This is the first time Gamefest going to add in Cosplay Competition with theme limitation to Gaming character. In Gamefest, we believe that Character design is one of the important element in Game Development, and though this competition we hope we can bring awareness to all the gamers and cosplayer in Malaysia about this idea. With collaboration with EMiNA Cyberjaya, we bring you this awesome cosplay competition.
1. GF4 Cosplay Competition is open to all.
2. GF4 Cosplay Competition will be held on day TWO ( 2 ) of the event which is 8th April 2012.
3. Registration for the competition is open for pre-registration and on-site registration. Number of participants will be capped only to the first 20 person who register based on first-come-first-serve basis, with no exception.
4. Pre-registration will be open two ( 2 ) weeks before the event day and ended on 5th April 2012.
5. Participants for the competition are required to submit this form, digitally via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check-in for the competition at GameFest4 on 8th April by 10.00 AM.
6. Contestants are required to attach reference for the character design ( preferably in colour ) and information. Failure to do so may result in rejection of entry.
Rules & Regulations
1. This competition is strictly for game-based characters only, regardless of genre.
E.g. : Vocaloid is accepted because of the Project Diva game.
2. Costumes, props and tools are prepared by the Cosplayers themselves.
3. Contestants are not allowed to dress revealing costumes or nudity.
4. Materials that are strictly prohibited from entering the event:
– Real weapon with actual ammunition.
– Any weapon with sharp or pointy ends.
– Hazardous chemicals. E.g. flammable, radioactive, corrosive.
– Lighters or matches that can cause fire.
5. If the contestant is found to have the listed items, it will be given to the GF4 committee and cannot be used for the competition. Contestants can claim their belongings back after the end of the event.
6. Cosplayers should clean up any mess they make. Eg: makeup, props.
7. There will be designated changing rooms for Cosplayers to use for changing and makeup.
1. The preliminaries will start at 11.30 AM.
2. Each contestant will be given 30 seconds to do at least 3 poses.
3. Contestants will be informed at least 30 minutes before the finals on whether they make it.
4. The finalists will be given a theme with an item to prepare for an impromptu 5 minute skit.
5. The finals will start at 2.00 PM.
6. The finalists will be judged on:
a) Character – 30%
B) Costume – 30%
c) Performance – 15%
d) Creativity – 25%
7. The judge’s decision is final.
For addition info, visit:
Gamefest 4 Website
Gamefest 4 Facebook Page