Photo

CF2011 Onsite Art Competition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

4-koma CompetitionCategory: 16 and under.Contestant Cap: 40Date: 18th December 2011 (Sunday)Time: 2.00pm - 4.00pmPrize:1st place, RM500 (including CF goodie bag)2nd place, RM300 (including CF goodie bag)3rd place, RM200 (including CF goodie bag)[spoiler=Rules and Regulations]- Participants must be 16 years old and below.- Participants are advised to bring their own drawing materials; water based materials such as watercolors and acrylics are not allowed.- The competition will be held on Sunday only. Participants will be given a total of 2 hours to complete the comic on site.- Participants will be required to draw 3 strips of 4-koma panels on a theme which will be provided on the day itself.- A3 Pages will be provided by the community on the spot before the competition.- The competition will end at 4.00pm. To be fair, all artists are required to stop their works immediately at that time.- Judges decisions are final. Complaints may be entertained but will be done so at the individual's prerogative and will have no effect on the results.- The CFOC2011 reserves the right to amend/change these R&Rs at their own discretion without prior notification.- Winners will announced on 18th December 2011 (Sunday) and the prize giving session will be held on stage at 6.30pm.[/spoiler]Comic CompetitionCategory: 17 and AboveContestant Cap: 40Date: 17th December 2011 (Saturday)Time: 3.00pm - 6.00pmPrize:1st place, RM700 (including CF goodie bag)2nd place, RM500 (including CF goodie bag)3rd place, RM300 (including CF goodie bag)[spoiler=Rules and Regulations]- Participants must be at least 17 years old and above.- Participants are advised to bring their own drawing materials; water based materials such as watercolors and acrylics are not allowed.- The competition will be held on both days. Participants will be given a total of 3 hours to complete the comic on site.- Participants are required to draw a comic story between 1-3 pages long based on a theme which will be provided on the day itself.- A3 Pages will be provided by the community on the spot before the competition.- The competition will end at 6.00pm, 17th December 2011. To be fair, all artists are required to stop their works immediately at that time.- Judges decisions are final. Complaints may be entertained but will be done so at the individual's prerogative and will have no effect on the results.- The CFOC2011 reserves the right to amend/change these R&Rs at their own discretion without prior notification.- Winners will announced on 18th December 2011 (Sunday) and the prize giving session will be held on stage at 6.30pm.[/spoiler]The competition form is attached below. Just download it, fill it up, print it and bring it with you over to our registration counter an hour (1hr) before the beginning of the competition and you're in. =)Any questions you may have can be either posted here or directed to bmj@comicfiesta.org~*EDIT:-The time for Saturday's 17 and Above category has been delayed to 3pm!

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#2 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

What would the theme be? This competition is interesting.

#3 Katz_sharky

Katz_sharky

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

I wanna join the 16 and below :3
without memories of the past we cant see the future

#4 YueW-ng

YueW-ng

Fungi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

For the 4-koma, must it be inked? or just pencil will do?

Lalala--

#5 Katz_sharky

Katz_sharky

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

I know i sound like a noobie... but was is 3 strips of 4-koma panels hehe dont mind me asking... ._.

#6 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

What would the theme be? This competition is interesting.

It's a S-E-C-R-E-T. ;DSeriously though, to promote fair play, we're only revealing them 1hr before the competition on the day itself. :(

I wanna join the 16 and below :3

You can if you're 16 or below. =3

For the 4-koma, must it be inked? or just pencil will do?

Pencil will do just fine. Just make sure we can see it~ XD

I know i sound like a noobie... but was is 3 strips of 4-koma panels hehe dont mind me asking... ._.

A 4-koma comic usually uses 4 panels...[] [] [] []So 3-strips of 4-koma would look something like this...[] [] [] [][] [] [] [][] [] [] []Traditionally, each 4-koma strip would contain a "joke" or something fun. You can check out a more detailed explanation in wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonkoma

#7 YueW-ng

YueW-ng

Fungi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Oh. ^ you drew it like [] [] [] [] so does it goes left right or up down? Most of them I see it goes up down.

Lalala--

#8 xsaye

xsaye

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

register on the spot or?
[align=center]X s a y ePosted ImageBlog::Tumblr [/align]

#9 Katz_sharky

Katz_sharky

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

when and where can we join in?

#10 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Oh. ^ you drew it like [] [] [] [] so does it goes left right or up down? Most of them I see it goes up down.

Either way is possible. =)

register on the spot or?

On site registration. =)

when and where can we join in?

The competition timing is written in the details above. Just register at the event's info counter once you're inside.

#11 Katz_sharky

Katz_sharky

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

is markers allow?

#12 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

is markers allow?

Yeap. Markers are not considered a "wet" medium, though, to be safe, you may want to ask for a couple of sheets of extra paper to prevent leaving a mark on the tables below. =)

#13 Nushi_no_hitobashira

Nushi_no_hitobashira

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

ooooh how big will the paper be??
Posted Image

#14 Lepushead

Lepushead

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

ooooh how big will the paper be??

A3 Pages will be provided by the community on the spot before the competition.

It's here.

#15 Nushi_no_hitobashira

Nushi_no_hitobashira

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

oh yes I should've read the whole thing... wait A3??? 3 A3 papers?? within 3 hours?? omg that's a challenge!
Posted Image

#16 5hiro

5hiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

What size should the panels be for the 4-koma comic?Or are the panels already drawn on the given paper?

