Photo

Day into Night, A Gothic Outing in KL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Greetings dear members of Comic Fiesta. I am Lady Stephanie from the Facebook group L&V Gothic. I cordially invite anyone interested to our Eve of Halloween gathering entitled:Day Into Night, A Gothic Outing in Kuala LumpurA Eve of Halloween L&V Gothic GatheringDate: 30th October 2011Dress Code for those attending:Gothic: Victorian/Neo-Victorian; SteamPunk; Aristocratic; Industrial; Gothic-Punk; Any of the 150 styles of Goth. Lolita: Gothic Lolita, Classic Lolita, Sweet Lolita.PunkVisual KeiAgenda:- Meet up location: KL Sentral in McDonalds - located near the KTM & LRT Terminals. Meet up time: 10am – 10.30am. We will then take the LRT to the Masjid Jamek Station and head to Sultan Abdul Samad Building together. First Event Location: Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Photo Shoot) Once the photo-shoot is over, we’ll return to KL Sentral and head outside to the Monorail station in Brickfields to go to our event’s second location, Times Square. Second Event Location: Berjaya Times Square, Jln Imbi. (Lunch)Third Event: Trick O' Treat (After lunch We are having our own Trick O' Treat session. Please bring your own bag to collect candies (amount of candies given will depend on how many people confirm their attendance) BUT! If after saying "Trick O' Treat" you are asked to do a "Trick" you will have to do something :- sing, act out a scene from an anime, anything - to get your candies) (You don't have to do the trick alone, you can act it out with your friend or friends) (fourth event - Group photo shoot on 7th or 8th floor of Times Square) Event end time: 3pm or 4pm Extra words by the organizer: As the name suggest this is a Gothic Outing in KL so we are going to be walking around (in daylight, my apologies my children of the shadows). That is why we ought to meet and go together in a group – strength in numbers, so no need to by shy-shy. And in the spirit of environmental awareness, this will be our Group’s first green-themed event. I hope and encourage almost all those participating in the event to take mainly, if possible, public transport on that day. Let us save a little of our planet. Necessary items: A change of shoes, so you don’t have to walk around in your boots or lovely shoes. (Not absolutely necessary - but it will depend on the types of shoes you'll be wearing for the photo shoot) Small change to take the public transport or Touch & Go card. If you have any suggestions for this event or comments, please let us know. Thank you. :DATTENDING1. Lady Stephanie2. L&V Gothic member3. L&V Gothic member4. CrossRoseJU5. saraf66527MAYBE ATTENDING1. Prince Xiao Rain2. L&V Gothic member3. L&V Gothic member4. RaYHiM35. L&V Gothic member

#2 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

The above post will be updated from time to time, please keep checking this thread for further updates. Thank you.

#3 RaYHiM3

RaYHiM3

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

I'm confused about the clothing ..is it wear gothic outfits like black clothes or just wear normal je? :D and until what time?

#4 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm confused about the clothing ..is it wear gothic outfits like black clothes or just wear normal je? :o and until what time?

Hi RayHiM3, We're really open on which style you can wear for the gathering, as our members consists of Goths, Lolita and Punks. To answer your question if you want to participate in the events planned like the Photo Shoot and Trick O' Treat then yes, one has to dress in one of the many gothic styles for example:- Aristocratic style (which is mostly black & white and elegant) Neo-Victorian (Looks like a cross between Victorian/Aristocratic and modern styles) Steampunk style. Or you can even come in one of the Industrial styles. You can choose from one of the 150 styles of Goth to dress in. But if none of the Gothic styles interests you then you can also dress as a Lolita in the event. The styles of Lolita we recommend for the event are Gothic Lolita, Classic Lolita and the Sweet Lolita styles. However, if you're not into Lolita then you can do punk or dress up as a Visual Kei. As a Gothic group we are very open to other alternative styles. But, if you if wish only to observe us or wish to be a photographer then it's not necessary to dress up in any of the above styles. What time does this event end? Um... perhaps between 3pm or 4pm. We've just begun planning the event and are concentrating on the theme for the photo shoot at the Sultan Abdul Samad building so we forgot about the time this event ends. :blush: Thank you for reminding us about it!! :D

#5 RaYHiM3

RaYHiM3

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

I'm confused about the clothing ..is it wear gothic outfits like black clothes or just wear normal je? :o and until what time?

