Photo

Webcomics!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hey everyone! IDK if this sort of thread has started up before or not, but I didn't see anything like this so whatever I'm a rebel baby!Anywho, what are your favorite webcomics? I know some of us read them ;D Okay, a LOT of us read them. I don't mean comics that are put up on Mangafox or anything like that, I mean honest-to-god, worked from scratch webcomics ♥All of mine tend to be Smackjeeves related ahaha but here goes:Black Dram NSFWAda Lee Comes On! NSFWWho Takes Out the Garbage? NSFWThe World In Deeper InspectionCurio*NSFW = Not safe for work; there are tits and what not in these.So! What are YOUR favorites :'D
Posted Imageich liebe nicht dich, meine frau, aber vielleicht werde ich eines Tages.

#2 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

MEMS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I SHOULD HOP BY ON THE FORUMS MORE OFTEN; your threads are some of the most interesting. So many things to chit-chat about!I've so many webcomics that I've been reading lately, but here are my favourites:The MeekHanna is Not a Boy's NameLackadaisyAnfangeBird-BoyRice-Boy (this is the most inspiring I have read)And my friend's upcoming webcomic, Red Herring, but I guess this is just me, haha.I tend to love the more original, out-of-this-world stuff, and I think we really should have more of this in both web and print. MEMS ARE YOU WITH ME?! >O

#3 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

(oh mein gott meine leibling, you've put up my comic ahhhh <3333 You are too good to me ldjksadlas)

I tend to love the more original, out-of-this-world stuff, and I think we really should have more of this in both web and print. MEMS ARE YOU WITH ME?! >O

You know I'm all for it baby ;____; I'm obviously more in love with psychological warfare and trippy acid trip comics that deal with emotions and what not. Because I am vague and artsy that way ;___; 'Curio' has got to be the MOST charming thing I've read on the internet <3333
Posted Imageich liebe nicht dich, meine frau, aber vielleicht werde ich eines Tages.

#4 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

You read pretty NSFW stuff girl.=oMy favourite is this http://questionablec....net/index.php. Give it a try =)

#5 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Well, Black Dram because there's hints of BL throughout the comic, so I didn't want to offend anyone XD Ada Lee Comes On! and Who Takes Out the Garbage? are only NSFW because there are some nude-y scenes XDAnd ooh, I've read Questionable Content. It's alright, but I don't follow it much :< I'm having trouble trying to follow Homestuck as it is XD

#6 crankynovi

crankynovi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I've randomly wandered here to tell joo that I've been faithfully reading Lackadaisy. =w=

#7 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

LOL you have good taste then ;D I heart talking jive cats in the 1920's <3

#8 NekoFruit

NekoFruit

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Let me tell you about Homestuck...HEE HEE HOO HOO HAA HAAIt's a crazy place there. I think you need super reading powers to read all 6000something pages.(I read other stuffs too. Not just that.)

#9 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

frak me, I tried to get into Homestuck at the beginning BUT I KEEP GETTING DISTRACTED.I read the Midnight Crew intermission though, I really just like the bits about them and the Felt <3

#10 Ashalia

Ashalia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

How about these? Well, I'm reading these, that is. XDOrder of the StickCucumber Quest (the same artist&writer as the P4 webcomic! ...and that one is currently on a very long hiatus. ;_; )Gigaville - The Last Days of FOXHOUNDYea, pretty old stuff. Ish. Other usual ones are Penny Arcade, Cyanide and Happiness, and XKCD. ^_^
Posted Image

#11 crankynovi

crankynovi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

Ooooo, Cucumber Quest! I love her colouring. *w*Penny Arcade... I was playing a game called "On the Rain-Slick Precipe of Darkness" and I wonder if they are related. :/Curio is really adowaaableeee. I'm glad I checked it out. Here's one I've been reading as well 8D Unsounded

#12 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Oh wow wow wow wow wow <3 I love the art for Unsounded, I might just pick it up as some weekend reading later on <3ICE by Faith Erin Hicks is an amazing read; I could totally see it being made as a mini-series or something, it's just -that- good <3333

#13 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

You know what I REALLLY like most?Lackadaisy and Sister Claire. I tried getting into Homestuck buuuuuuuuuut.....it's not my cup of tea. :c Also check out Laslindas - but only if you're looking for a good laugh And anthromorphaic fan service. If you, however, think it has a good story, I can tell you right now that it doesn't. You'll be sorely disappointed. Just...read it for the lulz. And it's NSFW. VERY NSFW YA ADIK-ADIK SEKALIAN.P.S. No Pink Ponies.

