i juts get the parts i want.. XD
Posted Image

#25 Natsu-Pi

Natsu-Pi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

*hands up*totally agree!!!! they sum kind of boring a bit. some of the information were oeredi old...but we should support them. wituhout them, who we are at the 1st place,rite?ganbatte gempak!!!!

Yogiicon7-2.gif

Deviantart

Curecos: 184069

Blog

#26 mamoru_sama

mamoru_sama

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

hmm...that for some people like u...me from the start me get info from kreko and arena...plus me pretty much can handle information gathering~just reading gempak coz my koihai buy it(me live at dorm when secondary school)

#27 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

*hands up*totally agree!!!! they sum kind of boring a bit. some of the information were oeredi old...but we should support them. wituhout them, who we are at the 1st place,rite?ganbatte gempak!!!!

I wouldn't agree on blindly supporting Gempak regardless it is awesome or not, it only gives them the illusion of their works are still attracting people like it used to be. Because of this kind of supporters, your Gempak continues to lose it's Gempak-ness.Isn't winner who win because of given handicap is despicable?
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#28 Natsu-Pi

Natsu-Pi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

i did not said i support gempak wholly...but i do start wif gempak to be honest.so what i'm saying here the old gempak is far better than the latest. nowadays i'm rarely buy gempak.juz read when my imouto buy it. haha

Yogiicon7-2.gif

Deviantart

Blog

#29 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

well...maybe the GEMPAK's original crew isnt working with it anymore..so i guess the new one's dont know a thing abt anime and stuffs they just add what outside ppl send to them...
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#30 Natsu-Pi

Natsu-Pi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

yeah...i'm started to think bout it...now not many artwork from the old crews and artists...the drawing from the new artists kinda messy and sumtimes lame...ha...i really need sumthing new to read...*truning back to english novel* (T_T)

Yogiicon7-2.gif

Deviantart

Blog