Photo

Bakuman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:32 PM

Has anyone read this manga? Frm the Obata Takeshi, the creator of Deathnote, Hikaru No go and etc and the writer is Tsugumi Ohba. Story on how hard is like to be a mangaka. I really learn a lot after reading the manga actually, like whats a "name" etc. So what do you think of this manga?
My DeviantartPanpurin ProductionLife would be much cooler if they let me start life at noon..

#2 FalseHero

FalseHero

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

So what do you think of this manga?

"It's great!" is how I would describe it but I still can't say it's addicting~

I and the public knowWhat all schoolchildren learn,Those to whom evil is doneDo evil in return.

Sound of Fanatism | Me DA | September 1st, 1939 | N'AFI

#3 princelingcat

princelingcat

ʘ‿ʘ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

It's looking good so far (Ohgod, Mashiro and Azuki are so cute~). It's not addictive, but it's on its way to becoming addictive, haha.Action-packed without being... action-packed.... That didn't really make sense, but yeah. That's what I think.

syn @ facebook | tumblr | dA
warning: unexpected use of sarcasm may occur.

#4 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

Me and my circle of friends have only one word for this manga: AWSUM.

#5 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

syn>> LOL I can understand what you mean by action packed by not action packed..the was Mashiro draws his manga is seriously life a life grueling battle.
My DeviantartPanpurin ProductionLife would be much cooler if they let me start life at noon..

#6 princelingcat

princelingcat

ʘ‿ʘ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Tzezumi>> Haha, especially in the latest chapter, na?Plus the part where Takagi smacks the heck out of that guy. (The one who puts down Mashiro's art style, I forgot his name.) SOME ACTUAL ACKSHUN. O:

#7 MaX

MaX

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

Yup, the latest chapter was nice :)I was just thinking that Bakuman is a nice way for those that draw comics/want to become mangakas to get a reality check to see they have what it takes to become a mangaka. That, I think, is the main draw of Bakuman.

#8 iMarr

iMarr

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

I really like it because of what MaX said... ;ww;TAKAGI GETS EVEN MOAR COOLER WITH EVERY CHAPTER <3333syn >> i just call him the guy who draws the crappy looking loli-girls. >__> seriously. hate him.i would like the girl who everyone thinks takagi is dating with ((iwase (sp?))) to have like a super cool personality and prove takagi wrong about her being dumb. ): she kept on appearing last chapter, hahahaha.
Posted ImageSooo... SPM over.It's boring.

#9 princelingcat

princelingcat

ʘ‿ʘ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

MaX>> You hit the nail right on the head. 8DbMarrmarr>> I DO NOT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT HIS ART >____> LOLIS DO NOT MAKE AN AWESOME ARTIST KTHX. And fff, manga style has evolved, hasn't he heard the news or is he still under a rock~?... shutting up nao ahur.And lol YES. 8D Super cool personality do want prs /o/

#10 iMarr

iMarr

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

syn >> ;__; i almost typed 'marr' instead of your name... REPLYING TO MYSELF? D
Posted ImageSooo... SPM over.It's boring.

#11 gundam_sniper

gundam_sniper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

i only read the 1st episode (in KREKO)...and fall in love with this manga.obata sensei is the best!
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

#12 Xan

Xan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

OMFG! THIS THREAD EXIST!!!! I wanna stalk you gais..plish....*runs*I love Takagi Akito!!!!!!!!! xD xDSaiko Shuujin <3 <3 Did anyone noticed....that Saiko always calls Shuujin...Shuujin? As in like...Goshuujin..xD xD
I totally just wasted 3 seconds of your life >D

#13 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Chapter 11 is out. [spoiler=]And the love triangle was hilarious..school days..so naive..I agree in the chief editor, the story has to be interesting!!![/spoiler]

#14 kumaTARO

kumaTARO

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

His style ish...so aweesomeeeee! It looks very serious tho, but at least you can spot a few gags in the manga!
Posted ImageマシュマロIはたくさん好む!

#15 noodlez

noodlez

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Yup, the latest chapter was nice :)I was just thinking that Bakuman is a nice way for those that draw comics/want to become mangakas to get a reality check to see they have what it takes to become a mangaka. That, I think, is the main draw of Bakuman.

I am really addicted to this series. And yea, this series do teach me that I really need a whole lot of effort to make fanarts or comics. Can I really succeed?I encourage all forum members to read that series. It's worth every minute of your time.
Posted Image

#16 animangacraze

animangacraze

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

Its worth a reread even if it is not completed yet. Whle reading Bakuman, I have a feeling as if the Obata Takeshi and Tsugumi Ohba wanted to tell their own personal experience. Anyway, they manage to blend a lot of life lessons as well.The art itself is another aspect worth mentioning. It seems that there is a slight difference in this artwork compare to other series but I can't really figure it out.So, all in all, there is one word only>> WIN.

#17 DeidaraGS

DeidaraGS

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

This is definitely going into my top manga list :) Very interesting story,and I'm totally looking forward to more chapters!
Posted ImageCheck out my cosplay pics at my Devart!http://deidarags.deviantart.com/

#18 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

This is already my must to be read manga... The story line doesnt get bored & it is always getiing more & more better in the story line any drawing... now is the da update where Miho got the job already
Don't ever dare saying something you don't dare to do !!!

Que Bee Ozairs
STR: 1 DEX: 3 CON: 1 INT: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 2
HP: 10/10