Photo

CF'11 Cosplay Guidelines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

We heard your concern and worries about cosplaying at KLCC for Comic Fiesta this year, we're here to give you some guidance!!The following are special guidelines of conduct while outside the event hall. Most are location specific and cosplayers are reminded to provide as much cooperation as reasonably possible to the Security as they can.[spoiler=COSPLAYER GUIDELINES]================================General HelpThis is just to aide your experience especially when dealing with the security around the convention area...#1 We're Going for Convention- Due to separate managements, most (if not all) of the security outside of the convention center will most likely not be briefed on CF. If you're stopped by Security, just let them know you're going for a convention. If they don't understand/have trouble accepting this, tell them you're going for a show.#2 Alternate Route-1- Should you feel there is cause for worry for the costume/props that you are bringing and wish to avoid the hoobla of having to deal with mall security, there is an underground path through the parking lots in KLCC into the convention center that you can take (more details on that later). #3 Alternate Route-2- Alternately, you can also walk out from the KLCC LRT on the Avenue-K side of the road and walk through the park to access the convention center.================================Suria KLCC (Shopping Center)If you have to walk through the shopping center (for whatever the reason), kindly bare in mind the following guidelines...#1 No Photography- This rule applies normally through the mall already. If anyone comes up to you asking for a photo, politely decline and walk off. If someone follows you and tries to insist on a photo, look for the security/information counter for help.#2 No Weapon Replicas- This is purely for security. Things like katanas, realistic rifle replicas and the likes are (technically) already illegal in public places in Malaysia, so if you have to carry them through, make sure they are properly out of sight.#3 No Army Uniforms- Also for security. If you have costumes that resemble a form of militia, please cover them while/take them off before walking into the shopping center.#4 No Masks/Helmets- Also for security. If you have costumes that conceal large portions of your face, please take these parts out before walking into the shopping center.#5 Keep 'Em Covered- This is purely a suggestion. To help you through #1-#3, try to keep a cap/jacket/covering handy for those of you who do not wish to take off your costumes while walking through the shopping center. This should help you avoid unwanted attention from both random passer bys, photographers and mall security.================================KLCC ParkThere are no real limitations when it comes to costumes in the park though I suspect the security might still complain about #2-#4 (above). Still, there are a couple we'd like to point out...#1 Photography Only Zones- They have specific designated photography zones in the park. This means there are places you can't do photoshoots in. This was implemented due to unruly conduct caught in the past. Regrettably, despite numerous requests, the management of KLCC Park has not been able to produce a map for us. We do, however, know that the area around the main fountain is open for photos.#2 Wear Sunscreen- This is purely a suggestion; the sun around KL can get quite bad and if you're going to pose for photos outside, please remember to wear sunscreen. Sun burns hurt... X___X[/spoiler]Once again, Jocelyn has lent us a hand and provided us with a map for the routes to follow:[quote name='Jocelyn Chong] If want to totally avoid going into Suria KLCC then have to use the green route' date=' or purple + green route as in this map I drew http://g.co/maps/s2pcb[/quote']We know this is a lot to take in and will become an inconvenience for many of you, and for this, we as organizers would like to express our greatest regrets for the trouble and thank everyone's cooperation in advance on this matter.If you have any further questions or concerns on the issue, we will be more than glad to answer them for you here.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Here are the GENERAL R&Rs for cosplayers. Due to frequent recurring questions like "Can I cosplay without joining the competition?" and the likes, I'll be making it so that these rules and regulations will be placed in a thread separate from those of the competition.[spoiler=Part I: General Wall of Text]1. You may cosplay without joining the competition. However, these rules & regulations still apply to you.2. Please do not show up only partially clothed and/or nude. Anyone who does so will not be allowed access into the event hall. Contact the committee member shall you have any inquiries regarding the state of exposure of your costume.4. Please do not use any obscenities, foul languages and rude hand signs in the event hall. Remember, rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength. Poses that require extreme bodily contacts that suggest sexual behaviors is a strictly not allowed, including any kind of sexual fetishes related poses.5. If you're reading this, thank you. These Rules & Regulations have been prepared through the blood, sweat and tears of the organizing committee of Comic Fiesta. Shame