Photo

antheahui's c&c corner! 8D

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#1 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

EDIT:Sappiness ahead lul.I am very very grateful for all your constructive comments! Thanks for being so merciful (lol) with such a noob like me. Every single comment that has been given has really changed me and given me confidence. THANK YOU!oTL oTL oTL.first post! 8Dlawls. i was afraid to post it in the artwork showcase section cause no one else posted there. so i opted for this section. <3 so yeah, i really want to improve, cause i can't draw for nuts.please c&c!Posted Imagethis is one i recently did. its the horoscope, aries, which also happens to be yours truly's horoscope!! 8DPosted Imagewell, this one. basically i have no comments on this one. it was super-dee-duper random. i was studying, like for PMR. yes i know its easy, but i don't want any regrets later. XD started from a doodle... which is quite obvious cause i didn't lineart it with pen or anything... oh yes. and the blue stuff is water.thanks!my devie page:http://antheahui.deviantart.com

#2 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

ooh... i like your design on the first one ^^but the body is a little too straight-downwards [if you get what i mean]the upper portion of the arm should be a little lower, the elbows should meet somewhere around the stomach and belly button ^^on the second pic, the body is a little weird, unshapely ^^sorry for the straight-fowardness ^^gambatte~

#3 twosen

twosen

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

I agree with Matsuo Kumiko - but then again anime proportions are not very normal to begin with. If you're drawing a real person like me (flaaaat), then it's fine if they're unshapely! XDDI love your colouring though; what medium did you use?

#4 Jlene

Jlene

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

sorry but I agree with the two post above me XD;; maybe you can make the shadows (the shadown area) a bit darker (but not too dark) so that you can capture the 3Dness. but you might need to study the lighting direction as well. DX hope you get what i mean ... not really good at explaining lol.as for the colouring is great~:nod: ;D it's very clean and clear =D was it done with watercolours? (alpha watercolours?) :Opersonally i like the first one because of the colours ;X
.('__,`)<[DA.]. [TE.]. _ _| Hey you, poke me tummy will ya?

#5 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

matsuo> no probs! hard to find people who can pin point exactly what is wrong with the picture though~ thanks~! 8D will work on my body proportions in the next piece i draw.twosen> omigosh thankies! i used alpha watercolours~ a lot of the shops sell it, its easy to find... i got it on my birthday from my cousin! 8DJlene> awh garwsh you don't have to apologize! i did say "c&c" right? 8D mmhmm, i've always been horrible at shading, but i'll work on it! eh come on, you're great at explaining. well, at least i understand! (which is good enough) and yes, it's alpha watercolours! >D

#6 cob

cob

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

ooooi think u know aries very much ai?! the red color show its attitude very well!!! Aries is warm + warm + warm!!! yo but the waist seems like a bit longer? But i like tis pic with the colouring!!
u r my sunshine~ my only sunshine~

#7 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

matsuo> no probs! hard to find people who can pin point exactly what is wrong with the picture though~ thanks~! 8D will work on my body proportions in the next piece i draw.

*blush* aww shucks XDDhehe but it's all right =] a little more improvements and you'll be not-bad-at-all =Di'm still not pro yet, but i can tell whether some parts are right or wrong, only some though >< i cannot critique on your colouring coz i'm not even up to that level yet ^^'''but it's all good =D gambatte nya~

#8 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

cob> thanks! i did some research before i drew that piccie, i like researching stuffies. >D umm, yeah the waist... T.T i don't have much "shape", so i guess i need to research i little more on human anatomy. my anatomy skills is h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. 8D thanks!matsuo> thanks! i will meng-gambatte-kan my self! 8D

#9 Ciku'nk

Ciku'nk

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

hmmm nothing o says la...cause all the things that i wanna says other already says it..ur using alpha watercolour at the whole canvas? hmm...thats shock me...cause it see like the graphic medium effect especially at the face........and ur using the round soft brush in making the hair part? sry to says la....but watercolour is not suitable in drawing anime stuff...if u like to use the tradtional ways ar....try to get the graphic marker but dont push urself on it ok ya......by the ways gambateh ne..~

#10 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

ciku'nk> yeah i used alpha the whole way~ 8D mmhmm, its a pure traditional piece. and yeah, i used a round soft brush, size umm, 2 and 4 i think. >D graphic markers? is that like copics?

