Photo

Hayate the Combat Butler (ハヤテのごとく!, Hayate no Gotoku!?)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hayate the Combat Butler (ã?ã?¤ã??のã?とく!, Hayate no Gotoku!?) is a Japanese manga series, written by manga author Kenjiro Hata, about a boy who starts a new job as a butler and the events he experiences with his employer. The manga is currently on its sixteenth volume in Japan. The English edition of the series has been licensed by Viz Media for distribution in North America. The style of the manga has a comedic gag with a slight harem feel and constantly breaks the fourth wall. The series includes references to other anime, manga, video games, and popular culture. An anime adaptation of the manga started airing on April 1, 2007, and ended on March 30, 2008 on TV Tokyo. A second anime season of Hayate the Combat Butler was officially confirmed for production by TV Tokyo on the official site on March 31, 2008, and in Shōnen Sunday volume eighteen, released on April 2, 2008. Another such announcement immediately followed the ending credits of the final episode of season one. On July 4, 2008, Bandai Entertainment announced that they have licensed the anime series.SummaryHayate Ayasaki is an unlucky teenager who worked since childhood to make ends meet due to his parents' irresponsible behavior. One day he finds out that his parents ran away from home, leaving behind a massive gambling debt on his shoulders. While running away from the debt collectors, he ends up meeting Nagi Sanzen'in, a young girl who is the sole heir of the wealthy Sanzen'in estate, and due to a misunderstanding, Nagi ends up falling in love with Hayate. After he rescues Nagi from some kidnappers, she hires Hayate as her new butler.Aside from performing his ordinary duties as a butler, Hayate must fight to protect Nagi from harm, a difficult task as her life is always in danger because she is the target of other individuals coveting her family's fortune, and sometimes deal with some extravagant requests from her, oblivious to Nagi's true feelings for him.MangaThe Hayate the Combat Butler manga was first serialized in the Japanese shōnen manga magazine Shōnen Sunday in May 2004. The manga is written and illustrated by Japanese manga author Kenjiro Hata. Viz Media announced they acquired the rights to publish the manga in North America and released the first volume on November 14, 2006. English translation is done by Yuki Yoshioka and Cindy H. Yamauchi; English adaptation is done by Mark Giambruno. The latest volume, 18, was released on January 16, 2009. Over ten million copies of the manga and other Hayate-related books have been sold as of January 2009.List of Manga Chapter
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#2 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

Currently reading up to chapter 110, if I am not mistaken :PButler with Unlucky levels over 9000 =DActually I'm kinda worried how this thread will progress o dear Butler-kun, it might be only the two of us replying in this thread >_>

#3 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Currently reading up to chapter 110, if I am not mistaken :PButler with Unlucky levels over 9000 =DActually I'm kinda worried how this thread will progress o dear Butler-kun, it might be only the two of us replying in this thread >_>

*chuckles* i assume u read it on MangaFox, right ?hehe..i too am as unlucky as him...though im on level 10 xP*sigh* yeah..i feel the same thing too .___.
looking cool does have it's drawbacks...Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay Plans]~Hayate Ayasaki (HnG) 90%~Allen Walker(D.GM)~Edward Elric (FMA)[/spoiler]: Blog : : FB :

#4 Kilmasis Arcanium

Kilmasis Arcanium

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

I read thish too!zomg I like Nagi xD xD (yay spam post)
Posted Image

#5 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

@ Kilmasis: Welcome to the band :D@ Mr. Butler: Nope, I read it on OneManga :Plet's be the brave men helping this thread flourish! =D

#6 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Kilmasis >> lol xD who doesnt i'd like to ask XPKarite~kun >> try MangaFox...they got it tila about chapter 200 O__oits about Hayate's past ^^lol i second to that statement XD

#7 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

I just read 1st book... found out that it's a bit.... may be bored for me. I didn't continue after that.

#8 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

I just read 1st book... found out that it's a bit.... may be bored for me. I didn't continue after that.

well...yeah at first it starts 2 get boring...but try keep reading...it gets better ^^

#9 Hejime

Hejime

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

haha... not just gets betterbut hayate gets himself into so much more complicated condition ;)

#10 uzukinokaze

uzukinokaze

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

i just started reading this~ :3its a funnny read, but somehow i dont go crazy bout it .. ehehheh..his parents are the main souurce of humour for me.. (in the first few parts) XD they took his paycheck and sold him off? XD its really a wonder he survived this loong.. -__-"
Posted Image

