Photo

Photography Question...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aegis

Aegis

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

I have a question or three.I've been told that photography in the PARK is completely forbidden. Then one of your official photographers tell me that you CAN take pictures, but you can't use any PROFESSIONAL equipment (like lightstands, softboxes, umbrellas, reflectors, FLASH, CAMERA). I'm also told that photography is only allowed at "designated places", though no one seems to care to inform me of where those are.Clarification?Also, what about the Convention Center itself? Can't shoot in the hall, since it's the doujin area. What about the hallway? Do we have use of the hallway from one end to the other? Or are we restricted to the immediate space infront of Hall 5? What about the stairs in the middle? The blue waterwall under the stairs? The second floor?15,000 people would have a hard time fitting into that tiny walk of space in front of Hall 5.
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

#2 cereal87

cereal87

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • 90014 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Official photographers are photographers that has volunteered on voluntary basis. They have no rights to decide what is wrong or wrong nor for their words represents CF'11 committees.KLCC park belongs to a different management group (if not mistaken). Thus, the guards are different from what we have inside the convention hall. They may have not been informed about our event.In general practice, tourist has been taking photos around the park. Based on my observations, professional looking photography are the usual that get disallowed by the guards. They are not cameragraphers. So, expect them to consider DSLR users with more than a kit-lens and/or with flash kit and weird looking subject/model to be considered as professional photography. This may be subjective, but it is better to just listen to the guards if they tell you not to take photos.Anything outside of Hall 5 will be subjected to the Convention hall's management rules and regulation. If you cause problems, human traffic jam, path blocking, guards or securities in black suit will advise you to move away. Please adhere to their advise. As on that day, it is not only CF is held in the Convention Center.

#3 Alan Chin The Sniper

Alan Chin The Sniper

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • 1354 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

Back to basic, in law, there is no reason that KLCC guards should ask you go away and there is no rules stated that you aren't allow to photograph in the KLCC Park, much more simple to say , you are free to shoot around, unless you are spoiling or vandalism or so on, you are being asked to go away. Unfortunately, some of the KLCC guards claimed that any kind of gathering without permit, or some sort of act that spoiled the image of KLCC will be considered guilty and will ask you get out immediately or detained. Back to the cosplay event, in hall, you're free to shoot in the hall range area , no worry , find a spot and get it done. Outside the park , shoot at your own risk , but the best is never too far away to the event area, probably the best is the walk way outside the hall 5 and outdoor near the hall 5, there's the straight path enough for shoot. Still , the whole thing is shoot with your own risk. ( P.S. : Don't dress too professionally like me unless you are media or blogger , or you will be spotted by guard if you near the park at the centre point LOL )
Weapon : EOS 1D, EOS 400D, 580EXII, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 , 70-200mm f/4L USM, 50mm f/1.8 II , Phottix Strato flash trigger, Battery pack for 580EXII

CLICK MY BLOG! --- ALANCWL.COM , I share everything here

#4 Aegis

Aegis

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Well, I generally wear a deep hoodie, so I look more like a burglar than a photographer. XDAhem.Anyway, it's difficult since even their guards can't reach a consensus of what is allowed and what is not. I've shot a group of 6 with a dslr, flash, and reflector, on the grass (THE GRASS! THE HOLY GRASS!) and nobody seems to care. I've shot a friend with a tiny slr and a tinier lens, and guards have told me to put the camera away. -_-You can see how that gets annoying, fast.Also, there's another event there that day? Their site only lists CF as the event that day.
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."