Photo

Colours (comments and critiques plz)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

all drawings just poofed! ops?

#2 uepu

uepu

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2170 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

The colouring for the 2nd art OC is still need to improved more...

*+*+*+KONYANYACHIWA+*+*+*

banner-002-360.jpg

+ DA : http://uepu.deviantart.com

#3 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Wah. 1st one moe.Why is it the 1st one is better than the 2nd?The guy looks stiff in the 2nd image.
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#4 keiichi

keiichi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:08 AM

tell you what. Get you b/g color sorted out first, because they influence the colors on everything else.and dont forget that human skin doesnt just have yellow+red. they have more colors in it such as dark blues and greens and bit of orange. The places where the skin is thin such as the tip of the nose, eyelids, cheeks usually have more tinge of reddish pink on them. Even for us asians.
Posted Image

#5 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:59 PM

dude, how come human skin got dark blues, greens and a bit of orange? Human skins normally only have white, yellowish, tanned and dark type visible; whatever other color added to the skin are thanks to the lighting, blood, vein, makeup, wounds, scars, whatever disease and whatever extra or with the condition that you are an alien to begin withdon't go overboard with your creativity
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#6 cob

cob

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

hOHO, 1st pic make me think of balloon!!!! Cute pic~ brighter?2nd pic the colouring make the character looks more ... err... HARD! darker?
u r my sunshine~ my only sunshine~

#7 RajRize.J

RajRize.J

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Do u understand ..Basic Lighting Source ? If yes , then i'll argee with what keiichi said as above . If no , please do tell . we can explain further for u to understand better .

#8 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

i thnk da 1st pic,,,ish so cute but da right hand is somewhat strange...i dunno wat...=__=;; gommen..im not gud myself but dis is my opinion only..^^

facebook

#9 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

Yes pls, I would like to know more about basic light source.- oh, and thank you everyone for your comments. I really appreciate it.

#10 ayez

ayez

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:57 PM

I will comment on the colours only as I'm not sure u wanted to be critisize by the drawings or not. XD Personally I think the colours are a bit too bright and unnatural. I have to agree with what Keiichi said, and forget about what Hellangel said coz he doesn't even know the essence of what Keiichi is saying. Creativity have no limits dear, why put such boundaries as to skin only have this that colour. boo!the 2nd pic is a bit ok (in terms of colouring) but the light source is abit undetermined. Try putting up your figurine at one place and place it under a light source and study the colours and texture. You don't have to follow it precisely on the first try but at least the basics of light source is visible.have fun experimenting!
Posted ImageFaZuu * Where The Beasts Roam Free

#11 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

poof gone

#12 Ciku'nk

Ciku'nk

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

hmm...its also depending on the environment....doesnt mean u need to follow those white,yellowish,tanned and dark type skin...thats the only basic..if u wan to make the skn colour orange or red...make it with the dusk period..

#13 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hmm... a lot of yellow.And... I think that the cello (is ita cello?) is broken... or is that the string? I'm confused. Lighting also. The chair highlight shows that the light is on the left side but the character shows the light is coming from the right. And the Cello itself is bland.Reference: Cello
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#14 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

done in pchat[spoiler=]Posted ImagePosted Image[/spoiler]

#15 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

==;;;;...i'm lost of words at the moment

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#16 raetan

raetan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

Just a suggestion, for colouring maybe you'd like to try cel-shading instead of airbrush type for a change?
| `Д´|ノД´|ノД´|ノД´|ノД´|ノД´|ノゴルァアアアアアア!!

#17 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Sure, but Im still blur about this 'cell shading' stuff. mind an intro or two? :Dpost it here so we can share it with the others.

#18 Kou

Kou

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

i think your skin colors are ok!!!the 1st one is bright and vibrant i quite like it!! JIA YOU!!!!
part-time ojiisan stalker

#19 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

Lol, thx! XD

#20 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

need to improve da shadding techniq..^^ u hafta like imagine da source of light n drw da shadding..^^

facebook

#21 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

poof

#22 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

pictochat? O_oThey look pretty detailed for something from pictochat...

#23 Angeline92

Angeline92

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:12 PM

Umm.. the colour is ok.. but with too much of highlights will basically make it looked like balloon.. Probably you could try to use the skin base colour and choose the lightest or nearest to white but not white..Anyways if this is your style of colouring I can't say much.. =3Keep it up ya !!

#24 Openlor

Openlor

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

Posted ImagePosted Imagegoreng pun sedap <:)