Photo

CF2011 Cosplay Competitions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

After too long a wait, details on CF2011's cosplay competitions are finally up!Posted ImageEvent: Comic Fiesta 20111Venue: Kuala Lumpur Convention CenterDate: 17th December - Group/OTP18th December - SinglesFormat:Group/OTP - Pre-registrationSingles - Onsite+Pre-RegistrationSubmission Deadline*:Group/OTP/Solo (Pre-Registration) - 3rd DecemberTake note: Competition availability slotGroup: NO MORE slot! registration CLOSEOTP: FEW more slots left!Prizes: - TBC -UPDATE! Solo Info + Registration Pack Now Uploaded!+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Like all our events, cosplayers are to read and understand our general guidelines. You can find the full list here...General Cosplay Guidelines[spoiler=General Cosplay Competition Rules and Regulations]1) Contestants are reminded to keep things rated-U (Umum). 2) Please make sure the stage is clean after your performance. The organizing committee reserves the right to make each participant clean up after themselves.3) As usual, the judges decisions are final. Any complaints/comments may be entertained but it would be at the discretion of the individual and will not affect the final results in any way.4) The Comic Fiesta Committee also reserves the right change these R&Rs at its own discretion without prior notification.5) Keep things rated-U (Umum). 6) Please make sure the stage is clean after your performance.Posted Image"BOO~!!"[/spoiler]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++[spoiler=OTP Cosplay Competition Format Info]Ever experienced moments when you think a certain character is better off with someone else? Or do you think that some couples in the series are simply more deserving of the limelight than others? Here’s your chance to “display” your fangirlism (or fanboyism, in the case you're a guy)!One True Pairing (OTP) Cosplay Competition - Format: Free performance no longer than 5 minutes (can be a dance, skit, song, acting out a scene, etc)Details: 1) The OTP competition is scheduled to be on Day 1, right after the Group Competition.2) The number of participants is capped at 10 pairs (2 people = 1 pair) and each pairing must be from the same series.3) Pairings can be involved in either romantic relationship, friendship or sworn enemies. We leave that interpretation to you.4) Each pair is required to fill up the registration forms with the details of their partners and register online by emailing the forms and reference pictures to cosplay@comicfiesta.org.5) Closing date for OTP Cosplay Competition Registration is on the 3rd December 2011 or when the quota of 10 groups is reached. Each pair is required to prerecord their performance in MP3 format and email it to cosplay@comicfiesta.org before the deadline 12th of December 2011.6) A confirmation email will be sent out to you once application has been approved.7) Participants are not allowed to change pairings once application is approved.8) During the performance, additional characters are not allowed to participate in the skit (if not, it will defeat the purpose and turn into a GROUP cosplay instead). However, helpers are allowed to help with the setting up/creating background effect in the background. As long as they do NOT have a role (yes, a “tree” is still technically a role) in the skit, they can be considered as helpers. (E.g. cardboard holder)[/spoiler][spoiler=Group Cosplay Competition Format Info]1) Comic Fiesta group cosplay competition will he held on Day 1 of the event. Groups are required to fill up the registration forms with the details of their group members and register online by emailing the forms and reference pictures to cosplay@comicfiesta.org2) The competition is limited to the first 6 groups who send in their group details to us via email. Each group must consist of between 3-5 active members. Not 1. Not 2. 6 Is too many. 8 is right out.3) Additional helpers can be justified with the “giraffe rule”, hereby clarified below…Posted Image4) Competing groups are required to theme themselves to this year’s theme of “Memories”. This can be interpreted in your performance, your costumes, your characters etc.4) Each performance must not exceed 5 minutes.5) Closing date for Group Cosplay Competition Registration is on the 3rd of December 2011 or when the quota of 6 groups is reached. Each group is required to prerecord their performance in MP3 format and email it to cosplay@comicfiesta.org before the deadline 12th of December 2011.6) A representative of each group is required to register at the cosplay registration booth on Day 1 of Comic Fiesta to confirm attendance. Group contestants are also required to burn a CD containing the audio file for the performance and submit it to the cosplay registration personnel when they register. 7) Please label the CD with the group’s name, series name and also name and contact number of the group leader.[/spoiler][spoiler=Solo Cosplay Competition ]Details: 1) The Solo competition is scheduled to be on Day 2.2) Registration is mandatory for all contestants. The number of participants is open to the first 60 individuals, regardless of race, religion or creed.3) Registration is open for both pre-registration and onsite registration. Pre-registration is open until the 3rd of December 2011.4) Each contestant is required to fill up the registration forms with their details and register either…Online (by emailing the forms and reference pictures to cosplay@comicfiesta.org)Onsite (by bringing the printed forms and reference pictures to Comic Fiesta 2011 and registering at the booth).5) A confirmation email will be sent out once your application has been processed.6) Upon registration, each contestant will be given a number. This number needs to be placed in a visible area and carried throughout the duration of the competition. Do NOT lose this tag.7) For the preliminary round, each contestant will be called up onstage to perform either [a 30second in-character intro and a character pose] OR [Three (3) action poses].8) 10 contestants will be chosen for the finals where they will be given a theme at random and a choice of props. They will then need to make a 5-minute skit based on these choices.9) During the preliminary performance, additional characters are not allowed to participate in the skit (it IS a Solo competition).10) Two (2) helpers are allowed for the finals.[/spoiler]Registration pack can be downloaded HERE! For any inquiries you might have, please don't hesitate to mail bmj@comicfiesta.org!

