Photo

Comic Fiesta Artbook Calling for Submissions!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

Posted ImageTo celebrate the 10th anniversary, reaching the "over 9000!" mark and becoming one of Malaysia's most epic events last year, Comic Fiesta @ SAYS Youth Society is going to release a Comic Fiesta Artbook! It'll be our proud milestone, representing all Comic Fiesta has been about for the past 10 years, as well as featuring artworks of our much-loved CF mascots Coffy & Tea!With that said, we’re now calling in submissions for those who are interested to be part of this exciting project.Due to the limited amount of artworks that can be included in the book, we’ll only be choosing a limited amount of entries from the submissions we receive. Those with their entries chosen will be given 1 FREE COPY of the Artbook as token of appreciation.No worries for those of you whose artwork doesn’t get chosen for the Artbook; we’ll also be displaying everyone’s efforts on our event day! =)Artists whose entries are accepted will receive their free copy of the Artbook on the event day itself; 17th Dec & 18th Dec.Entry is simple! Just submit your artwork attached in the same email (cf.illustration@gmail.com ) to us by 11.59pm(GMT+8), 25th October 2011.Posted ImageGeneral Rules
  • This CF Artbook Submission (here on referred to as "the Artbook") will be held through online submissions only.
  • Participants need to be at least 12 years old to join in this thrill.
  • ALL submissions for 100-Days gallery(include past year's submissions) will automatically be considered for CF's artbook. Resubmission is not required. The artists of chosen works will be contacted through email by October. Should your 100 Days slot be later than October 25, please send in your submission earlier than the cut-off date to be considered for the artbook.
  • Submissions will be chosen based on concept, creativity, and quality of work.
  • Submissions that contain vulgarities and/or obscenities are not accepted.
  • Committees’ decisions are final. Complaints will not be entertained.
  • Comic Fiesta reserves the right to change the terms and/or conditions for the submissions at our discretion without any prior notice.
Mascots ProfilesPosted ImageCoffySiblings:Tea, her younger brotherOccupation:Artist/DoujinkaAccessories:- Uses her pens as weapons- Carries a golden fan with the CF rules hidden in it. Liable to use fan with no warning if rule-breaking is detectedPersonality and Quirks:- OCD against art thefts- Sloppy and messy- DO NOT FEED COFFEE. Will go into Beserk: Drawing Mode.- Slightly denseLikes/Dislikes:- Likes singing. Get the umbrellas ready when she does.- Loves collaborations- Dislikes Ying Yong (annoying bug!)TeaSiblings:Coffy (elder sister) - Tea believes something went wrong somewhere, as he's far more responsible than she isOccupation:CosplayerAccessories- Fried Chicken Drumstick- Toy Chicken Drumstick as CF doesn't allow food and his sister would kill him with her Golden Harisen if he brought one in.- Toy Drumstick to attack Yin YongPersonality and Quirks- Overprotective of his sister- Is a constant Spazzer- Taller than Coffy- Becomes egotistical in the presence of Yin Yong- Mistreats Yin Yong whenever he can; has been scolded by Coffy for that- OCD on details (especially cosplay) AND cleanliness- Looks far younger than his maturity levelLikes/Dislikes- Chicken- Dislikes Yin Yong; would attack if given chance.Posted ImageYin YongSiblings:NoneOccupationCrossplayerAccessories- Shoujo sparkles and flowers- Any purple item- Regenerating Magical Camera Phone Sleeves!Personality and Quirks- Can sing, but overdoes the performance and turns people off- Breaks rules without meaning to- Has no concept of personal space... hence why Coffy needs a metal harisen with him instead of a paper one- Big ego, but bigger heart. Narcisstic.- Tends to appear in a shower of sparkles- Lame jokes. Also tends to be bullied.- Overly forward and has no concept of personal space. Tends to get into people's face (just ask Coffy!)Likes and dislikes- In love with Coffy.- Hates her brother Tea- Loves long coats and sleeves. Doesn't seem affected by the Malaysian weather- Loves Camera Phones. Has endless supply up his sleeves? Well somewhere at least. Security is still trying to figure that one out.Appearance:- Tall and lithe- Has waist-long brown hair, the colour of milk coffee when not in costume- Hair sways gently in the wind... even when there is no wind.- Big grin with compulsory corner shiny teeth- Something purple on himArtwork Terms & Conditions1. ALL artworks must comply with the following format:
  • Size: A4 (29.7cm x 21cm) (*edited on 14/8)
  • Resolution: 300dpi
  • File Formats: JPEG file - full quality save. (12)
2. Please send in your following details. Only your Alias/Nickname and Personal Site will appear in public, other personal details are strictly for contact purposes only:
  • Full Name (Follow NRIC/Passport)
  • Alias/Nickname (Work will be credited with this name)
  • Email
  • Website or gallery, such as Deviantart and Pixiv Account (Optional)
  • Mobile Contact Number
3. Digital OR Traditional mediums are both accepted. You will still have to digitize it however to send via email.4. All Artworks should be in colour; B&W are only accepted in exceptional cases.5. Contributors are encouraged to adapt any style of drawing they please.6. Any submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.7. Submissions must feature at least one of our mascots (Coffy, Tea and/or our secret sidekick mascot) in it. Otherwise, the theme is up to you.8. Any and all artworks submitted will be considered a contribution to CF’s library and may be used for promotional purposes without prior notice.9. Be as creative and mind-numbingly detailed as you can, but don’t forget to have fun!10. Send your submission via email together with your details to: cf.illustration@gmail.com with the subject header, “CF11 Artbook Submission” with your details mention above.

