Photo

Why do you draw?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#1 polychaete

polychaete

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

I noticed that lately I'm drawing some decent stuff, but after I'm done and I learn everything that I can from the picture, I just rub it away. It doesn't matter how good or bad the picture is, everything is gone. (I think writers call it 'killing your babies') So it finally occurred to me, why am I doing this? I remember my lecturer once telling me that all art must have an audience, but lately nobody sees whatever I draw.(Except a few scientific drawings of insects and other slimy creatures)I used to do it for a while to get praised or at least try to fish for some appreciation, but now I feel like that's useless (and unhealthy). After some thinking, I believe I found an answer: I draw because it makes me feel better. I just enjoy moving my hand around and seeing illusions of objects on paper. It helps me calm down. Okay... in short it's because i SYOK SENDIRI! There... I admitted it...So why do you draw?
ADVANCED LIQUID METAL REACTOR!!!

#2 karasu

karasu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Hi there, come show us some stuffs =),I love to look at all kind of artworks!! abstract, paintings,sketches etc. Don;t be shy sharing is caring! well to break the ice!let me give you a link to my little gallery! here is my deviant art.kara5u.deviantart.comit is just my humble little art shack! feel free to check it out! i will try to update it often! i find it a hassle to do all this uploads and postings. I falling behind the internet generation =(.....to cut things short.... i love the feeling of drawing too! shiok! =)

#3 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

When I draw, it is naturally because I want it to happen. I don't draw when I don't feel like it.So that explains why I do. Because I want it. :3

#4 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

I draw to express myselfI draw to attract attentionI draw because I like itchoose your preferable answerhowever, I don't draw because others ask me to
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#5 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

I draw cos i like it.sometimes i draw to convey certain messages... be it about how i feel or something funny.

#6 Jlene

Jlene

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

I draw because i am bored and to express myself (even if it's not what i think it is.. ). But drawing it's like part of my life.. i just can't stop when i feel sad or happy.
.('__,`)<[DA.]. [TE.]. _ _| Hey you, poke me tummy will ya?

#7 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

I draw because I have a couple of stories in my head.I want to flesh them out, create their world, visualize the concepts I've created for that world and hopefully, eventually letting people read them and enjoy them.I want to start the story. But I've still yet to find the time and a comfortable place to start it.So, til then, I polish my drawing skills now and then.It also helps my D&D group to visualize monsters, situations and terrains I've set up for them.You can say I'm driven to it, as it's the most efficient method to convey a "message".
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#8 karasu-deathman-crew

karasu-deathman-crew

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

why i draw?i cant even think i why i draw it just hapen like thati did nt draw by force i draw at my own will
'im no hero, never was, im just old killer, hired to do some wet work' (OLD SNAKE)Posted Image

#9 Pepper

Pepper

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

why i draw?coz i like drawing ma, is that a good answer? :D

#10 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

I love drawing. o3odrawings fun.

#11 FalseHero

FalseHero

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2089 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

I draw to let people see who (or maybe what) I am~How my ideas make sense and what kind of perspective did I see this world with~I draw to remind myself of who I am- who I was~Lastly, I draw to kill my time XD

I and the public knowWhat all schoolchildren learn,Those to whom evil is doneDo evil in return.

Sound of Fanatism | Me DA | September 1st, 1939 | N'AFI

#12 kazuri

kazuri

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

back then, i took it seriously in art....in all my life I just draw just to get the attention/praised/etc....but I never really. I keep asking myself, 'why do i keep on trying?' even though nothing good ever happens.now drawing is just part of a hobby just to pass the time.end C:

#13 toushirou10

toushirou10

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:44 AM

Why I like to draw?Quite a good question..........I was a person who having problem to express in words= =So I used "drawing" to represent what I feel, what I am.............but I hate been forced to draw,.......why? becoz those artworks aren't present whay I am, and I actually doesn't know how other's people expression, so.......Is hard to get any ideas to perform on my works

#14 akira

akira

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

i emo i draw XD therefore i can't draw nicely lol...
shall i put a signature too? XD

#15 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

I draw to escape my real world, as a protest on what I'm suppose to achieve in the future. Sometimes as a tool to expose my real emotion, creating a new world for myself. Sounds kinda lame somehow.
My DeviantartPanpurin ProductionLife would be much cooler if they let me start life at noon..

#16 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

urrrri get mad i draw *drawn in anger*if sad...i cry and i drawif happy i draw happily if hyper...i draw non-stop till i drop deadi love drawing coz my mom, my uncles are all natural artist...my brothers are the same but un different types of artit's a way to express my inner child feelings and i love goth & lolitas SQUEEE!!!!

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#17 connman

connman

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

God gave me the gift to draw so I'm using it for His glory...

