28 replies to this topic

#1 FishyFantasy

FishyFantasy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

I'm turning 18 soon, I'm not an art student so I can't draw very well. I always feel like giving up after seeing other awesome works...^_^ Maybe I'm not suited to draw?
  • Neru-Nelle likes this

#2 little_farrie

little_farrie

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

No one is too old to draw. I have friends who are not in the art field studies and is over that age but they do still draw even if it's not so awesome. They see other awesome-filled drawings but that doesn't stop them because they LOVE to draw. Drawing should be fun and not something to be stressed about(unless it's for work but that's another story). I started out with horrid scribbles but I improve myself because I love drawing so much(and i'm in the medic-related studies) Maybe you should ask yourself why you draw. If it's for fun then, you shouldn't let other's drawing pull you from something you love. Try looking at those drawings as an inspiration, to improve yourself more and more. Be more positive! ^_^
  • Lucia NeKOI and Neru-Nelle like this
Posted Image

#3 kaoru_himura

kaoru_himura

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

My dear, you are just TOO young to say that you are TOO old to draw...You have a lot more time than other people out there to brush up your drawing skills. When you looked at an awesome drawing, you should take is as an inspiration, not a thing to feel down about. Try to analyze the drawing that caught your attention, see maybe you can find out some tips where you could use for your own drawings. You can learn to draw by first imitating your favorite mangaka's drawing, or any drawings from your favorite anime/manga. Don't exactly copy it, but try to reproduce the drawing the way you are able to (with your current skill level) It doesn't need to look the same, but from there, you can unconsciously develop your drawing skills. You can also try to look for some tutorials in Youtube. I used to search for "how to draw Hitsugaya" or "how to draw hands" and watch on how other people draw. I find it easier to learn when I can see how others did it. (I did the same to learn piano too)Well, thats just a few thing you can try out if you were to try learning on your own. You can always buy books, or find a friend or 2 who can share some tips with you, or even go to drawing classes. Remember, its never to late to learn, because life is all about...learning ^_^ Even after you tried your best and you still couldn't be a marvelous drawer, you can be proud to know that you have at least tried, ne?Keep it up, and don't give up k? I'm turning 28 and I love singing...I know ppl say its just too late for me to venture into singing at this age, but heck, I will regret it if I don't try XDGanbatte~!!!
  • Zackreon likes this
~Music is magic, so let it be heard~
Please click here and comment on my song cover~!

#4 MeowMeowAhBengBeng

MeowMeowAhBengBeng

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

It's not too late if you study properly. I'm even older than you. I'm 23. And I thought I was done for good from becoming an artist. But some people tell me that I am not. And they give me some amazing artist which start out from nothing, like this: http://conceptart.or...d.php?t=114449I extremely like Algenpfleger's sketchbook. It shows me that spending 2 hours per day studying textbook and sketching make miracle. If 2 hours are too long, 30 minutes, or nighttime before you sleep work as well. Currently I use my lunch break to study Loomis's book, and I can't tell you how much it fix up my used-to-be awfully deform anatomy within 2 weeks.People tend to look at a successful artist based from their latest work, often ignore the efforts they have putting into. This is a photo of sketchbooks from deviantART's popular anime artist, emperpep. Even an anime artist which people thought don't need too much practices work so hard on his skill. http://imageshack.us...0480resize.jpg/
  • Zackreon likes this

#5 icedsweettea

icedsweettea

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Who said that age is required for art activities? They have a lot of old guys up in Disney Studio! Age don't matter, dude. It's the passion and interest to draw what counts. You may feel that your drawings are very 'noob', but it's okay! It's all about practice! Carry a small notebook around to doodle in, or look through some drawing tutorials from time to time. It takes up a lot of patience to do art, then again it's never easy to start something new. Keep up a positive mind, and don't be sensitive on other people's opinion about your art. All it takes is your passion and honesty for this.
  • Zackreon likes this

#6 Yaegiri

Yaegiri

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

My god .... You are NEVER to old to do ANYTHING! Do what you love and f**k the rest ^^
[align=center]Posted Imagevia tumblr[/align]

#7 creamcaramello

creamcaramello

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

There's never an age limit to drawing. Don't let your age deter you. Sure, you might get a little discouraged when you see younger people who are farrrr talented but with diligence (in terms of practicing), it doesn't really take that long to improve. A friend of mine improved in the span of a year though she drew daily. As for myself, I still have a long way to go (plus, I'm not as diligent as her).

