Photo

Current Read

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#1 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

... I notice there's a need for this.As the title says: just list whatever manga you're currently reading/following. Let's share them! :DOh, manga from magazines also allowed. Also, if you guys like, put a little description about the manga either from your own opinion or whatever states what the manga is about in general so that others can have an idea of what the said title is about.Post away!My Current Read:Shin Seiki Evangelion: Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project) - My top priority in my hunter's list. Currently it has 5 volumes in total with Vol 6 coming out in Japan next month. Imagine Shinji's imaginary scenario in ep 26 of the original NGE (Take Care of Yourself), only expanded with some plot differences than what we see in the anime. AND SWEET SMILING REI FTW!

#2 iMarr

iMarr

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Bakuman. 5 chapters so far. Still seeing if it's good or not, but I like it already.It's about two 14-year-olds becoming mangaka, by the creators of Death Note. XD Too many references and wacky faces. I just... Like this. So much. I have no idea why! Enough said. 8DSHUUJIN FTW!~
Posted ImageSooo... SPM over.It's boring.

#3 dark

dark

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

D Gray Man. 172 chapters by last week. Loved it so much, but recently felt like it's a bit draggy, hoping the next chapter will get me into it again~ <333It's about a 15 year old boy, Allen Walker, who's an exorcist in the Black Order, fighting against weapons/machine things called Akuma, who are the dead souls called back by those who grief and mourn them so much.The beginning actually looks boring, because the first few chapters explain the whole Exorcist Akuma thing, but it really is interesting as it goes on. XDDD

#4 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

I'm currently following the updates of B.M. Nectar and Franken Fran at One MangaB.M. Nectaras the increase of population in the world starting to cause food supply problem, humans are manage to create a new bio-genetic creature that serves as food for them. The new bio-genetic creature is a good investment in both maintaining earth and providing food as it devour any trash that humans throw at them except glass and metal while acting as a food source for humans. This is truly an amazing technology... before it escapes to somewhere it shouldn't be at and start devouring everything in the path including humansFranken Franthink about female version of Dr. Black Jack in a Frankenstein style. Fran is a daughter of a famous doctor and she's a great doctor herself. She can do anything in medical ways but there's no guarantee that you will like the result. Interesting story per episode based on the theme "be careful of what you wish for"
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#5 Tzezumi

Tzezumi

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 735 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

Eyeshield 21The Christmas bowl outcome, so it means it's now the climax. Now it's more on Eyeshield 21 V Eyeshield 21Katekyo Hitman RebornJust 1 word...HIBARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kekkashi I don't think it's a popular manga, but I find it quite nice to read. Something on two family protecting a sacred land, using a special technique called "Kekkai". The plot is balanced with the dark and humor side, and I find it quite entertaining, altho a bit repetitive sometimes. Overall, it's a good manga, especially right now with the conflict in the family involving the siblings.
My DeviantartPanpurin ProductionLife would be much cooler if they let me start life at noon..

#6 xen -v- gk

xen -v- gk

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

Gekkō Jōrei / Moonlight ActKazuhiro Fujita latest work, which bland all the strengths from his past works.A light hearted action story about a teenage delinquent who, under accidental situation, receive the power to "knock" senses back into a berserking fairy tale character.The Moonlight Act was originally sign by a number of fictional fairy tale characters, to safe guard the real world from the effect of the rare blue moon. If book was shine upon by the lunar rays of a blue moon, one or more of its character will turn vicious and disrupt the storyline.These character might even broke through the boundary between fact and fiction and cause havoc in the real world. The manga introduce some refreshing and violent twist into some well known fairy tale character, but still manage to round things off with abit of slap stick comedy by the main characters and of course a suitable amount of Fan Service.

#7 karasu-deathman-crew

karasu-deathman-crew

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

same iMarr BAKUMAN is the best manga i have read in my my life
'im no hero, never was, im just old killer, hired to do some wet work' (OLD SNAKE)Posted Image

#8 uepu

uepu

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2170 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

Currently I read this manga...but still not finished but almost... just a few chapters to go...For me this manga is nice to read and the guys are awesome and handsome... The story plot also good and going smooth like a flow... and it's funny..and i've been inspired by 'those' WINGS....PENGUIN REVOLUTIONYukari Fujimaru is the only daughter of a quite unreliable father, and she dreams of a more reliable future, as a public official. She has a gift: she can see the potential of a person in the form of wings on their back, and by chance she sees wings on the back of one of her schoolmates, Ryouko, who is actually Ryou, one of the male actors of the famous entertainment company PEACOCK, in disguise. When Yukari's father loses his work and flees, Ryou introduces her to PEACOCK as his manager, and a totally unexpected career starts for Yukari. Through a series of twists and turns, both Ryou and Yuka are forced to put their teamwork and trust to the test.

*+*+*+KONYANYACHIWA+*+*+*

banner-002-360.jpg

+ DA : http://uepu.deviantart.com

#9 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Kimi No Iru MachiA manga done by Suzuka's creator Kouji Seo. This manga precedes the creation of Suzuka, and overall it's everything I can expect from the mangaka. And of course, when it's Kouji Seo, I can expect love triangles abound. OH YEAH. Also: Yuzuki Eba is... *faints from sudden heatstroke* ... urk, that pretty much explains what I wanted to say, right.