#2 Azunatsu

Azunatsu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

OK I got question, the 100 days countdown art will be automatically added here but will other art that's related to the 100days countdown art (but different in many ways like...addtion of OCs) be added there as well?
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

#3 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

I'm not sure what do you mean by addtion of OC, can you further elaborate your question please?

#4 rai1000

rai1000

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

I'm not sure what do you mean by addtion of OC, can you further elaborate your question please?

Hmm, I think he/she means as in adding his/her own original characters along with the mascots of CF for the other contribution for the artbook other than the 100 day countdown. :0I actually felt like I would've given the same question here since including OCs inside seemed not too bad an idea and to consider that we're given freedom of concept ideas and themes and all...then again, if it's not how the way works, I guess I can live with drawing only the mascots too... ^^;But I must admit, I am quite tempted to do one with OCs and the mascots as well, since they really kinda grow on me after seeing the artworks of many contributions on last year...

#5 D-Yanah

D-Yanah

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

can I participate this eventhough i am not paprticipating in 100 Days Countdown??

#6 lowiesclw

lowiesclw

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

so even i already take part n 100 countdown, also can send the artwork piece to CF artbook Submissions...right?
2010 cosplay project :: Muramasa: demon Blade - Momohime ::2010 Fanart Project- Nintendo Wii Game, Keroro Gunso...::::: if u need ppl join doujin booth, contact me..XD :::::

#7 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hi want to know is there a limit/rule to how many submissions an individual can make? i.e. can one person submit more than one artwork? Thanks in advance~

#8 RaYHiM3

RaYHiM3

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Can i participate? I missed the CF 100 day countdown and i want to draw coffy and tea and get featured in the artbook(interested). (: What do i have to do?

#9 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hmm, I think he/she means as in adding his/her own original characters along with the mascots of CF for the other contribution for the artbook other than the 100 day countdown. :0I actually felt like I would've given the same question here since including OCs inside seemed not too bad an idea and to consider that we're given freedom of concept ideas and themes and all...then again, if it's not how the way works, I guess I can live with drawing only the mascots too... ^^;But I must admit, I am quite tempted to do one with OCs and the mascots as well, since they really kinda grow on me after seeing the artworks of many contributions on last year...

Yes, you can draw your original characters along with the mascots =)

#10 kaoru

kaoru

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

I got a few questons..Must i submit my artwork related to anime?Can i use pen to draw and colour my artwork??

#11 Azunatsu

Azunatsu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Yes, you can draw your original characters along with the mascots =)

Ah...great now that's more like it ^_^.
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

#12 ahliang141

ahliang141

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

7. Submissions must feature at least one of our mascots (Coffy, Tea and/or our secret sidekick mascot) in it. Otherwise, the theme is up to you.i dont get this....is that means we can draw anything but we MUST include at least one of the mascots?

#13 neu

neu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

So not every piece of 100days Countdown will be in the artbook?

#14 Orz-kun

Orz-kun

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

I'm so new at Comic Fiesta and I want to enter the artbook but I don't know the 100th countdown. Can anybody explain?
Click This: http://adf.ly/2B9Tu :D

#15 Animetor_Lily

Animetor_Lily

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Yosh, since I missed this year's 100 days, I'll give this a shot :idea:

#16 D-Yanah

D-Yanah

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

question: can i send my artwork after UPSR?(15 September 2011)

#17 Orz-kun

Orz-kun

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

How many artwork can you send?
Click This: http://adf.ly/2B9Tu :D

#18 Chiaki Chan

Chiaki Chan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

how much will the art book be by purchase?

