Photo

Why do you draw?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#31 Goldsickle

Goldsickle

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:20 AM

I don't know why I draw anymore.The only reason I continue drawings are due to the demands for commission. But outside of that, I don't really enjoy drawing. None of my drawings ever look good to me no matter how much people like them. I grow depressed with every drawing because they never look "complete" for some reason.
BioSyok-No Gods, No Kings, Only Syok.

#32 overtu@n_laharl

overtu@n_laharl

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

i draw because i wanna draw...so people can look at my art.....in the end....i notice that no one in reality looked at my artwork....so i just post it in the net.....glad that someone would look at it....thats why i like to draw....even though im not satisfied with my works....most of em are not completed due to that feeling....ntah hapa aku ngarut....

#33 Zeru

Zeru

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

I draw because my friends draw. Quitted at standard 6, just started this year, am form 4[2008]and am trying to improove my drawing skills and colouring.besides that next year is SPM year, so im jz gona draw in my free time, instead of playing online games -.-" which i wasted like..4 years on

#34 MaX

MaX

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Hmm, I draw for my self-satisfaction most of the time. Sometimes, just looking at other artists' work that I like makes my hands itch to try my hand at drawing something like that. It's also a form of self entertainment, so why not?=)

#35 takayukiryuu689

takayukiryuu689

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

i draw because i promise a person....
FAte Stay Night Group Updated For ComiCFIesta10! List to cosplay 2010;Alter SaberKaitolist of cosplay 2011;Angel Beat-TKAr Tonelico 2-Croix BratelTTGL-KaminaVocaloid-KaitoKaichou wa maid-sama-Usui TakumiD.Grayman-Labi ver3

#36 OneWinged

OneWinged

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

I draw a smiling face whenever I felt down or to kill the time
my sephy got objected by Edgey~~~Posted ImageDeviantart- DreamTeam - LifeJournal

#37 Daisuke

Daisuke

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

The reason why i draw??.... :?: eer that seems like a really general question....mainly because it is like asking...why do we eat??..., why do you choose this career path??.... as well as why do we exist??....but anyway....just for curiosity and information..... :D i draw because:- 1) i love to draw...2) It's my overall passion...and my hobby3) It destresses me....4) Able to express myself....So yea....that's about it i guess....i can't think of anything more than that.... :?
Captain Kenpachi: "So what are u saying? That we should hold hands,smile and fight along side each other?" (Bleach eps 179) My Deviant >> http://www.daisuke7.deviantart.com

#38 yunahime

yunahime

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

When I was drawing sumthing..it's represent my feelings at that time..which I'm the only one who knew wat is the meaning of that drawing..I dun even know when I started to draw..LOL!!! But it's a part of my life which I can't avoid..^^
Posted ImagePosted ImageBeautifull summer for the spring..

#39 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

Why do I draw?Because I'm not a writer, but I have stories to tell.Because I'm a person living in society, and I have my opinions on matters at hand.Because I'm emotional, and I need a healthy outlet.Because the voices in my head need a place to live :>Because that's what makes me, me!And also, it's fun to draw your friends and boyfriend on epic adventures that are really just exaggerated day-to-day outings XDD
Posted Imageich liebe nicht dich, meine frau, aber vielleicht werde ich eines Tages.

#40 Ching

Ching

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Here are the reason why,I draw 'cause I love to drawI draw to become a part of the legendary comic artistI draw despite to be a part of the miricleI draw so I can having as more creativity as much as possible &I draw it's because I like art....
REACHING YOUR TRUE GOAL & HAVE FAITH WHITHIN' YOU.My Galleryhttp://chingsruna.deviantart.com

#41 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

I started drawing because I wanted to draw the characters that I like from TV like Sailormoon, Dragon Ball, Doraemon, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast -etc While drawing them, I imagine some random story in my brain.As I progress and keep drawing, I lazy to draw fanarts already and I started drawing my other stuff. I beginning to like to express myself through drawing and you know every time you see amazing artworks, makes you feel like you want to be like them, to be able to produce artworks that a lot of people like. Drawing for me is a way for me let out and have fun. In summary, I just want to syok sendiri also XD haha Such a naggy reply lmaoz XD

#42 destructorv1

destructorv1

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

why i wanna draw? hmm... what can i sayIts a habit already, haha! when games are boring, surfing the net gets dull. all i see is my pencil and paper, so... my mood immediately drives me to draw.Then there is also my goal/dream i'm pursuing. So well. i push myself to my very best in drawing from there. eheheh!

