135 ZyC Gallery 470
156 PPP  302 157 Justice Photography 299
171 Snap-shoot 172
172 Uncredited 170
177 AK Shooter  142
185 StarFyrz 90

excel sheet: http://www.mediafire...ril_30_2015.xls

Google drive: https://drive.google...cllRRU9UVVpXa2s

List of cosplay photographer who might be added to the list one day ... 

1. K.T. Studio 808

Community Project: 

Weekly Cosplay Photoshoot

is the almost complete list of all the photographer you can seek after if you want to conduct photoshoot :) do come and discuss each individual group style and gossip maybe. everything is open and everything is for fun and nothing should be taken seriously ok ...

EDIT: This list is no longer updated or maintain cause Im lazy. if you want to add to the group, pm me at my facebook. all removal will not be entertain cause this is free publicity for you and I will ignore every single other excuse you give. 

EDIT EDIT: THIS LIST IS FOR MALAYSIAN COSPLAY PHOTOGRAPHER, NOT INTERNATIONAL. TO THOSE INTERNATIONAL ENTERED, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY IM TOO LAZY TO REMOVE YOU.

Edited by guest18, 21 September 2015 - 03:12 PM.

• MicehellWD and KTxStudio like this

#2 Aegis

Aegis

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Why is Rogay Ong even on that list?
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

#3 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Why is Rogay Ong even on that list?

the list was copied somewhere else ... really ought to remove some though ...

#4 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

Cute lala girls wear lingerie can go find rogay ong later. Then he say he is king of cosplay photography. Cute.
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#5 Aegis

Aegis

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

Rogay Ong can go jump in front of a speeding bus.
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

#6 Domo.Momo

Domo.Momo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

O3O A.R.C Photography still not consider as king of photography? o3o//le just asking
Posted Image

#7 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

uh oh ... seem like the latest trend is toward underwater shooting, so which one you all prefer ?

the one done by arc
https://www.facebook...27475530&type=3

the one done by razrig
https://www.facebook...65667606&type=1

open a pool in fb, now everyone can follow
https://www.facebook...528/?qa_ref=ssp

#8 Azunatsu

Azunatsu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

It is nice if they take out the brim of the water, and the pool's tiled background
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

#9 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

for anyone interested in shooting with roger ong please read this:

http://rogay-outoffocus.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook...25383626&type=3

not saying its true or false, just take note thats all

#10 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

updated and clean the list ...

#11 Hexlord

Hexlord

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

LOL.

Black Rabbit Photography

Blog | DeviantArt | Facebook | Google+

#12 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Posted Image

take or not, please be careful with your belonging

#13 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

1) Original Photo

Capture it using any photo capturing devices. Best to go for a DSLR quality camera as it gives you more flexibility and better image quality. In my case, I'm using Sony Nex C3 EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) camera.

2) Mood Adjustment

Using Adobe Lightroom, you can change the mood of the original picture by changing the color, exposure, contrast, saturation and etc. You can remove noise and also create an art like image here as well. Vignetting can also be added here. Normally at this stage, your photo would already look very pleasing.

3) Extra Touch up

Using Adobe Photoshop, touch up the photo by removing any unwanted things as small as blemish or as big as a can object. Then you may add something extra to enhance the picture even further. Like in this picture, you see I add up blood splatter all around the picture to give it a more gore ambience (Blood was purposely added both in and on top of the photo). Remember to add your watermark or any text to it if you wish and you're done :D

*Hope this help those who are interested in Photography and also provide understanding and appreciation towards all Photographers who went to such great length :) Let's have fun and enjoy Photography ~

Source:

https://www.facebook...77217322&type=1

#14 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Posted Image

fat or thin, we all are doing our best to potray our love for the character ok :)
lets all have respect for each other

#15 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

is being a model really that neccesery and important? do give some feedback and comment :)

#16 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

With the recent raging between cosplayer and photographer, I understand where both sides are coming from since I hear my friends (either from cosplayer or from photographers side) telling me their frustrations. I understand that cosplay photoshooting is a hobby on both sides, but although this is your hobby, there are also RESPONSIBILITIES as a cosplayer AND photographer when participating in a shoot. Cosplay photography is a joint effort between cosplayer and photographer so here's a guide I'm putting up in hopes to avoid anymore raging or miscommunication. Feel free to comment and critisize.

For Cosplayers
1. PLANNING & RESEARCH
A cosplay shoot especially with a big group is a lot of work. It's not just gathering people, find a location and meet there only on the day of the shoot.

Oh hell no.....

You need to set the time and how many hours are you planning to shoot. What do you plan to cover during the shoot? How many people are involved in the shoot? Is the time sufficient to cover all the shots (you want to take)? It's always best to be prepared with image references from the anime as a guide. Compile screenshots or cosplayer references for Group and Solo shots for the photographer. Don't expect the photographer to marathon the whole series to know how to shoot your character. You're the cosplayer, YOU *should* know your character best.