All and all, just enjoy drawing and all would be well. =D

WARNING: At times would disappear from the face of the planet without prior notice. =)

#8 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Dude those that draw manga & comic is mostly old too... some even have white hairs... duh!!!
  • kinomichi likes this
Don't ever dare saying something you don't dare to do !!!

Que Bee Ozairs
STR: 1 DEX: 3 CON: 1 INT: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 2
HP: 10/10

#9 karasu

karasu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hey pal! it is never too late.. ;) . with the right guidance and hardwork , you can catch up very fast. ganbate orh! keep on going!!!

#10 Leftenant

Leftenant

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

There are lots of artists that's older than you. I am old too. And do you know that lots of successful artists are self-taught? Lol don't let anything take you down from drawing ;) I draw too, and I am old.

TheColorless.net | ArtStation l PageTwitter

"And there will I keep you forever

Yes, forever and a day

Till the wall shall crumble to ruin

And moulder in dust away."

#11 Amin

Amin

ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

• Members
  • Pip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's never too late to do anything. I for one have started reading Harry Potter, on my SPM year. Should have chosen a better date...
Spoiler

#12 Weisschen

Weisschen

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Age is never a limit to an activity that you find enjoyable.

Art? Go on and forth. Paint your canvas blue & grey and give attention to none of the belittling society.

#13 kamgoku93

kamgoku93

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hey there~ Too old to draw? NO SUCH THING!!

Look at me, I've started drawing only when I turned 17 (maybe as early as 15 but I don't really want to count that as "drawing"), and now I'm turning 19 in the next few days but I still love drawing when I have some free time during work.

Age and status is never a limiting factor. I have a teacher who is 30 years old and still kicks my ass in SSF IV. =w=

So never give up on drawing if you love it so much. Hope to see one of your artworks~ :]
Kai Haruichi
STR:4 DEX:2 CON:2 INT:1 SPI: 1
HP:20
Posted Image
Favourite quotes
Kamehameha - Goku
Hadouken - Ryu

#14 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

ok, if u always tell yourself you are bad, cannot draw, this and that, let me tell you, you really cannot draw, since you are telling yourself you cannot,

I believe the 1st things u need to do is to tell yourself u wanted to do it, and you can draw, if not, everything will just stuck at one place.
Posted Image

As long as you are smiling, you are one step ahead to met Luck, Hope, & Happiness !

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#15 ZevyLily

ZevyLily

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

No one's too old to draw. If you love drawing then just draw :) There's always going to be other people better than you ... Just keep practicing and you'll get better :) Nobody's perfect *hugs* :)
  • WingxFaith likes this

#16 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Age should not be a limit for you pursuing something you enjoy. =)
Just because your not an art student doesn't mean you can't draw. I'm not an art student and am older thn u but tht dun stop me from continuing to draw =)

It's never too late to pursue a dream and ur passion dun give up! >///<

#17 WingxFaith

WingxFaith

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

The saying "It's never too late to start" is getting a little too mainstream, but there's truth in it. I mean, I'm now 19, finally digging out my dad's old guitar to learn how to play. At the same time, I am also learning the piano from my sister. You see it's never too late for anything. It's pretty much just an excuse. Here's a motivation, I started drawing with stick figures. That's where I started off, and I stick to it for about a year. Then, I started drawing THE real thing by pausing anime scenes while watching, and drawing it. That was how I did it about 4-5 years ago. So yeah, all the best anyway, seriously start now, it really isn't too late.
~It matters not whether you lose or win; what matters is whether I win or lose.~