#43 Fishie-chan

Fishie-chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

I draw bcuz i m relli interested in arts and well, drawing can sumtimes take my mind off things or may make me think more clearly. Its a bit hard to explain XD But I lurve drawing too bcuz I can express myself more clearly by it^^

#44 Umina.Bisu

Umina.Bisu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

I draw... because I have so many stories in my brain but I'm unable to write it down since my vocabs in whatever language are week. The only best way to express my stories are by drawing it into a comic... >_<""

#45 eLLe

eLLe

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

I draw....to express myself...and also bcoz I have a feeling that drawing is my thing. I just draw and draw. Never stopping. Everytime I sit in front of a blank sheet of paper, a pencil and eraser, I just start drawing. I feel happy when I draw. :oops:
~One rule to be normal is not to be normal~

"Let Me tell You something, Bastard. Never forget what YOU are, the rest of the World will NOT. WEAR it like Armor and it can NEVER be used to HURT You"
-Tyrion Lannister

#46 nakamura_kun

nakamura_kun

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

I draw when I'm suddenly stuck with a bolt of inspiration at times~ XD like,for example,there's a game i'm rilly psyched about,or ther's a great anime including characters that i like & love,so that'll get me to draw~ XD & yea,it also helps me to relax in times of stress too...I wud usually draw & study at intervals to keep myself from boredom during studies...XD it might sound lik it ruins my concentration,but it works for me~ XD

#47 DreamWalker

DreamWalker

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

I draw to "bring-out" the imaginations from my mind.[ Examples such as characters, story & scenes. ]Is fun drawing because you can bring out an imaginary character to reality! ^u^
Dreams do not vanish, so long as man do not abadon them. + DreamWalker's Sanctuary +.: DA

#48 uzukinokaze

uzukinokaze

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

hmm.. i like drawing.. i want to improve, i wanted to be the best (yeah i know ^_^) but i cant remember why i want to get better at it.. -_-
Posted Image

#49 kayanat

kayanat

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

What's the best Illustration Software for a beginner with 0 drawing experience? I'm trying to get started designing "paper goods" for baby showers and expecting moms (ie: shower invited, announcements, favors) and I have no experience with drawing. Is it possible to find a basic illustration software that will help me create my own "characters" or artwork ? or should I stick with stock photos?

#50 aislereverie

aislereverie

hobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

i draw cause there are some things i cant express it out so i draw them outwhen i get stresss or sad i tend to draw something same as my feelingnot to mention blood [or tears]i also tend to draw out my imagination[that turned out ROJAK -.-]hahai just like to draw but no good at drawing biys at alli wish i could to a shoujo manga one dayxD1st must learn to draw boys [coz everytime i draw boy it look like girl ;-;]

#51 chiaki89

chiaki89

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

i draw since 5 years old....why? i also dun knw at the beginningnow,beacuse i love to draw!XD

#52 inreality

inreality

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

i draw because.. well, art is one of my main interests! it's like every picture puts together one silly random story, and when i draw, i always challenge myself to be even better at it. i just draw whenever there's time and when i feel like it.Drawing also expresses yourself, so sometimes you feel a great deal lot better than before. it's like you're confessing something in a way that only you can understand. ^_^

#53 neu

neu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

I can't stop my hand from drawing... I dunno why... When there are a pencil, paper... and eraser for optional... I'll start drawing...

#54 Chiru

Chiru

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

hmm i guess drawings just what i love to do i guess.... don think there's a why in drawing just a when you feel like it....

#55 masquevale

masquevale

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

most of my ideas is in visual, I tried typing it out but I couldn't express it as good as in drawing.

#56 OneWinged

OneWinged

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:53 AM

I once reply to this thread "I draw a smiling face when I down" but now...Most of the time I would say if something or a theme catches my eyes, I'll draw em.The actual reason I draw is to reflect my true "hidden" feeling at the moment. As my face & my mood is actually "the mask" I wore everyday (I am very good in hiding my feelings especially the negative ones), but in the drawings, somehow it shows...I'm cool with it.
my sephy got objected by Edgey~~~Posted ImageDeviantart- DreamTeam - LifeJournal

#57 kyouyark

kyouyark

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

why do i draw? hmm...I think it's the best way to show your imagination no matter what your level of drawing is. I draw because it shows what's in your mind. Words sometimes are just words. They can sometimes meant another meaning but drawings, they're plain, simple, direct and creative. Most importantly, drawing is a joy for me. Whether I draw on my own or look at other people's drawings. I even draw on my therapy plans during discussion with a lecturer. AND, to avoid being sleepy in class!!! xD

#58 chizara

chizara

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

i draw cos i like it..im always gift my art to meh friend to make them smile^^rasa puas hati bila dpt lihat kwn senyum:3

#59 porkchop

porkchop

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

i draw cause it relieve stress

#60 LaMarionette33

LaMarionette33

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

i draw because i just feel like to! and its better than just studying or doing nothing~^^i usually attend to fan arts XD hahaha