Discuss with your photographers and teammates. Show the photographers your idea for the shoot, and from there, the photographer can visualize and give comments, and *possibly* more ideas could burst out for the shoot :D. Some angles in the series might be impossible for the photographer to achieve; don't force them. Instead, ask them is there any other way to shoot but still deliver the same idea. It's best to work with your photographers right from the research stage. Discussions are very very important as ONE: it gives the photographer an idea of your character's personality and TWO: it helps the shoot go smoothly on the day itself.

Remember, as the shoot prolongs, your team will also get tired. Photogs enthusiasm will start to drop, your saikangs will be distracted and your cosplay teammates will start dropping like flies (from weariness). This will affect the performance quality from both cosplayer and photographer.

Optional: I'd normally suggest a recce to the location a month before the shoot to help both cosplayer and photographer better visualize the outcome of the shoot. Looking at location pictures on the web doesn't do it justice honestly. There might be other things that are not captured in photos. The last time I went to recce a location only to find out there's a flyover highway right beside the area I was using, which was a bit of an eyesore for the series I wanted to shoot for.

So yes... it's a preference for me, but I really don't expect people to be as anal as I am.

2. PREPARE
You've set the time and date for the shoot, there is no reason at all to have LAST MINUTE PREPS. Lay out your costume few days/weeks before the shoot and see what's missing. As the day crawls nearer, start packing your essentials (makeup kits, wig nets, hair spray). Do a check list before you start packing and then cross them out as you pack them into your 4 Dimensional Pocket.

3. PAMPERING & SLEEP
The sleep tip is from a photog.
I'm ashamed to say that I have no right to tell people to sleep early when I myself have not been able to sleep early on a NORMAL DAY XP. But yes sufficient sleep is important so that you look fresh on the day of the shoot. The eyebags are just gonna give photogs more work in editting your photos.

A hydrating mask 2 days before shoot is good as well so that your skin looks healthy refreshed, makeup goes on skin smoothly too 8D since the mask can help soothe any breakouts you might have.

4. BE ON TIME
Oh I must certainly stress this a lot..... yes... BE PUNCTUAL for the shoot. If you say 4pm then be there (on location) at 4pm! I notice it's almost a culture for cosplayers to be 2-4 hours late on an average because of prep work. If the shoot starts at 4pm then be at the location by 2pm so that you have the time to spare to do your makeup and also attach on any other accessories your costume has. Photogs can be there early to do test shots if they want to, but please for the love of god...... BE ON TIME.

Being late affects the mood of the group. Other people will get frustrated as it affects their schedule. You might have had your whole day cleared for the shoot but do think of others.

5. PATIENCE! OR NOT?
There are a few situations after the shoot where the question comes to...
a. The transfering of photos
b. The post-processing and editting

Some photogs I work with, immediately transfer the photos to me through pendrive or upload through hosting sites like DropBox or Mediafire. It's not as though you guys need to FLY to see each other. Just make a date to yamcha and in-between to transfer the photos. Set a deadline with your photog. If the batch of photos is too large (in size), ask your photog to send over a stack of low-res jpegs for you to filter then provide a list of photos you want for them to pass to you.

Again, DISCUSS with your photog on who will do the post-processing and editting. Everybody has their own daily lives to live (work, assignments, etc) so work on a comfortable deadline between both parties. Remember, photogs are doing this for free so BE PATIENT. I normally drop reminders to the photogs once a week.

NEVER get mad at your photogs.

Try not to burn any bridges especially within the community. Yes, the same rule that applies in your career is also applied here. Treat everyone you meet with respect and kindness. If the photog is difficult to work with, then just pick another photographer for your next shoot. It's not the end of the world if you're not getting your photos. There's always an option to reshoot.

For Photographers
1. UNDERSTANDING CHARACTER
Cosplay photography is not just getting the time, date, venue and then turn up on the day of the shoot. It's not just showing up, adjust your camera settings and start snapping away.

NO.

Cosplay photograhy should not be treated the same way as an average model shoot. They should not just sit, stand, stick their tongues out or lie down trying to look seductive at your whims. Cosplayers are portraying the characters they love, and they look to you to bring out *that* very essence into your photos. If the cosplayers did not brief you on their characters, ask them how are their characters' personalities. Demand for reference pictures, even if all they give you at the end of the day are wiki links. Make them do some work!

2. KNOW YOUR LIMITS
Understand the point of having a photoshoot, for both cosplayers *and* photogs, is ultimately is to have presentable photos. You can boast about doing 324626327586 shoots a year, but what's the point if the number of unprocessed/unpresentable/unposted photoshoots are long enough to go around the world twice..?

Every photog will care about quality, and I understand perfectly that you'd want anything posted to meet the high standards of quantity you've set up for yourself, which is why it is doubly important for you to know your limits and learn to say no if you still have previous shoot photos to process. You have a life to lead, jobs to do, money to find and teh-tariks to drink; because you are doing this for free, you should know better to arrange your time so that this doesn't become the *only* thing you do. There is no rush; there's so many cosplayers in the community, you're not shooting some endangered animal!