#10 LuluRiru

LuluRiru

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

D.Gray-ManOh..my...love it!&...Vampire Knightwell...kyaaa!!!

ohnoesii.jpg

#11 gundam_sniper

gundam_sniper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

le cirque de karakuribasilisksghost in the shell 2: man machine interfacekingdom heartseyeshield 21naruto
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

#12 Allenisya

Allenisya

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

current manga reading.. D.Gray-Man! XD *a bit obvious..*Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles *now a bit draggy..*perhaps tht it for now @_@ cuz others r completed *not much*
「人間はむちゃしたって強くはならない。まずは自分を知ることだよ。」

#13 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

Mahou Sensei Negima! chapter 226Inumimi chapter 19 - damn ending don't make me shed my tears or else... i will shred ya :PClannad chapter 11Black God chapter 55Hayate no Gotoku chapter 98

#14 cheezy

cheezy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:49 AM

AmatsukiMr. Morning07 GhostMonochrome FactorNarutoD.Gray-manSekai Ichi Hatsukoi <3Ng LifeNabari no Ou

#15 Daisuke

Daisuke

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Hmmm.....let's see....well this is manga which i guess everyone has heard and read about.....i'm currently reading 'mythical detective loki ragnarok' by Kinoshita.....the translated version..... :shock: so far not bad though.....volume 1....introduces Loki who was banished to earth as a human being....and runs a detective agency that deals with the mystery and paranormal......while trying to hide from Odin and his followers from killing him..... :mrgreen: if u're a sort of person who like detective mangas like Detective Conan, Q, Spiral and Kindaichi then i would highly recommend this manga to you.....in terms of drawings, storyline and characther design....i would personally rate a 8/10.....lastest chapter so far chapter 3..... 8-)
Captain Kenpachi: "So what are u saying? That we should hold hands,smile and fight along side each other?" (Bleach eps 179) My Deviant >> http://www.daisuke7.deviantart.com

#16 kurokei

kurokei

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

Current read:Detroit Metal City - HAHAHA I LOVE this manga!! But seriously not for kids. =\It's a guy name Negishi Souichi who went to Tokyo, wishing to be a Swedish Pop Singer, but didn't quite work out. INSTEAD, he is the guitar vocalist of the very famous indies heavy metal band Detroit Metal City with the name Johannes Krauser II and he tries to keep this secret from everyone he knows. He wanted to leave but he can't because of his horrifying manager. BANY BAD WORDS CAN BE FOUND IN THIS MANGA. It's until book 5.
[spoiler=Next...]Posted Image Just 1 plan for now. My Yoshiki-sama. <3[/spoiler]Blog / Malaysian X Freaks

#17 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

[quote name='"Daisuke"]Hmmm.....let's see....well this is manga which i guess everyone has heard and read about.....i'm currently reading 'mythical detective loki ragnarok' by Kinoshita.....the translated version..... :shock: so far not bad though.....volume 1....introduces Loki who was banished to earth as a human being....and runs a detective agency that deals with the mystery and paranormal......while trying to hide from Odin and his followers from killing him..... :mrgreen: if u're a sort of person who like detective mangas like Detective Conan' date=' Q, Spiral and Kindaichi then i would highly recommend this manga to you.....in terms of drawings, storyline and characther design....i would personally rate a 8/10.....lastest chapter so far chapter 3..... 8-)[/quote']the anime version is available, in my opinion, it can be better than the manga one
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#18 katzchen

katzchen

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

- naruto- dgrayman- katekyo hitman reborn- junjou romantica (keep getting sidetracked so i'm reading it now orz)
Find me @ >>Facebook<< || >>Blog<< || >>Tumblr<<

#19 Byo-u

Byo-u

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1214 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:03 PM

~ Togainu no Chi ~ Junjou Romantica~ DOLLS~ [switch]~ xxxHolic~ Tsubasa ~ Kuroshitsuji~ Loveless~ Katekyo Hitman REBORN !~ Vampire Knight~ Love Celeb~ Alichino
♡ CureCos | 177039 ♡Posted Image

#20 Kyrill

Kyrill

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

- D.GRAY-MAN XD- Kuroshitsuji- Pandora Hearts

#21 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

Yakuza Girl chapter 4

#22 xen -v- gk

xen -v- gk

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

Will be starting on a couple titles:Detroit Metal City (DMC)JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Plus ongoing titles like Gintama 25, Moonlight Act 3, Negima 26.
Posted ImageI am a Gakuen Kino the Anime believer

#23 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

KHR- well yeah....hibarijunjou romantica^^

facebook

#24 Lero

Lero

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

Yakuza GirlBakumanKatekyo Hitman RebornD.Gray-ManNurarihyon no MagoDeath Note (re-read)
- True friends stab you in the front.- It is what a man thinks of himself that really determines his fate.[/b][/spoiler]

#25 cafiq

cafiq

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3960 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:42 AM

Currently read last week:-Full Metal Panic-kara chp 1 made chp 7

Posted Image

#26 Byo-u

Byo-u

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1214 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:09 PM

~ Camelot Garden~ Die ~ Zankoku no Douwatachi~ Pandora Hearts *i cant buy the other release >.<*

#27 YukiNa

YukiNa

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

Mangas I'm following up on:D.GraymanNANA (Omg Chapter 78..)BleachNarutoLove CelebTsubasa Reservoir ChroniclesAngel DiaryMidnight SecretaryVampire KnightManga about to read:Loveless
Posted Image .:If it's the sky I'm looking at, then I'm not scared at all...:.

#28 HonooNoKarite

HonooNoKarite

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun chapter 12[spoiler=AAAA-AAAAAAAHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAHH]SOUMA-CHAN IS KILLING ME FOR SHE'S TOO CUTE FOR ME IN THIS CHAPTER.[/spoiler]lolrandomness.

#29 kirin

kirin

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

hiya! noobies here;i just read; whistle v19.. i want v20 soo badly now. viz and boarder are soo slow at publishing this.her majesty's dog v9.. hyoue~<3still waiting for;high school girl v9

#30 Byo-u

Byo-u

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1214 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

recently start reading another one .. ooh ~ shoujo manga ..Black Bird