Photo

Anime Fiesta Kuala Lumpur?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 Faiz Si Budak Batu

Faiz Si Budak Batu

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

AFKL knows he can't win the support of CF-ers, they target that n00b anime forum instead.FYI, mynime is a new community for the ACG fans, they started last June. And everyone there are n00bs including some of the mods and admins. So I guess they took advantage of their newbie status.

Yeah, I thought as much, since its the guys over the forum who were defending the event to death, using words like 'we should be supporting ACG events instead of just condemning it'.When I asked one of my friend who's a member of the site why they're so defensive about the event - how sure they are it's not a scam - he said it's only 'cause the admin have met the representative of the event face to face. Heh.
Posted Image

#32 darkcreamz95

darkcreamz95

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

hm its already march now....they just recently said they gave out 5000 free passes.... .___.hm..................

#33 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

seems legit(Exo Des spotted it few days ago)Posted Imagefeeling like want to visit rock corner and ask them what had happened

#34 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

well i do acknowledge that AFKL is not a scam, but still, I don't believe that these people can pull it off.i mean, what kind of clever people would buy RM50 tickets for something that is not confirmed?? They claim to have invited jpop artists and seiyuus but there's no update in the website. Also claimed to have sponsors etc. Their excuse is that they're afraid to reveal the big shots because they fear people going to attack them.

#35 Leftenant

Leftenant

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

well i do acknowledge that AFKL is not a scam, but still, I don't believe that these people can pull it off.i mean, what kind of clever people would buy RM50 tickets for something that is not confirmed?? They claim to have invited jpop artists and seiyuus but there's no update in the website. Also claimed to have sponsors etc. Their excuse is that they're afraid to reveal the big shots because they fear people going to attack them.

When the truth is that people attack them because they don't reveal anything at all =-=

TheColorless.net | ArtStation l PageTwitter

"And there will I keep you forever

Yes, forever and a day

Till the wall shall crumble to ruin

And moulder in dust away."

#36 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

plus their doujin booths are 2x expensive than CF

#37 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Is it true that CF has booked 3 booths there?

#38 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Vulpine Ninja> I not sure where you got the info from, but CF is going to RAGE and we have some announcement to make there. :)

#39 Volvagia356

Volvagia356

Senior CFer

• Administrator
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Here's my latest statement over this matter:http://typicalstorm.com/2012/03/849/afkl-2012-updates/

#40 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ok latest info that spread like wild fire... AFKL just become Away From Kuala Lumpur then we all got RAGE! at Melaka. However eventho their booking halls are cancell by KLCC but they shifted to Berjaya TimeSquare (Manhatan Ballroom) - still not comfirm yet - ...

I do hope its not a scam but just a fail event though...
Don't ever dare saying something you don't dare to do !!!

Que Bee Ozairs
STR: 1 DEX: 3 CON: 1 INT: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 2
HP: 10/10

#41 eXodes

eXodes

hipster–in–denial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Comparison of Comic Fiesta to AFKL. Almost the same, almost.
This line proves that you're lifeless.

#42 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

Yeah almost..... setup & event day5 letter word with a whole diff meaning

Que Bee Ozairs

#43 Chikuyo

Chikuyo

Junior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

can i take your meme n posted it at different forum? haha..mau bikin panas skit..
many people cosplay in real life, try to be honest with yourself..

#44 eXodes

eXodes

hipster–in–denial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hmm? Yeah kot. Where? : O
This line proves that you're lifeless.

#45 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Well~ at least they give it their best. Let's at least honor their good side of wanting to be part of the community that host such events ^^"

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#46 Chikuyo

Chikuyo

Junior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

i hope those who have been advised repeatedly learn their lesson..
even some of them tried to defend this "people", they also get backstabbed after the event happen..
this kind of "show" making our anime culture look bad to the world after all thing that happens..
i hope in the future, none of this happen..try to listen to the Senpai advice before supporting any kind of acg event..
i may not experienced enough to say this, but i have see many of my friend suffer cos similar thing happens..
i as a supporter of anime culture in malaysia want to see people talk about anime and watch anime for the beauty of it..nothing more of that.. :angel:
many people cosplay in real life, try to be honest with yourself..

#47 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

So in short those who wanna join any ACG event better do ur homework 1st & ask around so u wont be disappointed later on

Que Bee Ozairs

#48 Alan Chin The Sniper

Alan Chin The Sniper

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1354 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well , dare enough , just go in there and have a look and do some review then released to the public through any sort of channel such as Facebook and Comic Fiesta forum LOL !
Weapon : EOS 1D, EOS 400D, 580EXII, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 , 70-200mm f/4L USM, 50mm f/1.8 II , Phottix Strato flash trigger, Battery pack for 580EXII

CLICK MY BLOG! --- ALANCWL.COM , I share everything here

#49 Kosmo

Kosmo

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Looking at CF 2010 picture and feeling so old : < Time sure has passed fast D:

Member of Section 8 (Cosplay, Props, Performance).

Visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook...ction8Singapore to follow our cosplay performances and prop-making!