This isn't a lecture about how to lead your life, but rather a simple request from a cosplayer to respect the expectations, hopes and dreams(???) we have placed in you and your work to not leave us hanging indefinitely, which brings me to my next point...

3. BACKLOG
As much as photogs would like to think that because they are doing a free job, they can process and upload whenever they want, the thought is absolute bullshity and selfish.

For one, there is the wait. I really don't think I need to go too deep into this, but to hold onto photos without releasing them for overly long periods of time is just plain retarded. The photos taken in a photoshoot are the results of a colaborative effort. They are as much a photog's as they are a cosplayer's; BOTH have a right to it.

Do you know how much it hurts to a cosplayer when there's a nicely editted and processed photo of a more recent shoot but find no photos online of their own shoot that was done months ago? I know a new shoot can be very exciting, but consider this, someone else has been waiting for a shot of themselves in character for XXX-periods of time before this, and someone else just got to go first before them.

Cosplayers take a lot of effort to make their costumes, and it hurts a lot when they see a photog post a more recent shoot instead of working on their backlogs. It makes them feel that their time was wasted, it insults their efforts and makes it seem as through the hardwork they've put in were unworthy and unacknowledged.

The wall of texts above might seem a bit scattered, but the idea is simple - Manage your backlog in order. If you think you can't process the photos, then send a batch of low-res jpegs for the coser to filter then upload the hi-res versions so that the coser can help edit it.

If you need more to convince you on this, here's a summary posted by Xrystal a few months back on why photos are important to cosplayers: http://goo.gl/5TB6i

In Closing...
Everyone has their own problems. It's important for everyone to understand and consider the needs and wants of one other so that these problems don't become bigger problems. So now that I've talked about these problems, if you have any problems (with what I've written above), do write them down so that we can all problem your problems and that the problems can problem problems. Problem?

source: https://www.facebook...151185798184054

#17 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image

please dont mistaken anybody identity ok :)

#18 ix3Rukia

ix3Rukia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

haha i like calvin's post.
Posted Image
Click to visit my youtube for animations :)
Cosplay Plans 2012
1. Nurse akali - League of legend
2. Serge - Chrono Cross
3. Riven - League of legend
4. Ezreal - League of legend

#19 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image

uh oh ... bad news for everybody :(

#20 HarukiTheSevenfold

HarukiTheSevenfold

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

This sounds scary....Your photo will be uploaded elsewhere and god knows what people would do with it. >_<
-The Bleeding Is Over-
Posted Image

#21 nicklausyap

nicklausyap

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hello,
I like Calvin Pixels Photography.His picture shooting is quite fantastic!!!

#22 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

Seem like there is a bug with the amount of like lately

#23 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

list updated with latest like

HKH Photography move up and Dandy Ong Photography move down
G Corporation move up and Alan Chin Weng Lon Photography Services move down
XTT Photography move up and Ordinary Light PhotographyRed Dot PhotographyNerd Photography move down
<- but Mi.N Photography move above all these
Calvin Pixels Photography move up and nerd move down

Sam Wang move up Kura Pixx move down
Int. Photography move up and mr. nine workshop kura pix move down
Kaye Chow Photography move up and Aki's Studio move down
MoonHawk (鹰之月)Photography move up and aki studio Visuals Artwork move down
Michael Ooi Photography move up and Black Ribbon Photographymove down

月の社 l Tsuki no Studiotudio move up and MelindaWong Photography move down
Alien Photography move up and Snap-Shoot move down
OreNoMoe Photography move up and Studio Orang Bosan move down

#24 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the topic. Please keep this thread healthy. :D

#25 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

Play nice and dont steal other people pictures ok

#26 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

http://cosplayphotog...e-year-contest/

Lets show foreigner what malaysia cosplay photographer are made of

#27 Antarnis

Antarnis

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

:o someone posted my page here as well. Thank you! >_<

#28 MicehellWD

MicehellWD

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Wopsss, saw the post you tag just now only~ >_<||| (And its from november 28 2012!) OTL There wasnt any notification since then until just now when I check my notification~ Sorry about it :P gomen gomen, and thanks for the tag :D And wow, so many photographer~ Amazing~ :heart:

#29 yatashi_suzuki

yatashi_suzuki

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Kudos to this thread.

I really like this topic
But lots of people called themselves a photographer because they hold a DSLR or even worst, a smartphone.

What is your thoughts ?

--------------------------------------------------
WELCOME ON-BOARD ! 

SGTWCVer2.gif 

#30 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Kudos to this thread.

I really like this topic
But lots of people called themselves a photographer because they hold a DSLR or even worst, a smartphone.

What is your thoughts ?

https://www.facebook...508378935890254 <- I shall direct your question to the relevant people :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users