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#2 altintop

altintop

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi~I already sent my form, hope will get a reply soon~~ :)clockup90@gmail.com
Ore wa GUNDAM!

#3 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi~I already sent my form, hope will get a reply soon~~ :)clockup90@gmail.com

It has already been replied, you can check your mail. ^^

#4 isaacbloodsworth

isaacbloodsworth

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hi, I already sent but didn't get any reply yet? O_O

#5 Junnie

Junnie

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Have sent a PM to your inbox, but haven't received any reply, please have a check thank you =D
Pink is the new black yo >W<

#6 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Have sent a PM to your inbox, but haven't received any reply, please have a check thank you =D

Mine or Wani's...? =P

#7 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Mine or Wani's...? =P

definitely not mine. XD

#8 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Mine or Wani's...? =P

definitely not mine. XD

Strange... not mine either... @.@;;

#9 dorkodile

dorkodile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Sent in my application yesterday. Waiting for reply now~
COMIC FIESTA 2010: Vocaloid // Gackpo [Poetaster&SingingDolls]Absolute Obedience // Louis Hardwich

#10 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi dorkodile, we dint received any email from you.and may I know which competition did you intend to participate?

#11 dorkodile

dorkodile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hi dorkodile, we dint received any email from you.and may I know which competition did you intend to participate?

D: The OTP one. Sent to cosplay @ comicfiesta . com a week ago.My email address is dorkodile @ gmail . com
COMIC FIESTA 2010: Vocaloid // Gackpo [Poetaster&SingingDolls]Absolute Obedience // Louis Hardwich

#12 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

D: The OTP one. Sent to cosplay @ comicfiesta . com a week ago.My email address is dorkodile @ gmail . com

I'm really sorry Tessie, but I think you might need to resent the email to us again. >.

#13 dorkodile

dorkodile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Sent it! Do you have an alternative email address that I can cc the email to, just in case you didn't get it again?

#14 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Sent it! Do you have an alternative email address that I can cc the email to, just in case you didn't get it again?

all has settled! Thank you for your patient and sorry for any inconvenient causes.

#15 dorkodile

dorkodile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

no problem. Thanks for helping me out!! Looking forward to CF so much!

#16 HiYuu777

HiYuu777

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

Anyone knows where can we view the detailed tentatif programmes for both of the days? Sorry to post this here, but have been looking around the boards about it but couldnt find any. Moshiwake arimasen deshita!!!

#17 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Anyone knows where can we view the detailed tentatif programmes for both of the days? Sorry to post this here, but have been looking around the boards about it but couldnt find any. Moshiwake arimasen deshita!!!

I'm sorry the schedule is not out yet. We'll get it posted out very soon! ^^

#18 angqian

angqian

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

is there no onsite supply of application form?....so meaning we print out the form ourself= =the reference pic is mean for the anime/games character de pics?
Selling Umineko costume, Alois wonderland costume!!! & other stuffs http://community.com...652#entry333652

#19 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

is there no onsite supply of application form?....so meaning we print out the form ourself= =the reference pic is mean for the anime/games character de pics?

Hi angqian, since you'll need to print out the reference picture, so you can just print out another form as well (with filled in details would be awesome).reference pic can be anything from anime/games or even comics or movies as well. ^^

#20 Adlea13

Adlea13

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

For the solo competition, is it possible to cosplay a movie character? If yes, is it still ok if the movie is rated R. (But I'm planning to keep my performance rated U :))

#21 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

For the solo competition, is it possible to cosplay a movie character? If yes, is it still ok if the movie is rated R. (But I'm planning to keep my performance rated U :))

Movie characters aren't a problem. =)

#22 Sparda

Sparda

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

i had just email the form to you guys, are we allowed to provide our own theme song during the preliminary?
Posted ImageRoborider : Look.. my arm!Black & RX : Uh??... Wat?..http://sparda-dante.deviantart.com/http://en.curecos.co...file/?ch=217975The Truth Is Always Only One..Sparda -The Legendary Dark Knight-

#23 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

i had just email the form to you guys, are we allowed to provide our own theme song during the preliminary?

nope you're not allowed

#24 Sparda

Sparda

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

wani > ok. just want to make sure. because in the form(Registration Details) "No.6" mention something about music. so i just want to clarify. and btw did u guys received my email?
Posted ImageRoborider : Look.. my arm!Black & RX : Uh??... Wat?..http://sparda-dante.deviantart.com/http://en.curecos.co...file/?ch=217975The Truth Is Always Only One..Sparda -The Legendary Dark Knight-

#25 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

wani > ok. just want to make sure. because in the form(Registration Details) "No.6" mention something about music. so i just want to clarify. and btw did u guys received my email?

well its only apply for Group, Solo section dont have anything regarding it.and yes your email has already replied. ^^

#26 the VerSION

the VerSION

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Haaarrgh..OAO~I miss?
Posted Image

#27 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Haaarrgh..OAO~I miss?

for which one?

#28 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

for which one?

Solo..OxO

welcome for register

#29 the VerSION

the VerSION

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

[quote='waninoko' pid='341150' dateline='1323054182'][/quote]welcome for register[/quote]OAO ohhh! bow* bow*Thank you Waninoko...bow*
Posted Image

#30 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Please note that the Group competition has already reached the quota, we're now closing the competition registration. Thank you.