Photo

Gempak 100% Starz Cosplay Competition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Posted ImageIn conjunction with 100% Gempak Starz event coming in November, Comic Fiesta @ SAYS Youth Society will be helping to organize a cosplay competition in Sungai Wang!Here's the basic details:Date: 26th November 2011Venue: Main Concourse, Sungai Wang, Kuala LumpurFormat: SinglesTime:Preliminaries - 1.00pm-2.00pmFinals - 3.00pm-5.00pmCash Prizes:
  • Grand Prize - RM1000
  • 1st Runner Up - RM500
  • 2nd Runner Up - RM300
  • Consolation x2 - RM100ea
The registration pack can be downloaded HERE!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[spoiler=Gempak Cosplay Competition Registration]1. The Gempak Cosplay Competition (hence GCC) is open to participation for all humans. If you're a paramecium, we're sorry, you can't join.2. The GCC will be held on the 26th of November 2011. Preliminaries will be between 1.00pm-2.00pm, where the Finals will be at 3.00pm-5.00pm.3. Registration for the competition is open for both pre- and on-site registrations. There are 20 slots available to be given at a first-come-first-serve basis.4. To participate, contestants are required to fill in [this form] completely and provide references to the characters design (preferably in color) and check in at the our booth in the event by 12.15pm.5. Forms can be submitted either digitally by emailing cosplay@comicfiesta.org by the 23rd of November, or printed and handed on-site (with references) on the 26th of November.6. Participants are kindly reminded that equipment requests are subject to availability. While we will definitely try our darndest to get you your stuff, we cannot guarantee it will be available. 7. As usual, by registering for the competition, all contestants agree to have read and accepted both the rules and regulations for the competition and all general guidelines provided by the event organizer.8. That said, the event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant that fails to adhere to any of the rules and regulations.9. The event organizers further reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations at their own discretion. Any prior notification given will be at their discretion as well.[/spoiler][spoiler=Gempak Cosplay Competition Competition Format]1. The GCC is available for Single registrations only.2. For Preliminary Round, each contestant will be called up on stage one by one and given a microphone and a 30-second slot to introduce themselves IN CHARACTER before striking a pose. (e.g. If you're cosplaying Goku, you tell people that you're from "Planet Vegeta" and not, for instance, "Kepong")3. All the contestants will then be called up on stage where ten (10) finalists will be selected to proceed to the Final Round.4. The Finalists will then be given a theme at random where they will need to prepare a short 5-minute skit based on that theme.5. Finalists will be allowed up to a total of two helpers onstage.6. Winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:
  • Character Portrayal (how well the character's personality is adhered to, parodied or, in the case of mascots or MMO characters, created)
  • Costume (how accurate the presentation is to the character's, well erm... character)
  • Creativity (how outstanding the approach might be)
  • Showmanship (how entertaining is the performance)
7. Logistical assistance (microphones, chairs, tables) can be provided but advance notification will be required upon submitting your registration forms. Kindly understand that this assistance will also be subject to availability and will be confirmed upon check in.[/spoiler]Standard Cosplay Guidelines apply as well. Please click this link to check out the full wall of text.

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#2 TOMY_25

TOMY_25

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I want to participate, it's just that I need to check my schedule, to ensure they're not clashing with any important date at my university. If there's none, I'll be competing then! :D
'Don't just be an otaku, be an OUTSTANDING OTAKU!'
DeviantART Profile

Posted Image

#3 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Can cosplayers go around freely though? Not necessary only the participants only cosplay right?EDIT: MUST IT BE 5 MINS SKIT?! We're on solo. We can't do much..

#4 Potter SamLeong

Potter SamLeong

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2281 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Can cosplayers go around freely though? Not necessary only the participants only cosplay right?EDIT: MUST IT BE 5 MINS SKIT?! We're on solo. We can't do much..

Well, rules have been set, will have to try to obey else your chances of winning will be hard :D Yes, anyone can just go cosplaying, and it's up to you whether or not to join the competition :)

2uhn.jpg

potter87™'s @ samDaiKor™ :: Blog :: Deviant :: Facebook :: potter@comicfiesta.org

#5 Zend

Zend

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

interested but might be in Sabah at that date =/ See if can change the flight tickets
-If you wanna have a go, Have it Epic-

#6 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

It doesn't have to be EXACTLY 5 minutes, as long as it doesn't exceed 5 minutes we're good. =)

#7 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

It doesn't have to be EXACTLY 5 minutes, as long as it doesn't exceed 5 minutes we're good. =)

Oh. Okay, thanks! I thought we had to do more than 5 mins. XD

#8 ann1793

ann1793

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

actually in that 5 min what should we do ? they will give us a theme then only we start prepare or we start prepare nw ??

