Photo

how to dye ones eyebrows?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 aphereon

aphereon

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

hey all! im still new at cosplay and will be attempting a rather ambitious first project, so the other day i did a trial cosplay just to check out how i looked and then i noticed *dun dun dun*i have eyebrow colour problems *OH NOES*i need my eyebrows to be white/silver but im not exactly familiar with make up and the sort. *still learning! gotta have a first for everything XD*bleaching is out of the question because i need to return my eyebrows to original black for day 2 of cf.my friend's drama teacher suggested tempera paint, but googled it out and it seemed pretty strange to pour a mixture of egg white and zinc oxide on your face and not smell farm fresh -yeah-so im not sure what to do to make my eyebrows white, anybody got some tips to share?ALSO ANOTHER QUESTION: how so i draw specific patterns on my face? should i use eyeliner? what kind of eyeliner? anyway thanks for sharing! I will be forever grateful =D

#2 sky_pegasus

sky_pegasus

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Well there is the option of white/silver eyeliner crayon/pencil. it doesn't make ur eyebrows COMPLETELY white (coz yanno white eyebrows on real life ppl makes u look odd/old) but it's passable to make ur eyebrows lighter in colour.I've seen ppl use poster colour to make white eyebrows but personally it looks rather unnatural IRL. But i guess if u apply it right (real bold lines n all) and u PS ur pics....it would look ok/animeish. And for the face pattern...it's best that u provide reff pics of what exactly you are tryoing to achieve. different patterns have different best ways of application.

#3 Chimera X

Chimera X

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1994 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

for the eyebrows..just don't try bleaching it,bleaching the eyebrows is very very dangerousthe best way for you to get silver brows is by,shaving your entire brows off,clean shave that is,then use white/silver eyebrow crayon/pencil for it or maybe something like white/silver eyeliner crayon/pencilbut mostly people use eyebrow crayon/pencil for it and not eyeliner crayon/pencildon't worry,you won't look weird with your brows off..unless you don't draw it backbut then again,you need to know how to properly draw your brows,else it will look rather weird,ask someone else to do it for you if you're not confident on doing it yourself.by using this method(clean shave),you can change your eyebrow color all you want everyday,it all depends on what color pencil/crayon you're using that is.*winks*
For the Demon I once was,For the Darkness of my soul,and for the heart which i had longed for,I will,be right back~

#4 bunbunz

bunbunz

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

your cosplay character should be allen from d-gray?as for eyebrow i heard people using temporary hair spray.it can easily be brought in shopping complexi think that's the best idea as it can be removed with wateras for the red pattern on ur face...i used red eyebrow crayon...that you have to practise quite some time...i blend the red with black to make it look more natural...

#5 aphereon

aphereon

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

your cosplay character should be allen from d-gray?

is it that obvious??? *gets shot cuz was practically shoving it into people's face*haha, ya i am. allen walker is my dream cosplay, and my friends said i was short enough (uh, now that i think about it i'm not quite sure if its a good thing, being short that is XD) what is eyebrow crayon by the way? *gets shot again for not knowing*does it really look like a REAL crayon? XDXDXD

#6 bunbunz

bunbunz

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

wow i'll be looking forward for ur cosplay then.CF?i'm not really sure with the term to be used.it look like crayon but is mean for ur eyebrows (something like eyeliner)just go to the makeup store and find something which look like pen/pencil/crayon and that's it!for eyebrow i used to use white make up powder+white eyeliner too...my eyebrows are too thick and it can only be bleach up to gray

#7 Chimera X

Chimera X

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1994 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:23 AM

well,you could also use those white/silver hairspray,just be careful not to spray into your eyes~eyebrows crayons doesn't look like crayons at all,try checking them at your local pharmacies or make up shops,so then,you want to make allen's eye design also right,well I don't know what allen's cosplayers use,but if it were me,then I'll probably go for eyeliner
For the Demon I once was,For the Darkness of my soul,and for the heart which i had longed for,I will,be right back~

#8 Camelia

Camelia

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

i think hair spray will be too hard to control as our eyebrow usually very thin n short compares to hair XDDDDif ur char's hair color is not too bright(such as white) u can directly apply eye shadow*with tools* on it,but ifs vr vr bright color den i suggest u can overcoat ur eyebrow first with the white mascara(usually its fibre to make ur eyelashes long, but they r in white XD, LOREAL or MAYBELINE has it*those with 2 heads*),once u coated it to ur eyebrow they will fade*not that black* n den apply eye shadow on it :)hope it works on u ~

#9 whitetiara

whitetiara

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

There's a tutorial somewhere in this forum about that.I think it's the China Doll makeup tutorial.Use the hair spray and spray it in the eyebrow brush. Then just colour your eyebrow.Or you can out on foundation on your eyebrow to make it look.. eyebrow-less.. u_u; And then use eyeshadow or something to draw over it.