#19 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

[quote='D-Yanah' pid='328244' dateline='1313206862']can I participate this eventhough i am not paprticipating in 100 Days Countdown??[/quote]Yes, you can.[quote='lowiesclw' pid='328252' dateline='1313214915']so even i already take part n 100 countdown, also can send the artwork piece to CF artbook Submissions...right?[/quote]Yes, artwork that you're sending for 100 days countdown this year can also be submitted for CF artbook submissions.[quote='kuro' pid='328260' dateline='1313224922']Hi want to know is there a limit/rule to how many submissions an individual can make? i.e. can one person submit more than one artwork? Thanks in advance~ [/quote][quote='Orz-kun' pid='328341' dateline='1313296466']How many artwork can you send?[/quote]Yes, you can submit more than 1 artwork but do keep in mind that not all of the submissions would be accepted due to the limited amount of artworks that we can put into the artbook. It would be advisable that you spend more time and effort in illustrating the artwork rather than producing more artworks in such a short time. Quality over quantity; good luck and have fun! :)[quote='RaYHiM3' pid='328264' dateline='1313226037']Can i participate? I missed the CF 100 day countdown and i want to draw coffy and tea and get featured in the artbook(interested). (: What do i have to do?[/quote]Yes, you can. Please read the rules, it has already stated what you need to do.[quote='kaoru' pid='328268' dateline='1313228022']I got a few questons..Must i submit my artwork related to anime?Can i use pen to draw and colour my artwork??[/quote]Your artwork could be in any theme but it must at least feature one of our mascots (profiles of the mascots are mentioned in the rules) and yes, you can draw with pen and color your artwork traditionally or digitally.[quote='ahliang141' pid='328285' dateline='1313240399']7. Submissions must feature at least one of our mascots (Coffy, Tea and/or our secret sidekick mascot) in it. Otherwise, the theme is up to you.i dont get this....is that means we can draw anything but we MUST include at least one of the mascots?[/quote]Yes, you must include at least one of the mascots.[quote='Neuro' pid='328297' dateline='1313248030']So not every piece of 100days Countdown will be in the artbook?[/quote]Yes, due to limited amount of artworks can be put into the artbook, we'll be picking limited amount of artworks from the submissions.[quote='Orz-kun' pid='328298' dateline='1313248154']I'm so new at Comic Fiesta and I want to enter the artbook but I don't know the 100th countdown. Can anybody explain?[/quote]100 days countdown is another activity in CF where artist submit their artwork each day to countdown till the event day but currently, the submissions for the 100 days is full and close now. For those who is submitting the artwork for the 100 days can also submit the same artwork to this artbook submissions as well.[quote='D-Yanah' pid='328340' dateline='1313296254']question: can i send my artwork after UPSR?(15 September 2011)[/quote]Yes, you can but please send in by 11.59pm(GMT+8), 25th October 2011.[quote='Akane Chiaki' pid='328377' dateline='1313324375']how much will the art book be by purchase?[/quote]We will announce the price for the artbook as soon as things are confirmed. :)

#20 fishu

fishu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I'm participating in this <3Because I missed 100 days D:
The procrastinator.

#21 D-Yanah

D-Yanah

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

ouh!okay~thanks a lot~XD

#22 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

So, if I were to draw a DBZ fan art that INCLUDES at least any one of the mascots, it's totally fine too?

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~

#23 Saz Chrithclow

Saz Chrithclow

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Woah! This is fun! I'm still new here and you can call me Saz. Uh, how can you upload your entry?
Don't be idle. DRAW, DRAWW AND DRAW!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! These are one of my Drawings!!!! XD my deviantart
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Guest_a29_*

Guest_a29_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi there guys!I have a question: are here any regional restrictions? Are submissions allowed from Malaysian artists only?Thanks in advance!

#25 nue.ele

nue.ele

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Is it fine if do collaboration? :(I thot of doing collab with friend for the submission.

#26 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:37 AM

So, if I were to draw a DBZ fan art that INCLUDES at least any one of the mascots, it's totally fine too?

Yes, it's fine. :)

Woah! This is fun! I'm still new here and you can call me Saz. Uh, how can you upload your entry?

Send in the artwork you've done and submit it to cf.illustration@gmail.com. For more info regarding the artwork format and the theme, please refer to the rules & regulations from the first post.

Hi there guys!I have a question: are here any regional restrictions? Are submissions allowed from Malaysian artists only?Thanks in advance!

Nope, artists from other regions/countries are welcome to participate

Is it fine if do collaboration? :(I thot of doing collab with friend for the submission.

Yes, its fine to do a collaboration :)

#27 Saz Chrithclow

Saz Chrithclow

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Send in the artwork you've done and submit it to cf.illustration@gmail.com. For more info regarding the artwork format and the theme, please refer to the rules & regulations from the first post.

I see... Thanks for the information. I've already read the Rules and Regulation. I'll do my best! ^w^
Don't be idle. DRAW, DRAWW AND DRAW!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! These are one of my Drawings!!!! XD my deviantart
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 lightjirachi97

lightjirachi97

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

what if we are unable to make it for the comic fiesta date to collect the art book? > <

#29 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

what if we are unable to make it for the comic fiesta date to collect the art book? > <

We will mail the artbook for those who don't leave around Klang Valley but if you're living around Klang valley, we can arrange a meetup and pass you the artbook.

#30 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Yes, it's fine. :D

Coolio! Cheers for the clarification! :heart:

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~