8 replies to this topic

#1 Ensu7

Ensu7

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

Just wondering, I noticed that some of my favourite artworks at devART seems to incorporate this certain 'abstract and dreamy' style. Case example:-- Kidchan- Kunisaki- Toonikun- ZeivaIs there a technique can be used to achieve such an ethereal masterpiece? I am not an art student, so I would really appreciate it if someone would kindly explain to me about the design and maybe the links to some tutorials on creating the abstract effect. Many thanks in advance. ^_^
Ensu7 + deviantART = EnsuMas

#2 Pepper

Pepper

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

lol first be open-mindedsecondly dont be afraid to ask like what you are doing now which is goodthirdly just like the first one be artistically open-mindedif you cant do any of the three things we gave you,even if we spoonfeed you, you wont even know how to eat it

#3 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

basically all you need to do is:-draw something-decorate it-don't think too much, just keep on decorating-when you think "OMG! This is so pretty/fantasy-like", then you're almost there-sign your name, walarh! you can stick it up wherever, there are lots of people who like pretty stuff, just wait for the pageviews to roll upokay, enough with the joking part, basically it's about telling things very very indirectly in drawings, for example, when concrete art uses a picture of a girl to describe a girl, abstract art might uses a splat of water to describe the same thing
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#4 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

Boredom. Lots of it, I do the same things in my art work; half the time it comes from a certain 'high' I get after inhaling too much marker fumes D: BUT I'm not going to advice to get some Mary Janes and smoke up XDBut seriously though, to get that effect, don't THINK about how it'll turn out, just go with the flow and let your hands to the work :> That's how most symbolists and abstract artists work, they don't think or imagine in their head, they just go with what they're feeling :>
Posted Imageich liebe nicht dich, meine frau, aber vielleicht werde ich eines Tages.

#5 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

do observings on related arts and everything around you (esp natures) and do more asking around.IMO, abstract art is more like a perspective of the artist in how it looks at certain things, so it's important to 'seeing', 'looking' and 'understand' of your subject matter.

#6 Ill3h

Ill3h

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

Let your hand do the "thinking" :>
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Last_knight

Last_knight

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Let your hand do the "thinking" :>

This, with bells on. If I wanna draw I just doodle without thinking then see if it looks like anything then add detail. Not saying its good but hey!

#8 KouYoona

KouYoona

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

abstract?? Hmm... The human are still distinguishable... So, Its more of a mixture... Well, abstract is not my thing anyway... I prefer to perceive things as it is.. XD
http://pics.livejour...00rg4s/s320x240Where is my One Ok Rock concert Ticket?!!òωó

#9 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

That doesn't really have a technical aspect to it. Free your mind and just draw. :>

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users