#10 aphereon

aphereon

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

thanks guys for all the tips!i'll try to try them soon, *must go shopping =D*but about the hairspray, ive tried it before (on my hair, not my eyebrows) doesn't colour hairspray flake? cuz i remember lots of flaky bits of blond, green, pink and orange flying about like dandruff XD ok la maybe not so teruk but you get the picture

#11 whitetiara

whitetiara

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

Sorry not sure bout that ^^;here's the site in case you haven't looked at it yet~

#12 .:himawari:.

.:himawari:.

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

another option...put heavy concealer on your eyebrows...well you'll have to shave n pluck a bit (if your's thick n bushy)..after heavy concealer...just use white eyeshadows (silkygirl yin yang is my best choice cz its creamy n highly pigmented)....roughly get the outline before filling in the colours...try not to shave so much cz you might want to retain some brow hairs to make it more natural...no need to go thru bleaching of stuffs...if you can get good quality theaterical facial putty will help out too...but i have no idea where to get that D:
Posted Image

#13 Masako

Masako

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

Actually you can bleach your eyebrows, just make sure you buy a bleach that's suitable for the Face. I use Sally Hansen's Creme Bleach for the Face. Purchased it from the US so I'm not sure where you can buy it in Malaysia, chances are you have to look online.http://vanityvibe.co... ... ing-cream/You have to bear in mind that this product is made for 'ang mohs' so it will never ever bleach your eyebrows like white or super light! I have left it on my eyebrows for about 15-20 minutes and the most it's ever gotten is light brown.
mreh mreh mreh...

#14 yunkakei

yunkakei

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

I used lipstick for my Allen cosplay. :'D And ooh, another Allen cosplayer this year!
Posted Image

#15 aphereon

aphereon

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

ooh, okay, THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE TIPS 8DI AM SO TOUCHED BY YOU KINDNESS!!!! =Di'll try to post pics of my NEW FRESH SILVERY EYEBROWS soon!but unfortunately all cosplaying plans/trials have to be put on hold for now. =(himawari-> woah, very detailed stuff, thanks thanks, will take note! *must pluck eyebrows soon*masako-> sally hansen's eh? I think i have some used other product by that company, but it doesn't get along very well with me XD thanks for your help thoughyunakei-> oh, lipstick is interesting. ya allen is a rather popular character to cosplay. XD

#16 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Since this is about dying eyebrow .. And is the eyebrow crayon that you guys mentioned available in gurdian or watson?Which brand of eyebrow crayon is great?Anyone have any suggestion of what colour should I use? as my orihime wig are quite orange and can't cover my eyebrow with the fringe .. =DAaha.. so many question XD

#17 gukichan

gukichan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:39 AM

aphereon >theres another option other than the hair spray is Spirit gum (available in a bottle like nail polish from halloween shops) + white eye shadow. You got to wait for a few mins for it to settle(the spirit gum) then only apply the eyeshadow =) it will be more natural looking for silverish eyebrows. ^^ or try silver mascara (if you can find it XD I've yet to find oh dear) as for drawing designs on your face its can be either eyebrow pencil if you are aiming for the brown sort of shades or yeah use eyeliner liquid or pencil is fine ( or like me gel eyeliner) and spray a small amount of hairspray to lock in the design to prevent from smudging out (be CAREFUL when you do this)angeline92 > go for a brown hue for your Orihime...having orange eyebrows...XD is definitely amusing unless done properly. You can find crayon eyebrow pencils in major guardians or watsons. I think you're the same angeline I know off from TOA rite?(if not sorry XD) try the saloon supplier shop as they carry more variations for affordable prices.
I'm neither nice nor mean. I just rage when you're being STUPID and NOT READ what has been laid out to you.Posted Image

#18 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

Gukichan>> hmm.. yea brown would be fine .. ok then I'll go for that colour XD Thanks so much for the info!!Oh .. no I'm not TOA student =3

#19 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:12 AM

Umm.. I just bought a Sasa ' Cyber Colours auto Eyebrow pen 04 light brown'I was hoping to get this ... (in orange or brown)but ..when I use it the result isn't really what I wanted .. T_T http://farm4.static....a9687e5.jpg?v=0Did I bought the wrong one =__= ??

#20 ChibiNeko

ChibiNeko

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

There's a tutorial in cosplay.com to color your eyebrows http://www.cosplay.c...ad.php?t=152632For those who are lazy to read. Basically just purchase PVA glue from your nearby stationery store. Trim and comb your eyebrows neatly before applying. Wait for it to dry then apply paint on your eyebrows. To remove the paint and glue, just wash it off with warm water~

#21 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Aiya.. go waste money buy the eyebrow pen =___=Thanks for the info.. haha .. wanna try now =3