Photo

[CANCELED] Comic Fiesta Goes To Karnival Belia Kreatif!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Coffy

Coffy

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Posted ImageUPDATE! Karnival Belia Kreatif has been canceled by the Ministry of Youth and Sports. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.If you haven't already done so, head over to our official website to find out what this cosplay competition is about.Comic Fiesta is starting 2012 with a bang. We will be organizing a Cosplay Competition on behalf of the Karnival Belia Kreatif 2012 organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports. It is a 3-day (23rd to 25th of March) event happening at the National Sports Complex (Kompleks Sukan Negara) in Bukit Jalil.KBK Cosplay Competition DetailsDate: 24 - 25 March, 2012Venue: Perkarangan Kompleks Sukan, Bukit JalilTime:Preliminary round (24th) - 2.30 pm till 5 pmFinal Round (25th) - 12.30 pm till 2.30 pmPrize Giving (25th) - 2.30 pm onwardsPrizes:1st - RM 12002nd - RM 9003rd - RM 500(2x) Consolation - RM 250/eachBest Skit - RM 450Best Costume/Prop - RM 450Interested? Of course you are. :D So here's some extra info for ya!Section I [spoiler=General Rules & Regulations]1. The cosplay competition is open to everyone, regardless of nationality.2. Please ensure that the information that you have provided is clear and concise. The Committee holds the prerogative to disqualify any participant who does not present proper reference character names (e.g. spelling or terms) for our qualifying round.3. Please do not show up only partially clothed and/or nude. Anyone who does so will not be allowed access into the event venue. Contact the committee should you have any inquiries regarding the state of exposure of your costume.4. Please do not use any obscenities, foul language or rude hand signs in the event venue. Remember, rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength. Poses that require extreme bodily contacts or suggestive sexual behavior is strictly not allowed, including any kind of sexual fetishes related poses.5. Prizes will be forfeited should the winner not present him/herself at the time of presentation, performance and/or prize giving. No appeals will be entertained.6. The Comic Fiesta Committee's decision is final, no appeals will be entertained.7. Photographers are not allowed to stalk or take voyeuristic shots of any cosplayers. Photo shooting is strictly not allowed in the washrooms/changing rooms. Kindly, ask permission from cosplayers before taking their pictures.8. If you're reading this, thank you. These Rules & Regulations have been prepared through the blood, sweat and tears of the organizing committee of Comic Fiesta. Shame on you if you're trying to copy this without asking. I'm giving you a frowny face. --> =(9. Cosplayers have the right to refuse any request made by photographers. If a photographer insists on taking your picture without permission, kindly decline him/her away politely or head towards to any working CF Committee for further assistance. Cosplayers are free to leave the scene after their picture has been taken.10. Comic Fiesta may tape or photograph cosplayers at its discretion. Entry into Comic Fiesta event venue is an agreement by the contestants to allow Comic Fiesta to use their likeness/image, etc in any current/future advertisement, promotion or product.11. Cosplayers and other visitors are not allowed to use the stage without permission even when there are no activities taking place on the stage. The Comic Fiesta committee holds the right to remove anyone from the stage and event hall if they should not follow this rule.12. Cosplay at your own risk. Comic Fiesta will not be responsible for any loss or damage that happens outside the event area.13. By entering the event venue, cosplayers have agreed to have read and understood all contents of rules & regulations set by Comic Fiesta Committee. All cosplayers will be subjected to all the rules & regulations and thereby liable for any action taken against cosplayers if they decide not to adhere to the rules & regulations.[/spoiler]Section II[spoiler=Rules Regarding Cosplay Props]1. Cosmetics/costumes/tools/props/replicas are to be brought by the cosplayers themselves.2. Comic Fiesta will not discourage the use of any materials for the crafting of props. However, cosplayers are reminded that the handling of props must be done responsibly with the utmost caution.3. No volatile/explosive/toxic/radioactive/reactive/corrosive/easily flammable substances are allowed. Our attendees are not to be experimented on.4. The usage of non-solid props (e.g. fake blood) and other mess-inducing objects (e.g. confetti) is not advised. The Comic Fiesta Committee reserves the right to make the cosplayers clean up after their act (literally).5. The responsibility of all replicas/props and anything done with it is to be held by the owner(s) themselves. The Comic Fiesta Committee will not be held responsible towards anything as a result of individual carelessness.6. Any replicas/props found to be handled irresponsibly and/or deemed dangerous by our security personnel will be confiscated. Ignorance is not an excuse. Items which are confiscated will be returned after the event.7. The Comic Fiesta Committee reserves the right to withdraw the rights of participation should anyone be found to break any of the aforementioned rules & regulations.[/spoiler]Section III[spoiler=Changing Rooms & Washrooms]1. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to enter the changing room or washrooms of the opposite gender.2. Please clean up after using the washrooms. Please keep the changing rooms/washrooms clean by not leaving behind any make-ups, wig parts, accessories, food wrappers/packages, water bottles and props in the changing rooms/washrooms.3. Vandalism, messing up the changing rooms/washrooms is highly intolerable. Those who are responsible will have to clean/repair the washrooms/changing rooms.4. Be a considerate person, please do not hog the washrooms unless if you are needed for assistance by other cosplayers.5. This is a trap line designed to discourage copypasta. If you're reading this, thank you very much. Here's a smiley face for you --> =)6. There are mirrors provided for cosplayers and the changing rooms. Please use it with caution and be careful of your own safety. Kindly share and take turns using them. You may bring your own mirror but please ensure that your mirror is kept properly.7. Do not leave your properties in the changing rooms/washrooms. The Comic Fiesta Committee will not be responsible for any loss of items. You are advised to guard your own properties or have your trusted friends to look over it if you need to leave it behind.8. Any lost/found items may be reported to Comic Fiesta Committee during or after the event. Comic Fiesta Committee will help post the list of lost/found items in the forum to help retrieve/return such items. However, please note that the Comic Fiesta Committee only does so in goodwill and cannot be held responsible for your loss.[/spoiler]Section IV [spoiler=Cosplay Competition Format]1. There is only one category for this competition. Participants may choose to enter as a solo contestant or as a group (to a maximum of 5).2. 20 participants for the Preliminaries will be given 5 minutes to perform a skit of their choosing on stage.3. 10 participants will then be chosen for the Finals and will be given single-word themes right after the Preliminaries tobase a second 5 minute skit on. This single-word is open to interpretation and will factor into the 'creativity' section of the marking scheme on finals.3. Regardless of the category, the participant-helper ratio cannot exceed 1:2. This is to say, for every participating cosplayer, there cannot be more than 2 assistants/helpers (less is fine). To further illustrate the point, here's a graph...Posted ImageSorry, I meant this one...Posted ImageHow many you have outside of that is up to your discretion.4. Participants will be judged based on their... Character Portrayal (how well the character is presented) Costume (how accurate the presentation is to the character's, well erm... character) Creativity (how outstanding the approach might be) Showmanship (how entertaining is the performance)11. The Preliminaries will be held on the 24th of March, 2.30pm - 5.00pm. The Finals will be held on the 25th of March, 12.30pm - 2.30pm.12. Participants are required to check in at the [CF event booth] 45 minutes before the beginning for the competition where the order of performance will be determined.13. Logistical assistance (microphones, chairs, tables) can be provided but advance notification will be required upon submitting your registration forms. Kindly understand that this assistance will also be subject to availability and will be confirmed upon check in.14. Participants are also advised to submit a copy of their performance soundtrack in .mp3 or .wmv format (in no less than 128kbps) upon check in... just in case.15. There are a total of seven cash prizes available to be won:1st - RM 12002nd - RM 9003rd - RM 500(2x) Consolation - RM 250/eaBest Skit = RM 450Best Costume/Prop = RM 450[/spoiler]Download the registration form here and send it to cosplay@comicfiesta.org! If you have any questions or enquiries (really, anything at all!), you can ask them right here! Just hit that Posted Image button you see at the bottom right end of the thread, and ask us ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you ever want to know about the Karnival Belia Kreatif Cosplay Competition. :)