Hi RayHiM3, We're really open on which style you can wear for the gathering, as our members consists of Goths, Lolita and Punks. To answer your question if you want to participate in the events planned like the Photo Shoot and Trick O' Treat then yes, one has to dress in one of the many gothic styles for example:- Aristocratic style (which is mostly black & white and elegant) Neo-Victorian (Looks like a cross between Victorian/Aristocratic and modern styles) Steampunk style. Or you can even come in one of the Industrial styles. You can choose from one of the 150 styles of Goth to dress in. But if none of the Gothic styles interests you then you can also dress as a Lolita in the event. The styles of Lolita we recommend for the event are Gothic Lolita, Classic Lolita and the Sweet Lolita styles. However, if you're not into Lolita then you can do punk or dress up as a Visual Kei. As a Gothic group we are very open to other alternative styles. But, if you if wish only to observe us or wish to be a photographer then it's not necessary to dress up in any of the above styles. What time does this event end? Um... perhaps between 3pm or 4pm. We've just begun planning the event and are concentrating on the theme for the photo shoot at the Sultan Abdul Samad building so we forgot about the time this event ends. :blush: Thank you for reminding us about it!! :D

Oh..but i dun have any gothic/lolita/visual kei clothing...OTL ..and i'm not a photographer either..D: Can i just be a stalker? LOL XD

#6 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

LOL RaYHiM3!! Hahaha, stalker? Sure, you are welcome to join us in casuals. Maybe you can be our slave muhahaha... no just kidding. But, honestly, you are welcome to join us as yourself. Will you attend our little gathering?

#7 RaYHiM3

RaYHiM3

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

LOL RaYHiM3!! Hahaha, stalker? Sure, you are welcome to join us in casuals. Maybe you can be our slave muhahaha... no just kidding. But, honestly, you are welcome to join us as yourself. Will you attend our little gathering?

Umm..i'm not sure yet..>< I have to see first whether my parents let me go.. but still have time right? (:

#8 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

Yes, you've got a lot of time. Can I put you as a maybe?

#9 RaYHiM3

RaYHiM3

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yes, you've got a lot of time. Can I put you as a maybe?

Okay~..but maybe only i can come ya? (:

#10 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

ok :-)

#11 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi? Gothic outing sounds fantastic! Can I join? :D

#12 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Yes, of course :D More the merrier! May I ask will you be joining us for the whole outing, or just either for the photo shoot or lunch? If you are joining us for the whole outing then I recommend bringing an umbrella, and if in Gothic attire a comfortable change of shoes for walking around. ^_^

#13 CrossRoseJU

CrossRoseJU

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

oh my it really looks interesting! can i join? :3
[align=left]nyan blognyan twitternyan tumblr[/align]

#14 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

Yes, of course. May I confirm your attendance?

#15 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hi Stephanie! I just PM u this morning regarding the event.I would like to join but I'm very new in this forum & I know nobody. Hopefully there will be a pre meeting b4 the event so that I can get acquaintance with other participants. :D

#16 CrossRoseJU

CrossRoseJU

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

I got the same case with saraf... And yes, confirm :D

#17 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

Ok.. Me confirm too..:D Sorry, btw Im certainly will join the photo shot sessions & lunch. Maybe I will skip the trick O treat session only.

#18 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Dear sara, I regret to inform you that I did not receive your PM. ^_^ I would like to say welcome to the Comic Fiesta Forum and to an L&V Gothic event. Um, you could say there will be a pre-meeting before the start of the event at McDonalds KL Sentral. I hope that everyone will be able to make it there as participants are to meet there. Before we leave for the photo shoot location, we will be having an impromtu meet and greet/get to know one another session. It's a natural course of interaction in any gathering. And don't worry about being early as I will be there early myself as I have to travel from Klang. I will probably be there around 9am. Also I suggest we all go to the locations together for safety in numbers because most of us will be in Lolita and Aristocrat. Oh, and since this is a green event we'll be doing a lot of walking, so please bring a change of shoes for walking and erm, perhaps an umbrella because you'll never know when it'll rain with our unpredictable weather. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. And if you're shy, don't worry you can bring along a friend or family member :) All are welcome.  Dear CrossRoseJU,Thank you for your reply and thank you for confirming your attendance in our event. Can't wait to see you there. :-) Erm, will you be there for the whole event or just a segment of it? Sorry, I need to know because we have to know how much candy to have for Trick O' Treat. I do apologize for asking -_-'

#19 CrossRoseJU

CrossRoseJU

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

can't wait to see you all too! uhmm I will stay til the event end, mean I am attending the whole event! Nvm it's okay ^_^

#20 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Thank you very much and can't wait to see you too ^_^

#21 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Morning Stephanie?I think perhaps u didnt get my previous PM because i sent it thru my phone. Sorry to ask again where will you get the Lolita & Aristocrate costume? Will you rent it or you buy it?Is there any shop you know i can get such costume?Thanks & have a nice day! ^_^