#11 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

arrr...is that the oni posture you know ? you can try other posings...it'll definitely look very good ^^

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#12 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

snowangell88> umm its not the only pose i know... im not that miserable. >D somehow i just never got myself to finish any of my pictures with more canggih poses... T.T really sorry about that, hope i didnt bore you too much. *hides in a corner* i promise i'll finish the canggih ones! after PMR.

#13 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi. Intro short coz I have a lot of 2cents. :)Okay, First image.Posted ImageYour face is distorted. This is because the chin is drawn very close to the neck.Have the chin jut out more.Also, I think the shoulder for this girl is a bit too wide (if it's a girl...). Girls' shoulders are generally smaller than their hips. It's an hourglass shape, not a V, like a guys'.The eyes also. Since she's facing away slightly, it's better to draw the eye further away a little smaller to indicate depth. And I think that the eye closer to the "camera" is too far from the other eye. In other words, this girl have very widely separated eyes.The hair highlighs. It's a bit confusing as there seems to be 2 kinds of lighting hitting the character.One is from the front and the other is at the back.Clothing is very much off. You are drawing the body leaning towards the right but the clothes are facing the "camera". Plus, clothes do not cling tightly to the body, especially the waist area. There seems to be bits of metal or design that looks to be free flowing from the clothes (hard to explain).What I mean is each part of the clothing should be given their own dimension. Don't let them hug the body like that.Second image.Posted ImageSame thing with the face and eyes. Highlight is better. Shoulders are still too wide I think. Hands are too small compared to the body. And add more creases to the clothes, especially around the breast area and waist.
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#14 hreaper

hreaper

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Heya, antheahui. You're welcome. :)Okay, the guy in this pic looks okay. The girl, on the other hand, her eyes is too far apart and her lower forearm is too thin. Your clothes drawing are getting better. :o
Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.hreaper@Blogspot - Real War Machine Suit

#15 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

i suppose i can just 'convert' this topic to an art thread for c&c! 8Da very big THANK YOU for all you guys who gave their c&c! <3 i really appreciate all the hentam-ing! >Di've always wanted feedback, but its been quite hard to get real c&c on the net. (other than "omg, thats sooo nice!" and stuff, you get what i mean.)SO YES, IT'S BEEN GREAT TO HAVE C&C FROM YOU GUYS! please continue to give me your feedback, because i want to be geng! >D okay okay, enough for the speech. now back to business.Posted Imagethis is something i drew quite recently, imma thinking of a short plot for a doujin to enter one of those competitions... c&c really needed! as usual! 8Dthanks,antheahui.

#16 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

hreaper> oh gosh i just noticed it! thanks soo much! you're great~ umm yeah, i do think i should start working on the cloth folds and stuff, and how to make things look 3D-ish. i totally agree on that. >D mmhmm, and i promise i'll pay more attention to the "camera"! thanks a lot! muchos gracias~ your critique is really good, i look forward to hearing more from you~ and thanks! (again)

#17 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

hmm... on that picture... It's not bad =Dbut the girl's arm is too thin ^^

#18 hell angel

hell angel

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

the shoulder is still too broad for the girl
[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Night Maiden

#19 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

after reading matsuo, hreaper, and hell angel's comments, i did some changes... mmhmm. check it out yoh! 8DPosted Imagematsuo> checked and fixed! lemme know if its still too skinny. XD thanks a lot!hreaper> thanks~ mmhmm i likey my guy. >D fixed the eye thing, my paper is almost black. she used to be looking at the viewer, and now she's looking at the guy! oh so mushy. XD thanks a lot! oh, my clothes drawings? actually i don't really know how to colour them. any tips? 8Dhell angel> checked and fixed! umm yeah, i just noticed that the girl's shoulder's is broad, thanks a lottie! 8D

#20 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

i like da color earliest pics....dunno y but they look sweet..XDda sketch..huhu couple..i cn c u improvd bit wif da anatomy..gud job.

facebook

#21 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

space-chan> thanks! >D

#22 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

more PMR doodles, i wanted to do something with inks (cause i saw what schin did, which was uh-mazing!) i didn't expect inks to be so... umm, versatile? yeah, i think thats the word. it was really fun and an eye-opening experience working with inks. but mine ish nothing compared to schin's inkie picture. T.TBEHOLD!Posted Imagedon't mind the lousy quality of the picture. is there any specific tools to use with inks? cause i just used my normal watercolour brushes. >D i hope i didn't break some cosmic art law or something. ohoho.i think the girl looks a bit, well, dumbfounded. like she termenung thinking of something. or something lidat. gaarrr, don't ask me why she looks like that. its a doodle gone wrong! XDc&c most welcomed! 8D16 more days to PMR, then i will be free. wooohoo!