#2 LukePaddingtonIsMe

LukePaddingtonIsMe

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

This is nice ^^Though, is this like a joint event with other non-cosplay related organizations or cosplay related organizations only?

#3 Miyuyu

Miyuyu

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Awesome! =DCan non-participants of the competition cosplay too? I mean like us audience :3
♪Cosplay Plans 2012♪
Spoiler

#4 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is nice ^^Though, is this like a joint event with other non-cosplay related organizations or cosplay related organizations only?

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean. This is an event called Karnival Belia Kreatif by the Ministry of Youth and Sports. CF is merely assisting them by organizing a cosplay competition.

Awesome! =DCan non-participants of the competition cosplay too? I mean like us audience :3

Sure, of course you can cosplay! Just make sure to read the rules and don't wear "poke eye" costumes. Or else MINDEF will come after you.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#5 crossbone

crossbone

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi =), will we be using a stage for the competition?If we are,what is the size of the stage?

#6 Miyuyu

Miyuyu

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Sure, of course you can cosplay! Just make sure to read the rules and don't wear "poke eye" costumes. Or else MINDEF will come after you.

Miyuyu *likes* this XDD

#7 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi =), will we be using a stage for the competition?If we are,what is the size of the stage?

Hi, we're still trying to confirm this. We'll update you as soon as we do.

Miyuyu *likes* this XDD

NaviX *likes" Miyuyu! ;)

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#8 HarunaIchihara

HarunaIchihara

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Do we have to pay to enter?And,is there an age limit to enter?

#9 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Do we have to pay to enter?And,is there an age limit to enter?

