Photo

Would you pay for imported English manga?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sumomo

Sumomo

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hi all,As the title says, would you pay for original imported English mangas? Or would you rather read scans?For me, I pay for my mangas. Reading a book evokes different feeling as compared to scrolling down a page.What kind of mangas would you collect? Title or type? Feedback welcome!

#2 flame13th

flame13th

Time Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I would if it's contribute to the sales of my favorite comics.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful."

tmurd8ii4.png

#3 White_Fox

White_Fox

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

nope. coz theyre badly censored, the manga that i like most of them are.even an english US imported version.

#4 mioyi

mioyi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

i would..=3=~..it's nicer to read with a book than going online and scrolling down and waiting for it to load every time you wanna look at a page@@~

#5 flame13th

flame13th

Time Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

nope. coz theyre badly censored, the manga that i like most of them are.even an english US imported version.

They buy the original Japanese version then.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful."

tmurd8ii4.png

#6 Sumomo

Sumomo

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

If you had the chance to browse through the books to make a comparision before paying? Would it make a difference to you?

#7 sidestreetsoul

sidestreetsoul

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Nope, it is too expensive. Chinese manga is a lot cheaper than english like about one third of the english manga price only.I have bought some original chinese manga from kinokuniya...I wonder why english manga is so expensive...

#8 Sumomo

Sumomo

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

Nope, it is too expensive. Chinese manga is a lot cheaper than english like about one third of the english manga price only.I have bought some original chinese manga from kinokuniya...I wonder why english manga is so expensive...

Most of the time the English publishers actually pay licensing fees to the Japanese publishers. Some of the Chinese ones don't and try to go below the radar.English manga are for non-Chinese readers. Of course if a cheaper alternative is available why not right? Too bad that English publishers are all overseas.

#9 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

My answer:Hell no~!There's a reason why I rather read manga in Mangareader rather than wasting money buying RM30+ just for a volume in which you can equally download from the internet.While it still counts as pirating, it is cheap for students, at least xD
Posted Image

#10 OneWinged

OneWinged

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

me? it depends on the value of the manga that I read. If it has superb artworks + good storyline + fav artist, definately go & buy. But usually I just read the scanlations as to preview + ended up buying the japanese version instead
my sephy got objected by Edgey~~~Posted ImageDeviantart- DreamTeam - LifeJournal

#11 chiakichen

chiakichen

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

I guess I would if my favorite mangaka's manga are not translated/publish into Chinese version or something, but so far, lucky me I don't have any reasons to buy any English manga since all of my favorite mangaka's manga are available in chinese version

#12 khal3121

khal3121

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Only buy it for novelty. Meaning, only do such for the beloved mangas only. :P
Daffodil Academy Student DetailsCharacter Name: Karu DojimaYear/Class: 3-E Club/Societies: Daffodil Tribune - Media/Newspaper Club, Kendo ClubSkills/Weakness: Fast learner but moderate kendo skills, sharp investigation intuition, direct interviewing approach and above average writer / Weakness: Afraid of cold, sharp objects pointed directly to him (blades, scissors) and losing his mother.Inventory: Journal, glasses and mug (in backpack)PVP Mode: OFF
Spoiler

#13 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Same as OneWinged, but mostly I buy original light novels from Kinokuniya.I seldom buy original mangas unless there is no pirated version of that manga in the market, e.g. Axis Powers Hetalia

#14 Wolfnagi

Wolfnagi

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

Same as OneWinged, but mostly I buy original light novels from Kinokuniya.I seldom buy original mangas unless there is no pirated version of that manga in the market, e.g. Axis Powers Hetalia

Light Novel in kanji is hard to read. Which leads back to Baka-tsuki, where people use it to read novels xD
Posted Image

#15 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

I will buy as long as it continues but will only choose my most favourites one because...english manga is not cheap. One book around RM35+ and if want to buy 10....that will be RM350++ So...can only choose the best one. The reason i buy is..to support the artist who draw it~ ^^

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#16 ScarletDevil

ScarletDevil

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I definitely will buy it, if I had the money to do so.Heck, I wouldn't mine buying the entire manga shelf if I had the money to do that! <3
|| Blog˜† || FC2 Blog || Twitter || deviantArt ||

Our merging hearts go in-synch with the beat