on you if you're trying to copy this without asking. I'm giving you a frowny face. --> =(6. Photographers are not allowed to stalk or take unethical shots of any cosplayers. Photo shooting is strictly not allowed in the washrooms/changing rooms. Kindly, ask permission from cosplayers before taking their pictures.7. Cosplayers have the right to refuse any request made by photographers. If a photographer insists on taking your picture without permission, kindly decline him/her away politely or head towards to any working CF Committee nearby for further assistance. Cosplayers are free to leave the scene after their picture has been taken.8. Comic Fiesta may tape or photograph cosplayers at its discretion. Entry into Comic Fiesta event hall is an agreement by the contestants to allow Comic Fiesta to use their likeness/image, etc in any current/future advertisement, promotion or product.9. Photography of any sort is prohibited at the Artist Booth area. If you wish to photograph a cosplayer who happens to be in the artist area, kindly ask them to step outside to the corridor before taking their picture.10. Cosplayers and other visitors are not allowed to use the stage without permission even when there are no activities taking place on the stage. The Comic Fiesta committee holds the right to remove anyone from the stage and, subsequently, event hall if they should not follow this rule.11. Cosplay at your own risk. Comic Fiesta will not be responsible for any loss or damage that happens outside the event area.12. By entering the event hall, cosplayers have agreed to have read and understood all contents of rules & regulations set by Comic Fiesta Committee. All cosplayers will be subjected to all the rules & regulations and thereby liable for any action taken against cosplayers if they decide not to adhere to the rules & regulations.[/spoiler][spoiler=Part II: Cosplay Props Regulations]Disclaimer: The Comic Fiesta Organizing Committee (CFOC) holds no responsibility towards the preparation and/or actions made by the cosplayers throughout the competition.1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be brought by the cosplayers themselves. The CFOC cannot be reasonably expected to prepare these things for you.2. The CFOC will not discourage the use of any materials for the crafting of props. However, cosplayers are reminded that the handling of props must be done responsibly and with the utmost caution.3. No volatile/explosive/toxic/radioactive/reactive/corrosive/easily flammable substances are allowed. Our attendees are not to be experimented on.4. The usage of non-solid props (e.g. Fake blood) and other mess-inducing objects (e.g. confetti) are highly inadvisable. The CFOC reserves the right to make the cosplayers clean up after their act (literallly).5. The responsibility of all replicas/props and anything done with it is to be held by the owner(s) themselves. The CFOC will not be held responsible towards anything as a result of individual carelesssness.6. Any replicas/props found to be handled irressponsibly and/or deemed dangerous by our security personnel will be confiscated. Ignorance is no excuse. Items which are confiscated will be returned after the event.7. The CFOC reserves the right to withdraw the rights of participation should anyone be found to break any of the aforementioned rules & regulations.[/spoiler][spoiler=Part III: Changing Rooms & Washrooms]1. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to enter the changing room or washrooms of the opposite gender.2. Please clean up after using the washrooms. Please keep the changing rooms/washrooms clean by not leaving behind any make-ups, wig parts, accessories, food wrappers/packages, water bottles and props in the changing rooms/washrooms.3. Vandalism, messing up the changing rooms/washrooms is highly intolerable; those who are responsible will have to clean/repair the washrooms/changing rooms.4. Be a considerate person, please do not hog the washrooms unless if you are needed for assistance by other cosplayers.Posted Image5. This is a trap line designed to discourage copypasta. If you're reading this, thank you very much. Here's a smiley face for you --> =)6. There are mirrors provided for cosplayers and the changing rooms. Please use it with caution and be careful of your own safety. Kindly share and take turns using them. You may bring your own mirror but please ensure that your mirror is kept properly.7. Do not leave your properties in the changing rooms/washrooms. The CFOC will not be responsible for any loss of items. You are advised to guard your own properties or have your trusted friends to look over your properties shall there be a need for you to leave it behind.8. Any lost/found items may be reported to the CFOC during or after the event. A list of lost/found items will be posted in the forums after the event to help retrieve/return such items. However, please be noted that the CFOC only does so in goodwill and cannot be held responsible for your loss.[/spoiler]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#2 Rima Kurotsuki

Rima Kurotsuki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I wanna ask about the partilly clothed or nude thing.....If I wear the basics of my costume ( means didn't wear the outside coat/jacket , but my basics are long sleeve shirt n a short pants )Is it still counted as partially clothed?