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~

#14 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Oh man, Eisu's art is gorgeous, but he needs to work a little on his storytelling ;___; Some of his dialogue is a little cringe-worthy ;____; NOT THAT I'M ONE TO TALK *shot*Baldirfilay is super interesting, and it's a shame it hasn't updated in a while ;___; The art is gorgeous and the story's intriguing. I can overlook the dialogue, seeing as it was originally written in Spanish and this is the translated one ;____; Hnngh! ♥

#15 MaX

MaX

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

I-I AM APPALLED THAT NOBODY HAS MENTIONED JOHNNY WANDER YET.*cries in a corner*...*gets up*Yeah, that's the only comic I read religiously/intermittently, along with Sinfest, Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name(on indefinite hiatus), Girls With Slingshots, and Octopus Pie.My most recent love is SAKANA.

#16 Kimm

Kimm

Magical Mars Bar

• Community Moderator
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

Only when I feel hardworking. XD;; Not linking. On iPod. Linking is a bitch. Super Effective (updates are slow ;A; )Romantically Apocalyptic (updates are slow but art is *w*) I used to read Abstruse Goose.. Not sure why I stopped xD;; I don't read a lot of web comics.. But then again.. I don't read a lot of manga. (I do, sekaligus gus read banyak-banyak then stop for long long time then read again... Cycle continues) xD;;;

Howl "Baby" Fyrallon
STR: 1+1 DEX: 3 CON: 2 INT: 2 SPI: 2-1

Posted Image

#17 Memai

Memai

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

MaX >> LOL You'd be surprised at how many webcomics I haven't read yet, but are supposedly very big names XpSakana is gorgeous though, I'll have to admit ; w; It deserves all the awards and ovation it gets on SJ ; ^;Kimm >> I do the same thing too ; ^; Read a lot, then stop, then read a lot again XD It makes the weekend fly by a little too quickly though ; w; Romantically Apocalyptic is gorgeous though, I can only wish to be that good ONE DAY (maybe when I'm old and dying? ahahaha), I barely have enough patience for my black and white, lineart-y comic, imagine having to PAINT everything ;____;[/quote]

#18 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

@MaX - Wow, I just read a few pages of SAKANA and already I'm hooked! Gorgeous art right there!

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

#19 MaX

MaX

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

@Memai - Haha, don't worry about it, I just love to be ~DRAMATIC~ Same goes for me...believe it or not I don't really read XKCD (did I spell that correctly? OTL)@VegetaSyedPutra - Yeah, the art was the thing that got me hooked first, then the story, LOL! I wish that there were more people in CF who gravitate towards these webcomic styles... *__*

#20 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

@MAXMAXI HAVE NO IDEA THAT YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT IN THE FORUMS-I actually don't read a lot of webcomics to be honest. Same goes for printed comics. In comparison to a number of people/artists, I read like a sad, sad, trickling amount of comics. I often read short ones though, likeRyan AndrewsEmily CarrollWho I think manage to achieve depth and originality and impact with so short and sparse a medium, which is wonderful because we do need quality like this in our local industry. We need it. But who are the ones able to do it? Us.I could go on and on about this topic, but that is for another thread! 8DDOR WHEN EVERYONE IS MORE ACTIVE HERE.DISCUSSION IS FUN.BUT MAKING AWESOME THINGS IS FUN-NER

#21 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

Does anyone read 8-Bit Theather?http://www.nuklearpower.com/
Posted Image

#22 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

@VegetaSyedPutra - Yeah, the art was the thing that got me hooked first, then the story, LOL! I wish that there were more people in CF who gravitate towards these webcomic styles... *__*

I'm planning on one, but I need ideas. And get rid of my anime style. Just...BLARG. I really love non-anime styles these days. You can thank Memai and Ashel for that.

#23 Kimm

Kimm

Magical Mars Bar

• Community Moderator
  • 971 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

HOOOOOMESTUCKKKKKKK *shotdown*

(DAAAAAAVEEE *fangirl*)

It's gonna take me awhile to catch up. I was halfway through the second part when my desktop died Q__Q

I love the animations and the music in it. Really. <3

Imma read Problem Sleuth next, too. ^__^

Howl "Baby" Fyrallon
STR: 1+1 DEX: 3 CON: 2 INT: 2 SPI: 2-1

Posted Image