Photo

Character Poll 2011: Crazy Awesome!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Silencers

Silencers

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

[align=center]Posted Image[align=center]CURRENT STANDING:[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler][/align]Welcome back to the Comic Fiesta Forums![/align]To celebrate our grand rebirth, we're kicking it off with a nationwide poll to determine the craziest and most awesome anime/manga character EVER. ONE HUNDRED characters, split into two brackets and ten groups will vie for the top spot and it will be a terribly fierce knock-out style tournament and it's up to YOU to determine the champion! The winning character will receive a special tribute during Comic Fiesta 2011![align=center]Posted ImageClick to see the full-size chart![/align]Group A[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group B[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group C[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group D[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group E[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group F[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group G[spoiler=]Posted Image[/spoiler]Group H[spoiler=]http://comicfiesta.org/repository/crazyawesome/0-qualifying-h.jpg[/spoiler]Group I[spoiler=]http://comicfiesta.org/repository/crazyawesome/0-qualifying-i.jpg[/spoiler]Group J[spoiler=]http://comicfiesta.org/repository/crazyawesome/0-qualifying-j.jpg[/spoiler]There are 5 stages to this tournament:Qualifying (Week 1 and 2)[spoiler=]1. There are 10 brackets, 10 characters in each bracket. 2. In one week, polls for 5 groups will run simultaneously i.e. Bracket 01 on Week 1, Bracket 02 on Week 23. Top 2 characters will be selected from each group, thus creating the Bracket's Top 104. The Top 10 will go the Preliminariess[/spoiler]Preliminaries (Week 3 and 4)[spoiler=]1. 10 characters will go against each other in one poll2. 4 characters with the highest votes qualify to go to Quarter Finals[/spoiler]Quarter Finals (Week 5 and 6)[spoiler=]1. The 4 winners from each bracket will be randomly matched against each other2. 2 polls will run in the same week3. 2 winners from each bracket will go to Semi Finals[/spoiler]Semi Finals (Week 7 and 8)[spoiler=]1. 2 Quarter Finalists from each bracket will go against each other2. Winners proceeds to Finals3. Losers proceed to 3rd Place a.k.a Loser's Bracket [/spoiler]Final and 3rd Place (Week 9 and 10)[spoiler=]1. Winners and losers from each bracket go against each other.2. 1 poll each week.[/spoiler]It's going to be an epic battle, spanning across 10 weeks leading up to a grand finale where votes will be counted in a real time LIVE STREAMING event! More details on that will be announced, soon.So feel free to create threads about your favourite character and rally support for them, create multiple accounts to vote, DO ANYTHING. The character with the highest vote count WINS - that's all that matters.[align=center]The most important thing you should note is that the first battle for Bracket 01 Qualifying Round will begin on 12.00am Saturday, 17th September 2011.The voting period for each round is 24 hours. Don't miss it!_____________________________________________________________________________________________________BRACKET PREDICTION CONTEST![/align]This is where you, the forumer, will not only get to push for your favorite characters, but be rewarded should they fit your fancy!It's simple:

1. Prepare a Prediction Bracket.2. Post the Bracket Image as a reply to This Thread before the 17th of September.3. Wait for the Polls to Start4. Push for Your Favorite Characters.5. Watch Your Characters Win

The forumer whose predictions are the closest to the actual results will win RM200 CASH!For more information, visit the contest page HERE!

#2 SugarGal

SugarGal

Ace Attorney

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

Woooh this is interesting! Kinda reminds me of Gamefaq's character battle. :3 Who chose the 100 characters? xD
Posted Image
Cosplay Plans:
Shimada Minami (Baka to Test to Shokanjuu!)
N (Pokemon Black/White)
Kururugi Suzaku (Code Geass)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
Korra (Avatar: Legend of Korra)
: SugarGaL's deviantART : SugarGaL's WorldCosplay :

#3 AzuriteCat

AzuriteCat

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

THIS.IS.AWESOME~ *A*

#4 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

The nominees were selected by a small panel of zombies over several nights' worth of careful deliberation powered by teh tarik. Requirements before nomination required the candidates to be both crazy AND awesome before they could be considered... It was crazy... but awesome.

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#5 Ashalia

Ashalia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

Sweet! Will definitely cast my votes when it starts. >:3
Posted Image

#6 darkcreamz95

darkcreamz95

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

OMG! This is crazy! This is interesting ^^Oh boy I'm sure gonna vote! XD

#7 Amin

Amin

ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Oh thanks for reminding me to vote @ ISML xD
Spoiler

#8 coffeamilk

coffeamilk

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

oh yeah, this quite interesting!!
Daffodil Academy Student DetailsCharacter Name: Kanzo Ryoiki Year/Class: 4-B Club/Societies:Track Team ClubSkills/Weakness: I hate EcchiInventory: Yellow Pages BookPVP Mode: OFF

#9 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

Worth to be re-mentioned again: votes will be counted in a real time LIVE STREAMING event!Aww yeah
You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#10 Amin

Amin

ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Live streaming on... livestream? =P
Spoiler

#11 kinomichi

kinomichi

Felyne

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

how long the period of event this saturday? 1 hour? or more?
if you weak from the outside that mean you strong in the inside

#12 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

how long the period of event this saturday? 1 hour? or more?

The voting period for each bracket should be for a week. If there are any changes, a notification will be put up. =)

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#13 Silencers

Silencers

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

UPDATES!The voting period for each round is 24 hours. In the meantime, feel free to create threads to support your own favourite characters! Put in bios, details, images, videos showcasing his/her/its awesomeness. Rally in support from your friends, too!
The Silent Room - Simple Thoughts, Simple Words
Follow me on Twitter! - @tenoq
Listen to me on radioEMiNA(beta), Fridays, 10pm onwards!

#14 SkyWolf14

SkyWolf14

Event Committee

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

NICE!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!!