#3 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

I wanna ask about the partilly clothed or nude thing.....If I wear the basics of my costume ( means didn't wear the outside coat/jacket , but my basics are long sleeve shirt n a short pants )Is it still counted as partially clothed?

That rule was intended so that cosplayers wouldn't go streaking through the convention. As long as you are properly clothed, we wouldn't have any problems with the matter. =)

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#4 ⊱Sherry❤Yui⊰

⊱Sherry❤Yui⊰

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

I wanna ask...If im wearing a Yukata...should i bring a jacket too? The yukata are like covering my whole body except for head,hand and leg ==

#5 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I wanna ask...If im wearing a Yukata...should i bring a jacket too? The yukata are like covering my whole body except for head,hand and leg ==

I don't believe it should be a problem.It's not to say you can't walk out in costume, or that you must cover up/change whenever you exit the hall. The "Keep 'Em Covered" line was put up to help cosplayers avoid attention outside the event, effectively decreasing the odds of people asking for photos in the shopping center (and if your costume is a tad bit skimpy, to cover up). It is written there as a suggestion and put up for your convenience. Not a die-hard rule. =)

#6 ⊱Sherry❤Yui⊰

⊱Sherry❤Yui⊰

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

I don't believe it should be a problem.It's not to say you can't walk out in costume, or that you must cover up/change whenever you exit the hall. The "Keep 'Em Covered" line was put up to help cosplayers avoid attention outside the event, effectively decreasing the odds of people asking for photos in the shopping center (and if your costume is a tad bit skimpy, to cover up). It is written there as a suggestion and put up for your convenience. Not a die-hard rule. =)

hmmmmmm... okay x.x it will be hard if i want to cover my yukata since its long......

#7 Rima Kurotsuki

Rima Kurotsuki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

That rule was intended so that cosplayers wouldn't go streaking through the convention. As long as you are properly clothed, we wouldn't have any problems with the matter. =)Ok...thanks for ur advice..^^

#8 SamuiYuki

SamuiYuki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

So let me get this straight so I don't confuse myself~We can wear our cosplay costumes outside of the convention hall and building(?) but only take pictures at designated areas~?And we can wear our cosplay costumes in the shopping mall so long as it isn't VERY revealing and not everywhere~?(ie giant humongous wings)
JOHN SMITH WILL SHAKE THE WORLD~!!!!

#9 angqian

angqian

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

is it alright to wear the wig and makeup b4 walking into the shopping centre~?so if like wearing wings is okay?
Selling Umineko costume, Alois wonderland costume!!! & other stuffs http://community.com...652#entry333652

#10 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

So let me get this straight so I don't confuse myself~We can wear our cosplay costumes outside of the convention hall and building(?) but only take pictures at designated areas~?

You shouldn't receive much problems within the confines of the convention center's structures as long as you don't become an obstruction to human traffic.The "take pictures at designated areas" was listed under the park's regulations. =)

And we can wear our cosplay costumes in the shopping mall so long as it isn't VERY revealing and not everywhere~?(ie giant humongous wings)

That's basically correct, though I must clarify that wearing "costumes" aren't usually the primary concern for the KLCC shopping center security. Dangerous-looking props and masks are a major problem for security reasons and photography is strictly prohibited in the shopping center.

is it alright to wear the wig and makeup b4 walking into the shopping centre~?so if like wearing wings is okay?

I don't believe it should be a problem. Just remember: No Photography. =)

#11 xxDarkangelx

xxDarkangelx

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

If the character I cosplay wears really short pants, do I have to change out of it when I go into the mall?

#12 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

If the character I cosplay wears really short pants, do I have to change out of it when I go into the mall?