#11 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Main charactersHayate Ayasaki (綾å´? ã?ã?¤ã?? ,Ayasaki Hayate?) Voiced by: Ryōko Shiraishi Hayate, sixteen, has had to work to support his parents' bad habits since the age of eight, always moving from job to job, as he is fired when he is discovered to be underage. Hayate's dad is unemployed and his mother is a compulsive gambler, which leads inevitably to their bankruptcy. They abandoned Hayate after attempting to sell his organs to the Yakuza to ease their financial burdens. Without many choices left to him, Hayate decides to hold someone for ransom. He finds a girl, Nagi Sanzen'in, and tells her that he would "like to take her away". However, Nagi mistakes his words for his confession of love, and Hayate ends up employed as Nagi's new butler. Characters in the series continually remark that Hayate looks poor and seedy. He believes that everyone hates him except children, though he doesn't think of children as being anything other than friends. Hayate sees Nagi as a little sister that needs to be looked after, and is oblivious to her romantic feelings towards him. He has occasional romantic feelings towards Maria. Despite his terrible luck, Hayate lives up to the title of "combat butler" as he is proficient in repelling attacks from almost anything, including other butlers. He once demonstrated skill with fire-arms and is essentially invincible. He is also continually teased throughout the series as being physically feminine, and Nagi and Maria constantly dress him up in dresses and women's clothes. Regardless of what he is wearing, most people claim that he "looks poor"; even Nagi and Maria won't meet his eyes when they assure him that this doesn't matter. Nagi Sanzen'in (ä¸?å?é?¢ ã??ã?® ,Sanzen'in Nagi?) Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya Nagi, thirteen, is the only heir to the Sanzen'in fortune. She is a tsundere and has an otaku-level hobby with manga and anime, and draws her own, very strange, manga, called Magical Destroy. She is good at finances and likes to learn. She has a pet tiger named Tama, who has somehow gained the ability to speak like a human being. Neither she nor Maria is aware of this, but Hayate has found out. She has a crush on Hayate, and, since meeting Hayate, has acted on the misconception that the feeling was reciprocated, thus she is very jealous of him. Her only surviving family is her grandfather, whom she doesn't like for reasons that are not entirely clear. She regards Maria as a mother or older sister figure. Nagi is afraid of dark places and has a history of making potentially lethal mistakes when cooking. She is very nonathletic and not as familiar with the real world as she should be. Maria (ã??ã?ªã?¢ ?) Voiced by: Rie Tanaka Maria, seventeen, is Nagi's maid and surrogate older sister/mother. She plays the voice of reason in the series, and is the only one who understands the problem between Hayate and Nagi. She appears to be the one running everything in Nagi's manor, since everyone including the head butler and the SP either obeys or fears her (or both in some cases). She is good at general housework and likes games of all kinds, though she is deathly afraid of cockroaches, which she refers to as "the dark life-form that exists in the kitchen and other places". She has no last name because she was an orphan who was found next to the statue of St. Mary at a church, which she is named after. The day she was found, December 24, is celebrated as her birthday. She has seen Hayate naked several times, and she sees the effect he has on other girls, many of whom are attracted to him for his kind nature. Despite this, she is completely oblivious to Hayate's romantic interest in her. Maria is also legendary throughout the school for having graduated from high school at the age of thirteen, in just three years, while maintaining the position of Student Council President throughout. She has also won numerous amount of awards while holding the best grades in the school's history.

#12 Kilmasis Arcanium

Kilmasis Arcanium

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

Nagi is lurve <3
Posted Image

#13 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

haha... not just gets betterbut hayate gets himself into so much more complicated condition :D

not just complicated...but weird too as well XD[spoiler=part of the story]remember the time ojou~sama wanted a rare fruit and he had to fight the "magical tree" which somewhat amazes me that the tree looks like gilbert~san O-o[/spoiler]

i just started reading this~ :3its a funnny read, but somehow i dont go crazy bout it .. ehehheh..his parents are the main souurce of humour for me.. (in the first few parts) XD they took his paycheck and sold him off? XD its really a wonder he survived this loong.. -__-"

lol too true xD[spoiler=on how he survived ths long]go to mangafox and read hayate from there...they got the chapters that explains how he got his awesome-ness xD[/spoiler]

Nagi is lurve <3

lol we got a nagi luver here xD

#14 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

With the recent chapters released in MangaFox, many people in other forums are discussing about the stone(which is know as the Kings Jewel) that Mikado gave hayate during this chapter.[spoiler=Mikado gives Hayate the jewel.]Posted Image[/spoiler]It is said it has the power to open the gate to the Royal Garden[spoiler=Royal Garden]Posted Image[/spoiler][ Will edit more on this...]

#15 chiaki_saint girl

chiaki_saint girl

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

luv this show! support it!!!
Posted Image[spoiler=Cosplay 2010]Posted ImageHinamori Amu (casual ver.)[/spoiler]http://chiakiichiyusai.deviantart.com/

#16 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

An awesome series,Too bad that it focused TOO MUCH on A-tan at current moment,But the good thing is,The EoTW part 2 arc finally finished and they FINALLY went back to Japan after almost 50 CHAPTER!!!!And Nagi is a awesome,I'm glad she's my master xD
Posted Image

#17 SweepingButler92

SweepingButler92

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

An awesome series,Too bad that it focused TOO MUCH on A-tan at current moment,But the good thing is,The EoTW part 2 arc finally finished and they FINALLY went back to Japan after almost 50 CHAPTER!!!!And Nagi is a awesome,I'm glad she's my master xD

Yeah well, they DO have to focus on her now...Since their story(Hayate & A-tan) is a tragic one. Still the newest chapter is a change from serious back to comedy XD[spoiler=]Doesn't Hinagiku look kawaii with donkey ears? XDDD[/spoiler]

#18 Kilmasis Arcanium

Kilmasis Arcanium

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Nagi over A-tan any day.Then again, having both would be nice...
Posted Image

#19 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

So,Anybody reading the latest chapter?Its chap 305 right now.
Posted Image

#20 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Scratch that, its chapter 346 and nobody replied -.-"
Posted Image