#9 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

actually in that 5 min what should we do ? they will give us a theme then only we start prepare or we start prepare nw ??

Finalists will need to do a quick sketch in under 5-minutes based on the theme given to them. E.g. If you get the theme "monster", then you'll have to make a sketch to present that theme with your character.The theme will be given to the finalists at random on that day itself. I suppose you can try to make guesses at what theme might be given and prepare but... I think you might have better luck stabbing words from the dictionary.

#10 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

The registration form wrote solo/group in competing category. Is this for the finals? Since the preliminaries are singles only.

#11 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

The registration form wrote solo/group in competing category. Is this for the finals? Since the preliminaries are singles only.

The whole competition is a "singles" competition.The form is based on a template we use for every competition. In this case, just ignore the "group" category. XD;;

#12 JoeeJoe

JoeeJoe

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

So..If we participate, we introduced ourselves, after that we just pose and that's it?

I'm me, it's simple as that.

#13 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

So..If we participate, we introduced ourselves, after that we just pose and that's it?

Pretty much. Then if you get into the finals, you have to do the theme they give you.ALOEN.

#14 JoeeJoe

JoeeJoe

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Cosplay form sent :D

I'm me, it's simple as that.

#15 ryuwatanabe

ryuwatanabe

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Thanks.
[spoiler=]Cosplay Plan 2012 Not Cosplay :D[/spoiler]

#16 FoxyRAWR

FoxyRAWR

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Nyann. Might be going but as viewers. hehe :)

#17 eXodes

eXodes

hipster–in–denial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hur hur. Sungai Wang eh? Bet it gonna packed like previous years.
This line proves that you're lifeless.

#18 yatashi_suzuki

yatashi_suzuki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

I want to join but i already went back to Japan ....

--------------------------------------------------
WELCOME ON-BOARD ! 

SGTWCVer2.gif 

#19 iDouji

iDouji

Crazy Pudding Lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

"Cash Prizes:Grand Prize - RM10001st Runner Up - RM5002nd Runner Up - RM300RM300 Consolation x2 - RM100ea" Two RM300 prize but RM100 each? O_O
Posted ImageSignature by iDouji. (RIPPERS BE HATED)

#20 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

"Cash Prizes:Grand Prize - RM10001st Runner Up - RM5002nd Runner Up - RM300RM300 Consolation x2 - RM100ea" Two RM300 prize but RM100 each? O_O

Aiks... typo there. There must've been a copypasta error... >__

#21 panhanatsu

panhanatsu

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

-cries- nice, the very moment date I have to return back to college.

#22 joeysheon

joeysheon

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

awsome :) will try to go and check out.
Are you looking for Professional Cosplay Costume Custom Made Service ? :D Providing you the services from local tailors with more 15 years experience and other services to complete your dream cosplay set. Click on my page for more information https://www.facebook.com/JoeySheon

#23 Leftenant

Leftenant

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Might probably come with my senior :3

TheColorless.net | ArtStation l PageTwitter

"And there will I keep you forever

Yes, forever and a day

Till the wall shall crumble to ruin

And moulder in dust away."

#24 Sparda

Sparda

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

BMJ > just notice about the competition form.. it is in PDF file? bcs when i open the PDF file cant be edit the content?(since inside the content already written some example also)
Posted ImageRoborider : Look.. my arm!Black & RX : Uh??... Wat?..http://sparda-dante.deviantart.com/http://en.curecos.co...file/?ch=217975The Truth Is Always Only One..Sparda -The Legendary Dark Knight-

#25 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

BMJ > just notice about the competition form.. it is in PDF file? bcs when i open the PDF file cant be edit the content?(since inside the content already written some example also)

The PDF is the sample form. There's a doc form that is completely editable. =)

#26 Sparda

Sparda

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

BMJ > thx got it ady. btw.. may i know is there still slot for on spot register? since the on9 register ady close? ~_~;;
Posted ImageRoborider : Look.. my arm!Black & RX : Uh??... Wat?..http://sparda-dante.deviantart.com/http://en.curecos.co...file/?ch=217975The Truth Is Always Only One..Sparda -The Legendary Dark Knight-

#27 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

BMJ > thx got it ady. btw.. may i know is there still slot for on spot register? since the on9 register ady close? ~_~;;

Yeap, but you better come early! Not many left~ >w<

#28 beatbox84

beatbox84

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

ALAMAK! I JUZ SAW THIS...REGISTRATION IS FINISHED EYH? *SIGH*
Posted Image

#29 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

ALAMAK! I JUZ SAW THIS...REGISTRATION IS FINISHED EYH? *SIGH*

Got on site but slots are *VERY* limited... T___T

#30 beatbox84

beatbox84

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

bro...i will b there early! WOOT WOOT!
Posted Image