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. Entrance for Karnival Belia Kreatif and the cosplay competition is FREE!There is also no age limit for the cosplay competition but do note that there is no age group either so you might be competing with people from various ages. If you're okay with that, then we're okay with you joining regardless of your age. If you are underage, please make sure you have your parents permission.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#10 addychion

addychion

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

hooray , another event ..... hmmm gonna cosplay and go there without participating in competition ....

#11 Lanciaz

Lanciaz

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

The post stated that it's on 23-25 March. But the official website stated that it's on 11-12 February *dates subject to change*.Should I follow this thread instead of official website then?

#12 Coffy

Coffy

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

The post stated that it's on 23-25 March. But the official website stated that it's on 11-12 February *dates subject to change*.Should I follow this thread instead of official website then?

Hi there! If you noticed, the dates 23 - 25 March, 2012 refers to Karnival Belia Kreatif itself, not the cosplay competition specifically. We still haven't locked down the exact dates for the competition, hence why the "Dates Subject to Change" clause is there. The scheduling is the same, only the dates are now TBA. Hope that clears up things for ya. :DEDIT: Sorry for the confusion, Karnival Belia Kreatif has been postponed to the 23rd to 25th of March and the cosplay competition will on the 24th (Saturday) and the 25th (Sunday) of March.

#13 Lanciaz

Lanciaz

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Ahaha been wondering about that makes me forgot all about greetings. Hi~ :DSo the Karnival Belia Kreatif is on 23/3 and the cosplay competition is on 11/2 then is that right? ^^

#14 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Ahaha been wondering about that makes me forgot all about greetings. Hi~ :DSo the Karnival Belia Kreatif is on 23/3 and the cosplay competition is on 11/2 then is that right? ^^

Hi, do check the latest update on the main post and also the latest post by Coffy. The cosplay competition will happen during Karnival Belia Kreatif and it will be on the 24th and 25th of March. The KBK itself (meaning other stuff besides cosplay) starts on the 23rd of March. Check it out if you're free and don't forget to register!

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#15 Lanciaz

Lanciaz

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Allright. Thanks for the heads up. See you guys there on 24th then?

#16 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Allright. Thanks for the heads up. See you guys there on 24th then?

Yup, see you there!

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#17 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

WoW! Three nice event at March @.@ My wallet~ T^THaha, i will see if i have enough budget for this. Not a cosplayer yet but really like to attend these event ^^

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#18 Pierre Tan

Pierre Tan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

If I'm not apply for participate the competition,Can I go there and cosplay too?

#19 Aiveris_AYxC

Aiveris_AYxC

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

If I'm not apply for participate the competition,Can I go there and cosplay too?

By NaviX- "Sure, of course you can cosplay! Just make sure to read the rules and don't wear "poke eye" costumes. Or else MINDEF will come after you."

#20 emino

emino

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Cosplay as Ace or Ippo considered as 'poke eye' or not? lol

#21 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Cosplay as Ace or Ippo considered as 'poke eye' or not? lol

I guess if you're male it should be fine. But do note that this is organized by the government so they might be a little conservative. It would be best to avoid unnecessary trouble.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#22 Hexlord

Hexlord

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Will drop by if I got the time~ :)

Black Rabbit Photography

Blog | DeviantArt | Facebook | Google+

#23 tmkk961

tmkk961

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

So is this the main Comic Fiesta event which was usually in December? I thought Comic Fiesta is in December.If not, when and where will the next Comic Fiesta be held? And when will the registration form for Artists' booth be out for the next Comic Fiesta?-Kai Kuroi

#24 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

So is this the main Comic Fiesta event which was usually in December? I thought Comic Fiesta is in December.If not, when and where will the next Comic Fiesta be held? And when will the registration form for Artists' booth be out for the next Comic Fiesta?-Kai Kuroi

Hi Kai Kuroi!To answer your questions, no this is not the main Comic Fiesta event. This is simply and event we are helping out with.Our main event has, and will still be, in December. We have no intention to change this in the foreseeable future and will try our darnedest (as we have every year) to maintain to the very same schedule.We hope *teaser alert* to open our Artist Booth registration earlier this year, and should situation allow it, you should expect us to open it sometime within the months of June-August.We will try and keep you updated with the comings and goings of our main event through the year. In the meanwhile, do keep up with our FB and Twitter to keep yourself updated. =)

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#25 kiakie

kiakie

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

hi bmj` may i noe wat ia da actual date n venue of comic fiesta 2012?and wat is da step i shud do to enter da cosplay competition? we can jz wear our costume n enter da event/? thank you~

-kiakie

#26 Chikuyo

Chikuyo

Junior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Greeting Kiakie-san,
The date n venue still under discussion..later CF Comm shall announce it with all the detailes with the cosplay event info..but i can assured u that CF 2012 date still in December..and the event schedule shall be upgraded..and much better than last year..
Please wait anxiously.. :)
Thanks
many people cosplay in real life, try to be honest with yourself..

#27 Yamada

Yamada

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hi,can I ask how to enter the cosplay competition? Are we gonna just where our costumes and register ? Or do something else