Photo

C.A.P. Bracket Prediction Contest - Rules & Regs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Crazy Awesome Bracket Prediction ContestRules & RegulationsPosted ImageIn conjunction with the Crazy Awesome Polls being held this year, Comic Fiesta @ SAYS Youth Society will be having a Bracket Prediction Contest. This is where you, the forumer, will not only get to push for your favorite characters, but be rewarded should they fit your fancy!It's simple:

1. Prepare a Prediction Bracket.2. Post the Bracket Image as a reply to This Thread before the 17th of September.3. Wait for the Polls to Start4. Push for Your Favorite Characters.5. Watch Your Characters Win

The forumer whose predictions are the closest to the actual results will win RM200 CASH!Sample of a Completed BracketPosted ImageAn empty version of the brackets is included in the file attached to this post!DEADLINE EXTENDED: 1st OCTOBER 2011Rules & Regulations
Spoiler
In the interest to keep this thread as clean as possible, please keep your questions to this thread and leave the other thread for bracket predictions.

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#2 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Thank you Jocelyn Chong for the translations!狂酷对阵预测竞赛规则与条例Posted Image结合在今年举行的狂酷投票活动,Comic Fiesta @ SAYS Youth Society将会举办狂酷对阵预测竞赛。在这里,网友们,您们不仅有机会推动您最喜欢的人物,还将得到相应的回报!方法很简单:

引用:1. 准备一个对阵预测图。2. 将制作好的对阵预测图回复在这个帖里。3. 等待投票开始4. 为您最喜欢的人物拉票。5. 期待您喜爱的人物胜出

最接近实际结果的预测图将赢得200令吉现金!完整的对阵图范例:Posted Image空白的对阵图附件连接已随此帖附上。展延截止: 2011年10月1日规则与条例
Spoiler
请在此发表疑問。对阵预测图则请回复在这帖内

#3 Sofea

Sofea

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

i can join this contest too by post the prediction bracket, right?so i have to fill in the bracket like the example u give above? which i have to fill all the empty spaces with my fav characters and choose the best to be fill in the FINAL space?
..still learning..

#4 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

Fea Sakura>> Yeap. That's exactly it. =)You're allowed ONE chance to change your brackets after the polls start before the quarter finals (Round of 8) to improve your odds including the future line-up of characters, but everything in the passed brackets cannot be changed.Note: If you use this chance to change your brackets, please do inform me about it by sending me a PM with the time and date of your change. If the time and date of a change on your post is set after the polls and I have no notice if this, your bracket will be disqualified. :D

#5 shiroiakaru

shiroiakaru

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

how do I do the crossing in excel? ^^;;;
deviantARTNice to meet you all here!!! :D

#6 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Just copy+paste the names you like from one side of the bracket into the other. After that if you'd like to make your choices clearer, highlight the losing brackets with a darker/different color (but make sure the words are still visible). Hope this helps. =)

#7 shiroiakaru

shiroiakaru

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Just copy+paste the names you like from one side of the bracket into the other. After that if you'd like to make your choices clearer, highlight the losing brackets with a darker/different color (but make sure the words are still visible). Hope this helps. =)

Thank you very much!!! >w<
deviantARTNice to meet you all here!!! :D

#8 ahliang141

ahliang141

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

since the deadline has extended to 1st october,is that means we can still edit our posted entry before 1st october?

#9 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

since the deadline has extended to 1st october,is that means we can still edit our posted entry before 1st october?

Yeap. But the rule for editing still applies; you cannot edit ones which have already lost/are currently ongoing. =3

#10 ahliang141

ahliang141

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Yeap. But the rule for editing still applies; you cannot edit ones which have already lost/are currently ongoing. =3

but isn't that the late comer already know the result for 1st and 2nd week before they post their prediction by 1st october??:huh:then it is unfair to those submitted ealier

#11 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

but isn't that the late comer already know the result for 1st and 2nd week before they post their prediction by 1st october??:huh:then it is unfair to those submitted ealier

Those won't be counted. We will only take into account the prediction of brackets that happen after their submission, so those who started earlier have a chance to have a higher score.Case and point would be SugarGal's latest submission. It was given in after the first week's polls had started, so any result that tallies this week on her prediction won't add to her score.Otherwise it wouldn't be a much of a "prediction" contest, would it? :D

#12 sakuradesune

sakuradesune

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

so i still can change for the second week prediction, prelims and wont be counted as lifeline right?life line only will be counted starting 1st october?how to make the changes? just directly change the prediction of winning without changing the name i predict on ongoing and complete round? example, week 1 i cant change already, but i change the name in week 3 prelims base on the result of week 1 then choose my prediction from there. is this correct?
sakuradesune.jpg

#13 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

[quote='sakuradesune' pid='330827' dateline='1316313236']so i still can change for the second week prediction, prelims and wont be counted as lifeline right? life line only will be counted starting 1st october?[/quote]Yes. That's exactly it. =)[quote name=''sakuradesune' pid='330827' dateline='1316313236']how to make the changes? just directly change the prediction of winning without changing the name i predict on ongoing and complete round? example' date=' week 1 i cant change already, but i change the name in week 3 prelims base on the result of week 1 then choose my prediction from there. is this correct?[/quote']That's exactly right as well. So do feel free to make any changes between now and 1st October on upcoming brackets. However, once the 1st October brackets begin, any changes from there will be considered a use of your lifeline. =)

#14 SugarGal

SugarGal

Ace Attorney

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

I have no problems with the new arrangements. It's only fair for those who started early. =)
Posted Image
Cosplay Plans:
Shimada Minami (Baka to Test to Shokanjuu!)
N (Pokemon Black/White)
Kururugi Suzaku (Code Geass)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
Korra (Avatar: Legend of Korra)
: SugarGaL's deviantART : SugarGaL's WorldCosplay :

#15 ahliang141

ahliang141

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

okay i get it!thanks~i have updated my entry,good luck to all:D

#16 satan666

satan666

KNS Student

• Members
  • 3386 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

Spoiler
Spoiler
The 4 winners from each bracket will be randomly matched but we need to use our "lifeline" before the Quarter Finals. Does this mean when the Quarter Final list is out, we cannot use our lifeline anymore?

The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create. Leonard I. Sweet

Am I dreamin? Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Spoiler
Spoiler
The 4 winners from each bracket will be randomly matched but we need to use our "lifeline" before the Quarter Finals. Does this mean when the Quarter Final list is out, we cannot use our lifeline anymore?

Nope. Only after the polls begin. There will be a little bit of time in between for you to adjust your brackets. =)