The answer to your question is the exact opposite one you would use to answer this question: "Would you wear the same pair of shorts out any other time?"If your answer is "yes" to the question above, then the answer to yours is "no, you wouldn't need to change out of it when you go into the mall". (and vice versa. =))

#13 xxDarkangelx

xxDarkangelx

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

The answer to your question is the exact opposite one you would use to answer this question: "Would you wear the same pair of shorts out any other time?"If your answer is "yes" to the question above, then the answer to yours is "no, you wouldn't need to change out of it when you go into the mall". (and vice versa. =))

I'm ok with wearing it out any other time. I'm just concerned what the security might say, because once before they told me I had to wear pants below the knee. And I'm not a Muslim either.

#14 agnesjoan

agnesjoan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

i wanna to ask tht is it ok to cos black rock shooter ?? 0.0

#15 Prinny Z.

Prinny Z.

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I know this may not be a relevant question, but, can people be having an indoor picnicking? I mean, obviously without obstructing flow of movement for others and of course cleaning up after a good meal.

SMTCosplay.png

Establishing a permanent Shin Megami Tensei Cosplay Group.

CF '12 was our big debut!

We're going BIGGER for CF '13!!

#16 HiYuu777

HiYuu777

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Is there going to be a dedicated cosplayer changing room provided with a complete signage on the rooms? An obviously only cosplayers are allowed. And it would be cool if we can just keep our chained locked bags there until our cosplay is finish.If there is no changing rooms, are we like allowed to use any toilets inthat convention centre? Coz there is a bunch of toilets as well up to level 3. What hall is this CF gonna be held at anyway?

#17 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

i wanna to ask tht is it ok to cos black rock shooter ?? 0.0

Yes. It will be fine.

I know this may not be a relevant question, but, can people be having an indoor picnicking? I mean, obviously without obstructing flow of movement for others and of course cleaning up after a good meal.

I'm afraid that's not quite possible. Food and drink aren't allowed in the hall. =(

Is there going to be a dedicated cosplayer changing room provided with a complete signage on the rooms? An obviously only cosplayers are allowed. And it would be cool if we can just keep our chained locked bags there until our cosplay is finish.If there is no changing rooms, are we like allowed to use any toilets inthat convention centre? Coz there is a bunch of toilets as well up to level 3. What hall is this CF gonna be held at anyway?

Unfortunately, due to space constraints, we don't even have space for storage this year, let alone dedicated changing rooms. Not to worry though, you are allowed to use any of the toilets within the convention building. =)

#18 Prinny Z.

Prinny Z.

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

== How about indoors but outside the event hall? In a spot thats not obstructing anyone of course.

SMTCosplay.png

#19 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

== How about indoors but outside the event hall? In a spot thats not obstructing anyone of course.

Should be okay. As far as we've asked, they (KLCC) don't have problems with people sitting around the walk-way outside, nor do they have issues eating outside the halls, so people doing both at the same time shouldn't be an issue provided you don't mess up the place or block human traffic.

#20 Kosmo

Kosmo

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

I'll have to repeat a question that HiYuu777 asked previously but was unanswered, because I googled the crap out of google, this forum and the facebook pages, but the official answer doesn't seem to be there yet. Question: Which hall(s) is this event being held? So far as I've seen, there are people quoting both Hall 5 and Hall 1/2, but there isn't any official affirmation to this yet. I'm understanding if the final logistical issues regarding the announcement of the hall hasn't been settled yet, just wanted to check if there indeed is a confirmed hall venue at this moment, or its only the general "KLCC" area at the moment. Will be dropping by on Friday to rekki the area(like last year), hoping it'll be as awesome or more awesome than before :DCheers!Kosmo

Member of Section 8 (Cosplay, Props, Performance).

Visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook...ction8Singapore to follow our cosplay performances and prop-making!

#21 crazystick

crazystick

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

@kosmo it has been confirmed its at KLCC hall 5 for awhile about errr 6 months already, please check the comic fiesta fb page for updates,or check the website

crazystick

Sales & Finance
Says Youth Society | Comic Fiesta Committee

5b11b62d-c165-4f6a-9cc8-0668963e6abd_zps

#22 Prinny Z.

Prinny Z.

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Should be okay. As far as we've asked, they (KLCC) don't have problems with people sitting around the walk-way outside, nor do they have issues eating outside the halls, so people doing both at the same time shouldn't be an issue provided you don't mess up the place or block human traffic.