#23 space-chan

space-chan

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

wohoho~~nw pic n now in ink....hrrmm...doodles.sometimes v hv no idea wat v draw..lolda expression i like..juz like me all da time wo..XDwat u mean special tools?s/ware tools or manual tools?u mean like drawing pen etc izzit?

facebook

#24 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

space> yeah, when i draw doodles my mind is like, blank. >D aww, thanks! great to know someone likes her expression! i guess thats what most of the PMR candidates look like. ohoho.umm, special tools like, iono, maybe theres a special brush or something for inks? no? @.@ im such an amateur... T.T

#25 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

snowangell88> umm its not the only pose i know... im not that miserable. >D somehow i just never got myself to finish any of my pictures with more canggih poses... T.T really sorry about that' date=' hope i didnt bore you too much. *hides in a corner* i promise i'll finish the canggih ones! [i']after PMR.[/i]

*kadush!* ==;;; your posing don't have to be the very the canggihan..try doing cute cute posing 'coz i see most of your drawing is cute cte girls (squeee kawaii desu!)

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#26 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

alas, i should be studying now... XD another rough sketch, i had to take a photo of it cause my scanner kills the colours. gaar. >D please don't mind the low quality/dpi/whatnot of the pic.Posted Imagei kept snowangel's suggestion about a more chun pose in mind when i drew this. 8Dplease c&c. <3p/s> i still have no idea what she should be holding, suggestions anyone? 8D

#27 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

more PMR doodles, i wanted to do something with inks (cause i saw what schin did, which was uh-mazing!) i didn't expect inks to be so... umm, versatile? yeah, i think thats the word. it was really fun and an eye-opening experience working with inks. but mine ish nothing compared to schin's inkie picture. T.TBEHOLD![spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]don't mind the lousy quality of the picture. is there any specific tools to use with inks? cause i just used my normal watercolour brushes. >D i hope i didn't break some cosmic art law or something. ohoho.i think the girl looks a bit, well, dumbfounded. like she termenung thinking of something. or something lidat. gaarrr, don't ask me why she looks like that. its a doodle gone wrong! XDc&c most welcomed! 8D16 more days to PMR, then i will be free. wooohoo!

Oh my... Is that the same person who drew the same pictures on the first post??? O.O This is amazing =D

#28 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

alas, i should be studying now... XD another rough sketch, i had to take a photo of it cause my scanner kills the colours. gaar. >D please don't mind the low quality/dpi/whatnot of the pic.[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]i kept snowangel's suggestion about a more chun pose in mind when i drew this. 8Dplease c&c. <3p/s> i still have no idea what she should be holding, suggestions anyone? 8D

Definately better =D She is gorgeous ^^ Too bad that she isn't completed ^^'''Hmm... What should she be holding.. etho... A carrot? XD Just kidding XDWell then... Since her pose is like that... Shouldn't she be leaning onto something?

#29 antheahui

antheahui

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

matsuo> 8D! yays~ mmhmm, that means i improved right? (say i did! say i did) >D yeah babeh, I DREW IT. *shows jakun face* *gets shot* glad you like it!i'll try to finish her after PMR, which is like another 13 days away. >D ...a carrot? ^^" yeah i guess she should be leaning on something. flowers, clouds... garrr. so hard to think. D8 i'll think after PMR. meanwhile, i 'll just wait for more suggestions... 8Dthanks a lot! <3

#30 Matsuo Kumiko

Matsuo Kumiko

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hehe~ ^^ Yes you did ^^ Awesome job ^^Yes... You finish her after your PMR nyuu~ ^^ Focus on your studies then you can have all the fun you want =3Hmm... Let's see... Maybe an elegant chair? Maybe a rock? ^^ Just a couple of suggestions ^^Gambatte~ And you're welcome~