#18 Ensu7

Ensu7

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

I draw to procrastinate from finishing my homework. ^^;Most of the time, when looking at mangas or fashion mags, I might find an interesting style, fashion, pose or some element that I like, so I'll try to taught myself to drawing it out.I also draw to avoid myself from thinking about morbid stuff, especially when I'm feeling down. I'll throw in stars and smiles and pretty bishies to make myself laugh and swoon. Anything but sinking in self-pity.
Ensu7 + deviantART = EnsuMas

#19 amirulaqbar

amirulaqbar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

i draw to survive from my mom =.=
:D

#20 cikgu

cikgu

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

I've been drawing since I could remember....no PSP or PS2 back then. :D I draw because I want to tell a story. And to express myself....SHOCK Sendiri is also in the equation :)
COSPLAY AND PHOTOGRAPHY .... MY PASSIONS AND LIFEBut Photography is all about the PHOTOGRAPHER not only the CameraMy Photos(LINK)DR DOOM RUMBLES COMIC FIESTA 2005AND DR DOOM WILL RETURN TO RECLAIM HIS CROWN COME CF 2011

#21 willowhippo

willowhippo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

there's just something that is really satisfying when i see a finish drawing. i love that feeling. i love seeing that i'm getting better everytime i draw. i draw because that's the joy for my soul ^^

#22 LaMarionette33

LaMarionette33

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

i draw because ps 2 is send for repair~and for fun

#23 kumaTARO

kumaTARO

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

I draw for alot of reasons. I draw because my hands itch to draw. ALL THE TIME.I draw because I can :DI draw because of the attention.I draw because I want to improve.I draw because of a friend. If you want to know why, just read the spoiler.[spoiler=]She died at 18 after 2 years of struggling with bone cancer. We were a group of otakus who can draw well and of the four of us, I'm the only one wanting to be mangaka in the future. She had no idea of what she wants to become though. I smsed her throughout the whole month since she was declared terminal. She stayed home with a life support system since the doctors couldn't do anything anymore. She drew and drew and drew at home to forget about the pain she's going thru. I SMSed her the day before she passed away. We talked about stuff..about friends and maplestory..and I can tell that she's in so much pain. Yet, she doesn't want to stop texting me when I told her she should rest. She asked me, "Miinru(YES, she calls me by my IGN in maple, she's kinda funny sometimes :D) you are to be a manga-ka?" I replied , "Yes and I'll do it for you. Please don't give up hope yet k. I'll give you poccoyo if you stay strong." After a long 50 minutes, she replied "Sorry for the late reply. I am having difficulty breathing." and then another short reply "I'm glad we were friends. I'm glad you'll do it for me. Gambateh!" and that was her last message to me. I replied "Thanks, and I love you too :3 bwahahaha *totysmiles* (@xo) Is james with you now? OMG breathing problem?? I'm totally coming over tomoro!! Ask a doctor to come over now!!!!" She never replied. Later at night, I prayed to dear god "Dear God, please please hear my prayer! I have said this a thousand times before, but please give strength to my friend Sharon Yap..Please!! Take away her pain Lord! Take away her breathing problems, heal her Lord!!!" Then I sat down and cried. "Amen." At 1am, her brother called me and to announce her death. I was struck in the heart and I cried some more. I loved her more than a friend. Now she's gone? She stopped breathing at 8.45pm, chinese new year eve. Rest in Peace, Sharon Yap Shu Wen. I will continue this chapter of my life for you, that you'll be smiling down at me from heaven. Her DA > http://shironu.deviantart.com/[/spoiler]
Posted ImageマシュマロIはたくさん好む!

#24 kchikage

kchikage

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

I like to draw because I feel like giving life to my character in the world I created. I feel very satisfied..hehehe~~~ :twisted:

#25 vivian

vivian

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9926 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

hobbyinterestinheritance

#26 vivian

vivian

Lifeless CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9926 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

i draw more and morecz i wont feel satisfied with my artworkeventhough ppl says its nice

#27 tara-linn

tara-linn

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

Maa~ My reasons to draw(or any other form of art)are mostly the many basic reasons why everyone draws as well~ To express myself~To attract attention.takes away the boredom or as a stress reliever~makes me happy~Drawing enables me to create something~bring to life or capture something I want in whatever way I can.So these are a few of the reasons why I started drawing xD But it was 1st mostly influence~
Doctor Steel for World Emperor!CF 2009 -Pedobear helmetz.

#28 slarky82

slarky82

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

i also like to draw!^O^demo talking about y like draw i dnt know nyuuuuuuuuu~~~maybe bcause i like it

#29 Coppelia

Coppelia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

Why do I draw? Good question.I usually draw whenever I'm stressed or I'm freaking out over something, so I need to vent out my anger into creativity instead. ...on other times though, I have a Muse Bunny hopping in my brain and my hands are itching to just sketch it out. So I just do. =)
Posted Image

#30 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

Well, I was influenced by my sister.. since than I love to draw people and continue with creating character and etc etc..Drawing kinda make me special than other classmates as I'm not a brain maniac =3