Ah. Okay, thanks for clearing that up ( ' -')7 *salutes* I'll be sure to clean up the place after that.

SMTCosplay.png

#23 Kosmo

Kosmo

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

@kosmo it has been confirmed its at KLCC hall 5 for awhile about errr 6 months already, please check the comic fiesta fb page for updates,or check the website

Thanks for the info! Will help to spread it around. Though I must admit, even after your post, when I went back to check around the whole comic fiesta website main page and the two comic fiesta fb pages(both the event and the organisation page), I still cannot locate this information. I must be pretty blind, huh? :/

Member of Section 8 (Cosplay, Props, Performance).

Visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook...ction8Singapore to follow our cosplay performances and prop-making!

#24 gambler19

gambler19

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

question! i cosplay as ichigo(bankai) and i have wooden katana that is harmless and i will keep it safe and wont also swing my sword in a tight space.i think that ok::):D

#25 senichi98

senichi98

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

hello,i'm gonna cosplay as Rathalos in Monster Hunter here the pic: The Male Armor (Left one) http://illness-illus...rmor_Art.jpgand here the weapon : http://images4.wikia...eld_(51).jpgand of course....it's an armor. But how about the sword?? i made it with a cardboard.is it ok??

#26 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

To the both questions up there, about your props. Since gambler19 said you have a wooden katana and senichi98 said the sword are made with cardboard, it should be okay. As long as you show that (if you are stopped) to the mall security personnel (if you are passing Suria) to prove that the props are not real, that should do it.I also used to be stopped by the Sunway Piramid security before due to my katana prop. But I show to him that it was wooden and said I'm going to CF, and then I was let go. It should apply to any other weapon props.

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#27 Reika

Reika

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hi Mods/AdminsI have few question too!Can I bring my REAL Yamaha E223 Electronic Keyboard as prop? Can I find a not-so-crowded area and perform inside or outside the hall? (I'll use 6x 1.5V batteries).By the way can I use the power socket (if any unused) within or outside the hall? (for Laptop / Keyboard)Can group dance inside or outside the hall?Can use Laptop (unplugged, use laptop battery) within hall?Thank you =)Have a nice day to everyone!

#28 Akimoto Kumiko

Akimoto Kumiko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Can someone direct me the way to the event hall?

#29 Reika

Reika

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

Can someone direct me the way to the event hall?

well... imho you just need to follow other cosplayer when you reach KLCC... the crowd will lead you there...

#30 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

[quote='gambler19' pid='341636' dateline='1323255829']question! i cosplay as ichigo(bankai) and i have wooden katana that is harmless and i will keep it safe and wont also swing my sword in a tight space.i think that ok:;):D[/quote]i think that ok aso+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[quote='senichi98' pid='342020' dateline='1323477278']hello,i'm gonna cosplay as Rathalos in Monster Hunter here the pic: The Male Armor (Left one) http://illness-illus...rmor_Art.jpgand here the weapon : http://images4.wikia...eld_(51).jpgand of course....it's an armor. But how about the sword?? i made it with a cardboard.is it ok??[/quote]Izumi has replied quite nicely. =)But yes, it is perfectly okay. Mall security is mainly worried about, well, security. Just show them your stuff is harmless and tell them about the convention you're going to.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[quote='Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']Hi Mods/AdminsI have few question too![/quote]Hi ReikaAsk away![quote='Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']Can I bring my REAL Yamaha E223 Electronic Keyboard as prop? Can I find a not-so-crowded area and perform inside or outside the hall? (I'll use 6x 1.5V batteries).[/quote]Yes, yes you can. =)[quote='Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']By the way can I use the power socket (if any unused) within or outside the hall? (for Laptop / Keyboard)[/quote]Unfortunately, that's a distinct no. KLCC charges for EVERYTHING... >__<;;[quote='Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']Can group dance inside or outside the hall?[/quote]Err... you can, but do make sure not to jam up the walkways. The convention peeps are very particular about the flow of human traffic.[quote name=''Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']Can use Laptop (unplugged' date=' use laptop battery) within hall?[/quote']Sure. =)[quote='Reika' pid='342171' dateline='1323604372']Thank you =)Have a nice day to everyone![/quote]You're welcome =)Have a nice day to you too~