#22 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hey there Sara, good morning dear. Hm, now that is a very good question. For those in L&V Gothic we buy or make our own. Those who can afford buy online or at iSOCKS located in Berjaya Times Square. But, with both looks you have to research on how they are supposed to look. If you can't source these clothes online, the only way to get Lolita apparel is from iSOCKS. But, please, if you are doing Lolita please do reseach into the look from Lolita based websites or you can ask me if you need more information on it before going to buy from there. Don't ask the salegirls to recommend anything either. They don't know much about Lolita to make any good recommendations. But be prepared to spend BIG - A jumperskirt from them costs RM139 and full dress or jumperskirt set is RM 300+ You can do research into Lolita here: http://www.lolitafas.../sitec.phpThere are a number for substyles in Lolita. The most done is usually Sweet Lolita, Classic Lolita & Gothic Lolita (which is more difficult to do than most people think) Sweet Lolita is the easiest to achieve. Make up is zero or minimal - very light, perhaps foundation, lip gloss and that's it or light colored eye shadow or none at all)A pannier to make sure your skirt is puffyA cute print or pastle colored lolita dress. A lolita dress without sleeves is called a Jumperskirt (JSK) and a jumperskirt must always be accompanied by a blouse underneath (rather like wearing a pinafore dress) White knee high socks with lace on the top or pure white pantyhose. None of those ankle-line socksLight colored mary-jane shoes. Also a similar colored alice bow on your head. You can wear your hair down or in two pony tails on the side of your head. Tip: If your dress is pink, make sure everything else is pink as well. Your blouse and or socks can be white, but the rest - pink. Neo-Victorian Goth (which is easier & cheaper to do) The example I am giving you is a look most beginners go for and it is easier to compile as you can get your clothes from any mall - well almost. Almost normal makeup - dark red lips and dark eye shadow (dark brown/purple/black) A white blouse (with a bit of frills on the front) A black vestA black mini skirt/or black frilly bell skirt or any knee high black skirt. You can also pair it with elegant knee lenght shorts (if you can find them -_-') Black knee high socks (solid black/lacy pattern) (NEVER use fishnet socks for goth) Black boots or black rounded/square elegant shoes. No pointy ones. You can also pair this look with a long black coat if you have one. You can go without a headdress for this look or you can use a mini-top hat to finish this simple but elegant look.I hope this helps. The Aristocrat look is a little more difficult and more expansive than Lolita, so I will not recommend it for beginners. Now, I must remind any and all those new to Lolita and Goth... these are clothes and not costumes so they should never be shiny or look as if they are cheap costumes. They are elegant clothes and are supposed to look like so.

#23 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thanks so much for your informative responds :)Im in the midst of doing research on various type of Lolitha dresess and yes these are not costumes. They are actually a cute street fashion :)But I think I should do more research and find something that suitable for my age & size ^_^ Actually Im quite big & I dont think I will look cute in a jumperskirt with a knee high socks. Maybe i could try Neo-Victorian or Aristocrat as I love dark eye-shadow & Red Lipstick.

#24 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

Dear Sara, you are most welcome. Now that you've mentioned your size, you can give iSOCKS a miss. They only stock medium to small sized clothes and worst of all you can't try them on before buying. Can I ask, do you have sewing skills and do you have a sewing machine ready? If you do, then I can give you some patterns/ideas that you can sew in two weeks with a machine. Neo-Victorian and Aristocrat are almost the same in terms of looks, but Neo-Victorian has a alternative sub-culture of it's own behind it and Aristocrat came out of Lolita, but it is more mature/gothic and elegant. A great place to look at Neo-Victorian/Aristocrat designs are the Atelier Boz website and Retroscope fashions though Retroscope is also more Gothic/Victorian and Steampunk. How about giving Steampunk a try? It's like Neo-Victorian and Aristocrat but it has a more time-traveller look. ^_^

#25 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Stephanie. Yes, Ive browse thru the iSocks website. Seems like they only offer the small size clothings and their target market limits to teenagers age between 12-25 year only.I dont have any sewing skills but my mom is very good on that :)Yes, I found that Neo-Victorian is more mature and elegant. I dont mind to spend on the Gothic Long Fishtail/Victorian skirt as i can wear it for any other function. I might also giving steampunk a try...hmmm let see which one i can get faster.

#26 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

You're welcome about the suggestions. Haha, take your time choosing and trying to coordinate, there's still a lot of time.

#27 ZhangZhang83

ZhangZhang83

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

I'm just.... mysterious.... maybe Visual Kei.... maybe stalker.... :DWhen u seen a guy who was grey hair, no doubt thats me.

#28 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

LOL, no need to be stalker :D can join us as anything hehehe. I guess I'll put you as 'maybe attending' ok? You can also be our photographer or do you have any friend who is a photographer? We need photographers for this event - any and all are welcomed.

#29 saraf66527

saraf66527

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hi Stephanie,I finally got my steampunk blouse & pencil skirt from Spin Dr. Uk for the gothic outing event :)Btw, do you mind if i ask for your facebook email? I couldnt find any L&V Gothic group from FB lor...:D

#30 Lady Stephanie

Lady Stephanie

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Oh, I am so saddened to hear that you could not locate us on facebook. I'll pm you my FB particulars... also would you need my cell number? Just in case you need someone to contact on the event day?