CF2011 Side Quest
The Unknown-But-Somehow-Obviously-Evil Evil (UBSOE2, for short) is back again at 2011! This year, we’re calling upon the necessary evils of a TCG to gather the powers... er... necessary and defeat the UBSOE2~With an almighty CF Lifetime Pass hanging as a bounty, will a hero worthy of its claim rise up to victory?
Gameplay - Introduction
The target of each player this year is to collect as many points as possible from cards numbered #100 to #1.Here are the steps made simple:1. Register yourself at the Side Quest Counter.2. Find Out About a Card You Like.3. Complete the Tasks Needed for the Card.4. Collect the Card.5. Repeat 1-4 as often as you can.At the end of two days, a winner will be decided based on the player’s card collection![spoiler=Gameplay R&Rs
]Gameplay - Card Types & How to Gauge Your Collection
This is how a CF2011 Side Quest Card looks like…
[img]There are three general types of cards: "Basic", "Fusion" and "Catena".Basic
cards are gained through completing quests attained from Game Masters (GMs).Fusion
cards are upgraded cards obtained by trading in specific Basic cards from GMs. (imagine a "recipe" for an "item").Catena
cards are reward cards rewarded whenever certain requirements are fulfilled and presented.Cards are numbered in descending order and each #number belongs to only one type of card (Basic, Fusion or Catena).The number of copies of a card is limited and the number printed follows the number of the card itself. Because of this, the rarer lower-number cards have higher points.e.g.
- #100 would have 100 copies and be worth 1pt
- #90 would have 90 copies and be worth 11pts
- #31 would have 31 copies and be worth 70pts
- #2 would have 2 copies and be worth 99pts
These points will be used to gauge a player’s collection. However, one copy of each #card will be considered during the final tabulation of points (i.e. if your collection only has 30 copies of #90, you only have 11pts).Gameplay – Game Masters & How to Gain Cards
1. To gain cards, players must first get information about them from the Game Masters (GM). 2. Including the Side Quest Booth, there are a total of four (4) GMs throughout the game. Each GM has information and access to different sets of cards.3. Information on cards can be requested from each GM. Each GM also holds a reference list of cards they carry that can be obtained upon request.4. Players are awarded Basic cards whenever they complete quests. These cards can be obtained from either the GMs or other designated distributors whenever they achieve the requirements.5. Generally, non-GM distributors will be identified upon accepting the quest. There may be exceptions to this rule.6. Proof may be requested upon redeeming cards. This may be in the form of photographic, video or audio recordings.7. Players may exchange sets of Basic cards for Fusion cards from GMs. 8. Catena cards are obtained whenever a player’s collection achieves a certain requirement. This requirement can be inquired by the player from the related GM.9. For the sake of points, trading or any other reason you can think of, players are free to repeat quests to gain multiple copies of a card.[spoiler=General Rules & Regulations
]1. Unlike the team-based RPG of 2010, each player is required to register themselves as an individual at the CF Side Quests Booth before starting the game.2. Upon registering, each player will be given an "identifier". Players are encouraged to ensure that this identifier remain visible throughout their time with CF Side Quest.3. At any given time there are only X-copies of a specific card in circulation, where X is equal to the card's number. (e.g. Card #30 will only have #30 copies available)4. Upon completing the requirements, a player may sometimes need to provide proof when redeeming the card. This proof may be in the form of photographic, audio or visual recordings.5. Each “proof” can only be used to redeem ONE card.6. If a card is no longer available, players will be informed upon requesting the quest. However, should all copies of cards be redeemed in the time it took the player to return from the quest, only regrettable apologies will be given in exchange.7. If a card is traded to an GM for whatever the reason (e.g. fusion), it is returned into circulation and given to the next player that completes the related quest.8. All quests are repeatable.9. Only registered players will be able to request, conduct and complete quests. 10. Despite registering as individuals, players are free to interact with one another. This includes (but not limited to) working in teams, trading with one another, or even competing with one another.12. Please be nice when playing. Don't bully/steal from other teams. Coffy frowns upon you who play dirty. TwT13. Be careful when playing! Don't get hurt. Comic Fiesta cannot/will not be held responsible for injuries caused by the negligence of yourself and/or others.14. As usual, by participating in this activity you acknowledge that you have read the Rules and Regulations and will adhere to them. If you don't, CF can/will disqualify you and repossess any/all cards gathered thus far.[/spoiler][/spoiler]Players are to gather and submit their entire collection of cards back to the Side Quest Booth by 5pm, Sunday 18th Dec 2011. A winner is determined by the player whose card collection provides the highest amount of points. This winner will walk away with Card #1 - a Life-Time Free Pass to CF!
[spoiler=Full Card Gallery
]#002 - #016#017 - #031#032 - #046#047 - #006#062 - #076#077 - #006#092 - #101