Photo

Amazingly AWESOME CF 2011 Photographers' Recruitment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Update: Rules and Regulations has changed.Remember when we mentioned that we want CF 2011 to be awesome?Guess what, we still do.Here's your chance to make it awesome-er.If you're a photographer, get ready to jump into the madness that is Comic Fiesta, because you can now register to be an official photographer for CF 2011!The base requirements aren't much. If you have:1) an eye for detail, 2) good composition skills, and3) have at least a point-and-shoot camera with manual functionalities,then you're welcome to join us!Download the photographers' recruitment form attached to this post, fill in ALL the details using Microsoft Word, then send the completed form to ian@comicfiesta.org by 26th November 2011.Whip out your toy and start snapping, and do it like a boss.Section 1: Recommended Requirements: (Note: it's not necessary or required for you to have all of the requirements listed below, but it would help.)

• A digital SLR body (preferably) + Flash gun.
  • Between a 10-18mm (preferred) and 18-55mm lens.
  • Preferably photographers with GOOD portfolio.
  • Able to follow instructions when necessary.
  • Able to work independently.

Section 2: Rules and Regulations:

• Official Photographers are to work on voluntarily basis.
  • Photographs taken are to be uploaded to a designated server within 14 days after the event.
  • All photographs taken by the Official Photographers during the event days itself, will be part of the media for CF; CF reserved unlimited rights to use the image including as our promotional materials and projects. The photographs will remain the property of the owners.
  • All Official Photographers must wear the 'Official Photographer' tag when they are in the event venue.
  • Official Photographers are not allowed to use/publish their photos from the event (be in for commercial/non-commercial purposes) in any manner/form until Comic Fiesta committees has obtained permission from the event sponsors (This will take at least 3 months).
  • Official Photographers are highly encouraged to publish their photos.
  • Please do not be rude to other photographers, committees and visitors.

Section 3: Benefits for Official Photographers:

• Free entrance to Comic Fiesta 2011 throughout the day of duty.
  • Unrestricted access to the front of the stage.
  • Access to Artist Booth. However, please respect booth owners' privacy if they do not wish photos of their booth taken.
  • Karma point +100.

There will be absolutely no usage of Instagram or any sort of hipster filters in all of the photos taken by official photographers at CF 2011.Section 4: Briefing session before Comic Fiesta 2011Date: 26th November 2011Time: 11.00 am (As we will be working in together, I expect everyone to practice self-discipline and be punctual) Venue: Food Court, Concourse Level, Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.*Please take note of the venue is actually the Convention Center, not Suria KLCC (Shopping Center). The convention center is next to the Twin Tower.Kindly refer to waninoko's post and crazystick's post on how to get to here.Questions? Ask away in this thread!

#2 eXodes

eXodes

hipster–in–denial

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Sent. PS: Your doc file sucks. I need to rearrange everything. >: 3
This line proves that you're lifeless.

#3 ganaeshd

ganaeshd

External Committee

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Sent. PS: Your doc file sucks. I need to rearrange everything. >: 3

Well, that's what happens when you use a Mac.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.- Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986) Read my blog,or see the pretty pictures I took,or follow me on Twitter.

#4 Hitoribocchi

Hitoribocchi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Done, done, and done.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

#5 dandy

dandy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

I have sent the doc to your inbox..Please check.. thank you.

#6 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the response guys. I will check them up once I have access to a PC. Do tell this to you friends also ya.

#7 dejoker

dejoker

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sent!!! In your inbox yo!

#8 khaizer01

khaizer01

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

fuhhh... Done!! :)

#9 maru_sama8

maru_sama8

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • 1255 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sent!

#10 dejoker

dejoker

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Umm excuse me, how do we know if we're accepted to become official photographers? Is there like a confirmation email or something, or we do we have to go for that briefing to know?

#11 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am replying to all the applications. You will get your email notifications. Please try your best to attend the briefing, as it is important for us to know each other and for task intro.

#12 Rei7

Rei7

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Can I ask a question. Is there a shift? Or do we shoot from morning till night time?

#13 acemaster15

acemaster15

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

"Official Photographers are to work on voluntarily basis."Ok, this is a nice statement as we can help each other out but....."All photographs taken by the Official Photographers during the event days itself, belongs to Comic Fiesta."this statement is TOO MUCH, we are baring the time (edit,back-up and uploading the servers/to share with CF) at zero cost to CF yet all photo belong to CF?

#14 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:33 AM

Can I ask a question. Is there a shift? Or do we shoot from morning till night time?

There will be shifts and photographers will be assigned during major events or highlights. Out of shifts, all photographers are allowed and encouraged to snap anything they want.

"Official Photographers are to work on voluntarily basis."Ok, this is a nice statement as we can help each other out but....."All photographs taken by the Official Photographers during the event days itself, belongs to Comic Fiesta."this statement is TOO MUCH, we are baring the time (edit,back-up and uploading the servers/to share with CF) at zero cost to CF yet all photo belong to CF?

Volunteering for CF'11 Official Photographer is a win win situation. Photos that were taken as assigned or photos that are shared with CF are restricted from any commercial purposes. We need to be able to share it with our sponsors/media and to be used by CF for promotional purposes. Thus, these photos will be acknowledged by us as either supplied by CF or the Official Photographers. (We maintain records of previous years photos together with their respective owners name). Out of this, you are allowed to access anywhere within the restriction of Official Photographers and take photos of anything you want, for your own consumption.I hope I have cleared your doubts on this.

#15 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

After careful considerations, we have amended the R&R. Photographers are highly encouraged to upload the photos taken to their Facebook, blogs and or other sites.

#16 Rei7

Rei7

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

After careful considerations, we have amended the R&R. Photographers are highly encouraged to upload the photos taken to their Facebook, blogs and or other sites.

That is really good to hear.

#17 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

See you all in the briefing later :)

#18 Hexlord

Hexlord

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Opps... just saw this thread *at work right now* >.

Black Rabbit Photography

Blog | DeviantArt | Facebook | Google+

#19 z_uniten

z_uniten

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

still can apply to be the photographer??

#20 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

I will still accept photographers with the discretion of the committees.Just email me your form :)

#21 z_uniten

z_uniten

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

oh okai, can you pm me your email add?? so i can send the form

#22 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

It is on the first post ian@comicfiesta.org

#23 adventerror

adventerror

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a little late, but is it possible to still register as a photographer for comic fiesta?

#24 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Please send in your application. We will still consider all applications based on portfolio/experience.