Photo

Why do you draw?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#91 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Drawing has always been natural to me. When I'm bored, I draw. When I feel like it, I draw. When I've an idea I draw. So I don't really have much reason except it's fun, relaxing and something I really want to do, and it's fun to see myself grow as an artist.

#92 ShinKaiZen

ShinKaiZen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

To BEAT SOMEONE I DON'T LIKE!!!! I draw so i can show that person that I'm superior. >DAnd cause I can do anything to the character when i draw them. =D

Good point! That's how I treat my art. Beat those arrogant artists!Why I draw? Well, I draw when I have to. I lost my artist's sense of drawing when bored or as a past time hobby. I can draw nicely and creatively when I have a purpose to draw like assignments or projects XD

#93 yoko-chan

yoko-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1669 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

To BEAT SOMEONE I DON'T LIKE!!!! I draw so i can show that person that I'm superior. >DAnd cause I can do anything to the character when i draw them. =D

Good point! That's how I treat my art. Beat those arrogant artists!Why I draw? Well, I draw when I have to. I lost my artist's sense of drawing when bored or as a past time hobby. I can draw nicely and creatively when I have a purpose to draw like assignments or projects XD

XD Yea!!! I see you have competition also. Like me. XDYalor. Agree with your project. >3 Got purpose only can draw the best pictures.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#94 yukimi90

yukimi90

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

i... never thought of why do i start to draw??? i quess its calm my heart, when im drawing, my mind's like... empty, focusing on it makes me forget the probs in reality for a while, thats y i really hate when people disturb me while im drawing haahhaahaawell, as time goes by, im desperately wanna improve myself, realize that i wont stop drawing 4 the rest of my life, i never have even a bit of feeling of regret of drawing or stop from drawing... never!hmm what else??? i guess i spent time drawing coz im a homesick hahahahaa

#95 sevensword87

sevensword87

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

First reason is because i am bored and some times i could have idea during sleep.The second reason is my parent always look down on draw manga but soon after their allow me to continue draw manga after their saw my determination.third reason i love to read and draw manga. Love them :D .Forth reason to express my feeling.Because that i like to draw.

#96 Rine

Rine

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

i draw only when i have the mood to do so...but sometimes feel fed up with my drawing >[]

#97 fishu

fishu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

I draw because I want to draw.I draw because I have a feeling I want to express (But sadly I dunno how to draw it out orz)I draw because it's the only thing I can do (studying...I can't do that... I always get below average grades orz)
The procrastinator.

#98 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

hmm, reason eh? I guess my primary reason to drawing was because I just wanna get those pictures that were dancing in my head to stay in a form that I want to remember. Also, I draw to relief myself from real life stress, in a way.Plus, drawing makes new friends! Like when ppl comment in dA, you just suddenly talked to someone you didn't know!
Posted Image Posted Image

#99 Chiaki Chan

Chiaki Chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

I draw because drawing is my passion. Drawing helps me to express myself, like through the expressions and poses of the character drawn. I also draw to practice how to sketch new things like objects animals or improve proportions of a human/anime body :lol:

#100 zed

zed

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

Why I'm drawing? Coz i love pen n paper... o.O

https://www.facebook...bpDesign?ref=hl Selling anime t-shirt!

#101 Yaegiri

Yaegiri

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Uhm, hm ...Because I wanted to be Sailor Moon, when I was in gradeschool. Yes, that was pretty much the begining, ha ha.Well, because my family is full of artists/graphicdesigner, there was never a question on not becoming a graphicdesigner or artist. I don't know why I started drawing, I just did, since the moment I can remember.The reason why I started drawing manga in junior high is, because I loved the effort on improving your own original style. It was different from art I knew and that I was fascinated by.
[align=center]Posted Imagevia tumblr[/align]

#102 creamcaramello

creamcaramello

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Initially it was because I wanted to create my own online comic. But after awhile, I'm just drawing because I enjoy drawing and it helps me pass time. You could say that now it's a hobby of mine. Though I'm currently trying to break out of drawing girls and try sketching/painting sceneries and buildings.

WARNING: At times would disappear from the face of the planet without prior notice. =)

#103 Weisschen

Weisschen

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Drawing had been influencing me for the most part of my life. I draw because I wanted to. I draw because I wanted to live out my fantasy through the mediums of paper. I draw because I want it to be real.

It's just one of those things that I find naturally occurring. I've been drawing since I could remember - stick men with headbands signifying their powerful ability in the art of kicking ass. Now, I just draw characters I love (waifus and shiz) with bits of OCs here and there.

So, why do I draw? It's just something I do. Nothing else to it.

#104 Kimm

Kimm

Magical Mars Bar

• Community Moderator
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

because I love you QAQ .. //WHACKED WITH A KNIFE

ahaha, well, I never took drawing too seriously, but I always find my pencil getting blunt from drawing instead of writing (something that I quite like as well, though I haven't written anything out of interest in the past month or so lol). It's almost an instinct to draw something when presented with pencil and paper for me. it's become sort of like a habit to me now. :P not sure if it's a good thing or not, though xD //laughs

I never questioned why I drew, I simply knew that I did draw and time would be much slower if I didn't. (it's very much my poision, since because of drawing I procrastinate on a lot of things =~=)

I'm slowly improving, though I'm not working too hard on that lol. Like I said, I don't take it too seriously, and also, it's not exactly encouraged in my family and overall, I'm just one hell of a lazy bastard. //SHOT

Howl "Baby" Fyrallon
STR: 1+1 DEX: 3 CON: 2 INT: 2 SPI: 2-1

Posted Image

#105 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

I draw because I want to show emotions, and life to 2D drawings. I want them to show my heart as well. ^^

#106 DiabolusWoof

DiabolusWoof

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I draw when I feel like doing it and to improve myself as a whole. =)