#17 Katz_sharky

Katz_sharky

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

Will this cOmpetition clash with the solo cosPlay?
without memories of the past we cant see the future

#18 Shin Orochi Yashiro

Shin Orochi Yashiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

....I might join this....time to practice! xDEDIT : Just for confirmation, hope it's not a silly question...Will tables and chairs be provided or we need to find ourselves a spot to draw it? Because drawing on the floor is kinna...D:Or is it we need to bring our own table and chairs? D8
Posted Image

#19 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

What size should the panels be for the 4-koma comic?Or are the panels already drawn on the given paper?

You're free to decide that for yourself. As long as your complete comic fits within the A3 paper, we have no fixed size for this... er... though if the panels were smaller than 3cm x 3cm, it might be a little hard to read. >w<;;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will this cOmpetition clash with the solo cosPlay?

The 16-under, 4-koma will most likely clash. However, based on the edited time-table, you might actually make it in time if you run off *right* after the finals (which end at 3pm) to complete your comic in 1-hr. =)+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

....I might join this....time to practice! xDEDIT : Just for confirmation, hope it's not a silly question...Will tables and chairs be provided or we need to find ourselves a spot to draw it? Because drawing on the floor is kinna...D:Or is it we need to bring our own table and chairs? D8

Tables and chairs will be provided... and yes, the question was kinda silly. XP 

oh yes I should've read the whole thing... wait A3??? 3 A3 papers?? within 3 hours?? omg that's a challenge!

*Up to* 3 A3-papers. You don't have to use all 3. =)

#20 Shin Orochi Yashiro

Shin Orochi Yashiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

Tables and chairs will be provided... and yes, the question was kinda silly. XP

.....Posted Image...*feels silly*...*sob*
Posted Image

#21 YueW-ng

YueW-ng

Fungi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

When drawing the 4-koma, must it be neat and tidy like the lines must all be at 90 degree angle and super straight or can we design the frames?

Lalala--

#22 twiler

twiler

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

When its 4 panel per page, I can draw it from right to left (like manga) or left to right? I mean it doesn't matter right?Also, the sizes of the panels, are they given orrrr?
Posted Image

#23 5hiro

5hiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

1.Is there anything that is not allowed to bring or use during the competition?(such as books, references, handphones)2.Do we need to pay to enter the competition?3.Are we allowed to discuss with friends during the competition?

#24 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

When drawing the 4-koma, must it be neat and tidy like the lines must all be at 90 degree angle and super straight or can we design the frames?

We're not that strict... in fact, if anything, we encourage creativity! So design away~ =)______________________________________________________

When its 4 panel per page, I can draw it from right to left (like manga) or left to right? I mean it doesn't matter right?Also, the sizes of the panels, are they given orrrr?

Yes you can draw it anyway you want. But if you're worried, you can feel free to put a small note as to the direction of the panels you want to be read from.And no, the size of the panels are up to you. =)______________________________________________________

1.Is there anything that is not allowed to bring or use during the competition?(such as books, references, handphones)

No such thing. If you have references you want to bring, feel free to do so. This is not an exam. :P

2.Do we need to pay to enter the competition?

The competition is strictly for Comic Fiesta 2011's attendees only. If you're already an attendee at Comic Fiesta 2011, you will not need to pay.If not, you'll need to pay for your entrance ticket before you can join. =)

3.Are we allowed to discuss with friends during the competition?

Feel free to do so. As I've said, this is not an exam. =)

#25 Qimna-miyako

Qimna-miyako

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

ano... what is mean " NRIC " in art competition form ?i think it silly question , but seriously i don't understand (= 3 =)ermm.... is that ok if i clik at the "download link" [the competition form] for triple time (= ~ =lll)#sorryyyyyy!!!! i had blackout at my house for several times , and i feel uneasy to see the number at the word beside download .... it's a limited form right??? [correct me if i'm wrong]

#26 Vian-V

Vian-V

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

ano... what is mean " NRIC " in art competition form ?i think it silly question , but seriously i don't understand (= 3 =)ermm.... is that ok if i clik at the "download link" [the competition form] for triple time (= ~ =lll)#sorryyyyyy!!!! i had blackout at my house for several times , and i feel uneasy to see the number at the word beside download .... it's a limited form right??? [correct me if i'm wrong]

NRIC means your IC number, or passport number if you're a foreigner.--Oh yeah, are fanarts allowed?

#27 YueW-ng

YueW-ng

Fungi

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

;A; need to self print?! Oh no. I can't print!! ...Unable to print. orz

Lalala--

#28 Shin Orochi Yashiro

Shin Orochi Yashiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

I just realized that there was a form available for download...@_@;;Bad news is, I just arrive from KK to KL and I didn't bring my printer...D8...will there be any form available for tomorrow's registration? D:
Posted Image

#29 Qimna-miyako

Qimna-miyako

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

NRIC means your IC number, or passport number if you're a foreigner.--Oh yeah, are fanarts allowed?

#30 Shin Orochi Yashiro

Shin Orochi Yashiro

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

congratz to the winners....I only saw my drawing on the wall...abit upset that I didn't win but if there's anymore art competition like that next year, I wanna try my luck again!
Posted Image