#18 zfoo

zfoo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

what? what?!!! if you say you are old then who am I, sometimes saying those hurts the person who are older than you, drawing could do in every age, if those people saying you are too old to draw, show them any ages could do too, its not about age is about passion!
even I'm in the art field, that doesn't mean I could draw or design good, I got lots of shots from others too and almost make me give up to continue my profession, I'm starting to doubt whether I'm good enough to work on this field, but people says if you are willing to learn and work hard for it, it pays, I even know other professions like medical could draw much more better than I, really! it make me feel quite a shame of myself, but anyway don't say you are too old, the worry you have to face is do you have the passion enough to keep continue, not everyone could do that I know I am not. I have almost give up myself to be one of the profession, but as a hobby I'll continue, sorry to say but sometime I felt kind of sad to hear people say they are too old for something, if its for work I have nothing to say, but if its for hobby it is absolutely not.
be passion enough to continue what you like, give up what you really like its not something nice to feel, give the best that you can

#19 snowangell88

snowangell88

Gamer Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

honestly...age is not a factor if you love to draw. I started my love & passion in events like CF & other conventions, my animation career at the age of 27 and i don't graduate from any art or animation school and it got me to the gaming industry. So what is there to say. XD Even our favourite endearing FF7 creator doesn't need that. He's not the best artist but his love & passion brought him this far. XD

I like to keep low, even if i try to self promote......it's kinda complicated. I just practice drawing, sketching full pictures and watching tons of anime & reading manga is ma favourite past-time XD...hehehehe

you can come visit me at :http://snowangell88.deviantart.com/ though i rarely update my DA, but you can come and poke meXD

:heart:  :angel: :heart:

#20 RavenMin

RavenMin

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Age have never been an issue to learn anything at all ^^ what matters is your determination to learn it and to make yourself better. I have a senior in my department (photography) and she's 30 when she entered where everyone else is 18. It's a really big inspiration to us youngsters. So, go ahead and draw! or paint! or do whatever you like! ^^

Posted Image

#21 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

As long as you have the passion and time, it is never too late. Don't give up! ;)

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#22 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm away older than 18 (although I still wish I can be 19 again), but I still strife to draw.

Just... not so sure whether I'll be accepted in the animation industry or not because of my age. Oh well. I can still pretend to be 19...

What counts is passion.

[EDIT]
But in japan, people only want those who are between 17 and 22 and I'm older than that... Because I think young people are better and cooler than old people. I have to admit. (And I feel like a crummy old man).

#23 Jac_yush

Jac_yush

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Age has nothing to do with arts and it is never too late to get into drawing.

be it if you want to draw as a professional and want to get into an art-centered career or you just wanna draw for fun. What counts the most is your passion. I'm pretty sure those awesome artist you see worked so hard to get there too. So, why not work as hard, right? You might even get better than them!
HETALIA, BLEACH, SWORD ART ONLINE, PERSONA 3 AND 4 - The things I fangirl for

Tumblr ArtBlog!

#24 Pedo Bear-san

Pedo Bear-san

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

lol...hahaha...i'm 19....hahaha....hardworkers overcome geniuses(talented)....hahahha...keep that in mind...hahahahaha.......
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”-Elbert EinsteinPosted Image

#25 nicklausyap

nicklausyap

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hello Friends,
Everybody has a skill in them which they don't know and it takes time for you to improve your drawing.
So don't easily give up!!! :)

#26 ClearEchoes

ClearEchoes

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Do not limit something you can enjoy, anyway good luck you are not too old for this

#27 Nanabi Tsukishiro

Nanabi Tsukishiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Nobody is too old to draw. Keep on drawing, keep those 'I'm too old for this' aside.

#28 nicklausyap

nicklausyap

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi,
Age is not a limit if you have interest in drawing.
Also,drawing take time for people to improve.So do not easily give up.
Now you should start your drawing from now!!!! If you want your drawing to be better than others.

#29 fauzan

fauzan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

heelo pal.. dont wory just be your self.. think what u need 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users